Should an X-Men member be allowed to join outside teams?

#1 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine was a long-time X-Men member and an Avenger. Beast is a Secret Avenger and an X-Men all the way from the First Class. Storm is a recent addition to the Avengers.

Now with all this infighting going on between mutants and Avengers, should an X-Man (current or former) be allowed anywhere near an Avenger team? Maybe if they left a team many years ago that could be an exception, but for characters that flip flop teams, where would you stand?

I'd say no X-Men in the Avengers teams, or else quit one team to join the other.

#2 Posted by XsPectre28 (726 posts) - - Show Bio

In The End Both Teams Are Going To Become One Either That Or A Team Will Be Formed As A Co-Team Consisting Of A Few X-men & Avengers

#3 Posted by jhazzroucher (15871 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with James Howlett aka Wolverine and Ororo Munroe aka Storm to be an x-men member and an Avengers member at the same time. : )

#4 Posted by ExtraLarge (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I think one team per hero is a good rule.

#5 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

I'm fine with James Howlett aka Wolverine and Ororo Munroe aka Storm to be an x-men member and an Avengers member at the same time. : )

and if i'm not wrong beast was avenger for a time

#6 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with wolverine and beast being members as they've been members for a long while. Storm on the other hand just confused me. She already has her own team of x-men and is a part of the extinction team it doesn't make sense as to why she felt the need to join them.

#7 Posted by jhazzroucher (15871 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtGamer said:

@jhazzroucher said:

and if i'm not wrong beast was avenger for a time

I forgot. Yes he is still an Avenger. So Beast is an ex x-men member.

#8 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Avengers are too big as it is. I'm hoping AvX is going to weed some of the members out. I mean half the X-Men are on the the Avengers, almost every solo comic guy is on the Avengers and if you aren't an X-Men or have a solo comic, hey guess what we got a place for you. I like the one team rule. I mean how is Wolverine running a school with the X-Men, doing his thing in a solo comic and being an Avenger all at the same time? Does he sleep or is there another mutant power out there we don't know about?

#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92760 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjbostick81 said:

Does he sleep or is there another mutant power out there we don't know about?

Pretty sure there's actually a comic issue that jokingly refers to him being able to be in multiple places at once as his super power.

Also, in Schism (I think it was Schism), he mentions how he just got in from something with the Avengers and is exhausted.

#10 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: I knew it! He is the ultimate Marvel Character. lol

I think when a character is used a lot in other titles sometimes it slips past writers and raises un needed questions.

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92760 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjbostick81: He's the ultimate 'this is popular, so let's make him that' character lol. Wolverine is a reflection of what's currently popular, IMO. I miss the days when his healing factor wasn't out of control, he wasn't unkillable and he didn't have his memories. I miss the badass renegade, he was awesome.

I agree. I also think that sometimes small continuity issues aren't a problem, it's what you get things that directly contradict that I get irritable.

#12 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: That's how it is with Spider-Man. You got AvX happening and yet somehow Spider-Man and the Avengers are trying to save the world from Doc Oct at the same time in Amazing Spider-Man. That's what drives me crazy about characters being in multiple titles. I guess it's anything they can do to get Wolverine or Spider-Man on every comic, because it seems to sells more.

#13 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Not too many should, considering the Avengers treat the X-Men like crap. Genosha...did they help? Nope.

#14 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3582 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. That's the only way non-mutants might come to understand the issues mutants deal with. The only thing that is accomplished by separating themselves into a couple of teams with no non-mutant superhumans is self-segregation.

#15 Posted by Spidey_Guy1 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

It's done so often now. But I feel that it waters down some of these heroes due to over exposure.

#16 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spidey_Guy1 said:

It's done so often now. But I feel that it waters down some of these heroes due to over exposure.

Well said!

#17 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spidey_Guy1 said:

I think they only get watered down if they are serving on multiple teams at the same time or make random appearances for no explicable reason. I miss the times when the team rosters were more stable, and that's probably why I'm drifting towards X-Factor and the Future Foundation/Fantastic Four.

#18 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@cjbostick81 said:

Does he sleep or is there another mutant power out there we don't know about?

Pretty sure there's actually a comic issue that jokingly refers to him being able to be in multiple places at once as his super power.

Also, in Schism (I think it was Schism), he mentions how he just got in from something with the Avengers and is exhausted.

They did a good "how is he on so many teams?" issue for wolverine called "A Mile In My Moccasins," by Jason Aaron and Adam Kubert. You get to see a sequence of successive days where wolverine is on a different team in a different fight each night and there's a point where Spider-Man confronts him--"You're in, like, eight different teams right now. You're changing costumes like a Britney Spears backup dancer. You're running yourself ragged."--and Logan admits he's trying to keep himself too busy to dwell on all of his newly regained memories.

Here's a few scans from around the web of the "calendar" sequence, which is pretty long and pretty awesome:

It's rough being Wolverine.

#19 Posted by Spidey_Guy1 (62 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhoenixoftheTides: I hear you. But don't forget that Storm is on 2 teams,The Thing is on 3 teams, Spidey is on about 3 as well and let's not even talk about Wolverine.
#20 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spidey_Guy1 said:

@PhoenixoftheTides: I hear you. But don't forget that Storm is on 2 teams,The Thing is on 3 teams, Spidey is on about 3 as well and let's not even talk about Wolverine.

Interestingly, all but one of these characters are on my "Oh no, can't read that story" list.

#21 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

I rather it be other X-Men then just Storm and Wolverine. I know many other X-Men that can join other teams too.

#22 Posted by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind x-men on Avengers so much, but non mutants shouldn't be in the x-men.....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.