Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Seriously O5... Go home...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Not only are they constantly threatening all X-men/Marvel reality and raping our childhoods Beast X Jean & Cyclops X X-23, this is just becoming a trollfest. There are simply way too many X-men present-- not to mention their doubles and triples at this point. Besides, Bendis has proven himself (in All-New X-men anyways and House of M) that he can be a capable writer. It's about time he redirected his focus on the main cast instead of this temporary cast from the past.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm personally enjoying seeing how the younger, idealistic versions of them interact with the elder, more jaded versions. Though what's this about Cyclops and X-23?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

People complain that comics don't change it up a bit that it's the same old same old every time and the writers never take a chance and try something different. When writers finally do try something different we get we want things the way it was how dare you change things. You can have it both ways. I for one enjoy the new couples that they are coming up with. Jean and beast! yes please i want to see how this goes. Scott and X-23 okay tell me more. These kinds of things are a fresh take that I'm enjoying. So no don't leave anytime soon O5 make yourselves nice and comfy.

Mannequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mannequin

I don't get exactly who you want Bendis to focus on? There are an array of x-books out there focusing on the main x-cast, certainly one book where he focuses on the O5 isn't a "trollfest".

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Not gonna lie, they do need to go home. Literally everyone is telling them to, just being there is endangering reality.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get exactly who you want Bendis to focus on? There are an array of x-books out there focusing on the main x-cast, certainly one book where he focuses on the O5 isn't a "trollfest".

All New X-men comes off or is the flagship title of X-men now. Which is lame because they have to go back to their original time or else all X-history will be messed up and ruined. So it seems like we are focusing on characters who are going to have their memories erased anyways soon. What's the point? I like Bendis' writing stories in All-New X-men. It's just lame that he has to focus on such temporary characters.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By poisonfleur

@the_stegman said:

Not gonna lie, they do need to go home. Literally everyone is telling them to, just being there is endangering reality.

Next thing you know we will have yet ANOTHER arc focusing on how the past timeline got messed up and now we have to fix it AGAIN with time travel. Oh wait-- isn't that happening now in Battle of the Atom (which is alright, I admit.)

Here is an original title: Age of Original 5

Mannequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mannequin

@poisonfleur: Who knows, maybe the rest will go home and Jean will stay.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All New would have been cool if it was just the original 5 back in their time and it could have focused all new never seen before secret files/stories of the xmen lol.

They do need to go home though. The concept is a bit ridiculous

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Not only are they constantly threatening all X-men/Marvel reality and raping our childhoods Beast X Jean & Cyclops X X-23, this is just becoming a trollfest. There are simply way too many X-men present-- not to mention their doubles and triples at this point. Besides, Bendis has proven himself (in All-New X-men anyways and House of M) that he can be a capable writer. It's about time he redirected his focus on the main cast instead of this temporary cast from the past.

I don't see them doing either of those things, myself.

Luckily, they don't live in reality, so there's actually no real danger whatsoever.

@jonsmith said:

I'm personally enjoying seeing how the younger, idealistic versions of them interact with the elder, more jaded versions.

Me too. Actually, I'm just enjoying that the original X-men are around at all. They really do have a great character dynamic, especially as kids. Sure, the explanation is absurd; but the X-men are kids again, the stories are fun, what's not to like about that?

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: If you thought Battle of the Atom and INFINITY put Marvel's most misunderstood heroes through their paces, just wait until you see what writer Brian Michael Bendis has in store for ALL-NEW X-MEN and GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY next.There's no time for the time-displaced mutants to catch their breath following the status quo-shifting final moments of Battle of the Atom, especially now that the entire Marvel Universe has been alerted that Jean Grey, the former and most terrifying host of the Phoenix in the eyes of many, seems to be alive and well. On the other side of the cosmos, the band of space pirates known as the Guardians of the Galaxy will be forced to get involved with one trouble-making species they've managed to steer clear from: mutants!Joining Bendis for this storyline on art will be ALL-NEW X-MEN’s Stuart Immonen and GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY’s Sara Pichelli. "The Trial of Jean Grey" will put the fear of the Phoenix into this teen team for the very first time.We spoke to Bendis about the two series as they head into All-New Marvel NOW!Marvel.com: Without spoiling the end of Battle of the Atom, what can you tell us about the teen X-Men's status quo in All-New Marvel NOW!? How shaken up are they?Brian Michael Bendis: Without spoiling the end of one of the biggest X-Men events of all time, I will say that a lot has changed. Not everyone is where or when they were when the event began. But, it is safe to say that Jean Grey is still here, and now a lot of people know about it. Once the word gets out that Jean Grey, who was once host to one of the most formidable and destructive cosmic forces in the entire galaxy, [is back], there are people—major players—[that] will want to hold her accountable for some of that destruction.Marvel.com: The Guardians of the Galaxy just had the Marvel Universe playing in their backyard in INFINITY. Can you give us a hint as to what state the team is in following the event?Brian Michael Bendis: They are pretty much intact except for the fact that there is something from the outcome of INFINITY that the Guardians are very uncomfortable with. While the members deal with that—and each other—they receive word that Jean Grey is a target. They rush to help.Marvel.com: The teaser word "Trial" carries a lot of Phoenix baggage with it. Is it safe to say that Jean Grey is at the forefront of this crossover?Brian Michael Bendis: This storyline is called “The Trial of Jean Grey,” so yes!Marvel.com: The X-Men and Guardians have rarely interacted before, if ever. What's been the most interesting thing about writing them together? Do any of the characters clash or get along surprisingly well?Brian Michael Bendis: Well, let's remember that the All-New X-Men are still some of the youngest, most naïve heroes in the entire Marvel Universe. They still have only been X-Men for a few weeks, so everything is a new experience—especially finding out that one of you was the host of a destructive force that took out entire planets, or that there are spaceships, or that raccoons have rockets and laser guns. There is a great deal of fun to be had and a great deal of serious life-changing drama.And not all of the Guardians are going to have the same feeling about Jean Grey and the Phoenix. She is and will always be a very polarizing figure in the Marvel Universe. This “trial” will put the spotlight right on that.Marvel.com: Will having knowledge of adult Jean's trials help teen Jean navigate these circumstances?Brian Michael Bendis: I think it's part of her puzzle that she can't even deal with yet so, yes, this story is going to make her focus on this, a confusing and upsetting part of her history and what her responsibility to all of it really is.Marvel.com: The Guardians usually find themselves on the other side of the law, yet their teaser word is "Judgment." Are they passing judgment on the X-Men or helping the teens escape judgment?Brian Michael Bendis: Right there, that is the reason to tell the story. Everyone has a judgment, but whose is right? Should Jean be held accountable for things that she has not done yet? Should she be stopped before it happens again? Is a crime a crime if the person who committed the crime hasn't committed it yet?Marvel.com: These young X-Men have already had to deal with time travel, and now they've been thrown into space for the first time. How will they handle that?Brian Michael Bendis: For those who know their X-Men, some of you may already be thinking about the fact that one of the original X-Men's fathers already has a very important place in the Marvel galaxy. The X-Men may be shocked to find themselves dealing with space for the very first time, but some of them may be surprised how personal the story will get.

totally excited about this but i sort of feel sorry for teen jean after all shes a teenager

The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh and by the way if there is a "trial of Jean Grey", then what's next the "trial of the Scarlet Witch"?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didnt the Shiar already do this a long time ago. I thought even passed judgement on the whole family and massacared the whole family except Rachel

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: yes, Uncanny 466-468. They also branded Rachel.

And actually, it was the Shiar that put the Phoenix back together and that let to Jean's resurrection ( Phoenix: Endsong ). In my book, the can't really be judging.

Brian Michael Bendis: Without spoiling the end of one of the biggest X-Men events of all time, I will say that a lot has changed. Not everyone is where or when they were when the event began.

SERIOUSLY?!

The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And actually, it was the Shiar that put the Phoenix back together and that let to Jean's resurrection ( Phoenix: Endsong ). In my book, the can't really be judging.

@the_goddess_of_chaos said:

Brian Michael Bendis: Without spoiling the end of one of the biggest X-Men events of all time, I will say that a lot has changed. Not everyone is where or when they were when the event began.

SERIOUSLY?!

does that mean the future x-men stay in the present?????

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Stopped caring once I read "raping my childhood" lolk

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomasmaclgh: If the shiar already did this then why are we forced to sit thru this again?!!! Jeez. It gets more and more ridiculous. The Shiar judgement was how Jean died back in the day too. So just...... why?

JamesTargett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's about time he redirected his focus on the main cast instead of this temporary cast from the past.

Isn't it possible that this cast isn't temporary?

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THey can stay for a good wHile as long as tHey don't return to tHeir time too old and get mind wiped.

June'sVeryOwn ABstract4$$#073

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Cyclops and X-23?

Oh wow. I kind of like that. When and where did this happen?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too would love to see them kick rocks back to their own time.

GoblinAlGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No... NEVA!

Muahahahahjajajajaja

XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea or not. *shrugs* 13

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@squares said:

Cyclops and X-23?

Oh wow. I kind of like that. When and where did this happen?

it hasn't happened yet, it's only been teased on a cover (and already people are losing it :v).

I think this direction could be really interesting for All-new X-men. Personally, I love love reading about the O5, especially as kids; but as great as their group dynamic is, I've always thought it was a bit weirdly imbalanced by only having one female member. It's a thing I might not notice if they weren't all teenagers, but it just seems they could have always benefited from a more diverse roster.. especially Marvel Girl, who ultimately was the object of desire for most of rest of the team and had no female peers until Storm joined years later. Having them grow up alongside other teenage mutants just seems less weird and more interesting to me.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is just another chapter of X-men destruction by marvel great job marvel great job

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got bad news for you :

Theyre here to stay lol

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@tomasmaclgh said:

@the_goddess_of_chaos said:

SERIOUSLY?!

does that mean the future x-men stay in the present?????

Winner !!!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

People complain that comics don't change it up a bit that it's the same old same old every time and the writers never take a chance and try something different. When writers finally do try something different we get we want things the way it was how dare you change things. You can have it both ways. I for one enjoy the new couples that they are coming up with. Jean and beast! yes please i want to see how this goes. Scott and X-23 okay tell me more. These kinds of things are a fresh take that I'm enjoying. So no don't leave anytime soon O5 make yourselves nice and comfy.

Wait...huh? What, exactly, about any of this exudes innovative, new and/or fresh ?! How is this different ? What, exactly, sets this apart from your usual time-travel escapade ?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By poisonfleur

@poisonfleur said:

It's about time he redirected his focus on the main cast instead of this temporary cast from the past.

Isn't it possible that this cast isn't temporary?

ooooo...

*mild cringe*
    I haven't thought of that...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

Wait...huh? What, exactly, about any of this exudes innovative, new and/or fresh ?! How is this different ? What, exactly, sets this apart from your usual time-travel escapade ?

Thank you^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.