Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Scott's team VS Storm's x-women

• 53 results
    darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

who would win?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Storm's X-Women as in: Storm, Rachel Grey, Psylocke, Jubilee (vamp), and Kitty Pryde.... I'd say Storm's X-Women hands down. Given the current situation Scott's team is in (with the exception of Magik) they're all pretty weak and uncontrollable.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Lol spite. Scott's team is curb-stomped. In every respect.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didnt Eva just own the avengers....... im down this team storm but i might have to roll with THE x-leader & the Extinction Squad

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Storm's team of course. Ororo Munroe team for the win!

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chiq

Tempus and Magik stomp

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really hope this happens in the next issue of all new x-men

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm waiting for Cyclops's X-Men Vs Uncanny Avengers. Brother against brother..... You now it's going to happen.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tempus gets flash-frozen the minute Storm lays eyes on her, Magik is also a non-factor unless the setting is Limbo.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Roddy010

I'm waiting for Cyclops's X-Men Vs Uncanny Avengers. Brother against brother..... You now it's going to happen.

That's been done to death, so I really hope they leave that dead horse alone.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

Tempus and Magik stomp

Tempus has no defenses against a telepath who will shut her down before she even knew what happened. Magik will be a tough contender but stomping this battle she is not.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chiq

Magik can just instantly teleport herself into another dimension or Limbo or part of the galaxy where they can't attack her then dump them in space or trap them in a different time period. ( She does not need to be in the area to teleport people) No spells needed. She can now call down lightning on earth too.. plus she has much greater durability and healing powers then others and TP defenses as well.

Magik can harm Kitty with her sword and she's stop Kitty from phasing before.

Tempus out reacted the Avengers so it's not a sure thing that she doesn't get the first shot off too.

Scott can still unleash hell as well even in his current state.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: Magik can just instantly teleport herself into another dimension or Limbo or part of the galaxy where they can't attack her then dump them in space or trap them in a different time period. ( She does not need to be in the area to teleport people) No spells needed. She can now call down lightning on earth too.. plus she has much greater durability and healing powers then others and TP defenses as well.

Magik can harm Kitty with her sword and she's stop Kitty from phasing before

Making her a tough contender but that doesn't mean she stomps. Black Widow was able to tag her even though she was being teleported so I see no reason why anyone on Storm's team couldn't land a blow. Also you have people on this team who may react faster than her.

Tempus out reacted the Avengers so it's not a sure thing that she doesn't get the first shot off too

An Avengers roster with not one telepath (at least not as powerful as Betsy and Rachel) on the field. They would be inside her mind before she even realize it.

Scott can still unleash hell as well even in his current state

Scott will be one of the first few down. No telepathic resistance, he's vulnerable to Storm's powers, he has no answer to Kitty's intangibility.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I love how people us the Avengers as a measuring stick of power. They have some heavy hitters on their team but the X-men have even more mainly due to the size of the team.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By chiq

@roddy010: Illyana was just playing around in that black widow fight. She said if she was serious black widow would have been dead. She didn't even bring out her sword until the time when she felt like she needed to end it. She evaded her widow sting at first and then decided to conjure up some demons to grab her, those demons could have easily torn widow apart if she was serious. She has feats of teleporting in a blink of an eye and its been stated she can be anywhere she wishes in milliseconds, and as far as I know no one on that team has micro or nano second reaction time, and Storm in the battle with the black panther required millseconds to conjure up some lighting. She could just dump a thousand demons on them. She has teleported lasers and bullets away and has held of Thor, Cap and black knight by herself with her sword. Her armor, regen and healing gives her a much better chance at surviving the first shot then Storm has any defense from being teleported anywhere Magik likes.

I mean Magik has beaten people way more powerful then most of those people combined. She is a hell lord and in a forum setting where characters are operating at their best and not jobbing that team isn't all that powerful. Rachel as a PF even got turned into a mannequin by Limbo magic. Rachel is the only heavy hitter in that group that could conceivably give the uncanny team trouble. Kitty could be a problem too if Illyana wasn't there...

and I am not sure that they can just take down Scott with TP before he fires his blast off. He has shown the ability to fight through TP in the past or at last resist it. (I guess you can say PIS or not but the same can be said of Storms showings vs TP)

If you get past the who hits who fist argument Scott's team has more power and has better tactics with Scott on board. Mags might even be able to muster a shield as well just to block the inital blitz before he folds due to his depowerment.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

@roddy010: Illyana was just playing around in that black widow fight. She said if she was serious black widow would have been dead. She didn't even bring out her sword until the time when she felt like she needed to end it. She evaded her widow sting at first and then decided to conjure up some demons to grab her, those demons could have easily torn widow apart if she was serious. She has feats of teleporting in a blink of an eye and its been stated she can be anywhere she wishes in milliseconds, and as far as I know no one on that team has micro or nano second reaction time, and Storm in the battle with the black panther required millseconds to conjure up some lighting. She could just dump a thousand demons on them. She has teleported lasers and bullets away and has held of Thor, Cap and black knight by herself with her sword. Her armor, regen and healing gives her a much better chance at surviving the first shot then Storm has any defense from being teleported anywhere Magik likes.

I mean Magik has beaten people way more powerful then most of those people combined. She is a hell lord and in a forum setting where characters are operating at their best and not jobbing that team isn't all that powerful. Rachel as a PF even got turned into a mannequin by Limbo magic. Rachel is the only heavy hitter in that group that could conceivably give the uncanny team trouble. Kitty could be a problem too if Illyana wasn't there...

and I am not sure that they can just take down Scott with TP before he fires his blast off. He has shown the ability to fight through TP in the past or at last resist it. (I guess you can say PIS or not but the same can be said of Storms showings vs TP)

If you get past the who hits who fist argument Scott's team has more power and has better tactics with Scott on board. Mags might even be able to muster a shield as well just to block the inital blitz before he folds due to his depowerment.

Micro and nano second reactions are a writer's way to exaggerate things and cause complications/complexity. Hyperbolic and unnecessary measurement. It doesn't count. If you can't react faster than the speed of thought, you're going nowhere. Doesn't matter if she could dump a bus-load of demons on them, both Rachel and Psylocke will know, and will evade. And it hasn't been stated as to what morals each team possesses, so i think it's safe to assume that Magik will still be playing "games" here, which means she'll procrastinate, and lose.

If you're basing Scott's telepathic defenses on instances that only include either Jean Grey or Emma Frost, then lol. Scott is not known for having nigh-telepathic defenses, and if he is, you're quite right about it being PIS, i'll give him being able to resist some assaults, but he's not on Storm's level. Not even close. She on the other hand, doesn't need to rely on that, you could never say the same because she actually has valid, feasible arguments to back herself up with.

Storm's just a good a tactician as Scott. Wouldn't way one is better than the other, but they do lead in different ways. But considering all of their powers (barring the new mutants and Magik's) have gone awry, it's a little obvious how this battle's going to end.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

No Caption Provided

Fact still remains she was able to get tagged, which is the point of my post. A thousand demons is canon fodder to this team so they won't be nothing but a mere distraction. Also you just contradicted your own argument if it takes both Storm and Magik milliseconds to create effects that means they have equal reaction time. You shouldn't underestimate the strength behind Storm's lightning. She's been able to hurt 100 tonners so Magik shouldn't be no problem. In X-men: Black Sun #2, Storm was possessed by N'Gairai (who was a complete novice in the use of her powers) was able to impact an entire team of X-men while Magik was present. Before the scan Magik entered Earth through one of the stepping disks and tells everyone to take cover before it is too late. "Storm" comes along yelling, ‘It is found, it is ours!" then strikes the ground with lightning. Thunderbird asks her if she has gone nuts and she replies with another bolt of lightning to the ground which sent Thunderbird into Magik, and knocked Betsy completely out of the game.

Cyclops with out a telepath has little to no actual will power feats to show he can resist Betsy or Rachel. Their powers are activate much faster than his so he will be one of the first few to be shut down.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chiq

@roddy010: That was Magik 2 a weaker Magik without any of the teleporting feats Illyana has. Yes so they both get lighting and teleport out in milliseconds. So by the time the lighting hits Magik is gone and can just teleport her head off from another dimension. If you are going to bring up that Illyana has been tagged before well yes, even the flash has been tagged before. Storm in not a speedster and does not have reaction feats that Magik can't handle.

About her demons being cannon fodder, they have contained the Avengers including Quicksilver. and Rouge had trouble with one minor demon. Another minor demon lackey of Illyana turned PF Rachel into a mannequin. So nope that team isn't just walking over an army of demons. Some of the demons even carry the transmode virus and can regen from a single molecule. Carol who is a much faster flyer the Storm just got dragged down by the flying demons.

Illyana has tons of other powers. Casting illusions, turning invisible, intangible. spells that turn people to dust, casting lightning herself, manipulating matter, absorbing souls, going to the astral plane while on earth. She has even turned into a being of pure energy. This isn't even the ampped up Illyana who is now more powerful on earth and is even physically stronger. If anything Illyana is less human then Storm since she is a demon and has displayed more physical super human attributes throughout her career.

I can't believe I am debating a Storm vs Magik battle again. She will be facing Dormammu soon, Storm isn't in her class power wise.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for storm_ultimatebadass
    Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik would be the biggest threat on Cyclops team, but Storm has herself, Rachel and Psylocke are both remarkable telepaths Those 3 themselves will be enough to take down Cyclops team including Magik.

Avatar image for storm_ultimatebadass
    Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I love Magik.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq:

@roddy010: That was Magik 2 a weaker Magik without any of the teleporting feats Illyana has. Yes so they both get lighting and teleport out in milliseconds. So by the time the lighting hits Magik is gone and can just teleport her head off from another dimension. If you are going to bring up that Illyana has been tagged before well yes, even the flash has been tagged before. Storm in not a speedster and does not have reaction feats that Magik can't handle.

That was a weaker version of Storm (who at the time was a complete novice in the use of her powers). I'm sorry I shouldn't have said reaction time in my last post I meant conjuring time. There's a difference. If they both have the same conjuring time then that just means they both have a possibility of taking each other out. Storm doesn't need to be a speedster to tag Magik. Her powers work fast enough.

Now for the scans.

First scan only shows that Magik can teleport large objects at will. (something that I already know) Besides that it really proves nothing. This doesn't show that she's faster than Storm on the draw. I can show you scans we're Storm conjure more impressive effects in less time.

Second scan is utter PIS. For all speed of light >Speed of thought. If this were not the case speedblitz would not exist. So her reacting Monica is complete bull I'm sorry.

Third scan only shows she can teleport multiple people but it doesn't prove that she can pull this off before someone takes her out.

As for the fourth scan. Mystic bolts and lightning bolts are not the same thing respectively. Storm's bolts have concussive force behind them so it will at the very least knock Magik back like it did in the scan earlier.

Those last scans were during AvX where Magik was powered by Phoenix (which also empowered that part of Limbo. Limbo where the demons gain power.) The same Phoenix empowered Limbo that Storm punched a hole through with her lightning. They won't have such casualty on Marvel earth. Storm has completely incinerated a demon with her lightning before.

And Magik only outclasses Storm in Limbo. So please cut that nonsense out.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chiq

@roddy010: Those scans show that Magik can port almost instantly and evade storms lighting, it also shows she can bfr multiple people scattered all over the battle field. So it does not matter where you are if she wants to dump you in the sun a different time period or a different dimension she can and she can do it to multiple targets at the same time.

I don't think you are being realistic when you say storm can survive an onslaught of a thousand demons. Some of whom can break adamatuim, have different powers or have the transmode virus. Please stop trying to make Storm something she is not. She is a powerful weather manipulator, that's it. She is not a hell lord or a SS.

Magik can access more of her Limbo powers on earth as well and has a way more versatile and powerful power set. Do you think writters would even dream of putting up Storm against the enchantress, mephisto, Demon Colossus and Dormammu and Archenemy?

Scott seemed to think he needed more then Storm to contain a pre phoenix amped Magik on earth. Anyway I am done debating here. If you Storm fans really think Storm is more powerful or equal to Magik be my guest.

No Caption Provided

Imperfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I believe Scott's team win this fight.

@chiq said:

@roddy010: Those scans show that Magik can port almost instantly and evade storms lighting, it also shows she can bfr multiple people scattered all over the battle field. So it does not matter where you are if she wants to dump you in the sun a different time period or a different dimension she can and she can do it to multiple targets at the same time.

I don't think you are being realistic when you say storm can survive an onslaught of a thousand demons. Some of whom can break adamatuim, have different powers or have the transmode virus. Please stop trying to make Storm something she is not. She is a powerful weather manipulator, that's it. She is not a hell lord or a SS.

Magik can access more of her Limbo powers on earth as well and has a way more versatile and powerful power set. Do you think writters would even dream of putting up Storm against the enchantress, mephisto, Demon Colossus and Dormammu and Archenemy?

Scott seemed to think he needed more then Storm to contain a pre phoenix amped Magik on earth. Anyway I am done debating here. If you Storm fans really think Storm is more powerful or equal to Magik be my guest.

No Caption Provided

What issue is that ?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: Oh Chiq and we get to the brunt of your argument. Lol I'm just gonna stop here. We've been down this road before and the same scan has been discredited so many times.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By chiq
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

If both team had there powers, I would say Cylops team, cause of Magneto. I think with Magik, Magneto and Teampus they would win. Psylocke and Storm would beat Emma and Scott. I don't think be able to take out Magik, magneto and tempus.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If the Uncanny Team had their pre-AvX powers, they they would win... Current team is far weaker, but Magik could beat most of Storm's team alone, she can just bring everyone to Limbo or BFR them. And Tempus has taken down the Avengers, she's a big treat.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Tempus has beaten the Avengers so she can beat these guys too" no. Look at the context in which this happened. Like inexperienced lackeys, the Avengers all went head-first to attack with no contingency or anything, they just went in a big clump. That's how she managed to stop them (as per usual with Bendis at the helm, so Tempus apparently "beating" the Avengers is PIS). There's a difference being stopped and being beat.

Tempus gets that Aussie head of hers stomped first. She's nothing.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Roddy010

Tempus has not telepathic resistance so she will be taken out first. The Avengers had little to no telepaths on their team so i don't know why they are even being brought up. Sorry controlling time is awesome an all but It means close to nothing against a telepath.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@judasnixon said:

That's been done to death, so I really hope they leave that dead horse alone.

As long as one of them dies... I'm fine with it. Make a statement Marvel!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#31  Edited By Teerack

Storms X-Men? do you mean Wolverine's?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

No... The X-Women: Storm, Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, Psylocke, and Rachel Grey. The new X-series coming out soon!!

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends, TP surely is Storm's team major strength here, but I'm guessing Tempus powers may work at the speed of thought as well, so it really depends as to who gets the first move.

Personally, I give it to Scott's team, mainly because of Magik and Eva.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

No... The X-Women: Storm, Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, Psylocke, and Rachel Grey. The new X-series coming out soon!!

X-men. They're the X-men.

And, yeah, really only Tempus(?) and Magik are factors in this. Rachel and Psylocke can shut everyone on Cyclops' team down except Emma and maybe Magneto (if he can keep his l'il hat on), and almost anyone on Storm's team could take either of them.

That said, as much as I think Storm is a better leader, I think Cyclops is potentially a better strategist, so, given any warning at all to his side could be the game in his favour. As stated, that's all the warning Tempus or Magic would need. Or Magneto could make his whole team resistant to telepathy.

Either team really just needs a moment to shut the other one down, anyway.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

@teerack said:

And, yeah, really only Tempus(?) and Magik are factors in this. Rachel and Psylocke can shut everyone on Cyclops' team down except Emma and maybe Magneto (if he can keep his l'il hat on), and almost anyone on Storm's team could take either of them.

That said, as much as I think Storm is a better leader, I think Cyclops is potentially a better strategist, so, given any warning at all to his side could be the game in his favour. As stated, that's all the warning Tempus or Magic would need. Or Magneto could make his whole team resistant to telepathy.

I feel like X-Men vs. Uncanny X-Men would go down the way the Uncanny X-Men vs Avengers did in UXM 3.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. Tempus is not that fast. And because of that, she gets stomped first.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By chiq

@papad1992 said:

@teerack said:

Magik has demonic psy shields that should hold up to Rachel and Betsy.

How does Magneto achieve this? ( not a magneto expert) His shields have a history off blocking out TP attacks?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Scott's lineup, honestly, but if this came down to a straight up battle, I agree they are currently over-matched. If this was actually a strategic contest, with his team playing smart and dealing with Storm's team using technique and indirect tactics, they could neutralize most of them - Psylocke and Rachel have been outmaneuvered by "less powerful/less well trained" opponents before and Jubilee is the weak link (we'll have to see her development later in the series). Having Scott, Emma and Erik on one team is a very potent strategic advantage and Magik is a beast and a wildcard for her team (she's becoming a team buster like how Spiral used to be). If it went that way, it could quickly boil down to Scott's entire team versus Storm and Shadowcat. Maybe Rogue, too, but she's a wildcard with her current powerset and could either be KOed early on or pull off a win.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@chiq said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

How does Magneto achieve this? ( not a magneto expert) His shields have a history off blocking out TP attacks?

Didn't know that about Magik.

Magneto's helmet contains technology that blocks telepathy, which he would know how to replicate himself. As I understand it, the device need not be as big as a helmet; the skull that Mystique wears on her forehead, for example, contains a similar device.

I don't know why Cyclops' whole team wouldn't have them if they currently have no telepathic members themselves, though even baseline humans have been shown to be capable of training their minds against telepathy; but that's just conjecture.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I'm going to say Storms team would win ONLY because currently the UCX have broken powers.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

Didn't know that about Magik.

Magneto's helmet contains technology that blocks telepathy, which he would know how to replicate himself. As I understand it, the device need not be as big as a helmet; the skull that Mystique wears on her forehead, for example, contains a similar device.

I don't know why Cyclops' whole team wouldn't have them if they currently have no telepathic members themselves, though even baseline humans have been shown to be capable of training their minds against telepathy; but that's just conjecture.

And it isn't the technology within the helmet that blocks the telepathy. This technology isn't that much consistent, because in evident occurences it's either Magneto himself that stops the telepathy (being a low-level telepath) or the helmet itself. And it's circuitry, you don't just duplicate circuitry.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

And it isn't the technology within the helmet that blocks the telepathy. This technology isn't that much consistent, because in evident occurences it's either Magneto himself that stops the telepathy (being a low-level telepath) or the helmet itself. And it's circuitry, you don't just duplicate circuitry.

Didn't realize they still acknowledged Magneto's telepathy, that's cool. If they do, though, shouldn't he be more than a low-level telepath? The first time I saw him use it he projected his astral form all the way to Atlantis to contact Namor before Xavier could (the X-men #4); that sounds like the work of a fairly powerful telepath to me..

Anyway, I just meant that, given time, I think Magneto could build more of the devices he uses in his helmet. Obviously it's been replicated before (Hellfire club agents used them, as well as Fantomex and Mystique), and he's also supposed to be a genius with robotics and other technology..

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GonnaRain

After reading the new issue of ANXM, TP probably won't work on the Uncanny Team, so I give them even more chances of winning, even with the broken powers.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll throw my cards in Storm's X teams favor. Scott hasn't trained the kids yet, and against the yets the are fodder. Emma is a mess, Magneto would have trouble with Jubilee in his current state, and we all seem to forget Rogue is here and I can't imagine even Magik taking on a Rogue infused with the powers of Storm's team.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@ageofhurricane said:
    @oldnightcrawler said:

And it isn't the technology within the helmet that blocks the telepathy. This technology isn't that much consistent, because in evident occurrences it's either Magneto himself that stops the telepathy (being a low-level telepath) or the helmet itself. And it's circuitry, you don't just duplicate circuitry.

Didn't realize they still acknowledged Magneto's telepathy, that's cool. If they do, though, shouldn't he be more than a low-level telepath? The first time I saw him use it he projected his astral form all the way to Atlantis to contact Namor before Xavier could (the X-men #4); that sounds like the work of a fairly powerful telepath to me..

Anyway, I just meant that, given time, I think Magneto could build more of the devices he uses in his helmet. Obviously it's been replicated before (Hellfire club agents used them, as well as Fantomex and Mystique), and he's also supposed to be a genius with robotics and other technology..

Also didn't realize they acknowledged the fine detail of Magneto possessing technology within his helmet that negates telepathy *shrugs*. And no, he shouldn't. Astral projection is a low-level telepathic feat in itself, and his low-level telepathy is more latent than active, but it's not an aspect of his powers that he could or would need to rely on anyways as it's an aspect of his powers that has since been crippled due to major psychological damage.

I don't think he'd be given time, though, the concept of "prep" in this battle could or could not be a given. Not that it would help much.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm sorry, but who is going to take down Psylocke and Rachel?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also didn't realize they acknowledged the fine detail of Magneto possessing technology within his helmet that negates telepathy *shrugs*. And no, he shouldn't. Astral projection is a low-level telepathic feat in itself, and his low-level telepathy is more latent than active, but it's not an aspect of his powers that he could or would need to rely on anyways as it's an aspect of his powers that has since been crippled due to major psychological damage.

I don't think he'd be given time, though, the concept of "prep" in this battle could or could not be a given. Not that it would help much.

it is? since when? It's certainly not one that many characters ever use.

Anyway, I'm fine with the idea that Magneto lost his telepathy completely when he lost his other powers (at the end of HoM) or when Xavier mind wiped him (at the end of Fatal Attractions), since it's never really been that important to his character. But I don't think there's really any justification for him not still being a whiz at electronics, and that's what could potentially give his team the edge.

Like I said, I think either of these teams have the potential to end this battle before it really starts, it really just comes down to the events leading up to it.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane said:

it is? since when? It's certainly not one that many characters ever use.

Anyway, I'm fine with the idea that Magneto lost his telepathy completely when he lost his other powers (at the end of HoM) or when Xavier mind wiped him (at the end of Fatal Attractions), since it's never really been that important to his character. But I don't think there's really any justification for him not still being a whiz at electronics, and that's what could potentially give his team the edge.

Like I said, I think either of these teams have the potential to end this battle before it really starts, it really just comes down to the events leading up to it.

Since long ago. lol.

Never said he wasn't a whiz, just don't see how the helps much in this battle. So they use the tech to shield themselves from telepathy, what happens when Storm ionizes the air around them to the point the technology fizzes out ? Or anything else for that matter.

Mm. Choosing those events wisely.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Never said he wasn't a whiz, just don't see how the helps much in this battle. So they use the tech to shield themselves from telepathy, what happens when Storm ionizes the air around them to the point the technology fizzes out ? Or anything else for that matter.

That's a point. I hadn't meant to count Storm out, but I hadn't considered that.

Storm would have to be very careful to be doing this to so many targets without killing any of them.. do you suppose that would leave her in a vulnerable position, or would she justifying using one of her own team as a bodyguard for herself?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane said:

That's a point. I hadn't meant to count Storm out, but I hadn't considered that.

Storm would have to be very careful to be doing this to so many targets without killing any of them.. do you suppose that would leave her in a vulnerable position, or would she justifying using one of her own team as a bodyguard for herself?

Not exactly, because knowing Storm, it wouldn't take more than two seconds if not less for her to electrically charge the air around them to the point of technological break-down while not harming human beings. Control and speed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.