Scott Just Can't Catch a Break... (SPOILERS ALL NEW X-MEN #5)

• 135 results
#1 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

So, assuming you all read ANXM #5 and saw that last panel I just can't help but say I'm feeling all kinds of bad for Scott these days. I mean, Bendis has already stated that present-day Scott and Emma Frost's relationship is pretty much in the toilet and now it seems that the romance between younger Scott and Jean Grey is ruined (for the time being anyway, who knows how long they'll actually stay but it seems it's going to be a while). I mean, is Bendis out to just ruin all of Cyke's love life? Does Cyclops really deserve all this harsh treatment he's been getting as of late? Will we ever see a Scott Summers who isn't all broken down, again?

#2 Posted by time (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

yes he does deserve some bad treatment, for once.

#3 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

It's almost absurd how everyone judged Cyclops. I would think that because he's seen what he's done in the future, no one would think he's capable of doing it again (in his own time).

#4 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotwillpower said:

It's almost absurd how everyone judged Cyclops. I would think that because he's seen what he's done in the future, no one would think he's capable of doing it again (in his own time).

Exactly. I totally felt bad for the guy when Wolverine tried to get everyone to vote for killing him. If anything, they should be on his side since he's trying to change everything!

#5 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like all this book is trying to do is make Scott the official villain, while making Logan, Beast and now even the young Jean Grey as the new heroes and Messiahs of the already messy Mutant World. I can't believe that great hypocrite of Wolverine suggested to kill Young Scott, and now Jean is mad at him too, even though she did, or is going to do a whole lot of crappy things in her future...

#6 Posted by time (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel treated Jean,  Charles, storm, magneto, bishop, beast, Emma and even Wolverine poorly and  why did they do this, they did this to push Cyclops character further. He been the only character that's benefited from there misfortunes. If he is written poorly, good, karma people.

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened in the last panel?

#8 Posted by time (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
What happened in the last panel?

what panel.
#9 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

Marvel treated Jean, Charles, storm, magneto, bishop, beast, Emma and even Wolverine poorly and why did they do this, they did this to push Cyclops character further. He been the only character that's benefited from there misfortunes. If he is written poorly, good, karma people.

No, not at all.

#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

^ I don't know, OP is upset about something that happened on the last panel, so I figured I ask.

#11 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

^ I don't know, OP is upset about something that happened on the last panel, so I figured I ask.

Young Jean told young scott to leave her the hell alone.

#12 Edited by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

*SPOILERS* In the last panel, rather in the second to last panel, younger Cyclops goes to Jean Grey after she's made this whole speech about wanting to stay and asks her if they can talk. In the last panel we see an angry Jean walking away from a forlorn looking Scott saying, "Scott--Leave me the hell alone."

#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotcha.

#14 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's supposed to leave room for Wolverine x Jean Grey relationship? OooOoOh!

#15 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotwillpower said:

Maybe it's supposed to leave room for Wolverine x Jean Grey relationship? OooOoOh!

he is gonna date storm and jean?? ooo wolverine you pimp. wait hold up tho... is jean the age of consent here tho? just wondering...

#16 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@RawrImADragon said:

@gotwillpower said:

he is gonna date storm and jean?? ooo wolverine you pimp. wait hold up tho... is jean the age of consent here tho? just wondering...

no shes 16

#17 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@RawrImADragon said:

@gotwillpower said:

no shes 16

Don't worry Bendis will forget and make her 21.

As for Cyclops getting hammered on, I hold out until the end of the arc to see if it's just a writer's assault on a character he doesn't like or a actual plot point.

#18 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar:

why does jean call wolverine james i know its his real name but its just weird

jean grey cant swear right i would be like leave me the *bleep* alone

#19 Posted by slimlim (264 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: If you've read the whole of ANXM #5, you'd know that she knows everything present day Beast knows. Including Logan's real name.

#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

....what happened to Beast?

#21 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm okay with hating on present day Cyke, but leave the youngster alone.

#22 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024:

We don't know, Dr. House says he has lupus, but that's just House for "You're a hypocrit".

It's actually another mutation in his genome, one that was killing him.

#23 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like.... I don't even know what he looks like...

#24 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

He looks like.... I don't even know what he looks like...

An aging gorilla that's been beaten with a lit torch.

#25 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@RawrImADragon said:

@gotwillpower said:

no shes 16

Don't worry Bendis will forget and make her 21.

As for Cyclops getting hammered on, I hold out until the end of the arc to see if it's just a writer's assault on a character he doesn't like or a actual plot point.

I guess I'll do the same before getting too upset over Scott's treatment. But honestly, if this is how Bendis wants to treat Scott, then I fear for what he might put him through in Uncanny X-Men. If this is any indication, then the bad times are just beginning.

@TheCrowbar:

Yeah, the only problem I had with the swearing was wondering whether that was out of character or not. I don't have much experience reading about Jean Grey, I jumped in during "Schism" (yes I know I'm a little late to the X-Party). I guess it could just be that she's a little shook up over everything, which would be understandable, but still, meh... I don't know.

#26 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking a gorilla with cancer, but yes.

#27 Posted by God_Spawn (37584 posts) - - Show Bio

Breaking out of prison, killing Xavier, being considered a terrorist to many with all of these being a central and obviously stressed point in the book....no. I doubt Bendis is just on a tirade to destroy Cyclops' practically nonexistent golden boy reputation nowadays.

Moderator Online
#28 Posted by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Breaking out of prison, killing Xavier, being considered a terrorist to many with all of these being a central and obviously stressed point in the book....no. I doubt Bendis is just on a tirade to destroy Cyclops' practically nonexistent golden boy reputation nowadays.

Yeah exactly, Cyclops' rep has been shitty for years really. Too many have died and too much damage has been caused for a ton of characters to NOT be pissed. Personally I've thought of Cyke as a villain for years.

He's only a hero by association imo, if he wasn't in the X-men he would've been killed by now. Young Cyke is gonna have to deal with the colossal disasters of his future self. It'd be unrealistic if everyone treated him normally knowing what he'll accomplish.

#29 Posted by SUNMAN (7221 posts) - - Show Bio

ugh.................. man do I miss the 90's X-men

#30 Edited by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that didn't take long.

What happened to the fans that were all gung-ho and happy with all the X crossing of the arms and "Cyclops was right" memes and avatars?

Scott is a good guy. Always was and he will be. Having Jean storm away from him -- upset -- is kind of...weird. Just plain weird. If Jean is sixteen here, then she's way too young for anyone to be giving any attention to. And yet, they are portraying her like she's the leader? At the time that she was sporting that outfit, Scott was constantly catching and pulling her out of harm's way. I'm not saying I want that Jean back but come on now -- you've already tampered with her power-set, now you're going to pick up from where Morrison left her when she was the head of Xavier's Institute? She's a kid. A really innocent, naive one.

I am not reading into this. Who's to say she's angry at young Scott? And even if she is -- she's going to annoy me. I don't want another sulky Hope character (no offense to the Hope fan's out there but seriously, it's what the character devolved into). Besides, Bendis likes having weird dialogue from his female characters. They almost always mean nothing.

I was about to put out a theory, but I squashed it. No speculation from me. -_-

#31 Posted by Rickbarry (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

We can remember his classy nature.

#32 Edited by time (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

@time said:

Marvel treated Jean, Charles, storm, magneto, bishop, beast, Emma and even Wolverine poorly and why did they do this, they did this to push Cyclops character further. He been the only character that's benefited from there misfortunes. If he is written poorly, good, karma people.

No, not at all.

They have been treated badly.

Jean Grey 616 version was killed off, why was she killed off, cause writers wanted to focus on Emma and Scott. Then marvel drag her name through the mud, ever since she was gone and now we only have young Jean grey to look forward to.

Charles was kick out of the X-Men, made irrelevant and then killed by Cyclops. Why did they treat Charles this way, to improve Cyclops character, to push his character further. Cyclops wouldn't of been leader of X-Men or the mutant race, if marvel didn't ruined Charles character.

Magneto has been Cyclops little lap- dog ever since he join the X-Men, which was about three years ago. How did he join, kneeling down and hailing Cyclops as Caesar. If that's not bad writing, I don't know what is. As of the late, he actually been written well, after three years of bad treatment.

Emma Frost has live in Cyclops shadows for four years now, the last time she was written well was Joss Whedon series, which was three years ago.

Cyclops let Beast get torture in Utopia and he didn't really feel bad about it. So Beast leaves the X-Men and is turn into some of hypocrite by the writers. There is a lot of hate for Beast from the fans from what I have seen.

Storm marries Black Panther, then is made irrelavent for fours years, having not voice in the X-Men. Only with last 2 years, it look like she has voice.

Wolverine became headmaster of a school, talk about bad writing and then he betray his own kind in Avengers vs X-Men event. In fact Cyclops was portray much better, than Wolverine in that event. So far it looks like there roles in the X-Men have been reversed, Cyclops has been turn into a major bad ass and Wolverine been turn into a good guy. What was that rubbish about role model. Wolverine looking up to Cyclops, yeah that makes sense.

Then there Bishop, who betray the X-Men, bad writing at it's best. Then Cyclop told Emma to torture him.

All these characters have suffered one or another and they all suffered so marvel could push Cyclops character further.

Cyclops has benefited from there misfortunes.

If he is written poorly, good. He deserve it. Karma.

@TheCrowbar:

Why is Jean Grey angry in this picture above ?

#33 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Chuckled my way through issue 4, made the decision to drop the title from that point on.

What a sh*tty joke. Lol.

#34 Posted by Veitha (2964 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thinks that Wolverine is a Jerk?

#35 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the artist should try drawing Scott without the 'head condom' on. It would humanize him a lot more if he just wore those red shades in his civilian outfit and make him look less like a wanker. I mean, they say that eye-contact is one of the most important points of communication; shouldn't we at least look at his sun-glasses?

Ditch the head-condom, and he might appear more likeable. Though, that's just his appearance, not his personality.

#36 Posted by spetsnaz_gru (235 posts) - - Show Bio

cykes got the occasional bendis buttf*ck. sentry was his predecessor. soon we'll see cykes die as well.

#37 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@x_29 said:

@time said:

No, not at all.

They have been treated badly.

Jean Grey 616 version was killed off, why was she killed off, cause writers wanted to focus on Emma and Scott. Then marvel drag her name through the mud, ever since she was gone and now we only have young Jean grey to look forward to.

Charles was kick out of the X-Men, made irrelevant and then killed by Cyclops. Why did they treat Charles this way, to improve Cyclops character, to push his character further. Cyclops wouldn't of been leader of X-Men or the mutant race, if marvel didn't ruined Charles character.

Magneto has been Cyclops little lap- dog ever since he join the X-Men, which was about three years ago. How did he join, kneeling down and hailing Cyclops as Caesar. If that's not bad writing, I don't know what is. As of the late, he actually been written well, after three years of bad treatment.

Emma Frost has live in Cyclops shadows for four years now, the last time she was written well was Joss Whedon series, which was three years ago.

Cyclops let Beast get torture in Utopia and he didn't really feel bad about it. So Beast leaves the X-Men and is turn into some of hypocrite by the writers. There is a lot of hate for Beast from the fans from what I have seen.

Storm marries Black Panther, then is made irrelavent for fours years, having not voice in the X-Men. Only with last 2 years, it look like she has voice.

Wolverine became headmaster of a school, talk about bad writing and then he betray his own kind in Avengers vs X-Men event. In fact Cyclops was portray much better, than Wolverine in that event. So far it looks like there roles in the X-Men have been reversed, Cyclops has been turn into a major bad ass and Wolverine been turn into a good guy. What was that rubbish about role model. Wolverine looking up to Cyclops, yeah that makes sense.

Then there Bishop, who betray the X-Men, bad writing at it's best. Then Cyclop told Emma to torture him.

All these characters have suffered one or another and they all suffered so marvel could push Cyclops character further.

Cyclops has benefited from there misfortunes.

If he is written poorly, good. He deserve it. Karma.

@TheCrowbar:

Why is Jean Grey angry in this picture above ?

1. Magneto's allegiance to Cyclops was not an action to improve Cykes character but more of an reaction to his character. Magneto saw that Scott was becoming more like him and saw his legacy doing a good job at protecting mutant kind. And with there only 198 mutants left on the earth and most living on Utopia, you can see why Magneto acted like the way he did. Also, how the hell is Magneto written well now with everything you just said? He is still taking orders from Cyclops. So technically would that not still make Magneto "Scotts lap-dog"?
  2. Jean Grey sucks.
  3. Storm marrying the Black Panther improved the character of Cyclops how? Storm being irrelevant from the x-men is more of Marvels fault for wanting its two popular African American characters to marry each other.
  4. So Cyclops telling Emma to torture bishop is called an improvement to his character? Also Bishop betraying the x-men had nothing to do with Cyke. He betrayed the x-men because he believed Hope would cause the demise of the mutant race. That is more of Marvels fault with their decision on what direction to take Bishop as a character more than a benefit to Scott.
  5. Saying that Cyclops was portrayed much better than Wolverine( which he freaking was not) in AVX is like saying that getting cancer is better than having H.I.V- its still awful. Also, Cyclops has been a badass before AVX: Joss Whedons take on Cyclops throughout his entire run showed him nothing but a major badass, then his leadership in Second Coming pretty much solidify that he is a great leader for the x-men. While Wolverine being headmaster at a school is out of character for him, him siding with the Avengers in AVX was more of Marvel ( mostly Bends) trying to make Wolverine more of an avenger than an x-men than to, once again, benefit cyclops as a character.
  6. Joss Whedon's astonishing run was four and a half years ago, not three.
  7. The franchise had grown out of Xavier and after being deceived many times by Xavier, it was about time Cyke kicked Xavier out of the x-men, he kinda deserved it. The fact that he was made irrelevant and eventually killed off was more of writers not knowing what the hell to do with him or make him relevant.
#38 Posted by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar:

So Scandalous~!!

#39 Posted by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea what Bendis is trying to do with this series and its characters. He's basically enforced a canon that Scott is evil, without him actually doing anything evil.

People keep citing AVX for justification of why everyone hates him so much now, but even in this he had the Phoenix forced onto him by Iron Man's incompetence (for which Stark is never blamed or held accountable), is by far the most peaceful and nonlethal of the five (though the others are not treated with anywhere near as much contempt) and only killed Xavier while he was being attacked by Xavier, the X-Men and the Avengers (several of whom openly admit that they are trying to kill him, which would make this self-defense). Doesn't help matters that AVX ends with Scott being...proved entirely correct about Hope, though no one ever seems to acknowledge this either? And in Consequences, Scott seemed to happy to die to serve the higher purpose of becoming a martyr for mutant rights, but changes his mind when he sees that mutants are basically being herded into prisons to die (while the X-Men do nothing), and so breaks out to enact a super evil plan of...finding new mutants and helping them, while also giving them the option to leave whenever they want? Yeah, what a villain...

And yet, he is consistently regarded as the biggest villain around by the X-Men. The heroes include Hank (who has risked destroying the universe through time-travel shenanigans in order to save his own life and punish Scott), Wolverine (who wants to kill an innocent, child Scott because he seriously thinks this will make Xavier reappear and have no other consequences) and now Jean (who has seen that she becomes the Phoenix and kills billions, but is pissy at Scott for becoming the Phoenix and killing one guy). Is Bendis doing all this intentionally, or is he just very, very bad at writing these characters?

#40 Posted by Dernman (14900 posts) - - Show Bio
@knighthood said:

I'm okay with hating on present day Cyke, but leave the youngster alone.

#41 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3518 posts) - - Show Bio

@gridde said:

I have no idea what Bendis is trying to do with this series and its characters. He's basically enforced a canon that Scott is evil, without him actually doing anything evil.

People keep citing AVX for justification of why everyone hates him so much now, but even in this he had the Phoenix forced onto him by Iron Man's incompetence (for which Stark is never blamed or held accountable), is by far the most peaceful and nonlethal of the five (though the others are not treated with anywhere near as much contempt) and only killed Xavier while he was being attacked by Xavier, the X-Men and the Avengers (several of whom openly admit that they are trying to kill him, which would make this self-defense). Doesn't help matters that AVX ends with Scott being...proved entirely correct about Hope, though no one ever seems to acknowledge this either? And in Consequences, Scott seemed to happy to die to serve the higher purpose of becoming a martyr for mutant rights, but changes his mind when he sees that mutants are basically being herded into prisons to die (while the X-Men do nothing), and so breaks out to enact a super evil plan of...finding new mutants and helping them, while also giving them the option to leave whenever they want? Yeah, what a villain...

And yet, he is consistently regarded as the biggest villain around by the X-Men. The heroes include Hank (who has risked destroying the universe through time-travel shenanigans in order to save his own life and punish Scott), Wolverine (who wants to kill an innocent, child Scott because he seriously thinks this will make Xavier reappear and have no other consequences) and now Jean (who has seen that she becomes the Phoenix and kills billions, but is pissy at Scott for becoming the Phoenix and killing one guy). Is Bendis doing all this intentionally, or is he just very, very bad at writing these characters?

I think he is very bad at writing Marvel characters in general. He has written many good stories and has earned quite a few awards, so I don't want to act as if he has no talent. Unfortunately, I don't think he is good at writing heroic characters who have noble intentions - for some reason, Bendis tends to default into making characters act moronically and mean for no reason. He's just too fond of demonizing good characters in order to tell his stories and has never shown an ability to create story lines or character interactions that build on what's come before.

It's somewhat unfortunate, but Bendis' X-Men bores me and I've basically dropped every book except X-Factor - I had the same issue with "Avengers Diassembled". It was a boring series for me, and I stopped reading the subsequent stories. "AvX" was boring, and I just had to resign myself to the fact that I'm not the target audience.

#42 Edited by Dernman (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really a fan of Bendis but he has brought me more interest in the X-Universe then I've had in a long time. He took a really dumb concept and made it interesting. I'm sure I won't like some things in the future but I'm liking the majority now.

#43 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I really the only one who thinks that Bendis isn't turning Cyclops into a bad guy?

I get the Bendis hate but everything he has done in this series so far is making the reader sympathize with Cyke while everyone else look like a bunch of hypocrites (especially Logan and Beast). Granted, that's not great either but he's bound to know that the reader is gonna root for Cyke (both of them) so it's a little too soon to judge him. Let's not forget that he can write good mainstream stories: it's rare, but it sometimes happens!

#44 Edited by Teerack (5741 posts) - - Show Bio

What i got form this thread.

Oh god Beast's face!

Although he has normal hands again so that's nice.

#45 Posted by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

Am I really the only one who thinks that Bendis isn't turning Cyclops into a bad guy?

I get the Bendis hate but everything he has done in this series so far is making the reader sympathize with Cyke while everyone else look like a bunch of hypocrites (especially Logan and Beast). Granted, that's not great either but he's bound to know that the reader is gonna root for Cyke (both of them) so it's a little too soon to judge him. Let's not forget that he can write good mainstream stories: it's rare, but it sometimes happens!

Mm, this is a good point. Some of the 'good guys' are acting like such ass-hats, it's hard to believe that Bendis isn't trying to get us on Scott's side. If All New X-Men #5 was the only comic you'd read in the last few years, you'd be very hard-pressed to think of Wolverine as a protagonist and Cyclops as a villain.

Conversely, with full knowledge of all the characters' backstories up to this point, #5 should still not sit well with most people, purely because it seems like absolutely everyone is ignoring past events entirely, including the blood on the hands of characters like Jean, Angel and Wolverine, while calling for Scott's head when his crimes are (in comparison) practically non-existent. Bendis himself doesn't seem to be aware, since absolutely no mention is ever made of some pretty relevant stuff from the histories of other characters.

Until at least one character acknowledges the hypocrisy of defaming past-Scott (for killing Xavier while possessed by the Phoenix in the present) while treating past-Jean (who killed billions while also possessed by the Phoenix) like an innocent old friend...it can't really be said that Bendis is writing Scott sympathetically.

#46 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: Actually Wolvie was always SUPPOSED to be the jerk, cyclops was the "straight-man" that foiled him in the early issues of uncanny.

@gridde: For my money the evil that Bendis is writing to is the fact that Cyclops has been out of his character too long. It has stunted his character development honestly, in fact Bendis makes several notes on how like magneto he is now and how truly broken he has become. Every bad decision he has made as a "hard" leader contributed to more to Cyke-neto and less of who Cyclops really is by writing this way. From Morrison to Fraction (with Whedon as an exception) it has been a character war of attrition whittling away at Cyke's core until he is not even remotely the same character. I'm just glad they had the common decency to kill Kurt before making him a date rapist or something, lol.

#49 Edited by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@gridde said:

Conversely, with full knowledge of all the characters' backstories up to this point, #5 should still not sit well with most people, purely because it seems like absolutely everyone is ignoring past events entirely, including the blood on the hands of characters like Jean, Angel and Wolverine, while calling for Scott's head when his crimes are (in comparison) practically non-existent. Bendis himself doesn't seem to be aware, since absolutely no mention is ever made of some pretty relevant stuff from the histories of other characters.

Until at least one character acknowledges the hypocrisy of defaming past-Scott (for killing Xavier while possessed by the Phoenix in the present) while treating past-Jean (who killed billions while also possessed by the Phoenix) like an innocent old friend...it can't really be said that Bendis is writing Scott sympathetically.

Fair enough. I'm kinda optimistic though, I think it could have been much worse and I really hope Bendis won't screw it up.

@chasereis said:

I'm just glad they had the common decency to kill Kurt before making him a date rapist or something, lol.

I'm pretty sure Kirkman made it happen... in Ultimate X-Men Annual #2.

#50 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger:

True. The two of you have been pretty consistent. I just have a hard time how everyone seems to be so quick to create a good guy/bad guy scenario when honestly --- the characters being discussed are all extremely close shades of grey. Re-hashing it is frustrating because clearly Bendis doesn't care about history. But to say he's going to make Scott a really bad guy?

Impossible. I have made my distaste for this writer pretty clear, but even I have to draw the line here. Cyclops will be redeemed. He will be the stoic, selfless and thoughtful, pragmatic leader of the X-Men again.

As for young Jean taking it out on young Scott for what transpired in this future? Please. I will retain the memory of Jean Grey written by previous writers, for the character's sake. If she is aware of everything that has transpired, than she must also be aware of everything she did as well --- from the Phoenix, to playing with Wolverine to what she did to Emma which was cruel. I would prefer that last panel to be translated into Jean actually being upset with herself, rather than Scott and that she feels its all her fault this future has come to be. That Scott shouldn't care for her at all. Maybe?

Anything else is going to really, really p*ss me off.

I am not the biggest Cyclops supporter, especially since Schism, but he's still up there among my favourites (that I love to poke fun at). And Wolverine's depiction is just as awful (as is Beast's). It's a train wreck. Switching up personalities isn't going to cut it and so far, the only character I have any real interest in is Angel. And Bobby. How can not like Bobby?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.