Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Schism and posterior series: Should I pick up them?

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedOwl_1

Here where I livec comic industry isn't that big to hold huge events and multiple series so I see this:

Schism was released inmediatly in a Hardcover and are planning to launch Wolverine and the X-Men AND Uncanny X-Men together, you buy one and got the other inside.

Should I pick up them? Is Schism necessary to understand what's going on or I should buy it for the good it is? Or it isn't good AT ALL?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Billy Batson

It isn't good and you don't need to read it.
    BB

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CATPANEXE

1. It isn't necessary to read to understand what's going. The only things that occur within Schism are what you've already heard here, which is Wolverine and Cyclops get in fight (and takes issues to even get to that). The meat of what's going on now actually is shown happens in the books that occur after, and obviously they recap what happened in Schism (which again wasn't detailed nor a lot to cover).

2. The whole thing reads like space filler. In fact I would go as far as to say the whole thing is space filler, and they had to much time to kill before Regenesis so they stretched out a lot of nothing longer than it should have been to compensate. The quality of the story isn't very good either.

3. Personally I say pass. Think of it more or less like some side mini series that came out to highlight a ton of dialogue and a quick fight, and not essential to the actual timeline. They could have easily done this whole thing in one issue of Uncanny.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By John Valentine

Don't read Schism.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By papad1992

Don't read Schism because it will cause u to commit a Schism!!

(*ewww... that sounds nasty!!!*)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.