Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Scarlet Witch's powers now?

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So how powerful Scarlet Witch is now? Could she beat Phoenix, Galactus or Thanos? Or if not, who then? Because I hear someone's say that she is now omnipotent realitywarper.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch has the potential to be on the level of those opponents, and the abilities to do it. But she doesn't have the raw power to make it happen. She can do things like teleport an entire race off the planet, but needs someone else to provide the energy necessary to do it.....so she's potentially an omnipotent reality warper in terms of what her powers do, she just needs enough power available to do it.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: @glarinetta:

It was because the scarlet witch had a thing called the life force that made her all powerfull to no more mutants. then children crusade happened and she got the life force out of her so she cant do another house of m realilty

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yea but part of how the mutants came back was because of her channeling Hopes' Phoenix power, and then in Uncanny Avengers she used Wonderman to teleport all of the mutants on the planet....so it seems like if she's given a large enough power source she can do whatever she wants.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yea but part of how the mutants came back was because of her channeling Hopes' Phoenix power, and then in Uncanny Avengers she used Wonderman to teleport all of the mutants on the planet....so it seems like if she's given a large enough power source she can do whatever she wants.

really??? Then what the heck, no wonder they killed her in Uncanny Avengers. she falls victum to the if ur too powerful u must die

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Yea but part of how the mutants came back was because of her channeling Hopes' Phoenix power

All Witch did was to convince Hope do get rid of the Phoenix, and that shatters (or whatever) of PF revived the X-gene. It has nothing to do with Wanda or her powers the way I've read it, or sb can prove me wrong?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Koays

@adamtrmm: I read it as the two working together to use up the Phoenix to restart the X-Gene...i mean why would turning down the phoenix revive the race, it was shattered twice since M-Day.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adamTRMM

@koays said:

I read it as the two working together to use up the Phoenix to restart the X-Gene...i mean why would turning down the phoenix revive the race, it was shattered twice since M-Day.

Lol the writers just wanted Wanda to be a part of it to redeem her in our eyes, but I really don't get the connection to her. It was stated PF was coming to revive the gene, how does it make Wanda involved in this happening anyway?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@koays said:

I read it as the two working together to use up the Phoenix to restart the X-Gene...i mean why would turning down the phoenix revive the race, it was shattered twice since M-Day.

Lol the writers just wanted Wanda to be a part of it to redeem her in our eyes, but I really don't get the connection to her. It was stated PF was coming to revive the gene, how does it make Wanda involved in this happening anyway?

Lol, she really did come completely outta left field. It was like 4 years of foreshadowing and not a single mention was made of her and then she all of a sudden new why Hope had to have the Phoenix. I'm all AvX'd out at this point.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@adamtrmm said:

@koays said:

Lol, she really did come completely outta left field. It was like 4 years of foreshadowing and not a single mention was made of her and then she all of a sudden new why Hope had to have the Phoenix. I'm all AvX'd out at this point.

Wanda's hex magic was the only thing that could hurt the phoenix

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Another thing that came from left field...though it probably explains why with her help Hope manipulated the phoenix in a way never before seen.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

wasnt it hope chaneeling the scarlett witch's (hex)power to beat the phoenix out of scott??? plus hope was an omega mutant. also scarlett witch was using her power on scott too.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Another thing that came from left field...though it probably explains why with her help Hope manipulated the phoenix in a way never before seen.

Tell me you're sarcastic, tell me you're taking this bull for serious :(

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Koays

@adamtrmm said:

@koays said:

Dude this is a storyline where the Cosmic Embodiment of Rebirth merged with 5 People and gave Cyclops(who it use to date) a thong....i'm just trying to pull things together because the reality of the situation scares me.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Well, I prefer to discard SW interference (powerwise) until stated otherwise. Dam, this event was so stupid anyway, why haven't P5 themselves reignited the X-gene? I guess they forgot... they forgot the reason they started the fight from the beginning. It isn't even funny.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Lol it wasn't addressed, so i assumed they just couldn't do it....

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Why? They had the Phoenix -_-

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Not anymore.Iron Fist energy from K'un-Lun can hurt Phoenix like Iron First hurt PF Cyclops But Hexes can only hurt a weaker Phoenix, if Phoenix grows and becomes stronger, the hexes becomes less powerful.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Alot of people have had the phoenix since the decimation, and none of them did it....that's why i think Wanda had a part in it. I mean its still stupid, Hope is connected to this cosmic force so strong that she can sense it from billions of miles away. Her birth was predicted and she was deemed a Messiah!....when really she was just destined to be a battery for the SW.

Either that or just the nature of Hopes regular mutant powers (stabilizing other mutants powers) was just enhanced by the PF so only she could do it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Well a lot of people had Phoenix BEFORE editors decided to green-light "rebirth" ;) Let's just stop at not finding logic in this debate, because we really won't. Shutting down a gene with three words? Changing a damn biological principles with magic and spells? And these genius ideas an X-fan has to face on a daily basis.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Lol AvX just makes X-fans hate eachother...when we should all just hate the Avengers....I mean you don't see their fans arguing the moral case for their decisions or trying to decide whether something counts as genocide and if it should be reversed...I continue to think we're the hardest working fans on this site

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix had the power, Scarlet Witch actually knew how to use it.

If I had any influence on the creative team, I'd have made the effect something of a universal cancer, and the other worlds the Phoenix ate were part of the effected tissue.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@koays: surely I can't be the only X-men fan who's also an Avengers fan :o

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Lol, I'll meet you half way and say I like Uncanny Avengers....but otherwise they need to stay on their side of the fence.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I like both the X men and the Avengers, with a slight favoritism for the mutants. But I do agree with you , they should stay in their own comics for the most part . When this is done right, the moments when they have a good guest appearance or a crossover with one-another are more memorable, I want to see a well written ,one on one fight between Wolverine/Cap and Cyclops/Iron Man.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tbemrmccoy: To me the Avengers have very little story appeal so i admit i'm biased. That said, they need to be separate because they tend to hurt each other story wise. The Avengers seemingly have either the potential or connections to make the world a Utopia while the X-Men's best stories tend to come from how imperfect the world really is. I'm not saying there isn't a place for a cameo in a more superheroics based story arc, but the X-Men are more then just super heroes. Having Tony Stark or even Reed Richards in their phonebook doesn't always contribute the best to their stories.

In short..... build a fence.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@tbemrmccoy: To me the Avengers have very little story appeal so i admit i'm biased. That said, they need to be separate because they tend to hurt each other story wise. The Avengers seemingly have either the potential or connections to make the world a Utopia while the X-Men's best stories tend to come from how imperfect the world really is. I'm not saying there isn't a place for a cameo in a more superheroics based story arc, but the X-Men are more then just super heroes. Having Tony Stark or even Reed Richards in their phonebook doesn't always contribute the best to their stories.

I do like a good superhero guest star, but I do agree it can be overdone. Something like calling Stark or Richards instead of just letting Beast be the science guy, or Kitty, or M, or even Broo, just makes those characters seem a little more pointless by comparison. Maybe not so much with Dr.Strange, since there isn't always a magic X-man around, but like you say, the stories that feel the most like what the X-men do don't involve much call for that anyway.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I agree with this statement 100%. There are already so many mutant characters that are underutilized, I would like to see more of them. Exodus, Black Tom, Marrow, X-23, Magik,Chamber etc. the list goes on and on.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Theres a place for Dr Strange yea. But if there's a new sentinel that uses advanced computer programs I wanna see them struggle to out think it. Not call Tony Stark. Because it just sort of begs why you don't ask them for help again when a similar issue comes up. Its just seems to me the X-Men would benefit more by focusing on "The X-Men" and not on the "The X-Men...as relates to the rest of the Marvel Universe". Which is hard to do consider the Avengers basically are the entire Marvel Universe at this point.

@tbemrmccoy: I'm with that, but personally i'd even prefer some character to just be in the background at least. I'd love to have the New Mutants teaching at the school even if we never really saw it. It sort of keeps the "family" tone that is often talked about in reference to the X-Books.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@oldnightcrawler: Theres a place for Dr Strange yea. But if there's a new sentinel that uses advanced computer programs I wanna see them struggle to out think it. Not call Tony Stark. Because it just sort of begs why you don't ask them for help again when a similar issue comes up. Its just seems to me the X-Men would benefit more by focusing on "The X-Men" and not on the "The X-Men...as relates to the rest of the Marvel Universe". Which is hard to do consider the Avengers basically are the entire Marvel Universe at this point.

I agree in general, but it should depend on the story. It makes sense that Cyclops' outlaw X-men would interact more with stuff outside the general realm of X-men, because their wanted fugitives in a world of superheroes, and outsiders even to the other X-men. It makes sense to explore that in a different way.

I don't really think of it like every hero in the MU is an Avenger by default, but I do think of it like the Avengers are sort of supposed to be at the center of the MU; they're where all of the disparate corners of the MU should intersect, including the X-men's part of it. X-men on or showing up in Avengers stories makes more sense on that level than Avengers being in X-men, which is why I see Uncanny Avengers as no more of an X-men book than Avengers was when QS and SW were half the team.

Basically, X-men don't need the Avengers because they have so much of their own thing, but I don't think any characters should be off-limits for an Avengers story, because that kind of is their thing.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

All of this points to how bad the writing has been. From House of M and three magical words altering biology as someone mentioned to bow AVX just ran out steam and was utterly stupid for its neglect of the obvious potential story. While I like both Xmen and Avengers they should stay in their own corners. In fact I even want them in seperate universes now. Im tired of the hero vs hero theme thats been rampant since Civil War. Because of the stupidity in the stories I now lean toward a complete reboot and the xmen being in their own seperate universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@koays said:

@adamtrmm said:

@koays said:

Dude this is a storyline where the Cosmic Embodiment of Rebirth merged with 5 People and gave Cyclops(who it use to date) a thong....i'm just trying to pull things together because the reality of the situation scares me.

Oh my God, thank you so much for the laugh.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Koays

I agree in general, but it should depend on the story. It makes sense that Cyclops' outlaw X-men would interact more with stuff outside the general realm of X-men, because their wanted fugitives in a world of superheroes, and outsiders even to the other X-men. It makes sense to explore that in a different way.

I don't really think of it like every hero in the MU is an Avenger by default, but I do think of it like the Avengers are sort of supposed to be at the center of the MU; they're where all of the disparate corners of the MU should intersect, including the X-men's part of it. X-men on or showing up in Avengers stories makes more sense on that level than Avengers being in X-men, which is why I see Uncanny Avengers as no more of an X-men book than Avengers was when QS and SW were half the team.

Basically, X-men don't need the Avengers because they have so much of their own thing, but I don't think any characters should be off-limits for an Avengers story, because that kind of is their thing.

On a one-to-one basis, sure. There are some stories (like Uncanny X-Men) that can be better or more interesting by having the Avengers or other outside the X-bubble influences involved. But i feel the stories should stay in their own lane, if for know other reason then keeping the brands from overlapping to closely.

If the Avengers are the hub of the Marvel Universe that's fine. Different aspects, characters and stories from the MU can interact there. But it should always have either that feel of a blend, or the unique Avengers feel. I'd prefer Cannonball not be an Avenger, but I know he's representing the X-Men in the Marvel blend that is the Avengers. But books like Uncanny Avengers push the concept very far as their blend is 70% X-men.

I don't disagree that X-Men shouldn't be off limits to Avengers, but to me it's like Batman and the Justice League. There's no reason that the Justice League can't fight Batman villains, follow Batman plots, and interact with/use Batman characters....it's just what's Batman going to do in his 4 books now? There just needs to be a bit more division between them to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@koays: surely I can't be the only X-men fan who's also an Avengers fan :o

No Caption Provided

(raises her hand)

I am more X-Men than Avengers but I'm with you. It's a tough thing to be (or was) with the AvX crappola.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pizzaman

Her power now is the ability to avoid a very thorough psychiatric session.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I'm in agreement for that Alternate Universe idea. If only to avoid the yearly Marvel company crossover that shakes everything up...i mean we'd still have to deal with the yearly X-Men crossover that shakes everything up, but at least its more room to breathe.

@hislolita - Lol It's sad, but i was so serious.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By darthphoenix

very true. i think she doesnt want anyone on earth to rival the power that she once had. haha

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

If the Avengers are the hub of the Marvel Universe that's fine. Different aspects, characters and stories from the MU can interact there. But it should always have either that feel of a blend, or the unique Avengers feel. I'd prefer Cannonball not be an Avenger, but I know he's representing the X-Men in the Marvel blend that is the Avengers. But books like Uncanny Avengers push the concept very far as their blend is 70% X-men.

I don't disagree that X-Men shouldn't be off limits to Avengers, but to me it's like Batman and the Justice League. There's no reason that the Justice League can't fight Batman villains, follow Batman plots, and interact with/use Batman characters....it's just what's Batman going to do in his 4 books now? There just needs to be a bit more division between them to me.

well, the difference being that there's enough characters from X-men that you can fill 4 or 5 X-men books with completely different casts and still have great characters left over who could be in other books. But I see what you mean.

I also am not crazy about Cannonball being an Avenger, but that has as much to do with not liking Hickman's Avengers as anything. In the grand scheme of things, to me, Cannonball is a New Mutants character, and in the context of which of the New Mutants would be on the Avengers, his and Sunspot's inclusion makes sense; and that they've been Avengers, or that Moonstar's been a Defender and a Valkyre, those things all keep what are the New Mutants characters having unique, distinct perspectives between them. If/when the original New Mutants get back together, their dynamic will have kept evolving because they weren't all just X-men the whole time, but each had their own adventures. To me that approach to character and team dynamics is interesting.

To me, Uncanny Avengers is more like 30% X-men at best. Scarlet Witch and Sunfire were never really X-men themselves, so it's really only Wolverine, Rogue, and Havok who are really coming from there, and both Wolverine and Havok have been on lots of teams besides the X-men that they can be representing here as well. I actually really like that there are characters who bridge the gaps between the two worlds, like the arrangement that Havok and Quicksilver have at the moment, or how Beast can be a supporting cast member of any team and it still makes sense. I'm not saying any X-character should be a longtime Avenger necessarily, but I like how they give each other some context.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Koays

@koays said:

well, the difference being that there's enough characters from X-men that you can fill 4 or 5 X-men books with completely different casts and still have great characters left over who could be in other books. But I see what you mean.

I also am not crazy about Cannonball being an Avenger, but that has as much to do with not liking Hickman's Avengers as anything. In the grand scheme of things, to me, Cannonball is a New Mutants character, and in the context of which of the New Mutants would be on the Avengers, his and Sunspot's inclusion makes sense; and that they've been Avengers, or that Moonstar's been a Defender and a Valkyre, those things all keep what are the New Mutants characters having unique, distinct perspectives between them. If/when the original New Mutants get back together, their dynamic will have kept evolving because they weren't all just X-men the whole time, but each had their own adventures. To me that approach to character and team dynamics is interesting.

To me, Uncanny Avengers is more like 30% X-men at best. Scarlet Witch and Sunfire were never really X-men themselves, so it's really only Wolverine, Rogue, and Havok who are really coming from there, and both Wolverine and Havok have been on lots of teams besides the X-men that they can be representing here as well. I actually really like that there are characters who bridge the gaps between the two worlds, like the arrangement that Havok and Quicksilver have at the moment, or how Beast can be a supporting cast member of any team and it still makes sense. I'm not saying any X-character should be a longtime Avenger necessarily, but I like how they give each other some context.

I say 70% because the premise and villains are all continuing from a X-Men title and Kang and Thor are only being weaved in around it.

While i'll support the New Mutants growth and spread as characters, do to how natural it is for a group of people who grew up in a world of superheroes to intermingle an interact with other heroes, i prefer characters to give more back to their own portion of the universe then to join the larger MU. Partially because i'm a selfish fan, partially because i don't want them to lose the connection to their roots...but mostly because it makes the X-Men seem bigger when you realize they have 3 Generations of Mutant kids that have grown up and are contributing to the X-Men mythos. And to me a bigger X-Men mythos does more for the intricacies of the Universe as a whole then taking a character from the books.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman said:

True.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pizzaman

@pizzaman said:

True.

Yeah if they weren't going to hold her accountable for going after the power that made her crazy then they at least need to have her head examined.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.