Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Scarlet Witch's Powers (esp. in X-Men Evolution)

raphaelgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In Evo she is seen to use her probability manipulation powers to act like Jean's/Magneto's powers where they turn things around.

E.g when Spyke shoots his bones at her, she hexes them to turn to him. How in the world does she do that? There's 0% chance for probability to completely reverse the motion of the projectiles; does it not defy the laws of physics? She's so powerful in that series, she can practically do what she can think of! It's as if she has reality manipulating powers but I remember someone in the cartoon saying she "hexes" aka manipulate probability

What other instances can her hexes create?

I have:

1) Randomly combust things into flames

2) Generally cause unlikely events to happen; e.g tripping

3) Reverse projectiles (wtf!)

4) Shut down someone's powers (wtfx2!)

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, they probably just went with the powers the original version has, and I guess it was probably easier to say that she used "hexes" and manipulated probabilities instead of reality warping. Anyways, she was intended to be extremely powerful, and since reality warping is actually part of her canon power set, I don't really find a problem with it.

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why don't we just say that Scarlet witches mutant power is to do whatever she wants... because that sums it up really. Plus she can do what she wants and get away with it. If you know what I am sayin...

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Veitha

She doesn't just change probabilities, she creates new ones making impossible things become possible(as for the projectiles she may have created some gravitational singularity using her hexes that reverted their moviment). Her powers are very similar to the ones of Arcanna of the Supreme Squadron, but Arcanna's powers were better explained. She says that there are infinity possibilities and futures and she can bring them in our present timeline. For example while she was fighting some enemies there was a possibility that they weren't shotting at her but throwing flowers at her and she changed the probabilities so that their guns shot some flowers at her(or something like this at least). I think that Scarlet's powers act like this, she brings other possible futures or events to our timeline changing probabilities and making impossible things possible

raphaelgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By raphaelgo

That's crazy!

Also, I never also understood how Bobby moves while making his ice slides... it's as if his ice slides are moving ramps which even moves him UP while he just stands there creating ice!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.