Scariest scene in any X-Men comic?

• 98 results
#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

What was the scariest scene that you have read in any X-Men comic? This includes X-Men comics from Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, X-Men and many more. Here are two scenes that stood out the most to me:

1) Jean Grey destroying the planets in the "Dark Phoenix Saga."

This was technically not a scary scene, but it was a scene that stood out to me for a long time as we see Jean Grey destroying planets when she becomes the Dark Phoenix in the "Dark Phoenix Saga." This was a pretty intense scene since the idea about destroying other planets is a frightening thought and having a super mutant destroying planets out of nowhere can be really intense to look at.

2) Kitty threatening to phase an axe through Colossus's head in "Astonishing X-Men"

If you had read Joss Whedon's run on "Astonishing X-Men" the "Torn" arc, then you'll definitely remember the scene where Kitty is affected by Emma Frost's hallucinations and there is this one nightmare sequence that Kitty has where she threatens to phase an axe through her lover, Colossus' head after Colossus let the X-Men take her baby son away from her. This scene was truly creepy and dark as you're wondering to yourself about what Kitty is capable of doing. Not to mention, she is threatening to phase an axe through her boyfriend's head! Now, that's dark! This scene is probably the scariest scene I have seen in Joss Whedon's run of "Astonishing X-Men" since everything felt so real and Kitty can be really scary when she's mad (at least in this dream sequence).

Those are my two scenes so far, but you can name a scene that was shocking, scary, disturbing and creepy to you.

#2 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2315 posts) - - Show Bio
Kitty kills Emma - What If: Astonishing X-Men #1
#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33019 posts) - - Show Bio

in X-Men vol 2 when Iceman get's a hole blown through his chest and he isn't able to change back also when Storm cuts out Marrows heart

#4 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

Oh man, that's epic!

#5 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogueneto... lol just kidding.

#6 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mayo88m said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

Oh man, that's epic!

I remember that... that was an intense scene. I remember reading it and lookinjg at the panel for a long time because it was sooo badass!!!

#7 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine was not exactly a scene. I really just find the Phalanx to be scary. The first time i've read about them, they seem to be unkillable. I remember the issues and it was Yukio and Storm being chased by the Phalanx and Gambit came. after reading those issues, i was thinking that if they were real and looking for me, i don't think i can escape from them. It's just scary to imagine them as real creatures chasing after you.

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

Holy sh*t.

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, can't remember the issue but I believe Wolverine temporarily becomes something similar to a Brood-like creature. Read it when I was a lot younger and it freaked me out a bit.

#10 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't name this one of my most scariest scenes (i got more of them coming !), but it was one heckuva cliffhanger !

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

When Wolverine kissed Emma.

#12 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

Oh yeah, now that was freaky!

#13 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#14 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

3) Wing's Death in "Astonishing X-Men."

Wing's Death in Joss Whedon's run of "Astonishing X-Men" was extremely disturbing, especially when Danger started controlling his dead body, yikes!!!

#16 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#17 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Stryker invades the school in new X-men. Bus of depowered mutants gets blown up. New X-men. Angel goes ape $#!@ on those guys. Nightcrawler dies in second coming. Hope does the phoenix thing. Ultimatum issues 1-5. Never knew who was next.

#18 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

Stryker invades the school in new X-men. Bus of depowered mutants gets blown up. New X-men. Angel goes ape $#!@ on those guys. Nightcrawler dies in second coming. Hope does the phoenix thing. Ultimatum issues 1-5. Never knew who was next.

Yeah, I was upset when Nightcrawler died. He was such a great character.

#19 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

<3

When I first saw this...

O_O

#20 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@riri4life said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

<3

When I first saw this...

O_O

OMG, I was so shocked at Storm hooking up with Cyclops!

#21 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

I wouldn't name this one of my most scariest scenes (i got more of them coming !), but it was one heckuva cliffhanger !

Yeah I was like wtf!!! Domino is one of my favorite characters. lol I knew they weren't gonna let her get wasted by some crumby sentinel though.

#22 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

@riri4life said:

When I first saw this...

O_O

this wasn't scary. this was just kinda shocking. sort of.

#23 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Mayo88m said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

Oh man, that's epic!

I remember that... that was an intense scene. I remember reading it and lookinjg at the panel for a long time because it was sooo badass!!!

Badass or Sick...

#24 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

4) Colossus beating up Ord in "Astonishing X-Men"

It's more awesome than scary, but imagine having a large and very angry steel man pummeling you to the ground! Not to mention, Colossus' expression on his face when he was beating up Ord is a bit scary...

#25 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

when my gal turned into this(although i am okay with it now)

Jubilee all vamped out
#26 Edited by valencourt (67 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

#28 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@valencourt said:

When Kitty Pryde is the last superhero standing on Earth and has to fight a HYDRA-programmed Wolverine in What If... Wolverine: Enemy of the State

Oh yeah and did you see what she did to Wolverine afterwards?

#29 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@papad1992 said:

@Mayo88m said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

Oh man, that's epic!

Badass or Sick...

Just completely badass!!

#30 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Oh well...

#31 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

well what? Emma and Kitty have a hate/hate relationship!!! What's more entertaining and shocking to watch than on of my favorite characters kill an over-rated character!!?

#32 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like What Ifs involving the X-Men are pretty terrifying...and I got one!

The What If Inferno issue where Wolverine eats a human baby was very disturbing.

A more recent one was when Angel's wings are torn off in the last X-Force series. The art was very creepy. 8 (

#33 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Deadcool said:

well what? Emma and Kitty have a hate/hate relationship!!! What's more entertaining and shocking to watch than on of my favorite characters kill an over-rated character!!?

Killing is not something that I want to see in a Superhero, the x-fans are missing the point, what a Superhero is meant to be... actually I alawys heard things like "Batman should just KILL the joker", "Spider-man should kill the villains", "a real hero kills"... for me that page is sick, heroes don't kill...

#34 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

Killing is not something that I want to see in a Superhero, the x-fans are missing the point, what a Superhero is meant to be... actually I alawys heard things like "Batman should just KILL the joker", "Spider-man should kill the villains", "a real hero kills"... for me that page is sick, heroes don't kill...

I know Heroes shouldn't kill but at this point I think Batman (or any member of the Bat family) should take out the Joker that's my one exception on the heroes shouldn't kill rule

#35 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Deadcool said:

I know Heroes shouldn't kill but at this point I think Batman (or any member of the Bat family) should take out the Joker that's my one exception on the heroes shouldn't kill rule

The joker character doesn't make sense, I like what Allan Moore did with the character in the Killing Joke, he was a human, and I undertood that version of the character, but the other versions are just crap, you should not kill the joker, he is crazy, comicbooks are meant to be an example of what the people should be, to improve themselves as people, and people like the Joker doesn't exist in the real life, for that reason is an inperfect and DUMB character.

#36 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

Your logic makes since there are very few good versions of the Joker and almost none that can be related to or achieved, but I just want them to kill him because his body counts several thousand by now and it doesn't make since to just let him run around. I don't know that I agree that Joker is a bad charecter I do agree that at least hopefully there are no people like him, in the real world and that in that since he doesn't fit the purpose of DC comics but a well written Joker can be a really fun read and the fact that he is supposed to represent the antithesis to Batman makes him a intresting literary device

#37 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7732 posts) - - Show Bio

Still gives me the hibby jibbies

#38 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio
Adamantium is indestructible? The Hulk doesn't think so.
Logan slaughters the X-men while being tricked by Mysterio
#39 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: scan please.

#40 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@ReVamp: scan please.

Of kissing? I don't have it. Nothing special though...

#41 Posted by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine getting his admantium ripped out through his skin by Mags, to me is still one of the most brutal/scary panels Ive seen

#42 Posted by VickyVons (232 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea. . .

#43 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

@VickyVons said:

Yea. . .

This.

#44 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@davelecave said:

@VickyVons said:

Yea. . .

This.

This was definitely scary...

#45 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio
@EnSabahNurX said:
Freaking awesome.
#46 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Old man Logan issue 5 for sure. Not sure if it was sad or scary. I was pretty scared when I heard the words "No More Mutants." weren't you?

#47 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

Old man Logan issue 5 for sure. Not sure if it was sad or scary. I was pretty scared when I heard the words "No More Mutants." weren't you?

Oh yeah! Now the no more mutants scene was scary because it's like you already know what's coming...

#48 Posted by oldgum (326 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think the Scariest scene is when Belasco kidnap Illyana and hanging those X-men corpses around.

#49 Posted by Kairan1979 (16723 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Force #18 - Kimura sawing off the arm of captured Laura Kinney.

#50 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@papad1992 said:

@Deadcool said:

Dude ur taking this a little too seriously!! "Heroes shouldn't kill" I know that, it's written in the definition of a superhero in the dictionary... but that scan of Kitty taking Emma's heart was priceless giving their past history!! Plus it was a "What if" story so it wasn't cannon or anything!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.