Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Sad state we are in

• 174 results
    Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Cutter

It is sad indeed. Like I was saying in the other thread...hoping for X-men to rise back up once again. Writers think they are doing something special with them and what they didn't notice is...they are pretty much misleading them wrongfully. They supposed to be Heroes...not making them look questionable to us fans. I'm very sick and tired of them fighting each other and making them look like bad (could this be the reason they're not introducing any more villains?). Is this what writers think they're doing? Taking them to the next level? Things haven't changed since Avengers vs X-Men. As a matter of fact, yesterday had a feeling of having already experienced the present situation in Avengers & X-Men Axis #3...where the Avengers wanted to take Skull and the X-Men didn't agree. It is a very sad thing...if they mislead them to another AVX2.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@numi said:

@ec2277 said:

Maybe, but I don't think. I'm coming up an idea of what Bendis is making and where he want arrived with his run and if I am right, Cyclops will not be involved in any romantic relationship; for now at least.

Honestly, I'm ready for Cyke to be with no one for the foreseeable future. Just let him be the leader and shoot down ever semi-romantic thing that comes his way. No Jean, no Emma, no Tempus, no Dazzler, no person at all. I'd like to see him dealing with the guilt, anger, frustration, etc on his own without some woman rescuing him. I'd like to see him pull himself out of that and I'd love to see what's going on inside his head. Maybe more moments of him talking to himself or raging when he's alone and away from other people so he can remain in control in front of them. Yeah, he doesn't need to be in any romantic relationship, though I wouldn't mind seeing him actually opening up to regular friends.

Or maybe I'm alone in this.

He should get with Wanda, marry her, have some babiez and live happily ever after.

no because he hates her. plus he said in avengers childrens crusade that he would kill her if she ever hurt mutants again. also in summer 2015 there is HoM and no more mutants teasers so who knows maybe he will

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

@numi said:

@ec2277 said:

Maybe, but I don't think. I'm coming up an idea of what Bendis is making and where he want arrived with his run and if I am right, Cyclops will not be involved in any romantic relationship; for now at least.

Honestly, I'm ready for Cyke to be with no one for the foreseeable future. Just let him be the leader and shoot down ever semi-romantic thing that comes his way. No Jean, no Emma, no Tempus, no Dazzler, no person at all. I'd like to see him dealing with the guilt, anger, frustration, etc on his own without some woman rescuing him. I'd like to see him pull himself out of that and I'd love to see what's going on inside his head. Maybe more moments of him talking to himself or raging when he's alone and away from other people so he can remain in control in front of them. Yeah, he doesn't need to be in any romantic relationship, though I wouldn't mind seeing him actually opening up to regular friends.

He should get with Wanda, marry her, have some babiez and live happily ever after.

no because he hates her. plus he said in avengers childrens crusade that he would kill her if she ever hurt mutants again. also in summer 2015 there is HoM and no more mutants teasers so who knows maybe he will

No, that's just Wanda-Cyke foreplay.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@avenger85 said:

@numi said:

@ec2277 said:

LOL i hope your joking

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

@avenger85 said:

@numi said:

@ec2277 said:

LOL i hope your joking

Serious as a heart attack.

What happened after Maddie punched Cyclops ? They married and had Nathan.

What happened after Jean threw him at a helicopter ? They married.

What happened after being wanted by SHIELD ? Maria Hill wants to "interrogate" him.

That's just how it is with Cyclops.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened after being wanted by SHIELD ? Maria Hill wants to "interrogate" him.

Your trolling is infallible as always, my friend :D

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i actually agree that he should stay single for a good while, and I really enjoyed them as a couple. But honestly, he isn't in the right place for a relationship right now, and honestly wasn't during much of the Utopia era. Scott during Utopia was very much 100% focused on the mission of keeping mutants alive, for whatever Hope was supposed to do. There was a real stain on his and Emma's relationship. He either didn't notice or care that Namor was putting moves on her, when Unit pheromone blasted the two of them he brushed it completely off, and in general didn't have time for relationship stuff.

Fast forward to post-AvX...and now he is focused on his revolution, but also dealing with the trauma involved with Xavier dying by his hands. He just isn't in the head space for a relationship right now and probably needs to deal with his own issues.

I see them probably getting back together though, Emma at least has dropped enough hints that she still has feelings for him, Bendis is known to be a bit of troll sometimes. More than likely I see him doing a "will-they, wont-they" for a while, he likes that kind of drama. On the plus side, as others have said, we have only ever seen Scott and Emma as hero-villain, patient-therapist, and then boyfriend-girlfriend. This will likely give them time to just be friends for a bit, which is nice.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

Your trolling is infallible as always, my friend :D

I agree.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Were emma and scott ever friends????? I always thought they went from teammates to patient/therapist to lovers. Also sleeping with your therapist, lol.

I don't know why you would assume they weren't; in my experience, being friends is prerequisite to being lovers. Even if that isn't always the case, Cyclops and Emma had better chemistry than any other couple in comics; that in itself is a sign of the intimacy of their connection.

Also in BotA xorn/jean told emma that scott would never be hers as long as there is a jean "walking around/alive". So I"m guessing scott and emma wont get back together anytime soon or at least until the o5 go back. Unless jean and emma became friends and its ok with jean if emma goes back with scott????? Better yet kitty can set up adult scott with emma and teen scott with teen jean but when is teen scott coming back from space. I wish teen scott would come back to anxm. Also in feb the black vortex will evolve cyclops book and maybe anxm book. So he wont be back soon to anxm. Also if teen cyclops goes back to anxm and wouldnt mind if the blue girl joins the team too.

gross.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@koays said:
    1. Your probably right about more control or a completely hands on writer helping X-Men as a title. But really i think having X-Men as a second lead title, and then Amazing or one of the other satelite titles as it's junior book(just so we can see the results and effects of actions bleed over a little) might be all that's needed.
    2. Uncanny is clearly setting the tone for the X-Men Universe and what's about to be the new status quo and that's fine. But it's hard to say why someone should read another book when the actions and developments of the stories don't have any bearing anywhere else. I mean if Beast were to have his actions in one book be relevant to another plot, then it wouldn't seem like his entire character is about dealing with Cyclops, whenever he's featured in Uncanny. And the JGS as a whole could benefit a lot from having their characters be more then just foils to the Cyke squad. Heck they'd arguably be better foils because they have other stuff going on that are all effecting the JGS as a whole, instead of making it seem like Scott Summers shows up and ruins a normally peaceful environment.
    3. I'd totally be onboard for a Pak or Rucka "X-Men". Though they'd likely change the line-up that I'm enjoying. Really i'd even excuse that if it meant that the other X-Men titles had some momentum to follow after a roster shake up or something.The every X-Book is an island thing just makes the individual books seem less important, but if say Pak took X-Men and Rucka took Amazing around the same time I could see both building the X-Men internally while Bendis does his thing setting the course for the franchise. If we had two main teams at the JGS with distinct personalities and no overlap, but with occasional team-up's and references to eachother for a period of two years i think it would be a reasonable way to address the gaps in X-Men book relevance.
    4. The only problem is that there is almost nothing to work with, since the established JGS front runners (Storm, Beast, Iceman, Rachel, Wolverine) have had no development, and what development they have had hasn't carried over past a story arc. And with the creator turnover rate even if new writers came on board, they'd likely wipe clean what we do have (bye-bye RachelvsShiar) and be gone before they can fully develop another character arc. Marvel just doesn't care much for infrastructure.

1. yeah, probably.

2. Bendis' run is setting the tone, for sure, because it's the most distinct of the books; the other books are trying to maintain some semblance of what people expect of the X-men, but really on a very surface level. The jgs bookds have the familiarity of premise, tone, characters, ect.. it's all there, but there's no one steering the ship; there's no one making the classic X-men a real alternative to the new mode, which really weakens both perspectives.

3. I think that would be great, actually. There's been this pervasive idea of showing the JGS team as the equivalent of te gold team and Cyclops' outlaw team as the blue, but I don't think that model really fits; to me it makes more sense that the JGS would house the gold and blue teams (like the old school model they're based on did), and Uncanny' is more like the new X-factor/X-force/ X-official alternative..

4. That's basically why I think there should be a main writer for the JGS book(s) that's given the time and creative control to pick up all the pieces of the previous writers and bring them together into a coherent direction. All of these characters have had some development in recent years, just not consistently or by the same writer. It wouldn't be that hard; most writers do take cues from each other anyway, it just rarely seems like any of them get the chance to follow through.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler: how do you like emma and teen jean being friends now? plus there is going to be more of them in anxm/jan and/or feb. I know bendis wants to take it to a new level but to me it seems force. Thats why i used there little hug moment as my avatar pic because its ironic, lol.

No Caption Provided

I really couldn't care less what Jean Grey does.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@koays from WatXM29 all of this is coming true. Does that mean something bad happens to teen jean like going dark phoenix or worst

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@koays from WatXM29 all of this is coming true. Does that mean something bad happens to teen jean like going dark phoenix or worst

Jean Grey did what she does best : Die.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

are you copying me???? I said that on the jean grey forum, lol.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

No Caption Provided

are you copying me???? I said that on the jean grey forum, lol.

nope, I'm just stating a fact.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: you seem young and immature as your avatar pic. maybe you need a time out

No Caption Provided

Relax at the batcave with some bat milk and cookies, lol.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@avenger85: you seem young and immature as your avatar pic. maybe you need a time out

No Caption Provided

hmmmm. The Irony...

But yeah, doesn't change the fact that Jean's biggest contribution to the X-Men has been her Death and her Corpse. That's the reason why the older one still hasn't gotten ressed.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By EC2277

@avenger85 said:

If Bendis will kill Jean for teh umpteenth time, I will definitively close with Marvel. It's unbearably boring rewrite everytime the same story.

But I don't think will happen that, exactly because it is an abused plot and I seem Bendis have the intention to stunned the reader with unexpected plot.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@avenger85 said:

If Bendis will kill Jean for teh umpteenth time, I will definitively close with Marvel. It's unbearably boring rewrite everytime the same story.

But that's what she does best. It's like writing a Wolverine story where he uses his Adamantium claws and healing factor. Or Captain America using his shield. They're just doing their job...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: if teen jean grey dies her older self will revive her. Also what do you think of the 2015 feb "the black vortex"??? the black vortex is supposed to be about it if you go near it, it will release your darker self like silver surfers dark side or jean grey's dark phoenix. Also it has connecting pics such as GotG, x-men, cyclops and maybe anxm......

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: if teen jean grey dies her older self will revive her. Also what do you think of the 2015 feb "the black vortex"??? the black vortex is supposed to be about it if you go near it, it will release your darker self like silver surfers dark side or jean grey's dark phoenix. Also it has connecting pics such as GotG, x-men, cyclops and maybe anxm......

It'll be as short, concise and to-the-point as Xavier's Will, and will be resolved as quickly as Bendis' other X-Events while being as controversially game-changing and Epic as Battle Of The Atom.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@avenger85 said:

But that's what she does best. It's like writing a Wolverine story where he uses his Adamantium claws and healing factor. Or Captain America using his shield. They're just doing their job...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: No. I think whatever Jason Aaron was planning with his future "Old Man Logan" story went out the window when he left. Pretty much everything hinted there was from his run on WATX and Amazing.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very sad yes. Haven't you guys thought their role of being heroes are fading away? They seems to be more like antiheroes. Nevertheless, they're still fabulous.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very sad yes. Haven't you guys thought their role of being heroes are fading away? They seems to be more like antiheroes. Nevertheless, they're still fabulous.

:)

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:

Is anyone else bummed about this day and age of x-men? I mean, they're all viewed as a villain, the family is broken, and all they do is fight each other. Hell kitty is dating star Lord... I just really miss the days when the X-men fought villains, when they taught children math and flight classes, and when they sat back and enjoyed each other's company

this is entirely your perception, you need to realize that the Government and its forces ie Shield and the Avengers have always been the bad guys against the X-men, I do not know why you every thought otherwise, the mutant hunting death machines are not some private enterprise. The X-Men have always at their core been an anti-government organization trying to prove the government wrong. You may dislike that this is being thrown directly in your face now, but it has been apart of the X-Men all along. THe X-Men are in essence a private militant vigilante army, that was hidden under a school with zero government oversight, this isn't Marvel Heroes the game where everything was monitored by SHIELD. By any modern standard the X-Men would not be seen as anyhting other than criminals. If you do not understand the principle that morality is not set by the Law and sometimes following the law is being on the wrong side than you have no place being an X-man fan. If Hitler or any other authoritarian fascist (ie Iron Man during Civil war, or Cap during AVX) calls you a villain, that's a damn compliment. CYCLOPS IS RIGHT, and I personally love that Cyclops is no longer willing to accept tyranny for the sake of peace.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: not to totally be offensive, but isn't that the synopsis for "Mein Kampf"?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:

Is anyone else bummed about this day and age of x-men? I mean, they're all viewed as a villain, the family is broken, and all they do is fight each other. Hell kitty is dating star Lord... I just really miss the days when the X-men fought villains, when they taught children math and flight classes, and when they sat back and enjoyed each other's company

this is entirely your perception, you need to realize that the Government and its forces ie Shield and the Avengers have always been the bad guys against the X-men, I do not know why you every thought otherwise, the mutant hunting death machines are not some private enterprise. The X-Men have always at their core been an anti-government organization trying to prove the government wrong. You may dislike that this is being thrown directly in your face now, but it has been apart of the X-Men all along. THe X-Men are in essence a private militant vigilante army, that was hidden under a school with zero government oversight, this isn't Marvel Heroes the game where everything was monitored by SHIELD. By any modern standard the X-Men would not be seen as anyhting other than criminals. If you do not understand the principle that morality is not set by the Law and sometimes following the law is being on the wrong side than you have no place being an X-man fan. If Hitler or any other authoritarian fascist (ie Iron Man during Civil war, or Cap during AVX) calls you a villain, that's a damn compliment. CYCLOPS IS RIGHT, and I personally love that Cyclops is no longer willing to accept tyranny for the sake of peace.

it was havok that didnt want to listen to cap's tyranny in axis

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By killraven4334

@hopesummersforthefuture: yes, and how did he do that? by literally saying "Scott was right about you"

@dman1366 said:

@killraven4334: not to totally be offensive, but isn't that the synopsis for "Mein Kampf"?

I don't know why I would find it offensive, I was the one who compared the avengers to Hitler in the first place. The X-Men fight oppressors that is what they have always done, they are just a little more bold about it now. I mean, you literally have Magneto in Cykes corner who already lived through Hitler, any comparing the X-Mens struggle against the government to Nazi Germany is made in the context that the mutants are the jews, not the other way around. Just to clarify.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: yes, and how did he do that? by literally saying "Scott was right about you"

@dman1366 said:

I don't know why I would find it offensive, I was the one who compared the avengers to Hitler in the first place. The X-Men fight oppressors that is what they have always done, they are just a little more bold about it now. I mean, you literally have Magneto in Cykes corner who already lived through Hitler, any comparing the X-Mens struggle against the government to Nazi Germany is made in the context that the mutants are the jews, not the other way around. Just to clarify.

That's what I've been trying to tell this people. Cyclops nor the X-men are villains. Also, I just want to clarify something here. If I can recalled this correctly, Cyclops has nothing to do with Hitler or Nazi. This is Magneto's backround story. Unless you trying to compare him with Magneto because they do think a like for mutants. Beside, your first post remind me of Magneto lol.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

@killraven4334 said:

@dman1366 said:

That's what I've been trying to tell this people. Cyclops nor the X-men are villains. Also, I just want to clarify something here. If I can recalled this correctly, Cyclops has nothing to do with Hitler or Nazi. This is Magneto's backround story. Unless you trying to compare him with Magneto because they do think a like for mutants. Beside, your first post remind me of Magneto lol.

Isnt the scarlett witch is alot like hitler with her "no more mutants" yet the avengers forgive her, cough cough Hippocrates

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

@killraven4334 said:

@dman1366 said:

Isnt the scarlett witch is alot like hitler with her "no more mutants" yet the avengers forgive her, cough cough Hippocrates

Yes but in Children Crusade, at the end of the panel, she said she will give what they want "More Mutants"

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

hmmmm. The Irony...

But yeah, doesn't change the fact that Jean's biggest contribution to the X-Men has been her Death and her Corpse. That's the reason why the older one still hasn't gotten ressed.

even shaggy is like what the hell are you talking about "bat milk?"

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Dman1366

@killraven4334: I'm not convinced. Going out and killing innocent people because of your hubris does not sound like Anne Frank. If anything Cyclops is saying that humans are bringing him, and his people, down and only he, and his war, can bring peace. That sounds a lot more like the NAZI regime pre-ww2.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BAT MILK?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:

@killraven4334: I'm not convinced. Going out and killing innocent people because of your hubris does not sound like Anne Frank. If anything Cyclops is saying that humans are bringing him, and his people, down and only he, and his war, can bring peace. That sounds a lot more like the NAZI regime pre-ww2.

What would you do if your son is a mutant? If you are a cold hearted maybe you will abondone him or her. But I know you are not a bad person. I'm sure you will sent him to Jean grey school or Wolverine school or Cyclops school or even to Genosha with Magneto where you know he will be accept it and save. And prey for your son that he will be save and that the killer bigot human wont get to kill him. I'm sure it would be difficult for you to decide, but killing your son or daughter is the lease you wont do. This is only an example lol.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

@dman1366 said:

What would you do if your son is a mutant? If you are a cold hearted maybe you will abondone him or her. But I know you are not a bad person. I'm sure you will sent him to Jean grey school or Wolverine school or Cyclops school or even to Genosha with Magneto where you know he will be accept it and save. And prey for your son that he will be save and that the killer bigot human wont get to kill him. I'm sure it would be difficult for you to decide, but killing your son or daughter is the lease you wont do. This is only an example lol.

I am totally agreeing with you and @killraven4334. I only pointed out that the way he is going about his war is a little too extreme for me. I prefer the MLK vs the Malcolm X, it gets more results (that sounds awful, but I can find a way to re-word that sentence). In either case, I was intially just saying that I wish that all of the X-Men would get along again. I mean they could have the peaceful JGS, with human helping teams like Amazing X-Men and XX-Men; while also having mutant liberating teams like X-Force and the Extiction Team.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: I agree with you a lot and I understand what you mean. It is true they soppouse to be acting like heroes and nothing more. And that Cyclops is changing a lot and making the X-men look bad. I agree with you. Sometime I think that the only solution to this is the real Jean Grey (too bad the younger one is toooo young for him lol). She can control him and put him in his place. Can you imagine if Jean's back? And knowing how freak he is with this obsession with Jean he will kneel before her. He heart will softening right away. I don't agree with mutant killing human (please don't get me wrong) I just don't. In Magneto's case he has his reason. At lease this bastard can be understandable lol. But Cyclops? I just don't get him. What is his reason, motive, plan, or what was the cause for him to be the way he is. Unless he got fed up or just don't give a #&%!. Cyclops was the first X-men to be in the group and to see his role so extrimist and creating war is truely not him. I agree with you completely and this I can't take that away from you cause you have your point of view and is the reason why this thread is created because X-men are looking like villains compare of when Xavier was around. Cyclops is crazy and even all the X-men noticed. That say I agree with you in everything. In this case neither Cyclops or Xavier, Or Magneto is right... the one that's right is you :)

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:

This

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By somacula

@shebba said:

@dman1366: I agree with you a lot and I understand what you mean. It is true they soppouse to be acting like heroes and nothing more. And that Cyclops is changing a lot and making the X-men look bad. I agree with you. Sometime I think that the only solution to this is the real Jean Grey (too bad the younger one is toooo young for him lol). She can control him and put him in his place. Can you imagine if Jean's back? And knowing how freak he is with this obsession with Jean he will kneel before her. He heart will softening right away. I don't agree with mutant killing human (please don't get me wrong) I just don't. In Magneto's case he has his reason. At lease this bastard can be understandable lol. But Cyclops? I just don't get him. What is his reason, motive, plan, or what was the cause for him to be the way he is. Unless he got fed up or just don't give a #&%!. Cyclops was the first X-men to be in the group and to see his role so extrimist and creating war is truely not him. I agree with you completely and this I can't take that away from you cause you have your point of view and is the reason why this thread is created because X-men are looking like villains compare of when Xavier was around. Cyclops is crazy and even all the X-men noticed. That say I agree with you in everything. In this case neither Cyclops or Xavier, Or Magneto is right... the one that's right is you :)

Do i have to defend cyclops again? For god sake cyke isn't becoming mags and going on a killing spree against any human that disagrees with him, he just called some kind of revolution with no clear direction, it might a cultural revolution or a pacifist revolution but so far he has done what charles always did, train underage kids to do his dirty job, cept he's fighting alongside them and most of his new kids are not really kids but waaay past 21's (he has a guy that's 30 years old and just decimated shield on his owm). CYCLOPS IS NOT STARTING A WAR, give me a scan in wich cyclops is declarin war on humanity and I'll believe you, but so I far I have everything related to cyke in my pull list and I haven't seen a clear declaration of war, his fellow x men are not qualifying him as crazy (otherwise they'd sent him to an asylum or actually try to stop him) but just screaming rrrrhate or just plain mad at him while at the same time sitting on their arses doing nothing for the mutant cause.

As for jean coming back and starting to boss cyke around, well. First she'd have to go through emma frost, those are gonna be some nasty pages of psychic fights or an epic catfight; then through magik, and I don't think she stands a chance againts yana without the phoenix; and finally she'd have to confront teen jean, and that girl is becoming a force to be reckoned with, if she uses her jean power old jean will be done for. If somehow she manages to get to cyke I have no idea what would happen, but he won't bow down to her, I can guarantee that

BTW check this scans from jean grey last resurrection (CANON), I really don't think she's gonna sit around let homo superior get obliterated by flatscan unlike the folks in the scholl named after her. That'd apply if she had returned during decimation era and also now, and she wouldn't definetly let the X men become avengers lapdogs like wolvie was, just change angel for beast and cyclops for iceman, cos those two are doing ***** to save mutants, poor angel is looooong gone and honestly cyke is the only one keeping it real, wouldn't be surprised if she ends up joining him, teen angel acknowledged that cyclops is probably the only one trying to do something

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba: You are asking for reasons why cyclops is acting this way??? I guess you are not that versed in X-Men history. Lets just start with recent history on why Cyclops personality has changed, then why his stance on militant protection of mutants.

Cyclops personality shift.

1. Death of Jean grey, repeatedly.

2. Taken of by Apocalypse, marked a stark transformation of Cyclops personality, he was darker, never the same.

3. Multiple Xavier betrayals, Onslaught, Vulcan, Cassandra Nova, knowing enslavement of Danger.

4. Influence of Emma frost, psychic affair, relationship and another jean grey death.

5. The new responsibility of not just headmaster of a school, but protector of a race, no longer able to just sick back and be the good soldier, now he needed to lead on a higher level.

These events transformed Cyclops stance on humanity.

1. Genosha and millions of mutants slaughtered.

2. Decimation, millions more mutants x-gene erased.

4. In the wake of decimation, the Government under the guise of protecting mutants sends sentinels to Xaviers school which ultimately turn on the school destroying it.Mul

5. The rise of the Purifiers, new sentinels.

6. Relocation to San Fran, followed by Dark Reign and forced exodus from the united states to Utopia.

7. Multiple invasions of Utopia, having to fight off Norman Osborn's dark avenger and dark x-men.

8. Cable's warning from the future about the avengers murdering Hope.

9. Avengers refusing to listen to reason and attacking Utopia because Cyclops would not sacrifice a child out of hysterical avengers fear which turned out to be unfounded, hence "Cyclops was Right" the Phoenix was not in fact coming to destroy Earth.

10. Hypocritically imprisoned and turned on for Killing a single person while Dark Phoenix, while Jean who destroyed inhabited planets was defended against all enemies.

11. Forced to be on the run because he is the most wanted man in the Marvel Universe.

This is why cyclops is behaving the way he is. Don't try and say he doesn't have reasons.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By EC2277

@shebba said:

@dman1366: I agree with you a lot and I understand what you mean. It is true they soppouse to be acting like heroes and nothing more. And that Cyclops is changing a lot and making the X-men look bad. I agree with you. Sometime I think that the only solution to this is the real Jean Grey (too bad the younger one is toooo young for him lol). She can control him and put him in his place. Can you imagine if Jean's back? And knowing how freak he is with this obsession with Jean he will kneel before her.

[…]

Yes, also Bendis has imagined the return of Jean Grey.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Dman1366

@killraven4334: just because you have "reasons" to be a bigot doesn't make it okay.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: are you joking? cyclops is not a bigot, he simply will no longer play pacifist while his people are murdered, you are the bigot for acting like mutants do not have a right to defend themselves

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula: revolution and war are the same thing given the levels of aggression. Sure, he hasn't said there would be a war, but that holds true for all great dictators. He is simply trying to stand up for mutants with no regard to human life. I mean he knows that he is unstable with his powers, and that sentinels were after him, but he just goes to heavily populated areas and lets fly some lasers, killing all who would be stupid enough to have a life. But who cares, they're only human.

If he was some great philanthropist that he is purported to be, then he should care about all bigotry and racism. Stand up for gays being killed, stand up for innocent minorities being crushed under our society, etc. Does he do that? No. Hell JGS has saved more mutants from prosecution than he has.

No, cyke is a cry baby with a napoleon complex. He says revolution, but he means revenge.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By cattlebattle

How do these threads always devolve into debating the morality and ethics of fictional characters?

Wasn't the original post kind of a complaint on how the books rely more on shock factor and how they lack cohesive storytelling??

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Dman1366

@killraven4334: I think they have every right, but I don't think war is the answer. It didn't work out for Hitler, malcolm x, or stalin, who were also just "defending their people", and it won't workout with Cyclops

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: you're absolutely right. This debate is over. My stance on lazy writing still holds.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: the problem you seem to be having is that, the X-men are not the people you listed, the Avengers are the ones doing the persecuting, war is needed to stop the persecution. War was definitely needed to stop Hitler, and it is needed to stop the persecution of mutants. Cyclops has never said he will kill humans who are innocent, he simply will no longer allow people to hurt mutants to get away with it. Cyclops doesn't go to shopping malls and blasts soccer moms, everyone he fights is armed against mutants and is actively hunting them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.