Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Rumor: X-Men: Apocalypse movie focusing on first class cast.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

There's a rumor spreading that the next X-Men movie, which is about Apocalypse will focus mainly on the cast from X-Men: First Class. If this rumor comes out being true, then what are your thoughts on this?

For me personally, even though I loved the cast from X-Men: First Class (Well, I loved Fassbender as Magneto and McAvoy as Xavier), I was actually looking forward to seeing more from the original trilogy cast (Colossus, Storm, Shadowcat, Iceman,. Rogue) and I'm kind of disappointed that they won't be the main focus of the Apocalypse storyline. However, if it turns out that they will have a younger cast consisting of the original trilogy X-Men, then I would be happy with that since at this point (according to the films) the original trilogy X-Men would be much younger once they meet up with Magneto and Xavier, but I guess we'll see what's going to happen in this film once it comes out.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think Days of the Future Past will set a new timeline, so, you could see whatever characters they want. You just have to relax and wait to find out.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im going to guess if this is true they will some how make it so what ever Trask did during the 70's stopped apocalypse one way or another, whether it was indirect or not. Similar to wolverine and the xmen.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@goobot said:

Im going to guess if this is true they will some how make it so what ever Trask did during the 70's stopped apocalypse one way or another, whether it was indirect or not. Similar to wolverine and the xmen.

I think this might happen too. It would be interesting to see how the events of DOFP will change the X-Men for Apocalypse.

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be too difficult to say right now who the sequel would focus on without knowing what happens in Days of Future Past. I am hoping DOFP acts a a reboot of sorts so then the characters they use in future movies would be up in the air.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@jbreen said:

It would be too difficult to say right now who the sequel would focus on without knowing what happens in Days of Future Past. I am hoping DOFP acts a a reboot of sorts so then the characters they use in future movies would be up in the air.

I agree with this. That's what I'm thinking that Days of Future Past would be about, setting up for a reboot for the X-Men movies by the time that Age of Apocalypse comes by. I would like to see what would happen in Days of Future Past to see what would happen to the original characters.

Doctor_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we just get Cyclops back already?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@doctor_zero said:

Can we just get Cyclops back already?

I would like to see this also! I also would like to see Nightcrawler back!

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wouldnt mind a reboot of the whole franchise

The only cast members that should remain are "McBender" and "McStew"

and yes, i wldnt mind recasting Hugh Jackman as well. great as he was as Wolverine, i would like to see a different take on the character by another actor.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim said:

i wouldnt mind a reboot of the whole franchise

The only cast members that should remain are "McBender" and "McStew"

and yes, i wldnt mind recasting Hugh Jackman as well. great as he was as Wolverine, i would like to see a different take on the character by another actor.

I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot also. Maybe this would give the rest of the characters a better chance to shine more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.