Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

rogue's funeral and then some...

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so, marvel killed rogue in uncanny avengers. x-men issues have passed and the x-men did not hold a funeral nor did they talk about her death. The last time i read about anything about rogue was when rachel said that she's still hoping to have rogue back when they where meeting on a yacht. i dont read uncanny avengers. any news on her? how did she die in the 1st place? is there a good chance that she'd be ressurected?

and How was nightcrawler ressurected? is the amazing x-men in 616 too? is firestar currently an x-men too?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Thats what bothers me about current X-titles and why I have trouble believing anyone is honestly enjoying them. A big event can happen and there is no other mention of it in other books....absolutely no connectivity, no communication between writers. Who cares as long as $$$$$$$ is made, right? Right!?

In one of the first issues of the latest X-Force title some mutant kills a large number of people, and as big of a deal as that would be, is not mentioned in any other title. Same thing with Rogue, she is a charter member of the X-Men who has had deep personal relationships with almost every member. Her death should be quite the big deal and should have resonated immensely and be mentioned quite often.

I am sure Rogue will come back sooner than later.

I believe Nightcralwer was resurrected through the X-Men traveling to hell and retrieving him (yes, they have run out of ideas)

Yes, it was Kurt from 616....if that's what you were asking.

I don't know where Firestar is....hopefully she moved to Valiant comics or some company that gives a crap about other avenues of there output other than their "cinematic universe"

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so, marvel killed rogue in uncanny avengers. x-men issues have passed and the x-men did not hold a funeral nor did they talk about her death. The last time i read about anything about rogue was when rachel said that she's still hoping to have rogue back when they where meeting on a yacht. i dont read uncanny avengers. any news on her? how did she die in the 1st place? is there a good chance that she'd be ressurected?

and How was nightcrawler ressurected? is the amazing x-men in 616 too? is firestar currently an x-men too?

Rogue's death was followed by Scarlet Witch and Captain America's... and then a Time Travel Arc. They havn't had a funeral because we don't know whether it will stick.

Nightcrawler sold his soul to the Bamfs to comeback, Firestars an X-Man now, and yes Amazing is in the 616

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@koays said:
    1. Rogue's death was followed by Scarlet Witch (,Wonder-man,) and Captain America's... and then a Time Travel Arc. They havn't had a funeral because we don't know whether it will stick.
    2. Nightcrawler sold his soul to the Bamfs to comeback, Firestars an X-Man now, and yes Amazing is in the 616

1. yeah, the events taking place in Uncanny Avengers currently are happening in an alternate universe (like Age of Apocalypse or something) and so must be happening between stories in all the books still set in the regular 616 world. The X-men outside of that book don't know that Rogue's dead because their world doesn't exist in that story, and probably by the time the story's over Rogue won't be dead, because the Avengers have to go back in time to before she died to save the 616 world.

2. the less you know about how Nightcrawler's alive again the better (because it's pretty dumb), just be glad he's back.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    1. Rogue's death was followed by Scarlet Witch (,Wonder-man,) and Captain America's... and then a Time Travel Arc. They havn't had a funeral because we don't know whether it will stick.
    2. Nightcrawler sold his soul to the Bamfs to comeback, Firestars an X-Man now, and yes Amazing is in the 616

1. yeah, the events taking place in Uncanny Avengers currently are happening in an alternate universe (like Age of Apocalypse or something) and so must be happening between stories in all the books still set in the regular 616 world. The X-men outside of that book don't know that Rogue's dead because their world doesn't exist in that story, and probably by the time the story's over Rogue won't be dead, because the Avengers have to go back in time to before she died to save the 616 world.

2. the less you know about how Nightcrawler's alive again the better (because it's pretty dumb), just be glad he's back.

Yea I pretty much just ignored the details for that one...though i guess we'd all have to discuss it if he turns out like Strong Guy from X-Factor or something.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

This is exactly how I see this happening. As the UA story has been progressing I get the impression that no one in the X-Verse (besides Wolverine but stories are probably happening before she died) is aware of what happened to Anna.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

The fact of the matter is that the gal's pretty much disappeared off the face of the Earth as far as they're concerned and only Rachel's managed to ration the occurrence some comedic afterthought. One day she's here and the next day she's not. That's the problem. Them knowing whether or not she's dead is really and truly, besides the point.

She's gone and hardly anyone seems to care about it.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: I think you're missing the point. The Avengers are currently doing a time travel story, and she won't have died once it's over. There's nothing to notice other than she's on a mission with the Avengers.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thats what bothers me about current X-titles and why I have trouble believing anyone is honestly enjoying them. A big event can happen and there is no other mention of it in other books....absolutely no connectivity, no communication between writers. Who cares as long as $$$$$$$ is made, right? Right!?

In one of the first issues of the latest X-Force title some mutant kills a large number of people, and as big of a deal as that would be, is not mentioned in any other title. Same thing with Rogue, she is a charter member of the X-Men who has had deep personal relationships with almost every member. Her death should be quite the big deal and should have resonated immensely and be mentioned quite often.

I believe Nightcralwer was resurrected through the X-Men traveling to hell and retrieving him (yes, they have run out of ideas)

I don't know where Firestar is....hopefully she moved to Valiant comics or some company that gives a crap about other avenues of there output other than their "cinematic universe"

I tend to agree with most of this. Good post!! This is my issue with everything and it just speaks to what I now believe to be fact, we need a complete revamp/reboot. There absolutely should be connectivity between books. Every team doesnt have to have the same goal or approach but if we are to believe in these huge events, then the effects of said events and developments should be felt throughout the books. That's not to say we need the endless tie-ins.

The Nightcrawler thing was horrible. I'm glad he's back but we shouldn't have to just forget about how he's here. Its a ridiculous idea and I cant believe no one in the Marvel offices had the sense to see this. In all honesty i think it would have been better if they had just let AOA Nightcrawler survive and have him maybe study the life of 616 Kurt and look to develop relationships in 616 instead of the heaven/hell thing that also subsequently ruined Azazel at least for me.

I tend to lean toward the idea @oldnightcrawler has about Uncanny Avengers being an alternate reality or whatever. Either way I still love the book though i hate what happened to Rogue. I hate death just for the sake of death, much like I've hated the death of Nightcrawler and the 2nd, 3rd and inifinite deaths of Jean Grey. To have a death like Rogues and for it not to be acknowledged but she left a team in Wood's Xmen, is ridiculous. Death in books should mean something and should be the catalyst for new and different directions and character reactions. Even killing off Xavier was not as impactful since he was hardly relevant in the books.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@ageofhurricane: I think you're missing the point. The Avengers are currently doing a time travel story, and she won't have died once it's over. There's nothing to notice other than she's on a mission with the Avengers.

How long has this mission been transpiring for and how long (in-issue) has it been since her departure from the institute? Some acknowledgement would be nice.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

How long has this mission been transpiring for and how long (in-issue) has it been since her departure from the institute? Some acknowledgement would be nice.

seriously? is this a serious complaint? really?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preach.

The real problem is, why is Rogue nowhere to be found while Thor, Captain America and Wolverine all successfully jump from story to story? 0_o

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Couldn't have said it better myself. Again this one of the reasons I suspect that Wood is ok with leaving Xmen. They took away Kitty and Rogue and told him to work it out. If I were him I'd be pissed and would leave too

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Thats what bothers me about current X-titles and why I have trouble believing anyone is honestly enjoying them. A big event can happen and there is no other mention of it in other books....absolutely no connectivity, no communication between writers.

why should there have to be?

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Probably has to do with the current Uncanny Avengers arc not being finished yet which has jumped into the future of an alternate world. Rogue is more than likely still alive and the Uncanny Avengers are preoccupied with possibly something off world after the current arc or something like that

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Some necrophiliac on the team does his thing and her power is still on, thus absorbing the life from said necrophiliac and reviving her.

DO IT, MARVEL WRITERS!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

There is plenty of connectivity between the X-Books, there just just no connectivity between Uncanny Avengers and the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Koays

Probably has to do with the current Uncanny Avengers arc not being finished yet which has jumped into the future of an alternate world. Rogue is more than likely still alive and the Uncanny Avengers are preoccupied with possibly something off world after the current arc or something like that

Exactly.

I get the beef with connectivity in books, but this isn't the fight to pick. Rogue's status is still up in the air until this arc ends, so it makes sense that you wouldnt want to ruin the mystery by having her as a full time member of another team in the meantime.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:
    @cattlebattle said:

I tend to agree with most of this. Good post!! This is my issue with everything and it just speaks to what I now believe to be fact, we need a complete revamp/reboot. There absolutely should be connectivity between books. Every team doesnt have to have the same goal or approach but if we are to believe in these huge events, then the effects of said events and developments should be felt throughout the books. That's not to say we need the endless tie-ins.

The Nightcrawler thing was horrible. I'm glad he's back but we shouldn't have to just forget about how he's here. Its a ridiculous idea and I cant believe no one in the Marvel offices had the sense to see this. In all honesty i think it would have been better if they had just let AOA Nightcrawler survive and have him maybe study the life of 616 Kurt and look to develop relationships in 616 instead of the heaven/hell thing that also subsequently ruined Azazel at least for me.

I tend to lean toward the idea @oldnightcrawler has about Uncanny Avengers being an alternate reality or whatever. Either way I still love the book though i hate what happened to Rogue. I hate death just for the sake of death, much like I've hated the death of Nightcrawler and the 2nd, 3rd and inifinite deaths of Jean Grey. To have a death like Rogues and for it not to be acknowledged but she left a team in Wood's Xmen, is ridiculous. Death in books should mean something and should be the catalyst for new and different directions and character reactions. Even killing off Xavier was not as impactful since he was hardly relevant in the books.

Just curious, but how did the story ruined Azazel for you? I thought the idea of searching for Nightcrawler in the afterlife in Heaven and Hell was interesting.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatekey: the idea of Azazel and bamfs and him playing a pirate with dead was ridiculous in my opinion. This makes him a big joke imo and stinks of Aarons silliness. @koays: Then why not do that with Thor and Cap? I understand the thought of mystery but its got to go both ways.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Well Rogue's not as big as Cap or Thor and we know Marvel won't kill them (again) but Rogue, Scarlet Witch and Wonderman could possibly remain dead when the arc is over. It keeps us talking about whether Remender would really let it stick. I mean it was senseless so probably not, but so is taking a character coming off of a solo and adding her to the cast just to give her 3 lines before her death scene.

Plus Havok is a regular in X-Factor an hasn't mentioned anything, so maybe it will hit continuity when the story ends, sort of like Astonishing X-Men did.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea it is weird she is in no other books but wolverine thor and the others are. Hell the earth and all of them got destroyed in uncanny avengers yet they are still in other books such is continuity i guess. Still it is a time travel arc so they will turn back time and rogue will be back. I still wish they used her in the jean grey school atleast even psylocke has time to spare there and she is on the x force why can't rogue, even logan finds time to. She should be there as a leader now especially since kitty left for her BS reason to make the 05 x men look good.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darthphoenix

Avengers should have at least called storm or rachel...hello, fyi, rogue just died on a mission, we're going back in time to try to bring her back. we promise to bring her back alive and well in two or three weeks. Just don't expect a text or call from her now cause she's still dead. ciao.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Hmmm. I would think Rogue is at least as big as Thor. I love the book now dont get me wrong but Rogues death was ridiculous. Should have been Wolverine instead. Havoks run on Xfactor has been over amd Havok has appeared in CXF and the new Xforce. It was just bad on marvels part

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: If Rogue gets a movie i'll be with you on the Thor thing, though they both serve similar roles on their teams. It could've been executed smoother, but it just sort of reminds me of Astonishing from back in the day where it takes a while for its events to take hold on other books.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Also if you guys thought that was bad, just like the X-titles having the serious issues in regards to connectivity between books, Marvel (or Bendis for that matter) has yet to also explain the revival of Drax and Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy, since it's already been four years since the events of the Thanos Imperative and not a single explanation exists concerning how Drax is alive after being completely vaporized by Thanos, and how the hell Quill escaped the Cancerverse without Nova-Prime. Yes they announced that it will be explained this August but under Bendis' hand I'm already quite scared of how he will likely mess the whole thing up.

Like @cattlebattle I also have trouble believing anyone is honestly enjoying them.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like @cattlebattle I also have trouble believing anyone is honestly enjoying them.

oh, so first my intelligence is brought into question and now my honesty.

nice, guys, real nice.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: It doesn't mean I question your honesty at all, when I said "having trouble believing" doesn't necessarily mean I automatically dismiss anyone claiming they really enjoy the title. I have other friends that honestly enjoy it despite my issues with it and I said the same thing and they didn't take it as me challenging their honesty or intelligence for that matter.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: Hey Corsair is alive as well....no clue about the how or the why but he is and everyone seems ok with it.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just checked corsair's profile, he doesnt have powers. why was he kidnapped by the shiar?

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Did you mean the most recent release of Cyclops #1? Where there seems to be some father & son bonding?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: In his origin? not really sure, slave labor or breeding....maybe just to get info on the planet....doesnt make sense considering they were trying to shoot them down a moment before.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: Yup, bond all you want but i'm working off the theory he's a Zombie.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@cattlebattle said:

Thats what bothers me about current X-titles and why I have trouble believing anyone is honestly enjoying them. A big event can happen and there is no other mention of it in other books....absolutely no connectivity, no communication between writers.

why should there have to be?

I just want to point out that the entire Avengers event could happen in a day, so Rogue being off on a mission with the Avengers (whom shes now a card carrying member of) for a day or so shouldn't really cause any concern for the X men or anyone else for that matter, it seems silly to nit pick over such a thing its apparent shes will be back (i mean they have killed off Cap, Wolverine and most the rest of the cast) but they did it in an alternate reality so they can't exactly mourn them and they cant just stand still and not do anything while this (very slow i may add) arc plays itself out so yea shes just on mission nuff said

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#36  Edited By time1

Well Rogue may return in August, here is the cover of Uncanny Avengers 23.

No Caption Provided

Well lets hope it's real and not a misleading cover. I hate Uncanny Avengers, such a terrible series. I hate Rick Remender for killing of my favourite X-lady and my second favourite comic book character of all time.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that entire cast is dead with the exception of what Wasp and Havok i think? So yea he has to bring them back lol

@time said:

No Caption Provided

Well lets hope it's real and not a misleading cover. I hate Uncanny Avengers, such a terrible series. I hate Rick Remender for killing of my favourite X-lady and my second favourite comic book character of all time.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

@mcklayn said:

that entire cast is dead with the exception of what Wasp and Havok i think? So yea he has to bring them back lol

@time said:

No Caption Provided

Let hope so, did you like Uncanny Avengers ?

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few minutes after Rogue died the entire Earth was destroyed by a Celestial. There wasn't really time for a funeral haha

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@mcklayn said:

I just want to point out that the entire Avengers event could happen in a day, so Rogue being off on a mission with the Avengers (whom shes now a card carrying member of) for a day or so shouldn't really cause any concern for the X men or anyone else for that matter, it seems silly to nit pick over such a thing its apparent shes will be back (i mean they have killed off Cap, Wolverine and most the rest of the cast) but they did it in an alternate reality so they can't exactly mourn them and they cant just stand still and not do anything while this (very slow i may add) arc plays itself out so yea shes just on mission nuff said

exactly.

A few minutes after Rogue died the entire Earth was destroyed by a Celestial. There wasn't really time for a funeral haha

exactly.

@mcklayn said:

and Thor. It's only been Havok, Wasp, Beast, and Thor (and Kang's Avengers) for the last few issues.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: i was enjoying it to start with, like issue 1 or so then i faded out adn got back interested during the middle of the arc where they killed rogue and then totally lost interest again, it just seems to move really slow it might be good if you collect it in TPB or something but i have a subscription so im still getting it just take a while to read it lol

@mcklayn said:

exactly.

@mideonnviscera said:

exactly.

@mcklayn said:

and Thor. It's only been Havok, Wasp, Beast, and Thor (and Kang's Avengers) for the last few issues.

Yea people are a bit too critical some times, you have to have a understanding of how Comic book time works, and how fluid it is and how much writers have to adjust and ignore not to ruin other writes stuff. Its just soothing you get used to doing after you read so long and its not really a big deal. If your smart it also spoils some things for you IE no one mentioned rogues death, so you knew rogue was coming back(like before the arc was over lol) if a character that big dies it gets mentioned

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@mcklayn said:

Yea people are a bit too critical some times, you have to have a understanding of how Comic book time works, and how fluid it is and how much writers have to adjust and ignore not to ruin other writes stuff. Its just soothing you get used to doing after you read so long and its not really a big deal. If your smart it also spoils some things for you IE no one mentioned rogues death, so you knew rogue was coming back(like before the arc was over lol) if a character that big dies it gets mentioned

yeah, pretty much.

but even knowing a character won't stay dead needn't make their death less meaningful within the story. In the case of UA, the deaths of all of the characters is what raises the stakes and drives the plot; even knowing the Avengers are going to win on some level, we still want to see what they won, to that end we're shown what they have to lose, what they're fighting for. I mean, all the X-men and Avengers died in DoFP, too; it still makes for a great story.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF? When did she died? When and where exactly was this? Rogue is dead? O M F G. No way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.