Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Rogue's Powers

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By McKlayn

Ok not that Im complaining, not at all really BUT!

in the first two issues of X men by the great Brian Wood, it seemed that rogue was converted back to her like 1990's power set, where she had permanently stolen Ms Marvels powers. Flying, Strength, durability or what not. She hasn't really had to mimic anyone, and she has had those powers the entire time without any real explanation. Now i really don't mind thats when i liked rogue the best lol, but im curious if i missed something because i thought those were gone and she had to touch some one to get powers (IE Uncanny Avengers, X men Legacy blah blah) So did i miss something or is wood just not following continuity and not getting any grief about it lol (cause if it was Bendis all hell would of broken lose already :D ) s

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By xrs10

I did wonder about this but having said that, the 90's rogue was my favourite so I think I have just let it slide, Oh and this wouldn't have caused issues if Bendis had done it because I think most people like this rogue, People would hate it if Bendis had influence because he wouldn't know how to write rogue.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

@mcklayn said:

Ok not that Im complaining, not at all really BUT!

in the first two issues of X men by the great Brian Wood, it seemed that rogue was converted back to her like 1990's power set, where she had permanently stolen Ms Marvels powers. Flying, Strength, durability or what not. She hasn't really had to mimic anyone, and she has had those powers the entire time without any real explanation. Now i really don't mind thats when i liked rogue the best lol, but im curious if i missed something because i thought those were gone and she had to touch some one to get powers (IE Uncanny Avengers, X men Legacy blah blah) So did i miss something or is wood just not following continuity and not getting any grief about it lol (cause if it was Bendis all hell would of broken lose already :D ) s

I picked up on that too! Maybe she touched one of the students (that sounds wrong) before she left for the train, and again before her fight with Arkea/Omega Sentinel? It's possible... or maybe it's insinuated.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Yeah, you missed her specifically stating that she borrowed Northstar's powers for both flight and super strength. And yes, he DOES, as you didn't know, possess super strength. Having received an upgrade during Carey's Legacy.

(logs off)

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Incase it gets "missed" again, she says it right before she drops Kitty off, if the issue isn't at hands, read some CBR threads. Very informative. Indeed, Wood is great. Best thing to happen to the X-Men in years.

(logs off again)

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7  Edited By McKlayn

Incase it gets "missed" again, she says it right before she drops Kitty off, if the issue isn't at hands, read some CBR threads. Very informative. Indeed, Wood is great. Best thing to happen to the X-Men in years.

(logs off again)

logs off lmao, i love this rogue, I love wood it wasn't an attack just a question really and it would of been an issue if Bendis did it because everyone hates bendis is all i pointed out lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.