Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

ReVamp's take on the New X-Men teams - Gold Team *Part 1*

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By ReVamp

OK, so as you know (because you do know it) there's going to be a bunch of New X-Men team, yada yada yada and they're all going to be divided into two main divisions of opposing ideologies (I'm assuming) and then each division is going to have four main team each with its own title. So far some of the characters have been announced, though not all of them and I want to share my opinion on the choices with the rest of you. Since not all characters have been announced I might make an updated to this blog further on with the remaining characters.  Part 2 comes when I have the patience (aka 30-60 min)

AoA Nightcrawler - I'm interested in what this leads to, though I like the fact that a teleporter is here because now all of the most interesting low level powers have put been put together on one small team. Though it sucks that Archangel isn't here cause I'd love him to get some more expanding and maybe have his Archangel personality become controlled by his original one. Before I get started on a different topic I want to say that I like this but I don't really have any strong opinions on the character. I do want to say that I'd like for AoA Jean to have come from AoA and hook up with Logan. He needs a more permanent relationship and is one of the few X Men to not have had a noteworthy realtionship with another superhero. (Unless I'm missing something)

Toad - Not really much to say, since this really depends on how this is written, though I do like his powers and I'm curious to see how things go. Though he has been acting like a douche lately but hopefully they do something interesting with him. 

Iceman & Gambit - Two characters that I hold a deep love for and seeming them in the same team makes me want to kiss someone's feet. Two interesting characters with interesting powers. While it isn't suprising that Gambit chose to be on Wolverine's team, since they both are similar and understand each other, it is interesting to see why Bobby is here considering he's a friend of Cyclops. Though it might be something to do with the fact that he has been alienated from Cyclops, much like Beast (who I suspect is also on the team, but hasn't been confirmed).  
    *Just noticed that both of these aren't on the same team, so I apologize if I gave that impression. 

Rogue  - Quite an obvious choice. Specially after how Scott has been treating her (which is bad writing, but lets not get into that), she's also with Gambit which I like and hopefully we'll get to see something with that (Specially after having read AoX a few hours ago), though we all know how much X Writers love to screw with us when it comes to relationships. But Rogue is one of Wolvie's girls and I like the fact that this is staying.

Shadowcat - Much of the same, she's much like Rogue. I don't like the fact she's seperated from Peter, but I don't think I'm that interested with Peter since he's become a Colossonaut. She also makes a great addition to the team. 

Frenzy (That is her name right?) - I don't care much for her character, not really interested. Honestly a wasted slot. Hopefully the book proves me otherwise and I get to like her. 

Havok -  Love to see him here, I honestly like him as a character and I understand that he's got a typical bortherly relationship with Cyclops which means that they often clash. I liike to see him here, unfortunately his presence means Madarox may die, hopefully he's in front of Guido so his sillouette can't bee seen. Otherwise one of the best character in the book won't be here. I also like the fact Monet is still on the team. Don't want to make a paragraph just for that.

Does everyone like how this is playing out or not really?

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorex

This part of the line up is interesting though from the teaser images they are all on different teams. Is X-Factor being brought back into the fold or will they remain independent. One rumor has it that Madrox will die, well for me without Madrox there is no X-Factor. As for the others, AOA Nightcrawler meh. Toad, well we haven't seen much of him lately except in the background it will really depend on how he is written. Icemen, well anything where he can get some more attention I welcome. As for him siding with Wolverine against Scott well it would not be the first time they were on separate teams and frankly we really don't know how Bobby feels because aside from the occasional quip or comment he has barely had any significant on page time in a quite some time. Gambit well as expected he followed Rogue, I don't really see him having a problem with Cyclops' personnel management style. Rogue for me is somewhat of a surprise, yes Cyclops has dumped on her for decisions she has made, partly due to his own over protectiveness regarding Hope, which is odd considering how he pushed other young X-Men (though that is due to a lack of continuity between the various writers and that no one at Marvel really seems to care about continuity, if they did Wolverine would not be on 3-4 teems at the same time but I digress). The real reason Rogue sides with Wolverine has not been revealed yet. Kitty, well no real surprise that she would side with Wolverine over Cyclops, the only surprise is she would leave Peter when he is going through such drastic changes. I suspect Frenzy is still in conflict with herself. She liked who she was in AoX, like it was a better version of herself but is likely to welcome distance between herself and Cyclops. Havok well I agree like many families they certainly love each other but no one can quite get under your skin like family and Havok and Cyclops have demonstrated this many times over the years. No matter what Havok accomplishes Cyclops out does him. Havok plays a major role in a massive intergalactic war where the fate of trillions hang in the balance yet back home and I am only guessing here but the only place for him would be as an adviser to his older brother and probably not as trusted as others like Kitty, Rogue or even Bobby for that matter. Going his own way is probably a good idea for Havok and doesn't shake up things like others choosing one side over another.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mutant God

I like that Lockheed is with Kitty

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ReVamp
    @lorex said:
    This part of the line up is interesting though from the teaser images they are all on different teams. Is X-Factor being brought back into the fold or will they remain independent. One rumor has it that Madrox will die, well for me without Madrox there is no X-Factor. As for the others, AOA Nightcrawler meh. Toad, well we haven't seen much of him lately except in the background it will really depend on how he is written. Icemen, well anything where he can get some more attention I welcome. As for him siding with Wolverine against Scott well it would not be the first time they were on separate teams and frankly we really don't know how Bobby feels because aside from the occasional quip or comment he has barely had any significant on page time in a quite some time. Gambit well as expected he followed Rogue, I don't really see him having a problem with Cyclops' personnel management style. Rogue for me is somewhat of a surprise, yes Cyclops has dumped on her for decisions she has made, partly due to his own over protectiveness regarding Hope, which is odd considering how he pushed other young X-Men (though that is due to a lack of continuity between the various writers and that no one at Marvel really seems to care about continuity, if they did Wolverine would not be on 3-4 teems at the same time but I digress). The real reason Rogue sides with Wolverine has not been revealed yet. Kitty, well no real surprise that she would side with Wolverine over Cyclops, the only surprise is she would leave Peter when he is going through such drastic changes. I suspect Frenzy is still in conflict with herself. She liked who she was in AoX, like it was a better version of herself but is likely to welcome distance between herself and Cyclops. Havok well I agree like many families they certainly love each other but no one can quite get under your skin like family and Havok and Cyclops have demonstrated this many times over the years. No matter what Havok accomplishes Cyclops out does him. Havok plays a major role in a massive intergalactic war where the fate of trillions hang in the balance yet back home and I am only guessing here but the only place for him would be as an adviser to his older brother and probably not as trusted as others like Kitty, Rogue or even Bobby for that matter. Going his own way is probably a good idea for Havok and doesn't shake up things like others choosing one side over another.
    Peter wanted to break up with her from what I hear. Rogue was the original protege if you will, of Wolverine, and they have a good relationship.  I don't know about Madrox though... It is true that Havok already led X factor so, I don't know. I'd still prefer Madrox to take over. 
    I didn't know about Frenzy until AoX. I mean I'm sure I had seen her in one comic or the other, but I never really knew her, if it makes sense.

@Mutant God said:

Meh. Don't care for Lockheed much.
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By jrock85

I hate to see Storm and Gambit on opposite sides.

Nachobomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nachobomber

So no more Angel and no more Wolverine? Kinda bummed if it's just gonna be Psylocke, Fantomex, Deadpool and AOA Nightcrawler.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I'm a little surprised that Colossus would be on Cyclops' team because I thought that he and Wolverine were close friends and I guess that means that we won't be able to see anymore fastball specials since Colossus is not on the team.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @ReVamp said:
    @lorex said:
    Peter wanted to break up with her from what I hear. Rogue was the original protege if you will, of Wolverine, and they have a good relationship.  I don't know about Madrox though... It is true that Havok already led X factor so, I don't know. I'd still prefer Madrox to take over. 
    I didn't know about Frenzy until AoX. I mean I'm sure I had seen her in one comic or the other, but I never really knew her, if it makes sense.

@Mutant God said:

Meh. Don't care for Lockheed much.
    i have to disagree
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By labarith

Uh... the 4 on 4 is an ideological difference - mixing w/ humans, or staying isolated (we believe). 

Wolverine has, what, 1 team?  Wolverine + the x-men, and then 2 "not X-men" teams (X-force, factor) doing their own thing. 

Re:  NC - You're right, he seems to be there pretty much for his powerset... and because they don't want to "go back" to using Vanisher, who is a baddie.  

Re:  Toad - no clue, but I actually hope they just use him as fodder.  Because I want him to get his ass kicked off the team.   

Re:  Legacy - no clue what's going on...

Re:  Iceman... no clue.  But hopefully he can have some character development. 

Re:  Shadowcat is awesome - it's nice to see her w/ Wolverine.  I suspect Collosus is gonna be all influenced now, and doesn't want her near him. 

Re:  Havoc - it is odd to see him back, he best be w/ Polaris still.  Him on X-Factor might not be bad... but it might suggest a return to the 90s X-factor.  No Madrox would be a BIG PROBLEM, by the by. 

Re:   Frenzy - Good god I hate her too!  She is such a boring, stupid, ill defined character.  We don't care about her.  Her powers aren't that interesting.   The only reason she's there is because the writer can do some personal character development on her.  But I'd much rather see a "New X-man" on the team.  :(

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ReVamp
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: She wasn't in a level that Kitty and the other were, since they were closer in age. Maybe protege isn't the word, but she was the first.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReVamp
    @Avenging-X-Bolt
    Hell, maybe I'm wrong. But hey, I'm allowed to be right?
    @Rabbitearsblog said:
    I'm a little surprised that Colossus would be on Cyclops' team because I thought that he and Wolverine were close friends and I guess that means that we won't be able to see anymore fastball specials since Colossus is not on the team.

I'm blaming the Colossaunaught transformation. But I'll get to that in my next blog. =)

@Nachobomber said:
    So no more Angel and no more Wolverine? Kinda bummed if it's just gonna be Psylocke, Fantomex, Deadpool and AOA Nightcrawler.

Seems to be no more angel, but I Wolveirne is on one team. Unless you're referring specifically to X Force in which I think I'd like to see what works out. But I do want Angel back.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @jrock85 said:
    Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Edgeworth_11

It will be interesting to see what Toad is up to. lol another x-villian joins with the ranks of the heroes. i am really looking foward to this :D
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReVamp
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    @jrock85 said:
    I do too, but I'd rather have him next to rogue. And in the next blog you're going to find out that I think that under normal circumstances Magneto, Storm and Colossus all have reasons to find Wolverine's side appealing. Storm is probably the one that has more reason to stay with Scott, Colossus got the Juggernaut so he has an excuse and Magneto is either playing goody two shoes or its for Power balancing. 

@Edgeworth_11 said:
    It will be interesting to see what Toad is up to. lol another x-villian joins with the ranks of the heroes. i am really looking foward to this :D

Yeah, so do I. I hope they do something interesting with him. I'm also really looking forward to this!
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @ReVamp said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt

of course : D
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @ReVamp: I'd just love to see what that reason of Storm's was to side with Scott over Logan and LOL at the goody two shoes comment.

And as for toad ? 

"Toad - no clue, but I actually hope they just use him as fodder.  Because I want him to get his ass kicked off the team."   

I mean like i know he's a really well known X-Villian but he's just useless IMO, aren't there other under used characters that Marvel could have brought in other than him ? like really ? i mean do we really have to go through this ?
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReVamp
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @ReVamp said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt
    OK. Now that my head is clear let me explain what I feel. Because Rogue was kind of older than the others the relation that Wolvie had with here was different, but it was the first Wolvie - X Woman partnership. 

@AgeofHurricane said:
    @ReVamp: I'd just love to see what that reason of Storm's was to side with Scott over Logan and LOL at the goody two shoes comment.

And as for toad ? 

"Toad - no clue, but I actually hope they just use him as fodder.  Because I want him to get his ass kicked off the team."     I mean like i know he's a really well known X-Villian but he's just useless IMO, aren't there other under used characters that Marvel could have brought in other than him ? like really ? i mean do we really have to go through this ?

Yeah. But as for Toad I think that he is a character that hasn't had his share of good writing in the last few years and he definitely deserves it. He's great at being an useless character and I think that he needs to evolve from that. I want him to be kind of like anole, but give him a twist.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @ReVamp: A lot of characters haven't had their share of good writing in the past few years but i have to admit, he's probably one those that haven't even made appearances in like 2 years or something..we'll just have to wait and see how this goes.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @ReVamp said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @ReVamp said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt
    OK. Now that my head is clear let me explain what I feel. Because Rogue was kind of older than the others the relation that Wolvie had with here was different, but it was the first Wolvie - X Woman partnership. 

@AgeofHurricane said:

And as for toad ? 

"Toad - no clue, but I actually hope they just use him as fodder.  Because I want him to get his ass kicked off the team."     I mean like i know he's a really well known X-Villian but he's just useless IMO, aren't there other under used characters that Marvel could have brought in other than him ? like really ? i mean do we really have to go through this ?
    Yeah. But as for Toad I think that he is a character that hasn't had his share of good writing in the last few years and he definitely deserves it. He's great at being an useless character and I think that he needs to evolve from that. I want him to be kind of like anole, but give him a twist.
    @ReVamp said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @ReVamp said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt

@AgeofHurricane said:

And as for toad ? 

ok. that helps me understand a bit better
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ReVamp
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    @ReVamp: A lot of characters haven't had their share of good writing in the past few years but i have to admit, he's probably one those that haven't even made appearances in like 2 years or something..we'll just have to wait and see how this goes.
    He made an appearance in X Men adjectiveless, but it was horrible. Yeah, lets just wait. 
    @Avenging-X-Bolt
    =)
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By John Valentine

Lockheed should have totally sided with Cyclops.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ReVamp
    @John Valentine said:
    Lockheed should have totally sided with Cyclops.
    I has sarcasm detector.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.