Return

• 71 results
#1 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

if  you could have anything return to x-men, what would be and why

a team member, a villian, a story retouched, simliar story, a team, a location, an ideal,  a certain power, a relationship or certain team up,  2 to four characters, change in a certain character or a battle revisted.

What would it be ?

#2 Posted by ahumancartoon (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam X the X-Treme and the whole Summers brothers angle. I'm still at odds about Vulcan being the brother that Sinister mentioned a few years ago.

#3 Posted by Iron Maiden (364 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd want them to never get rid of the metal wings, and have Warren had perminetly turned into Archangel. I'd bring back King Bedlam. I'd never have all the crap that was Endsong and Warsong. That Phoenix crap is stale already. And I would have never killed off Moira. Instead I'd have her out Xavier to his students about all his secrets, because we all know he has a sh!t load more.

#4 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Major retcon: The real Jean was Dark Phoenix and died on the moon, and the Jean they found at the bottom of the ocean :rolleyes: was just another clone. Phoenix: Endsong was just a dream/hallucination/whatever.
Her resurrection was one of the worst retcons ever and destroyed one of the best comic stories ever, so yeah.

Bring back Maggott and Marrow as X-Men, they had awesome and unique powers.

Retire Wolverine from X-Men for a while. He could be in one team: New Avengers and his own titles.

Bring back Mimic as a really badass villain. Take inspiration from Sylar and make him a power-stealing killer.

#5 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Banshee

Bring back Wanda and Quicksilver to the Brotherhood

Bring back Vargas as a mainstay

Bring back Sabretooth and have Wolverine disappear for awhile (like Fesak suggested)

And bring back Forge. Not just as some chump who can get trounced by Bishop. But as the badass inventor he use to be.

#6 Posted by TheDrifter (26556 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Major retcon: The real Jean was Dark Phoenix and died on the moon, and the Jean they found at the bottom of the ocean :rolleyes: was just another clone. Phoenix: Endsong was just a dream/hallucination/whatever.
Her resurrection was one of the worst retcons ever and destroyed one of the best comic stories ever, so yeah.

Bring back Maggott and Marrow as X-Men, they had awesome and unique powers.

Retire Wolverine from X-Men for a while. He could be in one team: New Avengers and his own titles.

Bring back Mimic as a really badass villain. Take inspiration from Sylar and make him a power-stealing killer."
All awesome ideas
#7 Edited by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

^Thanks :)

Yes, Forge. I can't believe he isn't used more.
As i've said in many threads he invented a skrull detector back in the eighties that could detect skrulls even when everything else failed. Why was this overlooked in Secret Invasion?

#8 Posted by Jake Malcom (3255 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Bring back Banshee"
HELL YEAH

I mean the way he died was crap, yea brave in watever but it was as if they said to themselves

"What character has been around for a long time an yet not seen in a while."

*write names down an put in hat*

BANSHEE yes lets do that. Kill hiim off in a poor way of turning a story.
#9 Posted by Jake Malcom (3255 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"^Thanks :)

As i've said in many threads he invented a skrull detector back in the eighties that could detect skrulls even when everything else failed. Why was this overlooked in Secret Invasion?"
Cause Marvels been in dipsh!t mode for the past 10 years for the most part.
#10 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylar villain.

#11 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"^Thanks :)

As i've said in many threads he invented a skrull detector back in the eighties that could detect skrulls even when everything else failed. Why was this overlooked in Secret Invasion?"
All Forge is ever used for these days is to get beat up and his inventions stolen, it's a real shame. Anyway, I'm sure the skrulls took into account Forge's Skruller ID.
#12 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Banshee ]=

And Icarus

And Wallflower

Annnd

that's all
#13 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

They should return rogue, gambit and psylocke to uncanny x-men

return charles to x-men,he could be advisor to cylops or leader of x-men

of course return jean grey

return magneto as well, he appeared in x-men legacy, and house of m, make him a good villian again like the old days.

return juggernaut, sabretooth as villians

return vargas, he was good villian, he nearly killed beast, and killed psylocke, and he stap through heart gambit & rogue, thats a sign of a good villian.

revisted the x-cuitoner song, i would like to see how gambit & rogue got injured and why they were not part of it 

revisted the fight between cable, logan and bishop that was good

revisted what the x-force was doing, when the x-men was looking for scott, jean and cable, we only see sam

retouched new x-men, when scott, emma was having affair, what was jean and the rest of x-men doing at that time how did not know.

revisted the blue and gold team days, the artist should write new storyries like they do originally x-men or jean grey original, have the artwork as good as that.

finally i missed the days when cable was deadpool enemy's, also domino was part of that situation, so was copypcat. so maybe retouched past when its comes to them.

#14 Edited by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:

return magneto as well, he appeared in x-men legacy, and house of m, make him a good villian again like the old days.

They did that in Uncanny #500.

I canceled my subscription.

Villains to just tear up the landscape are a dime a dozen in the X-Verse. Magneto is a unique creation, not only in Marvel but in the mainstream superhero genre. A realistic, and morally ambiguous twist on the classic "sympathetic character gains great powers" archetype.

Why in Gawds name would anyone want to waste that creative potential to shoving him back into the crowd to be boring again?

Oh, and put me down for bringing Banshee back. The last 8 years of his character development blew and he went out like a chump.

The man seriously needs to be redeemed.
#15 Posted by Greystone (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Put Random on X-Factor. Bring back Legion. Keep Jean dead.

#16 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit, psylock and magneto, that's all I want

#17 Posted by TheDrifter (26556 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit, Magneto and Jean

Thats all I want

#18 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Gambit, Magneto and Jean

Thats all I want"
hmm something sounds familiar....
#19 Posted by TheDrifter (26556 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Gambit, psylock and magneto, that's all I want"
TheDrifter said:
"Gambit, Magneto and Jean

Thats all I want"
I don't see it :P
#20 Posted by Greystone (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto was crappy in X-Men 500.  

#21 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
Greystone said:
"Magneto was crappy in X-Men 500.  "
Well yeah... 
#22 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

that wasn't really magneto

#23 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"that wasn't really magneto"
Yes it was.
#24 Edited by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

no is wasn't read the comic again, we would know if it was magneto

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Jubilee

2.Rouge with Ms.Marvel's powers
3.Sabretooth
4.Marrow
5.Northstar
6.Aurora
7.Beast back in his Simeon form
8.Feral
#26 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"no is wasn't read the comic again, we would know if it was magneto"
It's magneto.
#27 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#28 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"time said:
It's magneto."
he's a skrull
#29 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"no"
Why not? How is he not Magneto?
#30 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"John Valentine said:
"time said:
It's magneto."
he's a skrull"
No he's not.
#31 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

a person was dress in suit and it wasn't magneto, i don't have the issue on me at moment, so i let you know who it is, you should read it again  

#32 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
" a person was dress in suit and it wasn't magneto, i don't have the issue on me at moment, so i let you know who it is, you should read it again  "
Are you f$^cking stupid? It's been stated that it was Magneto by Brubaker and Fraction themselves.
#33 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

not in the comic

#34 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

i think your  the stupid one

#35 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"not in the comic"
Yes, because the writers would lie about their work in a formal interview?
#36 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"i think your  the stupid one"
Good for you.
#37 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

you never no, two people don't agree with you let it go

#38 Edited by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"you never no, two people don't agree with you let it go"
I think that if there was a general consensus of X-Men readers on here, the majority would agree that the person featured was Magneto.
#39 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

ok then , you need to read that issue again and see it with your own two eyes

#40 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"ok then , you need to read that issue again and see it with your own two eyes"
I just have: it's Magneto.
What makes you think that it is not?
#41 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

cause i know it not,  i have read the issue before but,  let you know later in week when i have time to read it again

just so you can be sure and i think you should do the same

#42 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"cause i know it not,  i have read the issue before but,  let you know later in week when i have time to read it again

just so you can be sure and i think you should do the same"
..... I've read it and it is Magneto: everything points to it.
#43 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

sure it is

#44 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
time said:
"sure it is"
LOL. You can't read.
#45 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

i think your talking about yourself
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

#46 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

i want Wallflower to return

pheromones are the coolest
#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"i want Wallflower to return
"
Uh Uh...she was horrible.
#48 Posted by Nightwolf3 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit...he is rediculous..or if not at least give him his own series

#49 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"pixelized said:
"i want Wallflower to return
"
Uh Uh...she was horrible."
She didn't have a chance to develop properly...she was cool in new mutants volume 2
#50 Edited by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

In Secret Invasion #5, "Magneto" was shown among the famous people making the Skrull announcement to Earth that they were being invaded.

We don't know if that is the same Magneto we saw in Uncanny #500, but it is possible that he was replaced prior to Uncanny #500 going down. In fact it would explain a great deal about how he was behaving in Uncanny #500, which makes zero sense otherwise.

Think about it.

The X-Men approached the High Evolutionary for his help in re-powering mutants in Endangers Species. If Magneto and the H.E. are trying to repower the mutant race, why would they need to be so adversarial with the X-men? Why would they need to distract them in the first place? And why would Magneto attack the X-men with Sentionels? After 16 million were killed on Genosha in front of his eyes, Magneto using Sentinels to attack mutants would be like Magneto using Hitler to attack Jews. It's just not something he would do. And why did he act like such a factionalistic douche while he was doing it?

Unless, as the Skrulls observed, the mutants are a major threat to their invasion and "Magneto" is a skrulll staying close to the H.E. to sabotage in attempt to repower mutants AND swipe the H.E. research and technology which can only help the skrulls in their shape changing and power replicating. In Uncanny #500, "Magneto" kept ranting about how wrong the X-Men were in order to maintain disorder among the mutants themselves. Mags has street cred as a leader of mutants, and if it is shown that Magneto is *still* siding against the X-Men that will keep the mutant community dived and leaderless against the Skrull invasion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.