Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

replacing xman for new fresh ones

samirerre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By samirerre

the members are old as fawk ,do you guys think it would be a good idea to just let wolverine cyclops and storm and 500 other old aswell xmans and let them live thiere lives

and make charles recruit new fresh mutants,while letting the old xman make small cameos.it could be a good idea,how long are they going to recycle the old guys,

storm was 23-30 when the first issu came in 1963,now its 2012.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Duke_Nasty

No I want the opposite. Im all for new characters but I think there should be 1 X-Men team with the TAS team minus Jubilee and add Colossus, Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde. Don't care if Jeans there. When Marvel makes new characters they should make new teams that aren't called Avengers or X Men and just have 1 of each of those teams.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Osian2

Get rid of all the most popular iconic X-men? Makes total sense.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Osian2 said:

Get rid of all the most popular iconic X-men? Makes total sense.

Yeah, seems like a good idea cause they are all old as fawk.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By karetaker

@Duke_Nasty: lol the way you say it makes me think of the NFL draft or something

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Duke_Nasty

@karetaker: Yea and Hope, Emma, Magik and Namor are Ryan Leaf.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skaddix

Well I would not mind Marvel actually letting characters grow old and retire and stuff of course for that to work for mutants. They need to actually not be below extinction levels.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blood1991

You leave the X-Men alone darn it. Comic characters don't age like real people and when we are all dead and gone Storm, Cyclops and Wolverine will still be saving the world "hopefully"

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9  Edited By lorex

Part of enjoying manistream superhero comics is the suspension of belief in reality. Yes some of the X-Men have been aroung for a while now and if time past realistically they would be old by now but they don't age much
    so its just ond of those thinge you are just going to have to accept as part of enjoying comics. If you cannot do that then maybe comics are not for you.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crimsonlord53

It's being done there called the new mutants.

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Nudeviking

@Crimsonlord53 said:

It's being done there called the new mutants.

And Generation X...and New X-Men...and Young X-Men...and Wolverine & the X-Men...and Generation Hope....and....

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By telepathic666

They try but people only want the ones they know, the x-men have their iconic characters mainly due to the animated series.

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jcbart

Captain America's been around since World War II/the 60's. Pretty sure he should be the first to retire.

samirerre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By samirerre

well i guess it was out of the question to suggest this kind of thing.i guess comics arent really my type,i trully think xman and the rest of marvel arent going anywhere different from what they did 60 years ago.its not really fun to read a comic for years and to know there is no REAL character develpoment.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@jcbart said:

Captain America's been around since World War II/the 60's. Pretty sure he should be the first to retire.

He was even at that point in HoM.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@samirerre said:

well i guess it was out of the question to suggest this kind of thing.i guess comics arent really my type,i trully think xman and the rest of marvel arent going anywhere different from what they did 60 years ago.its not really fun to read a comic for years and to know there is no REAL character develpoment.

Comics aren't really your type ? Then, um, WTF are you doing here ? -____________-

samirerre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By samirerre

i owned few old comics when i was young and after finishing high school i packed all my stuff to my new home,and i discovered these old comics and i felt in love again so i bought some new comics and kept reading them until i had some questiones,and i came to here to get them answered.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Yeah I know what u mean I loved comics then highschool came with sports and hawt chick so comics fell off my to do list but now that I'm moved out have a baby momma I thought I'd start collecting them again but I'm happy they haven't changed you know? I always love cyclops gambit. And well mutants! But I think I would feel less excited about comics if Scott was an old fart shooting lasers it's like they were right where I left them not to mention 1 day for them is technically a month for us and time stops for them in between issues so they can't be that old!!

samirerre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By samirerre

can anyone tell me whats the difference between astonishing xman and other xman type comics?.i dont want to read noncanon comics.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@samirerre said:

can anyone tell me whats the difference between astonishing xman and other xman type comics?.i dont want to read noncanon comics.

The only non-cannon comic in the "X-Franchise" is Ultimate Comics X-Men, there was X-Men Forever, but that's gone now.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AweSam

@Blood1991 said:

You leave the X-Men alone darn it. Comic characters don't age like real people and when we are all dead and gone Storm, Cyclops and Wolverine will still be saving the world "hopefully"

They'll be replaced by Cloudy, Triclops, and Bear.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many of the characters are not that old, going by Marvel time. Storm was only slightly older than Jean, for example, and even Sean would be considered well short of middle age.

I would really like some of the X-Men to retire because part of their problem is that it becomes a situation where it is hard to care about new characters and new classes of trainees when to many readers, the X-Men as a team doesn't stand on it's own - to many people, the X-Men refer to certain popular members, many of whom need to be on the team in order to give certain lineups legitimacy.

I don't think the X-Men could go through a roster change as they did during the Outback Era again since the editorial team seems completely against getting rid of too many popular characters.

I would like to see one good writer be given Claremont's opportunity - that is, write stories for one franchise for a decade to give the stories legitimacy.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @PhoenixoftheTides said:

Many of the characters are not that old, going by Marvel time. Storm was only slightly older than Jean, for example, and even Sean would be considered well short of middle age.

I would really like some of the X-Men to retire because part of their problem is that it becomes a situation where it is hard to care about new characters and new classes of trainees when to many readers, the X-Men as a team doesn't stand on it's own - to many people, the X-Men refer to certain popular members, many of whom need to be on the team in order to give certain lineups legitimacy.

I don't think the X-Men could go through a roster change as they did during the Outback Era again since the editorial team seems completely against getting rid of too many popular characters.

I would like to see one good writer be given Claremont's opportunity - that is, write stories for one franchise for a decade to give the stories legitimacy.

I definitely would like to see this too. I think part of the problems with the current X-Men comics is that there are too many different writers writing the stories and not enough continuity with the characters.  I wouldn't want to see the newer characters replace the older characters since I still love the older characters, but I would like to see more interactions between the older characters and the newer characters, just like they did when they first introduced the new cast of the X-Men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.