Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Relationships Among The X-men

lovelyamy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lovelyamy

Is it me or do the X-men have so many potential relationships that have yet to be reckoned?

I have just finished reading the Onslaught and the Twelve Story lines (since I am a youngster lol) and saw a mutual yet flirty relationship with Storm and Cable. Now I could have misinterpret it but I felt some kind of fling between the two. But this is not the first time I have seen something like this throughout the X-men. There was also the Psylocke and Cyclops fling plus the Jean Grey and Angel fling. But If these characters had things like this in the past why can't writers produce better character development with these aspects? I am not saying disregard current relationships or character development but I do think reminding this generation of past history with certain characters it can fit to make better stories. Take for example what Remender did with Fantomex and Psylocke from Fractions run on Uncanny X-men. So my question is what other couples have a history that have not been reckoned in recent years? You can feel free to express future or potential match ups as well. (hopefully this thread have not already been created).

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

@lovelyamy: The Jean/Angel thing was addressed in X-Men Season One

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By umbrafeline

i think kitty and bobby are getting serious with each other. well thats what i got from an early issue of watxm, before kitty became infested with broodlings in her womb

lovelyamy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lovelyamy

@Gambit1024:You are right. The Jean Grey and Warren Relationship was addressed in X-men Season 1. I forgot to add that some relationships have been addressed or cleared up.

@umbrafeline: You are right the Kitty and Bobby Relationship is a bit fresh. At first I was like no way but if you look at it in a way it could work.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Blood1991

I liked the Storm and Cable flirtation, but a relationship with Cable would be a complete mess for anyone since he is a time travler.

Kitty and Bobby are good together but if Pete found out it would shatter him and the Juggernaut would completly take over him "not cool Kitty to do that".

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

The only thing I hate about Kitty's current relationship with Bobby is that not much development was put into it. If Kitty had expressed that she is completely over Colossus, then I would have bought into Kitty's relationship with Bobby.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By umbrafeline

kitty said that she and piotr cant be together anymore and she said the same thing to wisdom back in the latter days of the original excalibur series

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rickbarry

Kitty and Bobby=Dead Man walking. There's no way the relationship can work.

BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BuddyBulson

@lovelyamy:

Marvel does have a lot on their plate right now with Logan & Scott being D-bags, all the time. I'm excited to see what happens to Chamber and Husk at the school. I want to know what happened to Psylock and Cypher... they had some fling/ connection going on. What about M, Storm, Bishop, all being some how connected? jeeze I need some answers!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @umbrafeline said:

kitty said that she and piotr cant be together anymore and she said the same thing to wisdom back in the latter days of the original excalibur series

Yeah, but Kitty did tell Piotr in Regenesis to call her back, so that's what's confusing me right now.

@Rickbarry said:

I agree. I can see them being good friends, but that's about it, unless their relationship is written well.
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rabbitearsblog: I don't think it can be written well. They would have to change a character to mold with the other better.

The ultimate verse works better as Kitty is totally different than her 616 counterpart.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: I don't think it can be written well. They would have to change a character to mold with the other better.

The ultimate verse works better as Kitty is totally different than her 616 counterpart.

I also agree with this. If Kitty does hook up with Iceman, then would that mean that they would have to downplay her maturity to fit the mold or would they have to make Iceman more mature to suit Kitty?
    umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By umbrafeline

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@umbrafeline said:

Yeah, but Kitty did tell Piotr in Regenesis to call her back, so that's what's confusing me right now.

@Rickbarry said:

I agree. I can see them being good friends, but that's about it, unless their relationship is written well.

has not read regenesis, i think watxm comes after regen

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @umbrafeline: Yeah, Regenesis was made before Watxm and it was explaining about why everyone decided to join Cyclops and Wolverine's team after Schism.  In Regenesis, Kitty was talking to Colossus and asking him why he couldn't stay with her at the Institute and Colossus told her that he didn't want to harm the kids with his new powers and that's where Kitty told him to call her if he's in trouble. But I guess since Regenesis was written by Kieron Gillen and Watxm is written by Jason Aaron, both writers had different opinions about whether or not Colossus and Kitty should stay together.
    Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

Relationships NEVER last in the X-Universe or in real life - SOO instead of writing about relationships and love there should only be comics on killing and survival. maybe the ocasional quickie. case closed.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Relationships NEVER last in the X-Universe or in real life - SOO instead of writing about relationships and love there should only be comics on killing and survival. maybe the ocasional quickie. case closed.

Cause even Mutant heroes need some loving. LMAO

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By umbrafeline

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@umbrafeline: Yeah, Regenesis was made before Watxm and it was explaining about why everyone decided to join Cyclops and Wolverine's team after Schism. In Regenesis, Kitty was talking to Colossus and asking him why he couldn't stay with her at the Institute and Colossus told her that he didn't want to harm the kids with his new powers and that's where Kitty told him to call her if he's in trouble. But I guess since Regenesis was written by Kieron Gillen and Watxm is written by Jason Aaron, both writers had different opinions about whether or not Colossus and Kitty should stay together.

i see

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @IllyanaRasputin said:

This is true unfortunately that relationships, especially in the X-Universe never last, but it would be hard to really like the characters if they don't have any kind of emotion. :D
    Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Silver_Raven

Relationships in the X-books are sadly not explored enough. And the ones that exist are over exposed and over played to some extent. Other romances just make no sense or come off contrived.

The problem is that writers don't invest in character development in the first places just plot devices and marketing ploys, so actual human interactions are ignored to focus on conflicts and action scenes. It also doesn't help with rosters changing frequently and characters disappearing into limbo.

New Mutants has both action and romance. They even had Mephisto go out with Magma in one issue so why can't we have more fun and lighthearted stories like that in other books. There enough books where character development can get the focus. The new Astonishing X-men already has promised a few things with a wedding announcement and other characters flirting with new romances.

UXM and WATXM also seem to hinting at new relationship to come so hopefully after AvX, the stories will become more optimistic and light. And maybe we will finally get some x-babies!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Silver_Raven said:

Relationships in the X-books are sadly not explored enough. And the ones that exist are over exposed and over played to some extent. Other romances just make no sense or come off contrived.

The problem is that writers don't invest in character development in the first places just plot devices and marketing ploys, so actual human interactions are ignored to focus on conflicts and action scenes. It also doesn't help with rosters changing frequently and characters disappearing into limbo.

New Mutants has both action and romance. They even had Mephisto go out with Magma in one issue so why can't we have more fun and lighthearted stories like that in other books. There enough books where character development can get the focus. The new Astonishing X-men already has promised a few things with a wedding announcement and other characters flirting with new romances.

UXM and WATXM also seem to hinting at new relationship to come so hopefully after AvX, the stories will become more optimistic and light. And maybe we will finally get some x-babies!

I agree with all this! I also want to see an X-Baby come for once!
    Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nudeviking

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Silver_Raven said:

I agree with all this! I also want to see an X-Baby come for once!

Ask and ye shall receive!

X-Babies 3
    X-Babies 3
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By jrock85

@Silver_Raven said:

This is absolutely beautiful.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @jrock85 said:

@Silver_Raven said:

This is absolutely beautiful.

Definitely.
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By CATPANEXE

@lovelyamy said:

I have just finished reading the Onslaught and the Twelve Story lines...

I'm sorry for your loss. Don't worry, most of it get's swept under the rug at some point, pretty much all of the Twelve especially...

(note: mentioning Onslaught and romance in the same instance *shudders*)

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- It would be nice if they just allowed someone other than the same 5 or 6 people actually have a social life

- Anyone notice that of all the x-kids, most of them have never dated each other? How do you reign in raging mutant hormones considering they are trapped in the same house all the time

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @WarMachineMarkV said:

- It would be nice if they just allowed someone other than the same 5 or 6 people actually have a social life

- Anyone notice that of all the x-kids, most of them have never dated each other? How do you reign in raging mutant hormones considering they are trapped in the same house all the time

LOL!! That is so true!
    Anodyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Anodyne

@BuddyBulson said:

@lovelyamy:

I want to know what happened to Psylock and Cypher... they had some fling/ connection going on.

I think Cypher had a crush on Psylocke when they first met (Why not? He was a teenage boy when she suddenly appeared before him stark naked), but I'm not sure she felt anything but big-sisterly fondness for him. And gratitude because he helped her and Brian out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.