Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Recommendations for a newbie.

superdiogenes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi guys,

Brand new here, have tried a few other comic book forums but have pretty much been met with tumble weeds.

I've just recently gotten back into the world of X-Men (when I was younger I collected the cards and watched the shows). To date, I've read X-Men: Schism and Astonishing X-Men Ultimate Collection Book 1 and am about to start on Book 2. I would love some recommendations on where the more seasoned readers think I should go to from there.

I'm re-connecting with the characters as I go along, picking up bits and pieces from wiki searches when I come across a character that I've not been introduced to and why they're in the story arc. Is it worth carrying on with Astonishing X-men after Joss Whedon's arc? Do I grab Ghost Box and go from there?

Am really keen on some direction as internet research can only take me so far without the opinions of others who have a better understanding of specific series than myself.

Happy to provide anymore info in order to steer me in the right direction!

Big thanks!

vegtubl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdiogenes:

Unsure whether or not this response will mean anything to you, but obviously, you must do yourself a favor: return to the roots and find the nearest Days of Future Past.

Although it speaks for itself, I must say it both sparked my love for the X-Men and proved that some graphic novels are utterly timeless.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdiogenes: yuck i hate ghost box. there is house of m, messiah complex, second coming, avx and bota

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.