Recommend X-Men Stories?

#1 Posted by saoakden (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men have been around for years and have been coming out with a NUMBER OF BOOKS. That being a case, there has been a number of X-Men stories released over the years. So far out of all the X-Men stories I read a number of X-men Stories. I have read Second Coming, RIck Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force up to issue 24 (Only because I just bought the trades/Hardcovers), the Curse of Mutants, Wolverine: Origin, and Magneto Testament. I've been wondering what other older or more recent stories have been good reads. If anyone can think of any or put any down, that be awesome.

#2 Edited by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

Some big ones I love are

The Dark Phoenix Saga

Mutant Massacre

Fatal Attractions

#3 Posted by blazinasian112 (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@saoakden: the ones recommended are all solid (Dark Phoenix especially). For recent stories Messiah Complex (superb) and Messiah War (pretty good) are recommended and precede Second Coming. Nation X and Utopia are also pretty good. Older stories are X-cutioner's Song, Days of Future Past, Age of Apocalypse.

#4 Posted by saoakden (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I have heard those stories were really popular back in the day. I'll be sure to read them when ever I can.

@blazinasian112: I've been wanting to read Messiah Complex for a long time now. I read Second Coming first because it was really cheap on amazon and I got a really good deal out of it. I'll be sure to read the other stories when ever I buy them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.