Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Recent Subjects- (STILL) Secret Wars Edition 2 (SPOILERS)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yea haven't done this in while....

You know the rules....but in case you forgot- Give a short review and your opinions on this months X-title list (and/or the latest issue of any other X-titles you may be reading) as well as any NEWS, Rumors, or Grievances involving the latest books.

Secret Wars Books-

Last Days of Magneto- Issues 18, 19 ,20 & 21

Secret Wars - Issues 1- 8

E is for Extinction - Issues 1 - 3

House of M- Issue 1

Inferno- Issues- 1- 4

Old Man Logan - #1- 3

X-Men '92- #1- 4

Xtinction Agenda- #1-4

Years of Futures Past - #1- 4

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Koays

House of M issue 1- Pure gold. Honestly this gives the feel of an ongoing rather then a tie-in and by the end of the first scene I was thinking this was an awesome way to continue the Magneto solo. Artwork was solid, with a slight exception to the lack of focus in the bar fight...but what your really here for is the family and the breakfeast scene despite appearing as fluff is arguably one of the better uses of fluff i've seen. To anyone who likes House Magnus, and wants to see the dynamic this is it, because it not only touches on what we expect but also gives glimpes into Lorna's role in the family. 8.5/10 because you'll forget it's part of BattleWorld and actually want more of the plot.

Inferno Issue 4- Cyclops, Illyana, Jean Grey, Colossus, Madelyn Prior and Mr, Freakin Sinister. in one issue. Smh, why can't we have nice stuff like this in the 616? Story is kind of dragged down by the doom and gloom that every Battleworld title has sort of devolved into at this point...but on it's own it's pretty strong and really builds on it's own elements as opposed to the additional stuff from the original Event, which is good seeing as were four issues in at this point and the plot has moved a lot. 7/10 only because after reading a few other battle world titles you sort of get numbed to the real impact that epic moments like Kurt's Bamf in and out moment should have.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that was a fun issue indeed. I know it's kidna out of place, but Gladiator?! Really? lmao

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: lol just realized that. Luke Cage is all "Maybe we are dinosaurs compared to the mutants!" and Gladiator is just like "Dude i'm from a race more advanced then all of you..."

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: when E for extinction 3 coming out

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Koays
    adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

lol just realized that. Luke Cage is all "Maybe we are dinosaurs compared to the mutants!" and Gladiator is just like "Dude i'm from a race more advanced then all of you..."

Even without saying anything he was like "what the f@ck am I doing here? I am a goddamn superman, I can mess the whole world up all by myself." This was really bizarre lol

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Not extremely recent or secret wars, but i finally read uncanny x-men 35.... seriously what the hell was Bendis thinking? o.o He introduced the issue with this clearly troubled mutant girl who is confronting her pedophile father, and then Morph gets through to her like she is about to open up and then Goldballs just hits her with a ton of balls... then they just never mention her again. That is fucking horrible... like really it was just depressing and stopped me from enjoying the rest of the issue that wasn't that good anyway.... I hope they get back to her in a later issue but since Bendis is leaving probably not which is super shitty and needlessly bleak. /rant

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: HA! Honestly i feel like everything after the last issue of "Will of Xavier" was just like Bendis having a flip out. It's like he was playing GTA and died a bunch of times so he just started spamming the tank code. I mean seriously, Magik finds out Scott's disbanding his team and decides to go save a mutant with Kitty....wait, how the frick did she even know there was a mutant in trouble? Dazzler dresses up as Cyclops to tell Mystique she's a bad person...ok, wait how the frick did she know where Mystique was? The New Xavier kids get fed up with the adults and decide to form their own superhero team...and then it blows up in their faces..well thats cool but weren't they with Dazzler? And how come nobody went looking for them? I just....ugh...

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Bendis is mad about Ultimate going and is putting his frustrations into bad writing.

Or maybe he's in a rut, but can't get enough time off to get over it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeshi55: I used to think that he was just overwhelmed myself, since including producing a TV show he was writing 6 books and had creative input on 2 others. It made sense that his pacing was slow and his issues were drawn out.

But it's know excuse when he does things like the nonsense of making Dark Beast the villain attacking Cyke because "everyone thought it was Beast, so it would be a great twist if it was but it wasn't" and then defending it like it was the idea of the century. I mean that and the whole "I'm not going to write the page explaining why Exodus is in the issue that he gets killed in because only 11 people care" sort of burnt me out on excusing him.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the problem with many comic book writers; they get overwhelmed, then get a HUGE ego. This is why one writer shouldn't be responsible for so many books, as they tend to think their work is superior and they just drag the quality of the books they're working on way down.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teerack
    @takeshi55 said:

This is the problem with many comic book writers; they get overwhelmed, then get a HUGE ego. This is why one writer shouldn't be responsible for so many books, as they tend to think their work is superior and they just drag the quality of the books they're working on way down.

It's more that creative owned comics have changed the way creators see the big two comics. They only write for the big two any more to make themselves a brand so when they do creative owned stuff they can make a ton of money and have a following so they tend to not care as much about the properties they write when its something for dc or marvel. Scott Snyder has even come out and said he's made "way more money" on his creator owned series Wytches then he has on his ENTIRE Batman run which is nuts. That's why Bendis promotes Powers so much.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're only in it for the (lack of) money.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Bendis signed exclusively with Marvel this year?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be really happy if they used Secret Wars to bring back Xorn. Cause there is a Xorn in E is for Extinction.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.