Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

REASONS: FOR CYCLOPS BEING A DOUCHE BAG

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fabulosity

1. He Pouted and Whined on the Original X-Men

No Caption Provided

Reason: On a team with a funny charming guy, a brilliant guy and a super rich guy, the one woman on the team (Jean Grey) decides that she loves you. The obvious answer to this is to spend all your time moping around and being a drag. ROFL

2. He was a total dick to his teammates on the All New X-Men

No Caption Provided

Reason: Cyclops’ leadership abilities consist of lamenting the fact that all the “old” X-Men decided to dump his ass and making fun of his new teammates. He probably should have gotten some books on tape to help with that issue. What a DOUCHE BAG.

3. Jean Grey Dies For the First (of Many) Times and Cyclops is Immediately Hitting the Town

No Caption Provided

Reason : Well Jean may have died in a horrific accident piloting a space shuttle, but I obviously need to move on and start seeing other people. What a type of GUY.

4. Jean Grey Dies Again (AGAIN), Cyclops Mourns by Making Time with a Blonde

No Caption Provided

Reason: My girlfriend just died for the second time in a year’s span. Guess its time to jump back on the relationship horse! What a lovely MAN.

5. Cyclops Dates (and Marries) a Woman Who Looks Like His Dead Girlfriend

No Caption Provided

Reason: It isn’t creepy at all to date and marry a woman who is a clone of your dead girlfriend. Not.at.all. What a CREEPIEST GUY.

6. Cyclops Abandons His Young Bride To Take Back Leadership of the X-Men

No Caption Provided

Reason: Cyclops is a lone wolf and a rebel so he isn’t going to settle down and help raise a family. Instead he has to stir the pot and try to take back leadership of the X-Men. Spoiler: He loses. What a LOSER.

7. Cyclops Abandons His Young Wife and Child Once He Realizes that Jean Grey is Alive (Again)

No Caption Provided

Reason: So Cyclops attempts to construct a new life with his wife Madelyn and son Nathan. However, one word that Jean Grey might be alive drives him to abandon his family and shack up again with his long dead paramour. What a nice GUY.

8. Cyclops Shows As Much Emotion As A Dead fish When Madelyn Pryor Dies

No Caption Provided

Reason: Madelyn Pryor has joined with the All New X-Men (led by Storm) and is thought to be dead. She then, of course, dies. Cyclops, manages to treat these events with all the excitement of getting the weather report. What an A**

9. Cyclops Finally Marries Jean Grey

No Caption Provided

Reason: This needs to be noted because it is one of the few decent things that Cyclops has ever done in his life. Of course, he immediately screws that up. What an A@@HOLE.

10. Cyclops Cheats on His Wife With Her Arch-Nemesis Emma Frost

No Caption Provided

Reason: Cyclops believes that his his relationship with Jean Grey has grown stagnant. The solution? Make time with her worst enemy. What a CHEATER.

11. Jean Grey Dies (AGAIN) and Cyclops Makes His Relationship with Emma Frost Official

No Caption Provided

Reason: Nothing says mourning like officially becoming an item with your dead wife’s most hated enemy and basically alienating all your friends in he process. What a STUPID guy.

12. Cyclops Likes Others to Do His Dirty Work

No Caption Provided

Reason: In order to keep his hands clean, Cyclops sanctions Wolverine and a group of bloodthirsty X-Men to kill threats to the mutant community. Of course, he tries to disavow any involvement. What a dirty BASTARD.

13. Cyclops Once Again Betrays a Lady Love

No Caption Provided

Reason: Romeo that he is, Cyclops destroys his latest relationship by stabbing Emma Frost in the back and stealing the the superpowers she has recently acquired. What a SCUM-BAG.

14. Cyclops Hates Authority Figures, Kills Mentor

No Caption Provided

Reason: Cyclops hits rock bottom and kills his Professor X. What a MURDERER and HERO.

15. Cyclops Wonders Why World Does Not Love Him

No Caption Provided

Reason: This panel kind of sums of Cyclops’ delusion that the world is all about him all the time. What a MORON.

Now, this doesn't make him FABULOUS.

I liked him, but ever since he change, I despise him.

Yes, and you guys want FACTS and DETAILS to argue point? Here it is. Your Hero DOUCHE BAG. And don't expect me to answer your post because this was created so people can see of what DOUCHE BAG Cyclops is. He's WRONG and never RIGHT. So have fun in this FABULOUS thread.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GUILTY!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be fun. Though i wish this list was original

1. Can't possibly figure out why a 16 year old who's parents died and was abused mentally and physically and who can't even look at his girlfriend without optic blasting her through a wall would be sad. Doesn't make sense to me.
    2. The guy who usually has everything together and likes to offer words of wisdom in times like these is quiet and moping.....hmm let him sulk or get him riled up and distracted from his problems...it's called troop moral
    3. Completely out of context.
    4. He was freaking shipwrecked. and again out of context.
    5. When this woman looks like your ex and is created by a man who's sole goal in life is to breed you and examine your genes for his scientific purposes...i don't think theres much choice.
    6. He was trained from childhood to lead the X-Men. He led the X-Men through every major event of his life....why he would think he could continue doing the only thing that he's ever done with his life during the next chapter of his life is mystery only to those with logic gaps.
    7. Out of context. But yea when Reed Richards says the woman you loved and thought committed suicide is now alive and asking to see you....don't you think you might check it out? The problem here is that it took so long for him to go back...to which i say that may have been a douche move.
    8. He just found out she was a clone created as breeding stock for the sole purpose of having experimenting on his offspring....read the book.
    9. Most Awesome moment in X-Men for a long time.
    10. Possession and mindrape by Apocalypse, Jean being abrasive, and Emma Frost using 'therapy' as an excuse for this vague TP affair are all factors that make this much more complicated then "he cheated".
    11. Jean Grey sent a telepathic command to his mind that ordered him to live, otherwise he'd have abandoned Emma...smh read the book
    12. He assembled a team with skills that best suited the job. He was with them every step of the way. And he personally killed one of there Donald Pierce in front of the X-Men during Second Coming....your point is invalid.
    13. He was possessed, under attack, and emotionally unstable when she told him she engaged in another vague psychic affair and offered to let him "taste namor" or some other such nonsense.....your point?
    14. Everything i just said in the last one PLUS a psychic attack that made him more unstable....but I guess we'll ignore the panel where he comes to his senses and asks for them to kill him
    15. He just got imprisoned after the Avengers provoked a reaction from him that he was trying everything in his power to avoid. Before any of that he had lost friends and allies because of what he was willing to sacrifice for the few people of his kind left...and even then he begged people to stay by his side so that they can keep him from losing himself while he took on this task.

Fact is if you read more comics instead of googling "Cyclops is bad" you might get a better feel for the character. By know means is he 100% right. By no means is he the most moral person. But to say that this character who is defined by his service toward another mans dream is selfish or self serving makes me question the validity of your complaints.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I found this pretty interesting.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

This will be fun. Though i wish this list was original

1. Can't possibly figure out why a 16 year old who's parents died and was abused mentally and physically and who can't even look at his girlfriend without optic blasting her through a wall would be sad. Doesn't make sense to me.

2. The guy who usually has everything together and likes to offer words of wisdom in times like these is quiet and moping.....hmm let him sulk or get him riled up and distracted from his problems...it's called troop moral

3. Completely out of context.

4. He was freaking shipwrecked. and again out of context.

5. When this woman looks like your ex and is created by a man who's sole goal in life is to breed you and examine your genes for his scientific purposes...i don't think theres much choice.

6. He was trained from childhood to lead the X-Men. He led the X-Men through every major event of his life....why he would think he could continue doing the only thing that he's ever done with his life during the next chapter of his life is mystery only to those with logic gaps.

7. Out of context. But yea when Reed Richards says the woman you loved and thought committed suicide is now alive and asking to see you....don't you think you might check it out? The problem here is that it took so long for him to go back...to which i say that may have been a douche move.

8. He just found out she was a clone created as breeding stock for the sole purpose of having experimenting on his offspring....read the book.

9. Most Awesome moment in X-Men for a long time.

10. Possession and mindrape by Apocalypse, Jean being abrasive, and Emma Frost using 'therapy' as an excuse for this vague TP affair are all factors that make this much more complicated then "he cheated".

11. Jean Grey sent a telepathic command to his mind that ordered him to live, otherwise he'd have abandoned Emma...smh read the book

12. He assembled a team with skills that best suited the job. He was with them every step of the way. And he personally killed one of there Donald Pierce in front of the X-Men during Second Coming....your point is invalid.

13. He was possessed, under attack, and emotionally unstable when she told him she engaged in another vague psychic affair and offered to let him "taste namor" or some other such nonsense.....your point?

14. Everything i just said in the last one PLUS a psychic attack that made him more unstable....but I guess we'll ignore the panel where he comes to his senses and asks for them to kill him

15. He just got imprisoned after the Avengers provoked a reaction from him that he was trying everything in his power to avoid. Before any of that he had lost friends and allies because of what he was willing to sacrifice for the few people of his kind left...and even then he begged people to stay by his side so that they can keep him from losing himself while he took on this task.

Fact is if you read more comics instead of googling "Cyclops is bad" you might get a better feel for the character. By know means is he 100% right. By no means is he the most moral person. But to say that this character who is defined by his service toward another mans dream is selfish or self serving makes me question the validity of your complaints.

thank you

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guilty. Since everything is on panels. This can't be denied. I'm sorry... can someone pls hang him lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And can we get a mod lock on this? The poster has said they won't be responding and it's only purpose is to cause dispute rather then actual debate over the character or even the context in which this evidence has been presented.

And no i'm not fanboying. But it's like me saying Batman is a jerk and then posting a video of him punching an old lady. Without explaining why he punched her or who she is.

Loading Video...
    Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sky_Fire
    No Caption Provided

What a real Douche Bag cause no matter what Still, Wolverine loved her.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@fabulosity: Lol wow...When you sum these instances up Scott is looking like the scumbag d$%& of the century!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Fallschirmjager

It might be a combination of me being sick and/or tired but as someone who doesn't really care one way or the other about Cyclops, this thread has me laughing in tears.

You had me from reason 1.

Bravo sir. Bravo. 10/10

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I give you 2/10 on the troll attempt and I'm being generous here.

Snurks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew this was going to happen.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Dumb thread.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Lol, not taking the bait.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Fabulously Dumb thread.

Fixed.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Hey TC. You should check out the chat bubbles with words in them while looking at the pictures in all those X-Men books. They're quite informative as they explain the books' stories a lot better than just the pictures.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
    deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cattlebattle  Online

@koays: He copied this from another site and the whole article is tongue in cheek as almost all the examples are taken out of context.

Divine_Grundy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha, that was fun.

Gazerbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VERY FUN.

DOOOOUUUUCHE BAAAAAG.

GUILTY And those fans just don't want to admit the panels. I read comic and trust me that he is one just as describe here. Lol Not bad

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BullPR  Online

@Fallschirmjager: and @THUNDERBOLT30: No. Terrible post.

Rebuttal below:

@fabulosity said:

1. He Pouted and Whined on the Original X-Men: TRUE, and during years he was painfully annoying

2. He was a total dick to his teammates on the All New X-Men: Wrong, he was quite a good leader, and yes, Storm took his place, but after an interesting process

3. Jean Grey Dies For the First (of Many) Times and Cyclops is Immediately Hitting the Town: Wrong, see below

4. Jean Grey Dies Again (AGAIN), Cyclops Mourns by Making Time with a Blonde: I guess people believing that didn't read the dark phoenix saga in real time. The death of Jean Grey was a SHOCK. Cyclops AND the readers were trying to get over it. (In the 80s, characters that died tend to stay dead)

5. Cyclops Dates (and Marries) a Woman Who Looks Like His Dead Girlfriend: yes, with a lot of rumors at the time that she was indeed Jean Grey (the phoenix was more or less seen by different x-men at the same time Madleyne made her first appearances), but it was finally confirmed by the editors and writers that she was not Jean Grey and this wedding was an happy ending for everybody.

6. Cyclops Abandons His Young Bride To Take Back Leadership of the X-Men: did you hear about something call the sense of duty?? Again, normal behavior by Cyclops (up to this point, how he reacted to Jean Grey's death, from rebuilding his life to going back being an X-man was solid, consistent and well written)

7. Cyclops Abandons His Young Wife and Child Once He Realizes that Jean Grey is Alive (Again): this didn't make any sense at the time (I was a teenager) and even less now, 25 years letter. Jean Grey should have stayed dead. Her coming back was pure BS. The biggest one for me in the history of the comics, and I'm not surprised that Cyclops acted out of character to this stupid resurrection. Marvel screw up in a big way here, so if you want to be upset it's normal, but target the good persons: Marvel editorial office, not the character. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

8. Cyclops Shows As Much Emotion As A Dead fish When Madelyn Pryor Dies: read Inferno!! Very good storyline, made be interested to the x-men after the BIG failure described above.

9. Cyclops Finally Marries Jean Grey: Ok.

10. Cyclops Cheats on His Wife With Her Arch-Nemesis Emma Frost: read the comics!

11. Jean Grey Dies (AGAIN) and Cyclops Makes His Relationship with Emma Frost Official: start of one of the most interesting relationship in Marvel. Best showing for Emma in my opinion. She finally got my attention outside being the white queen and the head of the Hellions.

12. Cyclops Likes Others to Do His Dirty Work: good for him. I LOVE this part of the X-men saga. Finally, finally Cyclops is the leader I wanted him to be since decades. Best reading for me since the early 90s.

13. Cyclops Once Again Betrays a Lady Love: read the comics!

14. Cyclops Hates Authority Figures, Kills Mentor: seriously, READ THE COMICS!!

15. Cyclops Wonders Why World Does Not Love Him: I wonder too. If your OP is the base of all the hate around cyclops well it's disappointing: a mix of out of context scan, mis-interpretation, mis-information, and even non sense BS.

Only terrible, almost unforgivable act: leaving behind his wife and kids when jean Grey came back. But that was the worst comics writing in the history of the comics, and it was 25 years ago now, so we have to move on from that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.