Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Reading all the X-men titles

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xmentas

Not exactly ALL of them, but I'm currently reading Uncanny and plan on reading the important ones thereafter (like astonishing). I started last month and am currently on 183, though I'm not even sure if im doing this right with MARVEL NOW coming out soon, it doesn't change the story right? Leaves me confused.

What I'm trying to ask: Is it worth reading the entire Uncanny series?

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xmentas

Should also add that i'm not planning on reading any of the X-men series out of the main storyline (like Ultimate which ended up killing off half the characters anyways).

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

The entire Uncanny series is one of the most convoluted comic series ever...good luck.

I believe Marvel Now is just rearranging current events, the characters pasts and histories will remain intact

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By Teerack

Astonishing is easily the least important and most insignificant.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xmentas

@cattlebattle: Well so far it seems okay. Other than the fact that Prof X has died like 4 times already and I can't even remember what the 2nd time was for, I expect it to be okay till around Cable comes along?

: How so?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6  Edited By McKlayn

they are good reads, and all the history stays in tact. Marvel now doesn't screw anything up, enjoy and good luck though that is ALOT of reading

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
    @xmentas said:

@cattlebattle: Well so far it seems okay. Other than the fact that Prof X has died like 4 times already and I can't even remember what the 2nd time was for, I expect it to be okay till around Cable comes along?

Yup, haha, see, its already getting confusing...by the time Cable comes along there is like 4 different X-related series running adjacently...so no, it gets really confusing...its good stuff, my favorite characters personally, just a bit hard to follow.
    xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xmentas

@McKlayn: thanks they're great so far!

@cattlebattle: No kidding! X-force, X-factor, X-men, and __? Just for the record im on 186 and New Mutants is also going on, ay caramba! I'm sticking to the stories involving most of the original X-men

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle
    \@xmentas said:

@McKlayn: thanks they're great so far!

@cattlebattle: No kidding! X-force, X-factor, X-men, and __? Just for the record im on 186 and New Mutants is also going on, ay caramba! I'm sticking to the stories involving most of the original X-men

well, yeah. Cable shows up around the time of X-Tinction Agenda, at that time there is Uncanny X-men who are all broken up and scattered at that time due to Siege Perilous and whatnot, X-Factor, New Mutants and Wolverine solo series. The problem is all the X-men and main story lines weave in and out of those books.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10  Edited By McKlayn

I love the x men series and X men stories so much, that is one of the problems with the X titles though, they bounce off each other alot (which is enjoyable and gives an great fill of importance to story lines) but that pretty much means you have to buy ALL the X titles, which in turn means (if your short on money like me) you can't really branch out into other great titles that may be out there.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

Haha. I attempted and still am attempting to read all of Uncanny X-Men / X-Men series & let me tell you it's hard trying to collect and read ALL of the issues, but it's definitely worth it!!! Try and stick with the main story lines - I mean I'm a big Emma Frost fan so I tried sticking to story lines that revolved around her and the Hellfire Club so basically I've collected Uncanny X-Men #129 (The Dark Phoenix Saga) and on (major story arcs) and then some fun favourties like when Illyana gets kidnapped by Belasco! (Uncanny X-Men #160) You ALSO should definitely collect the Inferno story arc. What a fun time the X-Men had with that.

And also to boot - The New Mutants; vol. 1, vol. 2 & even vol. 3 are fun comics to read - there are some crossovers with the Uncanny X-Men & X-Men comic books, but the New Mutants aree a fun group to fallow along in the Marvel Universe and I totally fell in love with each and every character. Those comics are also A LOT easier to find and A LOT cheaper than most of the Uncanny X-Men comics.

But like I said before, try sticking with major story arcs like The Dark Phoenix Saga, Days of Future Past,Inferno, Secret Invasion, Phalanx Covenant, House of M (more recent but still), Decimation, Messiah CompleX, Second Coming, AND read Grant Morrison's New X-Men (2001 series). By far one of my favourties, and NO not just because that's when Emma Frost officially joined the X-Men. ^_^ (jokes that is why).

AND if you want to stir away from Uncanny X-Men, New X-Men vol. 2 deals with the student characters if you want to read / get introduced by other characters. (I definitely recommend New X-Men vol. 2, some of my favourite characters are in this series). AND also Generation X (although old) the comics are a fun read as well.

Also, if you want X-Men vol. 2 (2004), (continued from Grant Morrison's New X-Men) starting at X-Men #157 and ending with #207 I believe (ending of the series is part of the Messiah CompleX arc. But X-Men vol. 2 leads into X-Men Legacy) is a really good read, it brings in a fun X-Team and if you're a fan of Lady Mastermind (Regan) you'll enjoy it.

Anyway, I'll try to stop trying to convert you into buying my comic book collection haha. But I hope this helps! :D

PS. If I've confused you here's a link; ( http://marvel.wikia.com/X-Men_Vol_2 ) that goes from; X-Men Vol. 2 --> New X-Men --> Vol 2. Cont. --> X-Men Legacy

^^ right now i'm in the middle of collection #51-#113. Lol.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#12  Edited By Teerack

@xmentas: Besides the wedding nothing that happens in astonishing seems to matter outside astonishing.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xmentas

@IllyanaRasputin: Don't worry about collecting! I got the DVD online set from Amazon. It's got #1-400 on disc so I just read them through comicrack. Plus i'm subscribed to MDCU so I can read the rest there

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@xmentas: Haha. Well look at you go... :P WELL I like collecting so shhh ;) But yes. Read them! And make sure to read the major story lines I listed and some of the Non-Uncanny X-Men titles!

Avatar image for thematthewpryor
    theMatthewPryor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By theMatthewPryor

I'm planning on jumping on collecting X-Men with the Marvel Now! Titles but wante to get some backstory of I could, an have picked up X-Men Season 1 on Comixology along with Schism issues 1-5. Planning on also picking up Dark Phoenix Saga, House of M, Messiah Complex, Secind Coming along with all the Uncanny X-Men, Wolverie and the X-Men and Avengers vs X-Men single issues. Is there anything else I should pick up as a completely new reader?

cbnnexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cbnnexus

@theMatthewPryor said:

I'm planning on jumping on collecting X-Men with the Marvel Now! Titles but wante to get some backstory of I could, an have picked up X-Men Season 1 on Comixology along with Schism issues 1-5. Planning on also picking up Dark Phoenix Saga, House of M, Messiah Complex, Secind Coming along with all the Uncanny X-Men, Wolverie and the X-Men and Avengers vs X-Men single issues. Is there anything else I should pick up as a completely new reader?

You'll get some of the best stuff from Inferno, Mutant Massacre, and even X-Cutioner's Song. A lot happened in those storylines that matter later on. Remember to pick up the Phoenix Saga too, not just the Dark Phoenix Saga.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.