Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Random: But what ever happened to Stevie Hunter?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

Do you remember Stevie-- Kitty's dance instructor? I know she isn't important, but whatever happened to her? One day she was there, and then there was no mention of her ever again. I thought she was an interesting supporting character for Kitty.

The last comicvine shows of her was at Jean and Scott's wedding. That can't be her last appearance. Is it?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Alonso isn't a fan of minority supporting cast members featuring in leading titles.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Daycrawler

@AgeofHurricane said:

Alonso isn't a fan of minority supporting cast members featuring in leading titles.

Eh? Sez who?

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the X-Mansion getting blown up for the 74th time, would you live or work there? Having no powers and a ton of graves in the backyard would make me find another job pronto.

To be honest she never had a major role or impact so future writers probably just did not want to use her and sent her to comic book limbo

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By poisonfleur

@Brazen_Intellect said:

After the X-Mansion getting blown up for the 74th time, would you live or work there? Having no powers and a ton of graves in the backyard would make me find another job pronto.

To be honest she never had a major role or impact so future writers probably just did not want to use her and sent her to comic book limbo

LOL^ This answer seems to make the most sense.

Poor Stevie. She was likable. Didn't wanna end up dead like Moria.... lol Jaaayy Kaayyyy!!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By papad1992

@poisonfleur said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

LOL^ This answer seems to make the most sense.

Poor Stevie. She was likable. Didn't wanna end up dead like Moria.... lol Jaaayy Kaayyyy!!

Anyone else notice the lack of supporting cast members nowadays!? I was reading the X-tinction Agenda story and noticed how back then there were a lot more supporting cast characters in stories! Weird how that changed. Maybe it's because of the army sized X-Men roster that it now comprises of!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992:

With all the constant change in the titles from the Marvel event-a-thon, added to the years of no set rosters, there really has not been enough screen time for the X-characters themselves, much less a supporting cast.

The post Marvel NOW titles seem to be moving towards the set roster per title format (finally) so we could see things settle enough for this to change, it's early so we are still at the wait and see stage

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By poisonfleur

@Brazen_Intellect: @papad1992: I think Brazen is right. Now that you mention it- the regular cast hasn't really had enough time to develop lately. Kind of a pity. These Events sure can make and break characters... :/

Let's cross our fingers and hop that our main characters get enough spotlight and the supporting characters show up. Instead of there being too many main characters.. making half the main characters supporting characters... :/

And completely getting rid of the supporting cast.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By papad1992

@poisonfleur said:

@Brazen_Intellect: @papad1992: I think Brazen is right. Now that you mention it- the regular cast hasn't really had enough time to develop lately. Kind of a pity. These Events sure can make and break characters... :/

Let's cross our fingers and hop that our main characters get enough spotlight and the supporting characters show up. Instead of there being too many main characters.. making half the main characters supporting characters... :/

And completely getting rid of the supporting cast.

Well that was confusing... :P

But seriously either amp up the background characters or forever make them supporting characters! It's totally the writer's license!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: @papad1992:

It should be the writer's licence, but when your title gets hijacked by an event over and over? Look at any X-book in the past 5 years, out of those 60 issues, how many were devoted to an event and not the storyline of the title itself? Half? More?

X-Factor has had the ability to develop their secondary characters because:

1 - They have been able to avoid being involved in events and not be forced to change on a whim to satisfy them

2 - PAD's ability and writing style

If the day comes where the titles stand on their own two feet and are not just used as another outlet for the event of the month, we may see these kind of characters return (as long as the writing teams stay stable)

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By papad1992

@Brazen_Intellect said:

It should be the writer's licence, but when your title gets hijacked by an event over and over? Look at any X-book in the past 5 years, out of those 60 issues, how many were devoted to an event and not the storyline of the title itself? Half? More?

1 - They have been able to avoid being involved in events and not be forced to change on a whim to satisfy them

If the day comes where the titles stand on their own two feet and are not just used as another outlet for the event of the month, we may see these kind of characters return (as long as the writing teams stay stable)

That's why X-Factor has been my consistently favorite title I get since it started back in 2006! I remember when Uncanny X-Men when downhill, it was before Messiah Complex!!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By poisonfleur

@papad1992 said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

That's why X-Factor has been my consistently favorite title I get since it started back in 2006! I remember when Uncanny X-Men when downhill, it was before Messiah Complex!!

It's funny because I really think secondary characters like Stevie, Aunt May, etc.. Really strengthen a title. It's like we don't realize it until they are gone. They really help put things into perspective. I love Dr.Kavita Rao.... But She tends to come off as a superhero in her own right. I remember in AvX VS, she was choking Iron Man. LMAO!!

(Go Kavita! lol)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur:

Batman - Alfred

Iron Man - Pepper Potts and James Rhodes (before they got armors)

Not every character in a comic book has to wear tights or have powers to be important and relevant to a book. Many people forget it's the interaction and not the action that makes a story exceptional.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By Timandm

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Along this line of thought.... Why does anyone in the Marvel Universe, who does not have super powers, still live in New York City? Oh sure, I can understand the reporters saying, but....

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By poisonfleur

@Brazen_Intellect said:

@poisonfleur:

Batman - Alfred

Iron Man - Pepper Potts and James Rhodes (before they got armors)

Not every character in a comic book has to wear tights or have powers to be important and relevant to a book. Many people forget it's the interaction and not the action that makes a story exceptional.

Right on!^ I agree with you entirely. They wouldn't be the characters they are without those small supporting characters giving them those human components.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By papad1992

@poisonfleur said:

@papad1992 said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

It's funny because I really think secondary characters like Stevie, Aunt May, etc.. Really strengthen a title. It's like we don't realize it until they are gone. They really help put things into perspective. I love Dr.Kavita Rao.... But She tends to come off as a superhero in her own right. I remember in AvX VS, she was choking Iron Man. LMAO!!

(Go Kavita! lol)

Well in Astonishing... Kavita was stronger back then! When she joined up with this X-Club that's when she became corny!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.