Rachel Grey comic appearances?

#1 Edited by BioticRaptor (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everyone,

I was really interested in reading more about Rachel Grey before her appearance in recent marvel comics. I've always been a big X-Men fan, but I've never given her any special attention before seeing her in Wolverine and The X-Men as well as X-Men legacy. Would anyone be able to tell me what good X-Men related stories, runs, etc she's been in? Titles and issue numbers would be great.

If you guys need a time line of some sort to get a good idea at what point i'm interested in reading: I'm hoping to start somewhere when she's re-introduced into comics, which I believe is during X-treme X-Men at some point? I'd also like to read when she rejoins the Uncanny team after that and so forth. Also, is there a series or run that covers her time with the Star Jammers? At least, I believe she shows up.

Thanks for your time!

Edit 1/20/13:

I figured I'll post a list here as the information becomes available in order to help other readers who are interested in Rachel.

Courtesy of cyberchop979:

Uncanny X-Men 184-209

Excalibur 1-75

Courtesy of papad1992:

Return of Rachel: Uncanny X-Men #444

House of M (Uncanny X-Men #462-466)

End of Greys (Uncanny X-Men #466-469)

The Rise of the Shi'Ar Empire (Uncanny X-Men #475-486)

X-Men Legacy #250-253

#2 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, she was first around for a significant time in Uncanny X-Men 184-209 and then she moved over to Excalibur pretty much in every issue from 1-75. You can start there.

#3 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberchop979 said:

Well, she was first around for a significant time in Uncanny X-Men 184-209 and then she moved over to Excalibur pretty much in every issue from 1-75. You can start there.

yeah, I never found her super likeable until she was on Excaliber; unfortunately, that may have been the high point of her career..

#4 Posted by BioticRaptor (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic! I'll certainly check those out, Especially Exalibur since Kitty appears in that. Thank you Cyberchop!

Does anyone know the issue numbers and series where she returns in semi-recent Marvel comics? I think it's around 2008 or so? There was some information on her wiki article on here, but not enough to determine issue numbers. Any help would be great!

#5 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@BioticRaptor: She "rejoined" the main team of X-Men back in 2004 in Uncanny X-Men #444. She was pretty much featured in some way or another throughout the series. She went through House of M (Uncanny X-Men #462-466) and right after that in "End of Grey's" which featured her prominently (Uncanny X-Men #466-469). She then appeared in "Deadly Genesis", which involved her and various others in a mysterious story. Then continued on throughout the Uncanny X-Men series up until the event: The Rise of the Shi'Ar Empire (Uncanny X-Men #475-486) when that event ended, that's when she became a member of the Starjammers and appeared in various titles, issues, and stories (since they really didn't have title themselves). She was pretty much forgotten about till Age of X occurred in 2011 and was revealed that Rachel was reaching out psychically for help. They were eventually rescued in X-Men Legacy #250-253 and became apart of Rogue's team from there, which carried into Regenesis where Rachel moved to the school to teach and such! She appeared every so often throughout the X-Men Legacy series until it's end. Now she is a main character in Wolverine and the X-Men now... the present! Hope that helps!!

#6 Edited by poisonfleur (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

Women of Marvel 2 has a issue where Rachel & Magma fight the Black Queen!

I love all 3 of those girls! :D

+That book has Storm & Cyclops in the battle for leadership of the X-men.

#7 Posted by BioticRaptor (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Oh man! Thank you so much, that's pretty much everything I could ask for! You've been a fantastic help. Both you and Cyberchop.

#8 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@BioticRaptor said:

@papad1992: Oh man! Thank you so much, that's pretty much everything I could ask for! You've been a fantastic help. Both you and Cyberchop.

No prob!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.