Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Quick Question on All-New X-Men

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Outside of BoTA, I have never read All-New X-Men; it just seems silly to waste time on doppelgangers when there is a plethora of unused mutants, so do not judge me.

I just read on another post that Teen Iceman complains about the person he becomes. My question, is there a good couple of issues I can read about Teen Iceman's development as a character? Or is he just a whiny comic relief?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

It's really a shame that All-New X-men doesn't really pay as much attention to Iceman as it should. I can't think of any that really give him much attention off the top of my head, but there was this cute scene between him and Thor in All-New X-men 14.

Best of luck!

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you! I mean, I am bias since Iceman is my favorite X-Men, so I hated All-New for taking Kitty away; plus I despise how overpowered Jean Grey is. I mean why does she need a team? Can't she go all, pure-purple-energy, and wipe everything out by herself? I mean she did defeat Gladiator, who is like the Shi'ar Captain America.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: No. He just does it randomly usually at the end of scenes. BotA had him complaining about the Abominable-IceHulk and then IceGandalf. He brings it up usually when someone else talks about their issues, but he is just a relief character. And his only issue with current 616 Bobby is that he was dating Kitty while they were being taught by her and then that they broke up and Kitty started seeing Starlord(said as a joke). He doesn't have development and just makes jokes about how disappointed he is with it that no one comments on.

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 4U2NV

So is this how it works? creating a thread just for a corny question? Man what a waste of thread ppl got here.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By adamTRMM
    @squares said:

It's really a shame that All-New X-men doesn't really pay as much attention to Iceman as it should. I can't think of any that really give him much attention off the top of my head.

To be honest, he doesn't really deserve it. Look at him, the guy is powerhouse and is acceptable hero (though it would be cool of other writer to acknowledge Liu's Dark Iceman Saga, but just no one does). On the other hand we have Jean, Angel, Cyclops and even Beast. Jean is dead, and was dead before, Angel is mindwiped, maybe dead as well, Scott is a most wanted, and Beast is Beast. I mean really, Iceman can chill and enjoy his time, because unlike others he doesn't have to worry about his future. Bendis has to do something with Angel though, his fate isn't much better than Jean's.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4u2nv: Says the guy posting on said thread? Also, work on your grammar; @ageofhurricane would be ashamed of that post.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: Jean is neither stable nor interesting enough to function properly without a team.

@adamtrmm: Yeah, that's true, but I feel like if he got more attention there would be more of a push for writers to work on him properly (instead of the stupid, sudden jump to 'maturity' that happened in WATX).

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4u2nv said:

So is this how it works? creating a thread just for a corny question? Man what a waste of thread ppl got here.

@dman1366 said:

@4u2nv: Says the guy posting on said thread? Also, work on your grammar; @ageofhurricane would be ashamed of that post.

So I missed a couple of letters, could happen to anybody, especially typing fast and in a hurry (NE way I don't need to give you any explanation). As you can see I've been here there over there typing to everyone (which is quite fun hehe). And who ever ageofwho is, what he's going to do? Call the grammar police? lol.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@adamtrmm said:
    @squares said:

It's really a shame that All-New X-men doesn't really pay as much attention to Iceman as it should. I can't think of any that really give him much attention off the top of my head.

To be honest, he doesn't really deserve it. Look at him, the guy is powerhouse and is acceptable hero (though it would be cool of other writer to acknowledge Liu's Dark Iceman Saga, but just no one does). On the other hand we have Jean, Angel, Cyclops and even Beast. Jean is dead, and was dead before, Angel is mindwiped, maybe dead as well, Scott is a most wanted, and Beast is Beast. I mean really, Iceman can chill and enjoy his time. Bendis has to do something with Angel though, his fate isn't much better than Jean's.

I haven't been reading All-new', but I feel like Cyclops' issues with his future self are less to do with being an outlaw (since, y'know, he was living at his school) and more to do with him killing Xavier.

I mean, I think it's probably/should be a lot more complicated than that, but in his own series he claims that he wants to be more like Corsair than the man he grows up to be, and Corsair's an outlaw on multiple worlds across the universe.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares:

Well, said Dark Iceman Saga was an incredible Iceman read, and it gets selectively overlooked by everybody. Shows how much writers really care for him =\

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been reading All-new', but I feel like Cyclops' issues with his future self are less to do with being an outlaw (since, y'know, he was living at his school) and more to do with him killing Xavier.

I mean, I think it's probably/should be a lot more complicated than that, but in his own series he claims that he wants to be more like Corsair than the man he grows up to be, and Corsair's an outlaw on multiple worlds across the universe.

Yeah I agree, the whole concept felt like "What? Where the hell is this coming from?" and I don't read it so have no idea, but from what you say I guess it's another consistency plothole of the X-men. Tell me something I don't know ;)

Even accepting the O5 in the mainstream universe, I don't think Bendis pushes all the right buttons. Because if you think about it, o5's future-present is really not that promising for most of them, yet the series is all about Jean Grey. Well, from what I read of course, not following something I don't support.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Yeah I agree, the whole concept felt like "What? Where the hell is this coming from?" and I don't read it so have no idea, but from what you say I guess it's another consistency plothole of the X-men. Tell me something I don't know ;)

wait, you lost me, what's a consistency plot-hole?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@squares:

Well, said Dark Iceman Saga was an incredible Iceman read, and it gets selectively overlooked by everybody. Shows how much writers really care for him =\

It's so overlooked I've never even heard of it until now.

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Djainess

@squares: the story was in one of the last issues of astonishing x men. Go and get it, it´s a really good read.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@dman1366: To answer the original question... No. The AllNew Xmen focuses on Jean. Iceman is just joking about everything at the end. X23 is not written well and really neither is the book for that matter.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Galerion

@hawk2916 said:

@dman1366: To answer the original question... No. The AllNew Xmen focuses on Jean. Iceman is just joking about everything at the end. X23 is not written well and really neither is the book for that matter.

Well at least X-23 will leave this awful group/book and hopefully never be back because of the death of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Galerion

@dman1366 said:

@galerion: what preview is this from?

It's from her issue of Death of Wolverine: The Logan Legacy

He is the link with a few more previews and info:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54573

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I misunderstood, thought you're talking about inconsistency of Cyclops having a problem with being an outlaw.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

I misunderstood, thought you're talking about inconsistency of Cyclops having a problem with being an outlaw.

my point was that I don't think that is what he has a problem with, so I don't see it as being inconsistent.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By adamTRMM

@oldnightcrawler said:

my point was that I don't think that is what he has a problem with, so I don't see it as being inconsistent.

Exactly, and I misread the part where you've reconciled both, so like I said, my mistake :)

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:

Thank you! I mean, I am bias since Iceman is my favorite X-Men, so I hated All-New for taking Kitty away; plus I despise how overpowered Jean Grey is. I mean why does she need a team? Can't she go all, pure-purple-energy, and wipe everything out by herself? I mean she did defeat Gladiator, who is like the Shi'ar Captain America.

jean grey might get her own solo. plus she defeated the shi'ar imperial guards.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion said:

@hawk2916 said:

Well at least X-23 will leave this awful group/book and hopefully never be back because of the death of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

cool teen cyclops is back in anxm.......what would happen to teen angel and x-23 romance?????

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

I don't think teen cyclops is back. The first panel is some kind of flashback or something. On the other panels you can see that he is still away.

And as for the romance. That didn't have any basis at all in the first place so good riddance I say. Laura is not that kind of girl.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion said:

I don't think teen cyclops is back. The first panel is some kind of flashback or something. On the other panels you can see that he is still away.

And as for the romance. That didn't have any basis at all in the first place so good riddance I say. Laura is not that kind of girl.

Why is wolverine;s death more bigger then xaviers and gets alot of comicbooks even after hes dead?????

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm still waiting for an Iceman mini-series. Omega this and omega that, multiple creating mutant but he still is only used for comic relief. I get that it's his thing in the team but considering how much the others got so far (the O5), some focus on Bobby in a serious way is long overdue.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Wolverine is just an icon. Everybody knows him. Even people who don't have much to do with X-Men stuff will likely know him and he just was an important part of all the X-Men films.

You know what I mean, bub?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.