Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

question regarding the Battle of the Atom crossover

photowill404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

(may contain spoilers)

first let me start off by saying that this event had a bit of a see saw effect on me, some points were highs others were lows. overall i enjoyed it however at times the crossover felt like it could be way too confusing for the casual comic book reader.

first question: if the original x-men time traveled to the present day marvel universe then wouldn't that mean that the present should have changed because they were not back in the past for certain things to happen? especially with them being in the present as long as they were/are.

second question: how is it possible for this young jean to be more powerful and experienced in the use of her powers than her future older self? that just doesn't make sense seeing as how her older self would know how to subdue her younger self much easier than was depicted in the event.

third question: did the time cube just stop working and didn't let anyone return home or just the O5 x-men? wasn't too sure if the future brotherhood got stranded her in the present as well.

fourth question: how cool was it to the look on wolverine and storms faces when Cyclops and Magik came to take Kitty and the O5 x-men away with them.

fifth question: how do you see each faction of mutants handling the revelation that SHIELD was manufacturing their own sentinels?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By HAWK2916

The SHIELD thing could be interesting if done right. For me that was the only thing that had potential. In answer to the other questions... I really feel like the event was a mistake and was written. The questions you posed are valid bit unanswerable because seem to care nothing for continuity. I know alot of people call Hope a plot device and O agree that she is, but if thats true of her, then the same has to be said about O5 being in the present. Maybe Im crazy but I find it difficult to really buy into a story that has an illogical premise to begin with. I think the whole thing made no sense and thats why there are so many unanswered questions

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle
    1. Two arguments could be made from this:
      1. Because the event Age of Ultron broke time and space, it doesn't really matter what the O5 do because it will technically have no effect.
      2. The O5 can do whatever they want because as far as we know, right after Beast ripped them away from their time line, the future version of the present day X-Man had returned the future version of the O5 back to the past at the exact moment the present day O5 were displaced. So, Charles would have wiped their minds which would lead up to what we have now.
    2. If you're referring to "older self" being evil Jean, then the only reason young Jean was able to "be more powerful" was because young Jean's powers were still small and controllable were as old Jean's powers had developed a lot more (and without any of Xaviers mind blocks) which was too much for her to control. This was the reason older Jean blew up and died allowed young Jean to "win the battle."
    3. The time cube prevented only the O5 from returning. It was stated that "for some reason, they can't go back in time." Which indicates they have a greater purpose in the current MU before going back. It could be argued they couldn't go back because of the events of AoU but the Mystique Wolverine love child, I forget his name, was able to travel in time when they tested it.
    4. It was very cool. I love the fact Kitty and O5 jumped over to Scotts team. Scott > Wolverine for me.
    5. Each mutant faction is probably going to be really pissed. I see Wolverine's team setting up some "verbal" confrontation (wolverine style) while Scott's team will probably just try to destroy them. Same with Cable's team when he gets the chance. Am I missing any X-Teams?
    Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the preview for WaTMX in BoTA 2 has wolverine cutting through a door with the shield logo on it but then cover's lie.

photowill404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the event Age of Ultron broke time and space, it doesn't really matter what the O5 do because it will technically have no effect.

The time cube prevented only the O5 from returning. It was stated that "for some reason, they can't go back in time." Which indicates they have a greater purpose in the current MU before going back. It could be argued they couldn't go back because of the events of AoU but the Mystique Wolverine love child, I forget his name, was able to travel in time when they tested it.

I totally forgot about the AoU event breaking time and space (yet another avengers screw up lol) but that would make sense if they were to somehow incorporate that into ANXM going forward as a reason that the O5 are still here. And Wolverine's son was named Raze. Pretty cool character, would like to see more of him.

It was very cool. I love the fact Kitty and O5 jumped over to Scotts team. Scott > Wolverine for me.

YES Scott's Uncanny X-Men >>>>>>> over any of Wolverine's teams.

Each mutant faction is probably going to be really pissed. I see Wolverine's team setting up some "verbal" confrontation (wolverine style) while Scott's team will probably just try to destroy them. Same with Cable's team when he gets the chance. Am I missing any X-Teams?

Just Storm and the all female X-Men which would be kind of interesting to see how that turns out due to Kitty leaving to join Cyclops.

BrokenSpear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@photowill404:

What i can't understand though is why kitty left, i know she was pissed off at logans team but i couldn't recall what exactly they did to make her so angry.

The best part about that series though was the look on wolverines face when the O5 and kitty defected to cyclops' team and cyclops' flashed him a little smile. That was gold.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@photowill404:

What i can't understand though is why kitty left, i know she was pissed off at logans team but i couldn't recall what exactly they did to make her so angry.

The best part about that series though was the look on wolverines face when the O5 and kitty defected to cyclops' team and cyclops' flashed him a little smile. That was gold.

She was pissed off and left because no matter how much heart she puts into the team, people still treat her like she's a child and don't trust her as a veteran. She felt she was being taken advantage of so she jumped to Scotts team where she knows her skill set will be appreciated.

photowill404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@photowill404:

it was freaking AWESOME!!!!! possibly the best page in the whole event.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.