Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Question About Wolverine & the X-Men

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Ok so I am now no-longer associated with DC (grrrrr) and I need to fill up my pull list and that means more Mutants so I was thinking about Wolverine and the X-Men, HOWEVER I hate Wolverine but I love Kid Omega, would I like this book? I know he's in the title but how much of a factor is Wolverine in the book? Whats the Logan/Quentin ratio like?

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JohnnyGat

You would given that the focus tends to favor the students most of the times. Plus Quire manages to be a thorn in Wolverines side quite a bit so seeing that should definitely be a plus for you.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chocobojam

To give you some idea, this series is not a serious series. although I don't think that this book is at the same level of goofiness like the deadpool series was. but i find this series an enjoyable read because there is so many different characters and there is so many different things that is going on around the school.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#4  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@Jonny_Anonymous: The book is awesome bro give it a try. It's really fun, cheerful X book

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By papad1992

It's an ok title... My main problem is that it's focusing on students that I don't like!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By John Valentine

@papad1992 said:

It's an ok title... My main problem is that it's focusing on students that I don't like!

I agree. I really don't care for half of Aaron's characters. Broo, Husk (not a student), Eye-Guy etc. Idie's okay, but Quentin Quire gets too much focus. The Hellfire Kids are abominable - I wish they would die.

I do like Genesis, but he's being handled perfectly well in Uncanny X-Force.

I'd rather have the focus on the New X-Men/Academy X kids.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By papad1992

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

I agree. I really don't care for half of Aaron's characters. Broo, Husk (not a student), Eye-Guy etc. Idie's okay, but Quentin Quire gets too much focus. The Hellfire Kids are abominable - I wish they would die.

I agree with u totally, except about Husk. She's a favorite of mine, but recently she went to my least favorite characters because of what the direction they decided to do place her in!

And the New X-Men/Academy X students ARE the X-students in my mind! Everyone created after them are redundant and dull! Except for Genesis, like you said, who is better characterized in UXF!!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By John Valentine

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

I agree with u totally, except about Husk. She's a favorite of mine, but recently she went to my least favorite characters because of what the direction they decided to do place her in!

And the New X-Men/Academy X students ARE the X-students in my mind! Everyone created after them are redundant and dull! Except for Genesis, like you said, who is better characterized in UXF!!

Only read bits of Generation X, after I read New X-Men/Academy X, so didn't like the characters as much and found it to be too convoluted.

I wish Surge, Prodigy, Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Elixir etc would join Cyclops.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9  Edited By McKlayn

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

Only read bits of Generation X, after I read New X-Men/Academy X, so didn't like the characters as much and found it to be too convoluted.

Generation X was fucking awesome, you got to read more then a bit to get in the affect of it. It was a cutting edge book in the mid 90's that showed that not all mutations were awesome like controlling weather and turning to metal. A darker look with kids who have 6 feet of extra skin and are missing portions of their chest, that being said the Academy X kids are good too and they are the kids who i think should still be considered kids. I HATE the way Aaron uses Husk, and he basically ignores chamber.

Still as far as the Title goes it's not that serious of a title, very laid back and some what humorous My biggest complaint isn't who it focuses on as much as how un focused it seems to be. SOOOO much random shit happen in it, and doesn't seem very much in the character growth department. Still it's worth picking up just for the laughs at times and it doesnt really have much focus on Wolverine despite him being the title character (more focus on Shadow cat as a teacher then any other)

But if your just looking for more Mutant books, go with All New X men and Uncanny X men, also both the X force books look good (Uncanny & Cable & ) plus the "X-men" Title and Astonishing X men could turn up after marvel now as promising titles. I also totally think X men Legacy will be at least worth a look at, focusing on Legion after the death of his father has SOOO much potential. So yea thats my two bits ;D

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By papad1992

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

Give Gen X another try... you'll like it!

The New X-Men kids would make amazing recruits!! Hard to convince them to join Cyclops though!!

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11  Edited By x_29

It is a good series in general. Even if you dislike Wolverine, there is still more to like about it. Pick it up.

imperial90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By imperial90

@papad1992: Some would be, though I don't think Surge, Dust and Prodigy would be, from Legacy you can see they think of the Academy as a death trap waiting to happen, they'd rather go down fighting then get blown up in their beds.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dman1366

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

I totally agree, New X-Men/Academy X was one of my favourite student books I have ever read. I think that Aaron has potential to make his students on that par, but he needs to find a period where he can be school concentrated and not villain concentrated.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By papad1992

@imperial90 said:

@papad1992: Some would be, though I don't think Surge, Dust and Prodigy would be, from Legacy you can see they think of the Academy as a death trap waiting to happen, they'd rather go down fighting then get blown up in their beds.

A decision that in my opinion is out of character for some of the students!!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By John Valentine

@papad1992 said:

@imperial90 said:

Hmmmmmm.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By papad1992

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@imperial90 said:

Hmmmmmm.

Is that a good Hmmmm or a bad Hmmmm!!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By John Valentine

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@imperial90 said:

Hmmmmmm.

Not sure which would follow Logan and which would join Cyke.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By papad1992

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@imperial90 said:

Hmmmmmm.

In my opinion... Out of the New X-Men students:

Anole, Armor, Gentle, Rockslide, Bling, Dust, Mercury, Indra, Loa, The Stepford Cuckoos, Match, Trance, Blindfold, Ernst, and No-Girl would be on Logan's side!

Surge, Hellion, Glob Herman, Elixir (where is he?), Prodigy, and Pixie would would be on Cyclops' side!

imperial90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By imperial90

Why on earth would the Cuckoo's side with Logan? They've shown themselves to be loyal to Scott before anyone else.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20  Edited By McKlayn

@imperial90 said:

Why on earth would the Cuckoo's side with Logan? They've shown themselves to be loyal to Scott before anyone else.

True that, even him over Emma. Also i could see Rockslide siding with Cyclops if Hellion did, he always wanted to be a hero and he could see this as his chance. It shocked me when the two went to the school in the first place. Armor is loyal to wolverine i guess but i think her and Anole would be great with Cyclops and actually in action as well. Armor you might actually see just believing him she was with him in Astonishing for a while so they could twist it right and make it make sense if they tried, i mean i always thought it was silly that her, hellion, rockslide and some of the others went back to being students but Pixie for example was still a full fledged member of the X men, she was the same age as them pretty much

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John Valentine

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@imperial90 said:

Hmmmmmm.

Anole, Armor, Gentle, Rockslide, Bling, Dust, Mercury, Indra, Loa, The Stepford Cuckoos, Match, Trance, Blindfold, Ernst, and No-Girl would be on Logan's side!

Surge, Hellion, Glob Herman, Elixir (where is he?), Prodigy, and Pixie would would be on Cyclops' side!

I'd say Cuckoos would side with Cyclops. Mercury, Dust, Rockslide and Anole are tricky. Would they stick with Hellion and go to Cyclops' side or would they stay at School? They're all around eighteen/nineteen by now.

Loa should stay in Atalantis.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JohnnyGat

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

The New X-Men kids would make amazing recruits!! Hard to convince them to join Cyclops though!!

Whoops didn't realize you clarified your earlier post already with who you think would side with who.

Depends on the people. Surge and Prodigy would definitely side with Cyke. Hellion and Mercury are more likely to stick with the school considering that's really what they want to be able to live as ordinary a life as they can get. Wild cards would be Dust and Elixir. Dust chose to remain in Utopia though I cannot truly recall what her reasons were but I'm assuming it was similar to why Surge and Prodigy stayed but since I'm not too certain I put her in the wild card. As for Foley in the end his personality pre-necrosha/purifier attack/limbo visit always seemed more in line with the ones who want to try and have an ordinary life. But the reason I put him in wild cards is the fact that he may see that he has more use being with the team that openly confronts danger plus hanging out with his old team could ease transition. The rest of the surviving New X-men peeps would definitely stay at Logans.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JohnnyGat

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@imperial90 said:

Hmmmmmm.

I don't think Pixie, Hellion, and Glob would side with Cyke though likewise I don't see the Cuckoos siding with Logan. As stated above Cuckoos were loyal to Cyke and Pixie only stayed in Utopia because Hope pleaded her case that they needed a teleporter, otherwise Pixie wanted to go the school over Utopia. Plus as mentioned in my previous comment with Hellion.

Also regarding my previous comment I may have confused Dust with someone else.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By John Valentine

@JohnnyGat said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

Whoops didn't realize you clarified your earlier post already with who you think would side with who.

Depends on the people. Surge and Prodigy would definitely side with Cyke. Hellion and Mercury are more likely to stick with the school considering that's really what they want to be able to live as ordinary a life as they can get. Wild cards would be Dust and Elixir. Dust chose to remain in Utopia though I cannot truly recall what her reasons were but I'm assuming it was similar to why Surge and Prodigy stayed but since I'm not too certain I put her in the wild card. As for Foley in the end his personality pre-necrosha/purifier attack/limbo visit always seemed more in line with the ones who want to try and have an ordinary life. But the reason I put him in wild cards is the fact that he may see that he has more use being with the team that openly confronts danger plus hanging out with his old team could ease transition. The rest of the surviving New X-men peeps would definitely stay at Logans.

I don't think a normal life is an option for Hellion and I don't think it's anything he's ever shown an interest in having, especially post M-Day, I think he'd follow Cyclops' more radical approach to saving and protecting the mutant race. Hellion has shown time and time again that he's fundamentally pro-mutant, pair that with his darkened personality and powers and he makes an ideal candidate to follow school.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JohnnyGat

@John Valentine said:

@JohnnyGat said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

I don't think a normal life is an option for Hellion and I don't think it's anything he's ever shown an interest in having, especially post M-Day, I think he'd follow Cyclops' more radical approach to saving and protecting the mutant race. Hellion has shown time and time again that he's fundamentally pro-mutant, pair that with his darkened personality and powers and he makes an ideal candidate to follow school.

During Schism Hellion and Prodigy had an argument. Hellion was on the side that wanted to be in Logan's school and play baseball (meaning he still wanted a normal life).

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By John Valentine

@JohnnyGat said:

@John Valentine said:

@JohnnyGat said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

During Schism Hellion and Prodigy had an argument. Hellion was on the side that wanted to be in Logan's school and play baseball (meaning he still wanted a normal life).

Ah, true! Regenesis issue. Completely forgot about that. I was focusing on his post-SC angst.

Still, a bit of a waste him being at the school. He's like 18/19 too.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I enjoy it quite a bit.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By papad1992

@John Valentine said:

@JohnnyGat said:

@John Valentine said:

@JohnnyGat said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

@John Valentine said:

@papad1992 said:

Ah, true! Regenesis issue. Completely forgot about that. I was focusing on his post-SC angst.

Still, a bit of a waste him being at the school. He's like 18/19 too.

Going back to an earlier post... when I said The Cuckoos would join Logan's side, I just assumed that, because I know they despise Emma and after Cyclops' ordeals in AvX, they'd probably want to be elsewhere other than associated with either Emma or Scott! I think Loa just needs to join an Avengers team or something! Hellion, Rockslide, and Mercury are friends that, in the end, would want to live somewhat normal lives. Dust's characterization has been played with ever since Schism so it's the writers licence whether or not they decide to put her at the school or elsewhere. The other students, like Indra, Match, Gentle, Blindfold, Trance, and Bling would easily side with the school. Pixie, since her association with Storm's security squad, I think, would be in the air (literally) because she'd want to be with her friends, but she, out of all of the students, is the most successfully integrated student into the X-Men, which has evolved her past being a "student" much like Cannonball did in the 90s! Prodigy and Surge (who I think should get back together) would side with Cyclops despite initially hating him in the New X-Men series. Armor would join Logan, not questions about, despite her association with Scott during Astonishing X-Men. Anole is a toss up... But Glob Herman, I see, would join Cyke. Ernst and No-Girl stay at the school. Elixir, if we could ever find out what the hell happened to him, would be nice to have around either on Cyclops or Logan's team just as long as he is back!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.