Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Question about Magneto and Apocalypse.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cracks

Can Magneto prevent someone from teleporting or control a character's teleportation abilities?

Can Apocalypse make himself intangible?  
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

Magneto: probably.  He can use magnetism to do silly things, so why not?  He'd probably control the iron in their blood to slow the flow of blood to the brain so they couldn't function properly... or something equally long-winded as that ;) 

Apocalypse:  I'm fairly sure he can, but I can't recall any instances of intangibility/phasing. 

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Pania

Magneto: Depends on the teleporter. For instance, Nightcrawler navigates along lines of electromagnetic force (similar to the way birds and fish navigate when they migrate) . Magneto has been able to sense when/where Kurt is about to appear, and even reroute Kurt to appear somewhere else. However, a teleporter like Magik he wouldn't be able to do anything against.

But as Xerox-kitty has said, Magneto has also cut a mutant off from their power by manipulating the bioelectic signals between the nueron's in a person nervous system. He's actually frozen the entire group of X-men (from all the books)  inplace this way.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cracks
    @xerox-kitty: Can Magneto defeat someone who goes intangible?
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pania

In Uncanny #150, he zapped Kitty with electricity when she tried to pass through him and nearly killed her. As long as it can conduct electricity, it's vulnerable to him.

And given that Apocalypse is riddled with nanotech. He is *especially* vulnerable to Magneto.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By John Valentine

Would forming a magnetic field around the teleporter affect their teleportation ability?

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pania

Like I said, it depends on the teleporter and exactly how they do it. Kurt is opening up dimensional gates, so I could see where manipulating the EM field might have an effect. I mean Magneto has opened up traverseble wormhole. I don't know how similar wormholes and dimensional gates would be, you'd need a physicist for that, but I can see where they *could* be similar. 

Doing a quick check, I see that Magik and the Vanisher also are opening dimensionl gates. I think given that Magneto has affected Kurt's ability to teleport, given enough information/encounters he might be able to affect Illyana and Vanisher as well.

Though Illyana has magic to protect her, which Magneto is vulnerable to/has no affect on.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By John Valentine
    @Pania said:
    " Like I said, it depends on the teleporter and exactly how they do it. Kurt is opening up dimensional gates, so I could see where manipulating the EM field might have an effect. I mean Magneto has opened up traverseble wormhole. I don't know how similar wormholes and dimensional gates would be, you'd need a physicist for that, but I can see where they *could* be similar.   Doing a quick check, I see that Magik and the Vanisher also are opening dimensionl gates. I think given that Magneto has affected Kurt's ability to teleport, given enough information/encounters he might be able to affect Illyana and Vanisher as well.  Though Illyana has magic to protect her, which Magneto is vulnerable to/has no affect on. "
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pania

YW. :)

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cracks
    @Pania: Well, the only way that Apocalypse can defeat Magneto is if Apocalypse is at full power and has full prep. 
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pania

Without outside assistance, Apocalypse cannot defeat Magneto. Part of Apocalypse' molecular make up is nanotech. Magneto controls electromagnetism, which means he has absolute control of the material Apocalypse is made of and the energy it runs on. Apocalypse is a sitting duck.

They already had this showdown at the end of AoA. Magneto ripped Apocalypse in half.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cracks
    @Pania: 
    1.  "Outside assistance" meaning full prep? Then that probably is correct.  
     2. Apocalypse is pretty poorly written.  

3. Don't forget that Apocalypse had energy absorption.  Apocalypse can teleport, make himself intangible and has complete control of his body on the cellular and molecular level (basically having a "healing factor").  

3. Apocalypse can also reach nearly limitless strength and can grow to a nearly immense size.    

4. Apocalypse is slightly more intelligent than Magneto. Apocalypse's access to and knowledge of Celestial technology could make the difference in a battle between Magneto and Apocalypse.  If Apocalypse has full prep that lasts for a couple of years, then he might be able to defeat Magneto. Apocalypse at full power and at full prep might be able to defeat Magneto.

5. I don't think that Apocalypse was at full power when Magneto defeated him in AOA.  Don't forget that Magneto and Apocalypse fought only twice in the AOA. In the first battle, Apocalypse won easily. In the second, Magneto obviously won.  Magneto won because good guys always win.  

6. Apocalypse also defeated Magneto in "The Twelve" storyline.
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pania

Magneto was depowered in "The Twelve" storyline. He was relying on Cortez for energy boosts and his lack of power is what made Apocalypse's machine fail.  When he finally tapped into Polaris abilities, he kicked butt.

You can think whatever you want, I have comics and science to back up my side of the argument.  Electromagnetism is the force that holds all matter together, it is one of the most prevelant forces in phsyics. Any tech that Pocky throws at Magneto, Magneto has control over. If Apocalypse has a couple years prep, then Magneto gets a couple years prep. I would say on equal footing, equal prep, Magneto has the advantage, especially since Apocalypse IS partiality metal and runs on electricity and Magneto has a natural ranged attack. As Xavier once said, Magneto "has one of the most powerful mutant abilities ever to manifest itself." He is one of the most powerful beings walking the planet. He is a step below the Silver Surfer and has defeated the Phoenix. And Magneto ALSO has access to extremely advanced tech that is a combination of all the alien races he has encountered along with his own created with his own unique perspective. According to one writer, Asteroid M contained technology, "Reed Richards would envy.'  Not to mention the guy is a tactical genius known for taking out teams on a regular basis.

I'm not saying it would be impossible, but Apocalypse would have one HELL of a time taking him on when he is fully powered.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cracks
    @Pania: 
    I know about the science part. 
    1. So Magneto can control Apocalypse's Celestial technology? 

2. So it does not matter that Apocalypse is more intelligent than Magneto and that Apocalypse has energy absorption, can teleport, can make himself intangible and has complete control of his body on the cellular and molecular level and has a healing factor?  

3. Apocalypse can basically turn himself into anything that he wants to, right? Including something that is not metal? 
    Also, Apocalypse has nearly limitless strength and can grow to a nearly immense size. Does this matter?

4. Magneto defeated the Phoenix? When and where? Do you happen to have scans? 

5. I heard that Magneto's shield also protected him from Galactus', and Thor's attacks. Is this true? How did he accomplish these feats? It seems to be a little bit far fetched.  Correct me if I am wrong though.

6.  I don't think that Apocalypse was at full power when Magneto defeated him in AOA.  Don't forget that Magneto and Apocalypse fought only twice in the AOA. In the first battle, Apocalypse won easily. In the second, Magneto obviously won.  Magneto won because good guys always win. 
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pania
    @cracks said:

" @Pania:  I know about the science part.  1. So Magneto can control Apocalypse's Celestial technology?   2. So it does not matter that Apocalypse is more intelligent than Magneto and that Apocalypse has energy absorption, can teleport, can make himself intangible and has complete control of his body on the cellular and molecular level and has a healing factor?    3. Apocalypse can basically turn himself into anything that he wants to, right? Including something that is not metal?  Also, Apocalypse has nearly limitless strength and can grow to a nearly immense size. Does this matter? 4. Magneto defeated the Phoenix? When and where? Do you happen to have scans?   5. I heard that Magneto's shield also protected him from Galactus', and Thor's attacks. Is this true? How did he accomplish these feats? It seems to be a little bit far fetched.  Correct me if I am wrong though.  6.  I don't think that Apocalypse was at full power when Magneto defeated him in AOA.  Don't forget that Magneto and Apocalypse fought only twice in the AOA. In the first battle, Apocalypse won easily. In the second, Magneto obviously won.  Magneto won because good guys always win.  "

Honestly this has become a Battle thread.  You are just trying to prove your character can beat my character.

1. EM, most ubiquitous force in the universe binding all matter together. Not to mention being the basis or form of control for most energies in the universe, including solar and nuclear. So...yeah. Especially since we have seen Magneto recently using Celestial tech to get his powers back.

2. No. It really does not matter Pocky can do all those things, because the X-Men can do all those things, and they are separate people doing all those things so much harder to keep track of and counter, and Magneto has beat them. 

3.  What part of "electromagnetism is the force that binds all matter together" do you not understand? Yes, Magneto has manipulated non-ferrous and even organic materials before. And "Immense size"? So what? We're talking about a guy who set off a planetary EMP. Who has yanked satellites out of orbit. Who has repelled the force of two tac nukes at once and, lest we forget: who beat the Pheonix and has recently starting playing around with space-time in creating traversable wormholes. Do you think someone being "really big" is going to matter to this character?

When I say "a step below the Silver Surfer," it is not a fanboy exaggeration.  The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition said that "While not on the level of the Silver Surfer in his prime, Magneto's power is for all practical purposes limitless." That's a quote. (It also said that "Magneto may be walking proof of the Unified Field Theory.")

And not to mention in the 616 the guy has partially discorproated twice, indicating that he is borderline Omega.

4. Magneto defeated the Phoenix, and the rest of the X-Men, in Uncanny #112. I don't feel like dragging it out and scanning it at this hour, but if you insist I will get it tomorrow.  Basically he used a "bottle effect" and drained her energy off.

5. Yes. He has shielded himself and the X-Men from the blast of Galactus in Secret Wars Vol. 1 #5. Granted, it was not a full-on attack, a "shrug" is what the text called it, but we are talking about Galactus here. Magneto has also shielded himself fro Thor's hammer repeatedly since the Silver Age  (And Mjolnir is metal BTW. While Magneto cannot wield it, he does have the ability to reflect it and send it back to it's owner.)  One recent example is X-Men vs. Avengers #2 in which he fended off blows from Thor and She-Hulk at the same time. He did it because he is one of the most powerful beings walking the planet controlling one of the most ubiquitous forces in physics.

Here is a list of his feats. This is why they are scientifically plausible. 

6. Magneto was also pretty beat up by the end of AoA and if I remember shortly before being ripped in half Pocky was laughing over Magneto in triumph. What's your point? 

As for the "poorly written" argument, yeah Magneto has been poorly written too. (Uncanny #500 being a recent example) , But if you take both characters at their top performances, look at their greatest feats (and what Apocalypse is made of)...Magneto still has the upper hand.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cracks
    @Pania: My posts seem to be annoying you. You should have told me to stop replying. I would have stopped. Just let me know. Be honest with me. I can go on and on.

3. Actually, I understand the statement, "electromagnetism is the force that binds all matter together", pretty well. Thanks. I actually speak English you know. Just wanted to let you know. LOL. 

4. Expound  upon this statement please; "Magneto has partially discorproated twice." I also would like you to tell he more about how he defeated Phoenix, if you don't mind. Even though, you do tend to mind. 

5. Okay, and how did he defend himself exactly from Galactus' and Thor's blasts? Don't answer this question if you don't want to. I am nor forcing you to do so.  

6. My point is quite simple actually. Magneto and Apoc. engaged in two battles in the AOA storyline. In the first battle, Apoc. easily defeated Magneto and Bishop, I believe.  In the second and final battle Magneto defeated Apocalypse, after X-Man severely weakened him. You fogot about that. X-Man and Magneto both attacked Apoc. for a short time, until holocaust arrived and battled with X-Man himself.  Magneto defeated Apoc. in a slower manner than Apoc. defeat Magneto in their first battle.  Good guys always win in the comics. This event basically led to the end of the Age of Apocalypse storyline.  That is my point.
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pania

Because this has obviously become battle thread. You don't seem care about the answers, you just want to prove Apocalypse can beat Magneto. Even though I have given you PLENTY of evidence that proves that it would be EXTREMELY difficult for him to do so you continue to argue about it and in the course of which you either ignore things I have said or  pointedly refuse to understand. There is a point where people lose patience with answering "questions" when the person asking is not listening. You do not seem to want to know that Magneto is in fact more powerful than Apocalypse.

3. If you understand it so well, why do you keep questioning it? You keep asking questions that are answered by that fact. I give you multitudes of examples of the feats he has accomplished which include playing around in the fabric of time and space and you ask questions like you do not understand these things.  If you would just stop and think about what you know and what you are asking I might get a little less annoyed.

(BTW-This is also a trait that is handy with college professors. In college you will learn that there is such a thing as a "stupid question": It's the question you ask that you already had the answer to if you just thought about it for a sec.)

4. One of the traits all Omega class mutants (such as Jean Grey and Iceman) have is that they have transcended their physical from. Magneto appears to be on the edge of the same transition, he has actually lost physical mass when he has lost reserves of stored EM energy (Uncanny X-Men #275, X-Men Vol. 2 #3). In fact in X-Men: The End Claremont showed Magneto evolving into an energy being.  He has not done so in 616 continuity yet, but the potential is there.

As for how he defeated the Phoenix: What the text said is that he created a "bottle effect" and drained of her energy, the picture pretty much showed Phoenix with a field of energy around her and her energy flowing out the top. The only copy of that issue I have in my collection that I can find is graded and encased so I cannot give you that scan. I probably have another copy in a reprint (Like Classic X-Men) but we are talking about shifting through 8 long boxes worth of comics to find it. 

But here is the synopsis from UncannyXMen.net:

" He feels optimistic, as there is only Marvel Girl to keep him from total victory. “First off, Magneto, the name isn’t Marvel Girl anymore!” says Jean as she assaults Magneto on myriad levels of psychic and physical power that rivals Xavier’s. “It’s Phoenix!” As she stands before him with the Phoenix Force around her, Magneto is forced to the ground. “Good god,” he says in disbelief, unsure where all Jean’s new power has come from. Jean’s attack is impressive and Magneto begins to falter under sustained pressure. She feels confident and asks how he hopes to stand against one whose power is born of the raging sun itself. 

Suddenly, however, there is no more power left and she finds she has reached her limit. She didn’t even know she had a limit. As she falters, Magneto uses the magnetic bottle effect he’s created to draw the life-energy out of Phoenix like a sponge. Behind him, Wolverine rouses, rubbing the back of his neck. He sees Magneto putting the kibosh on Jean and it looks like she’s going down for the count. He stands, despite his pain, as Magneto proudly exclaims that eight of them entered his domain and eight of them have gone down to defeat at his hands. "

And the link.  

And if you want to know the scientific plausibility of such an act, again you can refer to my essay here. Specifically this part:

"Magneto should also be able deflect the solar winds (perhaps a variant of Marvel’s nebulous “cosmic energy”) as the Earth’s own magnetosphere does. He should be able to shape the northern/southern lights, which is the solar wind reflecting off the atmosphere at the poles (a rather romantic image). Because the solar winds travel along magnetic clines of force, it is theoretically possible for Magneto to shape and focus that energy and matter into something more damaging."

If that does not satisfy you, I'm sure there are a number of people here who can provide a scan.

5. He used his own, natural, electromagnetic shields. What answer were you looking for?

6. The AoA Battle in which Apocalypse defeated Magneto and Bishop? Took place in The Amazing X-Men #3, and he did so with the help of an entire team of Infinites and the Vanisher. And the only reason Magneto stood down is because Apocalypse was holding his son hostage. As soon as Charles safety was assured in X-Men: Omega...well, then Daddy took the gloves off and ripped Apocalypse in half. 

Now that, I *do* have those issues handy for scanning. 

No Caption Provided

Yes indeedy, Apocalypse really over came Magneto with his immense power...

And a toddler.

(I will also point out that the AoA Magneto did not show the same range of abilities his 616 counterpart had. The 616 Magneto is a LOT more powerful than this Magneto.)

So please do not try to chalk up resolutions you do not agree with to "bad writing". Even in Battle/Vs circles, that is an indication of rabid fanboyism and people will stop having these discussion with you because they know you will fall back on that excuse to ignore what they are saying.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cracks
    @Pania: I never denied the fact that Magneto is more powerful than Apocalypse. Battles do not always go to the more powerful. Emma Frost defeat Rachel Grey.  The latter was more powerful, but not as skilled and experienced as Emma.  

LOL. Thanks for telling me. Yeah I am a Junior in College so I already know about that. But are you my college professor? I don't think so. Also, stupid is a subjective term.  What you consider to be a stupid question may not be a stupid question to anyone else.  Thanks for your opinion though. LOL. Just wanted to let you know.

Thank you for actually answering some of my questions.  I am impressed.  I do appreciate the explicative answers.  

For 5. WOW. That was a great answer. Very elaborate indeed. Thanks again.

6. Again, you failed to address the fact that X-Man severely weakened Apocalypse before Magneto ripped him in half. Was Apocalypse at full power then, in the AOA? 

Also, I am not a fanboy of any character really. I see myself as neutral.  I just ask a lot of questions, as you may have noticed. You made the wrong assumptions about me. Thank you for that. LOL.
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pania
    @cracks said:

" @Pania: I never denied the fact that Magneto is more powerful than Apocalypse. Battles do not always go to the more powerful. Emma Frost defeat Rachel Grey.  The latter was more powerful, but not as skilled and experienced as Emma.    LOL. Thanks for telling me. Yeah I am a Junior in College so I already know about that. But are you my college professor? I don't think so. Also, stupid is a subjective term.  What you consider to be a stupid question may not be a stupid question to anyone else.  Thanks for your opinion though. LOL. Just wanted to let you know.  Thank you for actually answering some of my questions.  I am impressed.  I do appreciate the explicative answers.    For 5. WOW. That was a great answer. Very elaborate indeed. Thanks again.  6. Again, you failed to address the fact that X-Man severely weakened Apocalypse before Magneto ripped him in half. Was Apocalypse at full power then, in the AOA?   Also, I am not a fanboy of any character really. I see myself as neutral.  I just ask a lot of questions, as you may have noticed. You made the wrong assumptions about me. Thank you for that. LOL. "

You wanted to know why I was getting annoyed. I told you. When a person is clearly not bothering to think about the information that has been put in front of them and asking questions that have already been answered, people will lose patience with you. Cute "LOL"s don't make you look any smarter or more charming. 

5. That's all the answer there is to be had. He reflected these attacks with his shields. Again I ask, what answer were you looking for?

6. Yes, X-Man (Nate Grey) had hit Apocalypse all of three times. He actually spent most of the issue fighting Holocaust. That was the only person other than Magneto to lay a finger on Apocalypse in that issue. The X-Men team was busy fighting to get Illyana to the crystal, save Morph, and looking for baby Charles. They actually never took a direct shot at Apocalypse.

Meanwhile, Magneto had been held by Apocalypse for at least hours and tortured by both Pocky and Holocaust. If anything, when they finally had their mano-e-mano showdown they were on at least equal "beat up" footing. Though after being tortured for hours I suspect Magneto was in worse shape.  

And Magneto ripped Apocalypse in half.

But I am sure your "fair and balanced perspective" will continue to make excuses for the character and postulate how someone who is clearly outmatched and extremely vulnerable to Magneto's powerset *should* have won against someone who is also well documented to be a tactical and scientific genius.

But you are right, you have admitted that Apocalypse could not defeat Magneto on his own. He would require a team.  

>> 1.  "Outside assistance" meaning full prep? Then that probably is correct.    <<

Of course , if he gets a team and years of prep, Magneto gets a team and years of prep....and this becomes another battle thread entirely.

In a fair fight, mano-e-mano, Apocalypse goes down.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cracks
    @Pania: 
    Hello.  I never know "LOL's" were cute. LMAO. Maybe I should show them to my girlfriend.  Anyway, enough with your Homo sapien complexity.   

5. I am looking for an explanation as to how Magneto did this. Did Magneto use candy to defend himself from those attacks? Or did he use chicken tenders? Try to please explain what was going on. For instance, Magneto's shield withstood Phoenix's attacks because of the "bottle effect" explanation. Try to give an answer like that if you can .

6. That is my point as well. X-Man was not even able to defeat holocaust. That is pathetic.  

What exactly were holocaust and Apocalypse doing to Magneto, while Magneto was being held by Apocalypse? How exactly was he being tortured? Why didn't Magneto fight back?

Would it make a difference if just Apocalypse had full prep that lasted a few years and Magneto had no prep at all?  No teams.

Thanks.            %Pr
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pania
    @cracks said:

" @Pania:  Hello.  I never know "LOL's" were cute. LMAO. Maybe I should show them to my girlfriend.  Anyway, enough with your Homo sapien complexity.     5. I am looking for an explanation as to how Magneto did this. Did Magneto use candy to defend himself from those attacks? Or did he use chicken tenders? Try to please explain what was going on. For instance, Magneto's shield withstood Phoenix's attacks because of the "bottle effect" explanation. Try to give an answer like that if you can .  6. That is my point as well. X-Man was not even able to defeat holocaust. That is pathetic.    What exactly were holocaust and Apocalypse doing to Magneto, while Magneto was being held by Apocalypse? How exactly was he being tortured? Why didn't Magneto fight back?  Would it make a difference if just Apocalypse had full prep that lasted a few years and Magneto had no prep at all?  No teams. Thanks.            %Pr "

5. Are you not even reading my posts? I already answered both these questions. 

Re: Thor and Galactus. He used his electromagnetic shields: a big bubble of electromagnetic energy that repels objects and energies. He uses them all the time. They are that strong. (Have you even read a comic with Magneto in it other than AoA? Actually given the lack of familiarity with the details of AoA, are you just reading plot synopsis on wiki?)

And (as I put in the science article I linked to twice, but you obviously are just too *brilliant* to bother reading)  in fact scientists in RL are experimenting with magnetic shielding as part of the space program.

Here is the answer I already provided for the Phoenix question:

>> As for how he defeated the Phoenix: What the text said is that he created a "bottle effect" and drained of her energy, the picture pretty much showed Phoenix with a field of energy around her and her energy flowing out the top. The only copy of that issue I have in my collection that I can find is graded and encased so I cannot give you that scan. I probably have another copy in a reprint (Like Classic X-Men) but we are talking about shifting through 8 long boxes worth of comics to find it. 

But here is the synopsis from UncannyXMen.net:

" He feels optimistic, as there is only Marvel Girl to keep him from total victory. “First off, Magneto, the name isn’t Marvel Girl anymore!” says Jean as she assaults Magneto on myriad levels of psychic and physical power that rivals Xavier’s. “It’s Phoenix!” As she stands before him with the Phoenix Force around her, Magneto is forced to the ground. “Good god,” he says in disbelief, unsure where all Jean’s new power has come from. Jean’s attack is impressive and Magneto begins to falter under sustained pressure. She feels confident and asks how he hopes to stand against one whose power is born of the raging sun itself. 

Suddenly, however, there is no more power left and she finds she has reached her limit. She didn’t even know she had a limit. As she falters, Magneto uses the magnetic bottle effect he’s created to draw the life-energy out of Phoenix like a sponge. Behind him, Wolverine rouses, rubbing the back of his neck. He sees Magneto putting the kibosh on Jean and it looks like she’s going down for the count. He stands, despite his pain, as Magneto proudly exclaims that eight of them entered his domain and eight of them have gone down to defeat at his hands. "

And the link.  

And if you want to know the scientific plausibility of such an act, again you can refer to my essay here. Specifically this part:

"Magneto should also be able deflect the solar winds (perhaps a variant of Marvel’s nebulous “cosmic energy”) as the Earth’s own magnetosphere does. He should be able to shape the northern/southern lights, which is the solar wind reflecting off the atmosphere at the poles (a rather romantic image). Because the solar winds travel along magnetic lines of force, it is theoretically possible for Magneto to shape and focus that energy and matter into something more damaging."<<

...like sucking the energy away from the Phoenix. 

Do you see why people would get annoyed with you? 

6. Yes yes, the "bad writing" excuse. Whatever. 

The first four pages of X-Men: Omega are Magneto being toured with energy. He's being zapped with something. As to why he did not escape or strike back, as I put the scan above: THEY HAD HIS SON!

I'm not going to pull any more punches. (And I can honestly say I have never said this on this board before.) You are asking questions I have already given you the answers too, you just lack the ability to think enough to put the answers together. Either you are engaging in a level of intellectual dishonesty that is affecting your ability to  process information, or you are an idiot. Actually, they are pretty much the same thing. 

So I'm done. You go dream your little "'Pocky is the best thing eVAR" fanboy dreams, I'm out before I get even more annoyed. 

P.S. No, in battle threads, you are not allowed to give one opponent unfair advatage in a pathetic attempt to let them win by any means possible.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cracks
    @Pania: Do you mind if I go drink some beer?          %Pr
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cracks
    @xerox-kitty: 
    THEY HAD HIS SON!            %Pr

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.