Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Q:Wich X should I read????

RobinNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi I'm a new reader to comics and I wanted to star reading x men but I was a little scared because there long complicated history so wich all new marvel x men title are goog start point

I have read AvX

Seen all X men movies

So I have a general knowledge of the X Men

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@robinnight: are there particular characters that interest you more than others?

all of the main books ( X-Men (vol.4), Uncanny X-Men (vol.3), Wolverine & the X-Men (vol.2) and Amazing X-Men) are all pretty decent at the moment, depending on which characters you like or what kinds of stories you prefer.

Some are better than others in some ways, but they're all worth a read lately.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ascended

Some comic books have inconsistencies, so just take advice from whoever has a lot of experience with them and they will tell you which one is good or not.

RobinNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler Yes in Iceman he seems cool and I bought the first issue of the new Wolverin and X men series and I enjoed it but the part with wolverine I understood nothing who this guy was and I wiki him and I was more confused

I know Iceman is in all new X men and there are now with the uncanny x men so do I have to read both?

And thanks for answering

RobinNight52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Yes in Iceman he seems cool and I bought the first issue of the new Wolverin and X men series and I enjoed it but the part with wolverine I understood nothing who this guy was and I wiki him and I was more confusedI know Iceman is in all new X men and there are now with the uncanny x men so do I have to read both?And thanks for answering

RobinNight52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@oldnightcrawler: Yes in Iceman he seems cool and I bought the first issue of the new Wolverin and X men series and I enjoed it but the part with wolverine I understood nothing who this guy was and I wiki him and I was more confusedI know Iceman is in all new X men and there are now with the uncanny x men so do I have to read both?And thanks for answering

oh yeah, teenage Iceman and the other original X-men from the past are in All-New X-Men; I forgot about that one since I haven't been following it, but the first 15 issues were pretty fun. Kid Iceman's pretty funny. They're supposedly based at Cyclops' school, but they aren't really on his team; they have their own team with Kitty and X-23, so if you're only interested in Iceman or the other X-men from the past, you don't really need to read Uncanny X-Men (although it is pretty good).

If you're more interested in the adult Iceman that's been around since the beginning, he's sometimes featured in Amazing X-Men with the school faculty team, though he's yet to be a very central character in it so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.