Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Q about Messiah Complex

shmish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shmish

HI,

I have general question about the Messiah complex.  I suppose it applies to many other comics, things like Age of Apocolypse too.

I've been away from comics for many years and interested in reading some new stuff.  Looking through the forums made me think the Messiah complex is a good start.  I checked it out on wikipedia.  Here's my question.  How the heck is a person that is trying to follow messiah complex supposed to know that the <series? plot?  not sure what you call it> follows this order:

October 2007

• Chapter 1: X-Men: Messiah Complex one-shot.

November 2007

December 2007

• Chapter 6: Uncanny X-Men #493
    • Chapter 7: X-Factor #26
    • Chapter 8: New X-Men #45
    • Chapter 9: X-Men #206

January 2008

• Chapter 10: Uncanny X-Men #494
    • Chapter 11: X-Factor #27
    • Chapter 12: New X-Men #46
    • Chapter 13: X-Men #207

Accepting for the time that wikipedia is correct, how would a person know what to follow without checking something like wikipedia?
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

at the end of the comic it says where to find the next chapter

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Slinger

Each of the comics has what chapter of Messiah Complex it is clearly printed on the front cover. I don't remember exactly, but I believe the first issue, and this is pretty standard for all of the big events in Marvel these days, has a checklist of all the important issues to pick up to follow the series.

shmish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shmish

Right on, thanks.

Another dumb question: generally speaking is it difficult to obtain the comics listed above?  I know many of my questions are kind of dumb and could be quickly answered by a trip to a comic shop, it's just that I'm stuck at home for a few weeks and can't really go anywhere.

thx

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Slinger

They shouldn't be too hard to come by, each one had a variant cover available, and I believe most, if not all, were reprinted. I'm very certain they will all be available as one trade paperback very soon if they haven't already been compiled as one. Marvel is usually quick to do that.

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By The Enigma
    Just buy the Messiah Complex Hardcover, which is out now, or wait until November for the Paperback edition. Both of these contain all the issues directly assosiated with Messiah Complex.
    Garluneg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Garluneg

I have the hardcover, my first hardcover, and I enjoy the format. I would recommend it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.