Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Psylocke picture - can you help?

dustybeijing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Hi. I have an X-related tattoo on my arm, and want to continue adding to it with a pin-up girl - but my pin-up girl has to be a biracial mutant superhero with purple-black hair... so I guess Psylocke is my only option...

Anyway, I was around 10-11 when I started getting into comics in 1994-95, when the Claremont/Lee stuff (X-Men #1, 1991) was being (re)printed here in the UK. The image I've attached, which would make an awesome tattoo, is from a book called "The Essential Guide", also printed around that time, but this version is tiny and won't make a good reference. The same picture was printed as part of the cover of UK's X-Men #26, but her midriff is blocked.

My collection is incomplete, and so far going through my collection and Google images (for hours) I've been unable to find the original version of this picture.

As I can't have her in my life, I at least want Betsy on my skin.. so my plea to you is to help me figure out where this drawing came from...

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think it's in x-men 2 or 3

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dustybeijing:

Its from the beginning of X-Tiction Agenda, Uncnny X-Men 271 I think when Psylocke, Wolverine and Jubilee are leaping into battle. Although, in the actual image, I think her right arm is covered. That image you have there might have been cropped to use as a patch or a graphic.

No Caption Provided

dustybeijing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle:

Thank you! I knew I'd seen it in an actual issue before!

I must have it somewhere... now that I know I'm not crazy, I'll keep looking...

@darthphoenix: Thanks for the reply too :)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

@dustybeijing:

I have the image from the issue, I don't know how large you need it to be though.

No Caption Provided

dustybeijing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Thanks :) once I knew where it was from, I got quite excited and started looking through my books again. Eventually I found a fairly hi-res image on Google after a bit of trawling, then photoshopped her hand from another picture into this one to make a complete figure (I can draw alright, but the tattoo's gotta be Jim artwork all the way..!)

You've been really helpful, thanks again

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

extinction agenda

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.