Psylocke becomes leader of the new X-Force and Bishop coming back

• 57 results
#1 Posted by time (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure everyone heard that the line up of Uncanny X-Force is changing The line -up will consist of Psylocke, Storm, Puck and Spiral and some other characters will join the team as well. One of the major viilians they encounter is Bishop and it looks like they will encounter Cable and the X-Force too.

Here is a link on the topic

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/uncanny-x-force-psylocke-humphries.html

Who looking forward to this title ? Who would you like to see join this team ?

Psylocke is leader of a team, the series will focus on her and Storm will have a major part to play in it too.

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it a shot even if I'm not big on Storm on X-Force. I'm hoping for Sage to come into this since she and Bishop have history "If Forge can come back so can she".

#3 Posted by windcaster (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping Shard will return soon.

#4 Posted by Mr_Colossus (93 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it a shot. I was real impressed by the first series of the Uncanny X-force. I know this is a different creative team as well as line up. I'm not as enthused about this line up as I was about the first series, but I'm hoping they will change my mind. I'm interested in the "3" other member that will be added to the group. Maybe they have some great choices to add that will round out the team. I'm real interested in what they may have in store for a kind of cross over with the Cable and the X-force series. That should be real interesting to see what they can come up with. I think i'm more excited about Cable and the X-force series over this one, but mainly it's because it has my boy Colossus on it. I will give them both a chance and lets see what they do with it.

#5 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the premise and everything behind it...but this should NOT be called Uncanny X-Force. In all honesty, that was Remender's.

#6 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

I like the premise and everything behind it...but this should NOT be called Uncanny X-Force. In all honesty, that was Remender's.

QFT.

#7 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Once again... nice title!

#8 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Very strange lineup so far, really not getting Psylocke as the leader of anything at this point, will have to read and see

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Very strange lineup so far, really not getting Psylocke as the leader of anything at this point, will have to read and see

The part that bugs me the most is why have Storm on the roster?

#10 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

So there's two X-Force's...

Cool to see Bishop back tho.

#11 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

The part that bugs me the most is why have Storm on the roster?

Sales wise I can see why you would include her, but creatively I agree it's a sketchy choice.

The only way I can see her on the team that makes sense is if she is there to make sure X-Force stays reigned in and provide oversight to make sure any bodycount is justified. But, if that is so, why in the hell would she be a member and not a team leader? I really do not see any way she takes orders from Betsy that makes much sense.

I give Marvel credit for taking chances and making some significant changes with Marvel Now, but so far the majority of them do not look for the better.

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (37711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: From one of the interviews I read, Humphries did say that they will keep X-Force as well...X-Force. So there will be blood, it will be edgy still. I know Storm has killed before but she isn't comparable to the likes of Wolverine or Psylocke when it comes to it and she is so against X-Force in the first place. Idk how it is gonna work really. I can understand a leader position would be better so she can keep control but being under Betsy I just see her complaining at them constantly and butting heads with her yet she will remain on the team. Idk, I just see it as possible character mutilation that will make her like Beast or she is just gonna be a background nag that fights every now and then.

#13 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Brazen_Intellect: From one of the interviews I read, Humphries did say that they will keep X-Force as well...X-Force. So there will be blood, it will be edgy still. I know Storm has killed before but she isn't comparable to the likes of Wolverine or Psylocke when it comes to it and she is so against X-Force in the first place. Idk how it is gonna work really. I can understand a leader position would be better so she can keep control but being under Betsy I just see her complaining at them constantly and butting heads with her yet she will remain on the team. Idk, I just see it as possible character mutilation that will make her like Beast or she is just gonna be a background nag that fights every now and then.

Character Assassination = Marvel Now!

#14 Edited by Dark_Magician (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Storm here? And shouldn't she be the leader instead? Not that I prefer Storm over Psylocke (which I don't, Psylocke is great!) but I think that makes better sense.

#15 Edited by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Agreed totally.

I mean, Scott is Gone, Storm is THE next leader sans Scott and they are doing this? Something is odd here.

#16 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Umbraa said:

@god_spawn said:

Agreed totally.

I mean, Scott is Gone, Storm is THE next leader sans Scott and they are doing this? Something is odd here.

Don't even get me started. I am hoping for the best, but I am honestly p!ssed at Marvel for this. In the Xperts interview they went on record saying Storm is the moral compass of the team and opposes X-Force even more so than Beast. Now they have her on a kill squad and haven't explained in anyway shape or form as to why.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the Psylocke X-Force,Cable's one is cooler.

#18 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i''ll only get this because storm & bishop are in the book. don't care for cable 's x-force.

#19 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@blood1991 what history do sage and bishop have?

#20 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@blood1991 what history do sage and bishop have?

The two were paired as partners all throughout Xtreme X-Men posing as FBI I do believe.

#21 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

To all of you whom are consistently questioning Ororo's being there, regardless of her constantly denouncing the very idea of X-Force and preemptive killing, please refer to each and every-single one of Humphries' interview regarding her position and the team's purpose. Like he said, the woman has layers. It'd be extremely silly for you all to be under the impression that she is just the caring, motherly, self-sanctioned Goddess...everyone's got a dark side.

#22 Posted by Rickbarry (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Bishop better not try reasoning with any babies this time around. Why must he be a bad guy? I used to love this guy.

#23 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@AgeofHurricane: Bishop better not try reasoning with any babies this time around. Why must he be a bad guy? I used to love this guy.

I loved him and still love him. The guy's great. And he was right, too. Had he actually succeeded in murdering Hope Summers, we would have been the spared the travesty that is AvX.

But on a more serious note, it's sad how Marvel had to turn one of their (imo) greatest minority characters into an out of control zealot.

#24 Posted by Jeanniebird (115 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forwad to Cable's X-Force, but honestly I can't bring myself to look forward to this as well. It just seems to me that a writer fanboy took a bunch of characters and put them in on title. I'm fine with Betsy and Spiral, Puck could be interesting as well, but Storm in a team with the teaser 'Killer' is just wrong. She was always one of the X-Men who are strongly against Logan's Strike team. I don't thing she would support a similar team and even be a member of it.

@AgeofHurricane: Yes, I won't deny that she has 'layers'. The opposite, I'm a huge fan of the time she had a mohawk or the issue where she literally ripped out Marrows heart. I know Storm isn't above killing, but she still views it as a last resort. She wouldn't go around and kill all potential threats precautionally like the uncanny X-Force does.

#25 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jeanniebird: Well, i suppose we'll just have to wait and see why she even considers membership.

#26 Posted by jhazzroucher (15588 posts) - - Show Bio

so it's Psylocke's team vs Cable's team correct?

#27 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry said:

I loved him and still love him. The guy's great. And he was right, too. Had he actually succeeded in murdering Hope Summers, we would have been the spared the travesty that is AvX.

But on a more serious note, it's sad how Marvel had to turn one of their (imo) greatest minority characters into an out of control zealot.

I agree with him getting rid of Hope at this point. What a waste.

#28 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see where this goes.

#29 Edited by Dernman (14961 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

so it's Psylocke's team vs Cable's team correct?

It's Uncanny Avengers vs Cables team. IIRC the teams have nothing to do with each other. 
#30 Posted by Dernman (14961 posts) - - Show Bio

Not  looking forward to Psylocke's team but I'm really interested in Cable's team. I'm so glad they are bringing Bishop back as Cable's enemy. I found that side of Bishop really interesting.

#31 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Not looking forward to Psylocke's team but I'm really interested in Cable's team. I'm so glad they are bringing Bishop back as Cable's enemy. I found that side of Bishop really interesting.

He's an enemy for the Uncanny team, not Cable's, I thought?

#32 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Dernman said:

Not looking forward to Psylocke's team but I'm really interested in Cable's team. I'm so glad they are bringing Bishop back as Cable's enemy. I found that side of Bishop really interesting.

That is what I thought too. Psylocke's random squad is supposed to be hunting him down.

#33 Posted by Dernman (14961 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Dernman said:

That is what I thought too. Psylocke's random squad is supposed to be hunting him down.

I thought he comes in on the second arc of Cable and X-Force. While the first arc was about keeping away from the law and finding Hope.   Maybe I'm wrong though. I could have misread or something. I'll try and look for where I read it so I can double check.
#34 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: Please do. Maybe Psylocke's team fails and Cable's team goes after him.

#35 Posted by Dernman (14961 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine@Blood1991 said:

@Dernman: Please do. Maybe Psylocke's team fails and Cable's team goes after him.

Yeah I checked a couple of sources and I was wrong. Bishop is the first villain of Uncanny. What I got wrong was one of them suggesting a crossover. 
Here is where they state Bishop is the villain of Uncanny. 

Marvel.com: The villain for the first arc is Bishop, who has been going through a rough patch since his days on the X-Men. Does Psylocke see him as someone she needs to stop or as someone she needs to save?

Sam Humphries: That question is going to be largely immaterial as they try to dodge his bullets.

Marvel.com: What about Storm's relationship with Bishop? Reunited and it feels so good?

Sam Humphries: Bishop is the man she remembers, but not the man she remembers. He was abandoned in the year 6300 AD. The dude has been alone, thousands of years in the future. A man goes through a lot of changes trying to get from 6300 AD to the present day. It is going to be an ugly reunion all around.

#36 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: Thanks for clearing that up.

#37 Edited by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

I am fine with Psylocke as a team leader. What I am wondering aside from th team make up which I am unsure of is how Bishop is going to make a villian here. He went off the rails when he thought killing Hope would prevent his bad future from happening and did some truely horrible thngs, like shooting Xavier in the head or destroying entire continents to prevent from using the entire world to hid by trapping Cable and Hope trapped in North America. What I am wondering is will he still be in kill Hope mode or will be be reasonable or at least understandable. I do want there to be an eventual meeting between Cable in Bishop cause they did not part on the best of terms previously.

#38 Posted by Jeanniebird (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Yeah, I guess you're right. I just hope there is a good reason, which drastically changes my opinion. I want this book to be good, I really do. I enjoyed Remenders run so much, it deserves a good continuation.

#39 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jeanniebird said:

@AgeofHurricane: Yeah, I guess you're right. I just hope there is a good reason, which drastically changes my opinion. I want this book to be good, I really do. I enjoyed Remenders run so much, it deserves a good continuation.

As do i, but i feel differently about Uncanny's continuation. Remender set the bar so damn high that it shouldn't be continued. This should be another title and direction entirely. But like i said, we'll need to wait and see.

#40 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

My thoughts:

• Why is Storm on the roster?
  • If Storm is on the roster, why isn't she team leader?
  • Which version of Bishop are we getting here? Is he crazy or is he good Bishop?
  • Did we really need two X-Force books? I would argue that we did not.
#41 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4230 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry said:

Agree with you both. That said Bishop is the only reason I'm even remotely interested in this title.

#42 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry said:

I agree with him getting rid of Hope at this point. What a waste.

Is there a "Bishop was right" image?

#43 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I would've liked spiral with cable and colossus team. Matching metal arms!!

#44 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Look what I found

#45 Posted by McKlayn (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

it doesnt really say Psylocke is the leader of X force, it says that the book will center around her but its possible that Storm still be the leader with Psylocke the main character, at least i could see it happening, i just have a hard time seeing Storm not be the leader on this team

#46 Posted by McKlayn (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

and Bishop is by far one of my favorite characters i am very interested in his return

#47 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3531 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to see Spiral back but that looks like alternate reality Storm and I agree that I don't Psylocke being the leader of any team.

#48 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides: It's not an alt reality Storm, reason being, Humphries states that something happens between Storm and Psylocke in AvX to lead into this...

#49 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

Ouuu. Mohawk storm! Fun to have her back, I was getting tired of the Queen of Wakanda.

#50 Posted by neiliusprime (254 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Storm's and Psylocke's new looks/costumes, but I don't like the new team.

I'm assuming since Fantomex is dead, the female Fantomex that is on the cover is EVA

@TDK_1997 said:

I don't like the Psylocke X-Force,Cable's one is cooler.

I agree

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.