Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Professor X betting pool

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Anyone want to take bets on how long it''ll be before we see professor X pop up again?

I am thinking a huge crossover event in about a year to a year and a half.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

They've made it a point to keep Xavier dead for awhile. I doubt we'll see him come back in the next 5 years.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hope its not for a long long time if at all. Maybe he can exist in some alternate universe/reality that has its own book but not in the main continuity. This would make his death even more significant. In fact if they really want to bring Xavier back then a series about his life and maybe some untold stories would maybe work for those that are just fans of his. Maybe similar to how they are doing Legion with a journey through his mind

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@hawk2916 said:

I hope its not for a long long time if at all. Maybe he can exist in some alternate universe/reality that has its own book but not in the main continuity. This would make his death even more significant. In fact if they really want to bring Xavier back then a series about his life and maybe some untold stories would maybe work for those that are just fans of his. Maybe similar to how they are doing Legion with a journey through his mind

yeah, I love Xavier, he's one of my favorites, but I'd rather they made his death actually stick. It would just mean more.

And, like you say, that doesn't prevent them from telling stories about him set in the past or in alternate realities, which, at this point would actually interest me more, personally.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Nightcrawler'll be back for Xavier personally speaking, since he's been dead longer and has a pretty decent fan-base waiting for him.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

i think hes good for the forseeable future

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I respect you greatly but you cannot possibly subscribe to that. Xavier will return to lauded fanfare ala the muir island saga or something. After all modern writers cannot possibly come up with anything truly new and copying Claremont's exodus is a good idea in their book...

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I respect you greatly but you cannot possibly subscribe to that. Xavier will return to lauded fanfare ala the muir island saga or something. After all modern writers cannot possibly come up with anything truly new and copying Claremont's exodus is a good idea in their book...

I'm really just saying what I would prefer.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Kurt better stay dead.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: We both know that Marvel is just like Halo, only thing different is respawn time.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sinisteri

If Shadow King could exist without a body, then why couldn't Xavier. What if Xavier resurfaced as a pure telepathic entity to shut down Res Skull just for starters.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinisteri: Very true. I mean the bastard hasn't been in his original body since the 80's so why not right?

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very true! DC reboots, Marvel clones and de-ages, but its the same guy complete with history intact!

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PassionFlower

I don't see him back any time soon I think so much going on is framed by his death.

TheFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I'm kinda hoping Chuck stays buried, so to speak. Or comes back in purely astral form as was suggested above.

More likely, though, he'll probably resurface in time to make the premier of DoFP. If/when he does return, I want to see him primarily in charge of the school or some other authority based role in the MU (fingers crossed for Xavier, director of SHIELD). I think it'd be far cooler for Xavier to evaluate his dream from the sidelines.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I give it 8 years

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They've made it a point to keep Xavier dead for awhile. I doubt we'll see him come back in the next 5 years.

This. He's the new Jean Grey... after a while someone will just bring another young version of him from the past or there will be a new, bald, mutant Messiah

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By chasereis

@veitha: voluptuous red head to middle aged bald guy? Talk about your dramatic loss in quality, who would write Lobdell? Austen? Kidding. Actually I see so many parallels o Claremonts early eighties run right now it inst funny. Where the starjammers at eh?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.