Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

prof x and jean's telepathy

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i just realized maybe another inconsistency in marvel's writing about jean and the phoenix. during the battle of xavier and dark phoenix, xavier won. But when he tried to go inside jean's head even with jean's permission, he wasn't able to go in because he said he'd turn into ashes. This is just jean who just had phoenix in her, not even the DARK PHOENIX entity in full rage itself.

I mean how could have he won when his powers doesn't even affect powerful creatures in full rage. Just like what happened with hulk

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Koays  Online

Prof X is stronger then you think. He may have been able to go one on one with the phoenix in a battle of telepathy but not able to face it on home turf.....either way I don't think you can compare Hulk situation to anything since they have to avoid the easy fix with that

Which issue are we talking about here

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dark Phoenix personal, was beaten by both Xavier and Jeans consciousness, he even said that he would have lost if it weren't for her. Also, new xmen Jean reaching her full potential, and Xavier had already charted that she would surpass him.

Put Xavier and Jean together and Phoenix had no chance

Rhino999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're looking for consistency in Marvel and Phoenix. You'll find none.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just realized maybe another inconsistency in marvel's writing about jean and the phoenix. during the battle of xavier and dark phoenix, xavier won. But when he tried to go inside jean's head even with jean's permission, he wasn't able to go in because he said he'd turn into ashes. This is just jean who just had phoenix in her, not even the DARK PHOENIX entity in full rage itself.

I mean how could have he won when his powers doesn't even affect powerful creatures in full rage. Just like what happened with hulk

A telepathic battle is not waged on the same battle ground as a telepathic read/scan. The first takes place on the psi plane the other actually happens in the mind of the invaded. Xavier was trying to contain the Phoenix and it met him as he tried, they would have not had to venture into the mind of Phoenix to contain it as you contain things from the outside. The Phoenix and Xavier fought on every plane of existence not the mind of Jean Grey when they fought anyway according to the narrative. Later Jean did not have the Phoenix in her, there was an ocean of psychic light that was her mind, she said plenty of times that the only way she would become Phoenix was if she let it get close, one would have to cross the ocean to reach the Phoenix , and she was not crossing it either.

fridric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: I hate this last years stories in Marvel comics because everyone now is resistant or immune to telepathy even people who don't have any powers! Hulk during WWH is completely a BS for me. Even if Hulk has a strong will he can't block mental attacks! Prof X can separate Hulk's spirit from his body to stop him, he is not a problem for a telepath like Xavier. The new writters of Marvel don't know what telepahty is and can do. So don't trust every BS they create these last years, it's unlogical in the marvelverse itself.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fridric: I agree Marvel has toned down the TP too much, I'm at odds with it from a different view point that your own however...TP is most often countered by Tech, either completely or the Psyhics fight against it Very few instances bypassing it

As for Xavier Vs Pheonix , Marvel has editors & writers that change through out the years or in a year sometimes even in months, Unfortunately they aren't as consistent as they should be or they Retcon things some for the better or worst.

But Xavier Isn't any near as strong as the Pheonix nor should he be able to lift a finger against a Pyshic Pheonix Host.

fridric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternalgrandmaster: I think as like you too. For me only the cosmic entities/beings can bypass tech with their TP because they are omnipotent. Only tech heroes like Vision or enemies like sentinels are really immune to TP if we don't count superior cosmic characters(not certain current ones like Silver Surfer/Quasar/Nova who can be attacked psychically).

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier, Emma frost, Jean Grey and nate Grey have bypassed tech with telepathy, Xavier and Emma have battled comics like ego, galactic, Phoenix and void

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.