Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

PREVIEW - X-Men #20

• 87 results
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AgeofHurricane

IMO, so far this is looking pretty neat, LOL at the lil convo that Jubes and Pete had. (nice to know he still has some sense of humour left in him)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

Warpath "Super-Strength". Psylocke "Telepathic Ninja". Oh dear... Mr Gischler continues to worry me with his lack of character knowledge. I still have my doubts about how this title is being run, but at lteast it's finally got a core team.

someone042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By someone042

well the art is good but warpath "Super-Strength" he is making me worried

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

He's been drinking too much beer, but so far he seem's to be doing an OK job.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jhazzroucher

I love Storm, Jubilee and Domino on the same team. : )

I wonder why Colossus looks bald.

Jubilee looks really, really cool.

and that's War Machine right?

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Hey guys, Warpath has super strength last I checked... I know he has super senses too, but there isn't much space to write that. I mean, Colossus is organic steel, but that wouldn't mean anything to people unfamiliar with the character either. lets give him a chance, this looks amazing IMO and the art is fantastic! I wish Storm and Colossus were not on this team though, seeing as they will be in Uncanny as well. I would have like to have seen Dazzler and Northstar instead.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By papad1992

I like this core team!! It has the honest fighters (Storm and Warpath), the secret keepers (Psylocke and Domino), and the ones who hide something evil inside them (Jubilee and Colossus)!! So far on character choices... this book gets an A in my book!!

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@papad1992 said:

I like this core team!! It has the honest fighters (Storm and Warpath), the secret keepers (Psylocke and Domino), and the ones who hide something evil inside them (Jubilee and Colossus)!! So far on character choices... this book gets an A in my book!!

Nice observation. But still, would have like to have seen Dazzler and Northstar get some spotlight too.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By papad1992

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

Nice observation. But still, would have like to have seen Dazzler and Northstar get some spotlight too.

They would make great additions later on!! There's always room for more members!! Plus isn't Northstar apart of Alpha Flight again or is he still an X-Man!?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jhazzroucher

@papad1992 said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

They would make great additions later on!! There's always room for more members!! Plus isn't Northstar apart of Alpha Flight again or is he still an X-Man!?

I think Alpha Flight has been cancelled. but not sure.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@papad1992 said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

Ya Gillen said he would be doing double duty as an X-men and Alpha Flight member.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By papad1992

@jhazzroucher said:

@papad1992 said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

I think Alpha Flight has been cancelled. but not sure.

The new one?? That came out of Chaos War??

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By papad1992

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

Ya Gillen said he would be doing double duty as an X-men and Alpha Flight member.

I just read... it's been cancelled!! Poor Alpha Flight they can never stick around. But that means more Northstar in X-Men, yay!! Hopefully he'll be paired with Dazzler on this team (because that would seem to fit) or another team!!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@papad1992 said:

Really nice.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jhazzroucher

@papad1992 said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

I just read... it's been cancelled!! Poor Alpha Flight they can never stick around. But that means more Northstar in X-Men, yay!! Hopefully he'll be paired with Dazzler on this team (because that would seem to fit) or another team!!

I also want Dazzler (with a better x-uniform) and Northstar to be on the team too. and of course, I want Hollow/Penance to join the team. : )

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@papad1992 said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

Alpha Flight... poor Alpha Flight...

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By jordama

Meh

I never liked this artist. And the characters seem a little dry.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By papad1992

@jhazzroucher said:

@papad1992 said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

I also want Dazzler (with a better x-uniform) and Northstar to be on the team too. and of course, I want Hollow/Penance to join the team. : )

While we're at it lets just bring back Sage, Lifeguard, and Thunderbird III (man I miss all three of those guys) and throw them into the pot!!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By ReVamp

Damn. Actually happy at this team. Warpath and Jubilee plus with Storm leading, it could be really good. Storm hasn't been on a fixed title in a while.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrinceIMC

Alpha Flight wasn't cancelled. It was intended to be an 8 issue series for Fear Itself and if it sold well they'd think about continuing it as a series. Though just because the book isn't being published doesn't mean the team isn't still around. At least Northstar being on two teams makes sense. He can fly from the west coast to the east coast in half an hour.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By madrid_san

This is looking interesting. I'm so glad Logan has his own team so he won't appear on ALL x titles. Gives room for plenty others to shine :) yay for Jimmy, Jubilee and Domino!

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@madrid_san said:

This is looking interesting. I'm so glad Logan has his own team so he won't appear on ALL x titles. Gives room for plenty others to shine :) yay for Jimmy, Jubilee and Domino!

QFT! Domino was sick in that first scene. I am also glad for Jimmy and Jubes! :D

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Daycrawler

Great team choice with lots of interesting members. Was on the verge of dropping this book as it seemed like a pretty random and aimless X-Men team up book. Like the artist too. Soooo glad they've brought back Domino after just dropping her from X-Force with no explanation. Great to see Warpath too and I'm intrigued with Psylockes role on the team, given that she's still in Logan's kill crew. Hopefully this is the core team for while. My only worry is that it's still Gischler writing. The guy seriously needs to up his game. For the most part, his plotting has been half-assed and generic and characterization and dialogue pretty flat and bland. The point 1 issue with Ghost Rider in it was the most meaningless, pointless, badly written and horrible thing I've read with the X-Men in it since Peter Milligan's run on (New) X-Men. And this issue was meant to be an intro for new readers! Humongous fail!

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

I really like all the characters in this team, but somehow it all looks so mistmatched, like this is the team with all the characters nobody knew what else to do with. Just look at them there, sitting on that plane. It's like five names drawn randomly out of a hat.

I'm yet to understand how this title is going to differentiate itself from other X-books. Could they be smart enough to capitalize on the fact that this team is predominantly female? Could this be Marvel's Bird of Prey - a title that showcases awesome female characters (and some equally awesome male characters) who kick ass and get great character developement? Could this mean that they're finally bringing Storm and Jubilee back to the spotlight, and give cool underused characters like Domino and Warpath some much-deserved panel time? Nah, that's probably just my wishful thinking. It's most likely going to be Collection of Randoms & Their Thematically Vague Adventures.

Anyways, I'm so hoping that this one won't be a dud simply because these characters deserve better. And at least the art is great - Jubilee looks particularly fantastic here. Go Team Random!

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

Dazzlers hanging around with the students that stayed on utopia. Cycke calls it Dazzler and the X-kids

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Thunderscream

Why wouldn't Psylocke be behind the wheel....she's a frickin charter pilot.

the art's nice, but that dialogue is pretty crappy...

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By butterflykyss

@AgeofHurricane: thnks for the post the goddess looks amazing in the scans! cant wait for next mnth!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jhazzroucher

@MyraMyraMyra said:

I really like all the characters in this team, but somehow it all looks so mistmatched, like this is the team with all the characters nobody knew what else to do with. Just look at them there, sitting on that plane. It's like five names drawn randomly out of a hat.

I'm yet to understand how this title is going to differentiate itself from other X-books. Could they be smart enough to capitalize on the fact that this team is predominantly female? Could this be Marvel's Bird of Prey - a title that showcases awesome female characters (and some equally awesome male characters) who kick ass and get great character developement? Could this mean that they're finally bringing Storm and Jubilee back to the spotlight, and give cool underused characters like Domino and Warpath some much-deserved panel time? Nah, that's probably just my wishful thinking. It's most likely going to be Collection of Randoms & Their Thematically Vague Adventures.

Anyways, I'm so hoping that this one won't be a dud simply because these characters deserve better. And at least the art is great - Jubilee looks particularly fantastic here. Go Team Random!

i like how you call the team. and yeah! jubilee really looks awesome here.

Go Team Random! : )

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By papad1992

@BlackArmor said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

Dazzlers hanging around with the students that stayed on utopia. Cycke calls it Dazzler and the X-kids

Now that to me sounds frickin awesome!! Dazzler has never spent any time whatsoever with the kids!! She was never a teacher/ mentor and she also missed out on the whole Messiah thing... so if this is true than this is defiantly a reason why to pick up Uncanny X-Men or X-Men or whatever book they'll be in!!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jhazzroucher

@papad1992 said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

Now that to me sounds frickin awesome!! Dazzler has never spent any time whatsoever with the kids!! She was never a teacher/ mentor and she also missed out on the whole Messiah thing... so if this is true than this is defiantly a reason why to pick up Uncanny X-Men or X-Men or whatever book they'll be in!!

Dazzler with skates please and her classic costume.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Degalon

@AgeofHurricane said:

IMO, so far this is looking pretty neat, LOL at the lil convo that Jubes and Pete had. (nice to know he still has some sense of humour left in him)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

How is Jubilee still being labeled as "teenage"? Isn't she like, in her 20s now?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Degalon: It's comics. people don't grow old. Even Shadowcat is still a teen too.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

This looks really interesting so far!! I love the fact that Storm is leading the team and it was great seeing Jubilee and Warpath again! I also love Colossus' new look! I just hope the writing's good.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Degalon

@Rabbitearsblog:

Meh. Without his hair, Peter just looks like a generic robot.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Degalon said:

@Rabbitearsblog:

Meh. Without his hair, Peter just looks like a generic robot.

True. Hopefully, Colossus will get his hair back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Jubilee, teenage vampire. At least she's not an obnoxious mall-rat anymore, I guess...

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@jhazzroucher: Hope Summers is living proof that your statement isn't necassarily true.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By chiq

What is this team all about? Is this a stealth team? if it is, why is Colossus in it? He's a supposed to be a heavy hitter. Well at least they will manage to get out of most hairy situations with a freaking juggernaut on the team. Looks interesting though... I hope they finally answer a lot of questions regarding Colossus new powers, looking forward to betsy and jubes too...Pete w/ Cyttorak, Jubes and Betsy...might have to look into this. Is Colossus part of the team or is he just on loan from the uncanny brotherhood?(looking forward to that book too)

Anyone know what the mission statement of this team is? If x-force is the stealth team and uncanny is the heavy hitters team, what's this team supposed to do?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@chiq said:

What is this team all about? Is this a stealth team? if it is, why is Colossus in it? He's a supposed to be a heavy hitter. Well at least they will manage to get out of most hairy situations with a freaking juggernaut on the team. Looks interesting though... I hope they finally answer a lot of questions regarding Colossus new powers, looking forward to betsy and jubes too...Pete w/ Cyttorak, Jubes and Betsy...might have to look into this. Is Colossus part of the team or is he just on loan from the uncanny brotherhood?(looking forward to that book too)

Anyone know what the mission statement of this team is? If x-force is the stealth team and uncanny is the heavy hitters team, what's this team supposed to do?

Seeing as how nobody knows about the new X-Force (except for Magneto) and Betsy is obviously going to keep it a secret, this is Cyclops more open stealth team, not as much blood and gore but it's a stealth team nonetheless, and yeah, I'm not sure what Pete's doing on this team either, he's an okay addition but he needs to go.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By chiq

@AgeofHurricane said:

@chiq said:

Seeing as how nobody knows about the new X-Force (except for Magneto) and Betsy is obviously going to keep it a secret, this is Cyclops more open stealth team, not as much blood and gore but it's a stealth team nonetheless, and yeah, I'm not sure what Pete's doing on this team either, he's an okay addition but he needs to go.

Oh ok.Thanks. Nothing stealthy about a Juggernaut though...small issue aside I don't mind Pete being on this team with his new powers and mindset.He must be their trump card when things get out of hand. Jubes and Pete's battle with the darkside is pretty interesting to me. I guess Peter needs help from jubes here in x-men and illyana in uncanny with matters regarding demonic possession.

Pbott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pbott

IMO its pointless to debate whether it will be good or not, it can be a book about cyclops cooking club and be good if its well written. Uncanny X-force has Fantomx who hardly was in anything and now I like him, also X-23 with gambit. My point characters dont make a book, the writer does. Im afraid this will tie in to closely to Uncanny so nothing will really happen, but hay between the core x books one has to be better than average right?

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By ragdollpurps

Yes, have Warpath fly the plane because it's not like Betsy is an experienced pilot. I pray that this book will be at least decent.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Degalon

@Rabbitearsblog:

Was there ever any reason for him to lose his hair in the first place?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Pbott said:

IMO its pointless to debate whether it will be good or not, it can be a book about cyclops cooking club and be good if its well written. Uncanny X-force has Fantomx who hardly was in anything and now I like him, also X-23 with gambit. My point characters dont make a book, the writer does. Im afraid this will tie in to closely to Uncanny so nothing will really happen, but hay between the core x books one has to be better than average right?

It's a stealth team, so this book shouldn't be tieng into anything.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jhazzroucher

@ragdollpurps said:

Yes, have Warpath fly the plane because it's not like Betsy is an experienced pilot. I pray that this book will be at least decent.

all of them can fly the jet right?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By papad1992

@jhazzroucher said:

@papad1992 said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@papad1992 said:

Dazzler with skates please and her classic costume.

AMEN!! Preach to me...

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Degalon said:

@Rabbitearsblog:

Was there ever any reason for him to lose his hair in the first place?

Yeah, I really don't see why it's necessary for Colossus to go bald. Maybe they were trying to differentiate between Juggernaut Colossus and regular Colossus.

blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By blacharrt

i don't think it's so much random. Storm has a interesting connection with all of the members on that team.

With Domino, he had a very personal with cable, which is something both domino and storm had.

Storm was abducted by dracula, and knows the dark side of the vampire lifestyle, she also had a very close personal relationship with logan. So I can see her being able to pull in Jubes

Storm and Psylocke have teamed up before in xtreme x-men so i don't really see a reason why she wouldn't follow her again.

Storm and James also has a good relationship, and he trust her.

For Colossus, Because of Storm's role in Magik's past, not to mention their history would have no problem with her.

All of the people in this lineup has a dark Side including storm which was expressed best at the end of Xtreme x-men, if the story allowed this team could easily be the new x-force team.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@blacharrt said:

i don't think it's so much random. Storm has a interesting connection with all of the members on that team.

With Domino, he had a very personal with cable, which is something both domino and storm had.

Storm was abducted by dracula, and knows the dark side of the vampire lifestyle, she also had a very close personal relationship with logan. So I can see her being able to pull in Jubes

Storm and Psylocke have teamed up before in xtreme x-men so i don't really see a reason why she wouldn't follow her again.

For Colossus, Because of Storm's role in Magik's past, not to mention their history would have no problem with her.

All of the people in this lineup has a dark Side including storm which was expressed best at the end of Xtreme x-men, if the story allowed this team could easily be the new x-force team.

*claps*

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@blacharrt said:

I would absolutely LOVE that. When i first saw this team i just thought to myself "X-Treme X-Men all over again" ? i mean thats what it looks like, and i love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.