Power levels of all the X-Men. Would you agree?

#1 Edited by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately marvel has never gave us a list on who is the most powerful characters and who are weakest X-Men characters. We only have rough idea, who we think are most powerful. I thought it would be a good idea to talk about who are toughest X-Men characters of all time. I have created three levels, with a list of characters. The levels are:

Level 3- The most powerful X-Men characters of all time

Level 2 - Powerful characters, but not as powerful as level 3 characters.

Level 1- The weakest characters

I have included some of the popular characters in the X-Men world, as well as some villians too. I have number the characters, but there not in any order.

Level 3

1. Jean Grey 2. Apocalypse 3.Stryfe 4. Professor X 5. Magneto 6. Iceman 7. Storm 8. Rachel Grey with the Pheonix force. 9 X-Man (fully- powered) 10. Legion 11. Emperoer Vulvcan 12. Mr Sinister 13. Onslaught 14. Cassandra Nova 15. Scarlet Witch

Level 2

1. Psylocke 2 Emma Frost 3. Wolverine 4. Cyclops 5. Bishop 6. Colossus 7. Havork 8. Polaris 9. Nightcrawler 10. Warpath 11.Cannonball 12. Shatterstar 13. Jamie Madrox 14. Siryn(Banshee) 15. Archangel 16. Jubilee as a vampire 17. Cable 18. Juggernaut 19. Sabretooth 20. Magik 21. Sunspot 22. Fantomex 23. Deadpool 24. Beast 25. Madelyne Pryor 26.Wolfsbane 27. Banshee 28. Husk 29. Kitty Pryde 30. Magma 31. Mystique 32. Namor 33. Quicksilver 34. Northstar 35. Strong guy 36. Hellion 37. Rictor 38. Elixir 39. Stepford Cuckoos 40. Frenzy 41. Kid Omega 42. Sebastian Shaw 43. X-23 44. Daken 45. Omega Red 46. Lady Deathstrike 47. Pyro 48. Avalanche 49. The Blob 50. Vargas 51. Exodus 52. Proteus

53. Hope, we not sure how powerful she is at the moment and once she has full control of the Phoenix Force, I'm sure she be in level 3.

54. When Rogue had Ms Marvels powers, she would be in this level, after Sage jump start her powers in X-Treme X-Men, she was powerful and would be in this level. At the moment she will be in level cause, she has control of hers power and she knows how to use them, she can handle herself in a fight, just read Necrosha. Rogue falls into this category.

Level 1

1. Domino 2. Sage 3. Surge 4. Primal 5. Oya 6. Karma 7. Danger 8. Boom Boom 9. Blink 10. Blindfold 11. Pixie 12. Armor 13. Rockslide 14. Anole 15. Danielle Moonstar 16. Dazzler 17. Layla Miller 18. Forge

I have missed some characters out, fill free to add any characters to the list . Level 2 has quite few characters, there some really tough characters in there. What do you think? Would you agree with this list and if no, Why not? Who do you think would win in a fight to death in each character e.g who is toughest in level 2 etc.

#2 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of the characters in level 1 shouldn't be there: Oya, Rockslide and Armor for example, the three of them in their own rights are quite powerful, especially Rockslide.

#3 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7828 posts) - - Show Bio

None are over 9000.

#4 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

None are over 9000.

What's 9000? A power level

#5 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Power levels vary from writer to writer.

#6 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

None are over 9000.

Strong in the Win this comment is

@jrock85 said:

Power levels vary from writer to writer.

true but there are some characters that writers can agree on a certain power range, it's generally the insanely powerful ones but still

#7 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor:You're right. I really hated seeing one of my favorite villains, Exodus, jobbing to a group of X-Men that shouldn't be able to lay a finger on him.

#8 Edited by ZacCooper (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't Elixir and Kid Omega fall into the highest level because they're Omega level mutants?

#9 Posted by Rickbarry (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

I've a few issues with the list. Iceman is always touted as this super powerful character, but he hasn't really lived up to the billing. I'd like to replace Bobby with Proteus. Reality warping is serious business.

#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@BlackArmor:You're right. I really hated seeing one of my favorite villains, Exodus, jobbing to a group of X-Men that shouldn't be able to lay a finger on him.

There is always one writer who has never read anything with a character, still decides to use them, and makes a mess of it, anyone who makes Esodus a jobber either is out of ideas or doesn't know the character very well

#11 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinister should switch places with exodus and proteus needs moved up

#12 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

No these are bad rankings but rankings are difficult anyway.

#13 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't agree with some of these... obviously the already known Omega Level Mutants should be in the Level 3 category, like: Elixir, Mr. M, and now Psylocke!

#14 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with all the lvl 3's but some of your two's and ones are off though most everyone here has stated this.

#15 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Being an Omega Level Mutant has nothing to do with being a powerful character if you've got more or less nothing to show for it which is consistent, especially in Psylocke's case.

#16 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Your level twos are wayyyy off,

It has to be broken into sub-levels, i mean, Wolverine and Magma are on different leagues.

Also, if Cable and Stryfe are clones, then shouldn't they be on the same power level?

Lastly, is this list based on Potential Power Levels, or Current Power Levels, because Iceman and Genesis has the POTENTIAL to be level 3, but they aren't and/or has not shown any signs of being level 3s.

#17 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

Your level twos are wayyyy off,

It has to be broken into sub-levels, i mean, Wolverine and Magma are on different leagues.

Also, if Cable and Stryfe are clones, then shouldn't they be on the same power level?

Lastly, is this list based on Potential Power Levels, or Current Power Levels, because Iceman and Genesis has the POTENTIAL to be level 3, but they aren't and/or has not shown any signs of being level 3s.

Depends. Cable is usually hindered by the T-O Virus. Unhindered, Cable could be an Level 3.

#18 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX: Unhindered he would be Nate Grey. :P

#19 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: Unhindered he would be Nate Grey. :P

I see what you did there. :P

But I would still put Nate above Cable.

#20 Edited by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus w/ gem( Avatar of Cytorrak), Juggernaut( Avatar of C), Magik (Hell lord, Sorcerer Supreme and time manipulator), Kid Omega (Omega Level mutant) , Proteus (reality warper), Exodus are t 3's for me. Especially if Storm and Xavier t 3's Hope should be a t3 ( what kind of messiah isn't a t3) Danger should be a 2 at least with potential to be a 3. She can beat some of the t3's you have ranked imo. Pixie can beat a lot of the t2's and even storm so i'd put her on a t 2 level. Rockslide as well...

#21 Posted by jhazzroucher (15753 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

None are over 9000.

Storm and Phoenix. : )

#22 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX: Of course. For starters he's got the better hair...and we can't hold him at all responsible for Hope.

#23 Posted by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Without the TO virus Cable has the exact same powers as a full powered Nate Grey but with many more years of experience.
Also Rogue now has more control over her powers than the ever had before and when she combines them together well the whole is greater then the sum of its parts.

#24 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree for the most part. I think Exodus, Elixir, Proteus, Hope and Kid Omega should be Level 3, though.

Also, Rockslide, currently, is at least a Level 2. I'm think he could eventually be an Omega. Surge and Armour and also Level 2s.

I'd also rather have some distinction within the levels, or have more levels.

Still, good job.

#25 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the Official Marvel Handbooks (i actually looked through them all to make a list of the most powerful characters based on power grids the other day), at full power the most powerful mutants were Hope and Omega.

#26 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking: God I miss his 90s hair. Looks far better than his Shaman hair.

#27 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

According to the Official Marvel Handbooks (i actually looked through them all to make a list of the most powerful characters based on power grids the other day), at full power the most powerful mutants were Hope and Omega.

Michael Pointer is such an abomination of a character. He should be mercilessly killed.

#28 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Poor guy...

#29 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@John Valentine: Poor guy...

Where is that from?

#30 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7828 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

None are over 9000.

Storm and Phoenix. : )

#31 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@jrock85 said:

There is always one writer who has never read anything with a character, still decides to use them, and makes a mess of it, anyone who makes Esodus a jobber either is out of ideas or doesn't know the character very well

Christos Gage was the writer, and it was pretty bad. To make matters worse, he ended being thrown in a Utopia prison cell!

#32 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@BlackArmor said:

@jrock85 said:

Christos Gage was the writer, and it was pretty bad. To make matters worse, he ended being thrown in a Utopia prison cell!

Was it at least some kind of......super cell or something, an extra reinforced cell? Did they stick him with a power inhibitor at the very least?

#33 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Why isn't proteus level 3?

#34 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: As far as I can tell, it was just a regular cell and he didn't have on any power inhibitor that I could see.

#35 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85: That's pretty bad

#36 Posted by SC (13100 posts) - - Show Bio
Omega Supreme Level  
Teenage Negasonic Warhead, Toad w/o Fungus Virus, Onslaught with Nike Air Pumps on, Namor covered with Hydro Man, and Iceman, Wolverine with the Horde Crystal, and WPOFCWTFZOMG Jean Grey, Beak with a steel chair. Doug Ramsey on Beast Mode.  

Omega Fan Writer Make a Wish Level  
Alpha the OG OG Original Gangsta, Nate Grey with M. Night Shyamalan Powers, Rogue after touching everyone ever, Cyclops with full power from the Punch Dimension, Psylocke with the Butterfly Phoenix, Rogue Redundant Ridiculous Rogue Storm, Magneto in a kitchen, Vulcan with Darwin inside him, physically, inside him, Rachel Grey in Dinosaur Attack Transformation, Squid Tentacle Callisto.  

Omega Normal Gappa Kama 9000 Level
Perfect Cable after ingesting all three Androids. Apocalypse with the power of the 12 Knights, 80's Hulk Hogan, Marrow, Leech, Dani Moonstar with at least two weapons., Eye Scream, Cannonballz.  

Alpha Beta Gamma Slamma Level  
Selene with an anti knife vest, Archangel, Emma Frost, Batman with no prep, Rockslide at a rock quarry, Dust in a desert, X-23 high on trigger scent and Red Bull. Sammie the Fish Boy, Ronald Mcdonald, Pixie Pre Land depictions.  

Weakling Suck Loser Die Level  
Bishop, Hope with Phoenix Force, Gambit without the accent, Wolverine with plastic claws, Cyclops post Morrison, Karma and Polaris.                     
Moderator Online
#37 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC: Omega Butterfly Phoenix, FTW.

KYAHHH!
#38 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

Omega Supreme Level
Teenage Negasonic Warhead, Toad w/o Fungus Virus, Onslaught with Nike Air Pumps on, Namor covered with Hydro Man, and Iceman, Wolverine with the Horde Crystal, and WPOFCWTFZOMG Jean Grey, Beak with a steel chair. Doug Ramsey on Beast Mode.

Omega Fan Writer Make a Wish Level
Alpha the OG OG Original Gangsta, Nate Grey with M. Night Shyamalan Powers, Rogue after touching everyone ever, Cyclops with full power from the Punch Dimension, Psylocke with the Butterfly Phoenix, Rogue Redundant Ridiculous Rogue Storm, Magneto in a kitchen, Vulcan with Darwin inside him, physically, inside him, Rachel Grey in Dinosaur Attack Transformation, Squid Tentacle Callisto.

Omega Normal Gappa Kama 9000 Level
Perfect Cable after ingesting all three Androids. Apocalypse with the power of the 12 Knights, 80's Hulk Hogan, Marrow, Leech, Dani Moonstar with at least two weapons., Eye Scream, Cannonballz.

Alpha Beta Gamma Slamma Level
Selene with an anti knife vest, Archangel, Emma Frost, Batman with no prep, Rockslide at a rock quarry, Dust in a desert, X-23 high on trigger scent and Red Bull. Sammie the Fish Boy, Ronald Mcdonald, Pixie Pre Land depictions.

Weakling Suck Loser Die Level Bishop, Hope with Phoenix Force, Gambit without the accent, Wolverine with plastic claws, Cyclops post Morrison, Karma and Polaris.

SO. MUCH. WIN.

#39 Posted by Rickbarry (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC: Eh, I think you forgot to put "Undertaker in a buried alive match" in the Omega Supreme Level.

#40 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

None are over 9000.

#41 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with this for the most part but right now im kinda questioning storms power. ( yes im new to comics )

I see alot of vs Forums for her and it looks like she gets beat pretty bad for most of them :/

any storm fans willing to share a few of her feats/ defining battles with me?

#42 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity said:

I agree with this for the most part but right now im kinda questioning storms power. ( yes im new to comics )

I see alot of vs Forums for her and it looks like she gets beat pretty bad for most of them :/

any storm fans willing to share a few of her feats/ defining battles with me?

To name a few:

Housed Eternity inside her mind due to her incredible will. (Something not most MU characters would be able to pull off lest they go mad.)

Managed to beat the Trion (Elementalists of the MU.) without a swet in their own dimension.

While impregnated with the Brood, went into space and absorbed the strength and power of a million stars in her body alone.

In X-Men World Apart, when Cyclops was possesed by the SK and was in the BB headed to San Fran, Storm was all the way in Wakanda and needed to stop him or at least, slow him down, she felt Scott and the BB cutting through the Earth's atmosphere and while in Wakanda, struck the BB down with a powerful bolt of lightning.

Inside some sort of cave looking for Kitty Pryde, Magneto did something which let lava over-flow the cave, Storm used her powers to quickly flash freeze the lava.

Also in Worlds Apart, she used her powers to create her very own vortex which took her from Wakanda in the BB to San Fran in a matter of minutes while at the same time resisting the brunt of the trauma while Nezhno had his vibranium tatoos to help him anyways.

As the Earth was about to get hit by gamma rays, Storm used her powers to create a "green-house" effect which covered the whole Earth, thus protecting it at all sides from the blasts.

Created a Jovian Pressure Field (with pressures higher than that on the surface of Jupiter.) to contain a mini-nuke, though, it took a considerable amount of time to do so as it isn't something she does on a regular basis to this scale.

Among other things.

#43 Posted by jonnystorm777 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this list looks pretty accurate.

#44 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10457 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the list is pretty accurate.

#45 Posted by d99026 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Gentle?

What level is he in?

#46 Edited by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: It is obvious you put a bit of time into this and it's well done. Good job. But there are many mistakes. First some on there aren't even mutants (Deathstrike, Shatterstar, Juggernaut, etc). In order for this to work you need a definition for "power." Fantomex, Domino and Proteus (none you have in level 3) could probably solo the rest of the characters. And your level 1 is off. Dazzler, Domino and Pixie are likely better than most of the level 2'ers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Nudeviking: No, unhindered he is not Nate Grey. Nate Grey still has a much higher potential. This is because Nate's mom is Jean, while Cable's mom is Madelyne Pryor. Madelyne is just a clone and nowhere near as powerful as Jean. (Though Cable would likely beat him due to experience and skills, Nate's potential remains higher).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't remember where I read this (it was years ago) but Marvel once described the Mutant class rankings in a way which actually made a ton of sense (and wasn't entirely power based). Unfortunately I haven't seen it used again... but I'll explain it anyways.

Class Alpha: these are mutants who appear to be human and have full control over there powers. Magneto, Professor X, Hellion, Karma, Sage. etc.

Class Omega: these are the most powerful alpha level mutants. (condition on first meeting the Alpha criteria or looking human and having full control of their powers). The only confirmed Omega level mutants are Nate Grey, Jean Grey, Iceman, Legion, Mr. M, Quentin Quire, Franklin Richards, Hope Summers, Rachel Summers, Vulcan and Elixir (though he doesn't look human so wtf... but he does have biological control)

Class Beta: mutants who do not have control of their powers, their powers are always working. This would be Wolverine (everyone else with a healing factor) Shaw, Bishop, Havok, Multiple Man etc.

Class Delta: were mutants who did not fully appear human, or who's power hindered their life in some way. Cyclops can't open his eyes without glasses so he's here because of that hindrance. Same with Rogue who can't touch anyone (well until she could control it). Angel and Pixie don't appear human. Not sure if Polaris' green hair, Gambit's red eyes or Storm's white eyes count here but I think they do. It's a class for those who don't appear human.

Class Gamma: were mutants who looked like mutants. Nightcrawler, Mystique, Beast, Mercury, Azazel etc.

Personally I really liked this ranking system. I thought it was so much better than the typical "I'm level 5 you're only level 3 therefore I win and you can't beat me" power rankings that too often appear.

#47 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but I don't think power can be accurately defined in the way you are trying to do it. Dazzler, for example, has a power to literally change one energy form into another, and her power levels don't have a limit. Technically, she has more potential than top-tier mutants like Storm or Cyclops, and she has great versatility even when not at full power. I think you should be defining it according to types of actions: some mutants have a lot of combat potential but minimal usefulness outside of that, others are extremely powerful but their powers are one-note, while still others have great versatility which puts them on par with more powerful mutants despite seemingly basic powers.

@Yai_Inn: I recall the Class system; it wasn't necessarily a power-ranking, though, but moreso a classification system.

#48 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity said:

That has more to do with people pitting Storm against opponents that are more powerful than her and out of her league. She's fairly powerful for a mutant, and she gets a lot of good showings in comics, but her track record against non-X-Men opponents is not that good so she's pretty inconsistent in the long run. She is also often the victim of bad writing.

#49 Posted by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides: Yes. And as a class system I felt it was so much better than any other "official" ranking system.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.