Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Post Regenesis Format... How long will it last ?

tsorfamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tsorfamme

Now that Schism is over and Re-genesis has started and the rosters are set for the 8 books... How long do you think the format will last ?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I guess it all depends on how successful these titles are. If either one of them does well, then it might last maybe for about 4 to 5 months, but if both of them does poorly, then the X-Men might be reunited by January of 2012, possibly.

Sir_Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Sir_Deadpool

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I guess it all depends on how successful these titles are. If either one of them does well, then it might last maybe for about 4 to 5 months, but if both of them does poorly, then the X-Men might be reunited by January of 2012, possibly.

but by the fact that the creators said that in summer 2012 everybody will look on the x-men i guess we will have this splitted format unless next summer. maybe a bit earlier but not in january i think. even if they were not that successful. by the way they will be very successful i guess

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Sir_Deadpool said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

but by the fact that the creators said that in summer 2012 everybody will look on the x-men i guess we will have this splitted format unless next summer. maybe a bit earlier but not in january i think. even if they were not that successful. by the way they will be very successful i guess

Yeah, I guess now that the creators stated that something is going to happen in the summer, maybe the X-men might reunite with each other by summer of 2012.

Avatar image for victoriancuckoo
    victoriancuckoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By victoriancuckoo

I think Wolverine and the X-Men will have a long run, which will keep the split for awhile

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Also, if the writers take the time to develop the characters on both sides and make the stories really interesting, then it would definitely last for awhile.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think the X-Men existing in two locations is going to last a while. How long before they start crossing over members between Utopia and Westchester? Maybe a year.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@PrinceIMC said:

I think the X-Men existing in two locations is going to last a while. How long before they start crossing over members between Utopia and Westchester? Maybe a year.

I agree that this might take a while since it would be too soon for the X-Men to actually get back together again.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

Given the current state of Marvel it'll last just long enough to piss off and alienate long time fans

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@joshmightbe said:

Given the current state of Marvel it'll last just long enough to piss off and alienate long time fans

Yeah! It seems lately Marvel has been angering fans for no reason at all.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11  Edited By lorex

It will really depend on how successful this change is. Personally I hope Marvel was not just blowing smoke when they said they wantto expand the focus to other characters. I hope this proved to be true because for too long the focus was cantered on too few characters. There have been rumblings online that something big is in the works for the X-Men, so maybe this is just the first phase.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@lorex said:

It will really depend on how successful this change is. Personally I hope Marvel was not just blowing smoke when they said they wantto expand the focus to other characters. I hope this proved to be true because for too long the focus was cantered on too few characters. There have been rumblings online that something big is in the works for the X-Men, so maybe this is just the first phase.

That sounds interesting! I wonder what Marvel is planning for the X-Men? I hope it doesn't involve everyone dying.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#13  Edited By time1

It won't last long, writers will reunite them sometime next year, maybe May or June next year. Jean will probably reunite them all, I think she return next year too. The problem with comics, is there not that good anymore, they divided the X-Men up to explore more characters, which is a good thing. I'm tired of Wolverine, Emma and Scott all the time, they been the center of X-Men for such long time, while other characters fade into the background. Come next year, it will go back to that, Scott and Wolverine will be main focus and either Jean or Emma will be the main focus, while characters like Storm, Iceman, Gambit and Psylocke, will fade into background again. The real problem in comics, is there too many characters in the X-Men universe and hardly none them will be in the spotlight, because of the lame writers. The truth is X-Men will be never be as good as used to be, back in 90's, everything character in the Blue team and Gold team was focus on, every character had a time to shine in comics, it wasn't just about Wolverine, Cyclops or even Jean, every character had a time in the spotlight. If you didn't read X-Men, you could read the X-Force or even X-Factor and still be interested in the comics, unlike today. I have taken 5 breaks from reading comics in the last four years, where as in 90's I would haven't taken one. There are too many characters, not many them are being explore, there not many good writers and as result not many good stories. Just look at Matt Fraction, he barely has a good story to his name and he wrote for Uncanny X-Men for four years and there is Mike Carey, X-Men legacy didn't get interesting untill 2 or 3 years in the series.

X-Men will only become good, if they limit the number of mutants they have in the X-Men universe and focus on the ones they do have and have better writers. They also need to return some good villians to the X-Men world.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @joshmightbe said:

Sooooo true.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Kairan1979

I'm sure X-Men will be reunited after the next big event.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I seriously hope this lasts like for 10 years.

Avatar image for nightwalkerrevan
    NightwalkerRevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NightwalkerRevan

I to hope that the situation actually lasts, and isn't just resolved in a year or so.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By madrid_san

Marvel says they won't for a long while. I also hope it is for a few years atleast :)

Sir_Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Sir_Deadpool

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Sir_Deadpool said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Yeah, I guess now that the creators stated that something is going to happen in the summer, maybe the X-men might reunite with each other by summer of 2012.

could also be possible. but nobody knows and we might get suprised :)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@time said:

It won't last long, writers will reunite them sometime next year, maybe May or June next year. Jean will probably reunite them all, I think she return next year too. The problem with comics, is there not that good anymore, they divided the X-Men up to explore more characters, which is a good thing. I'm tired of Wolverine, Emma and Scott all the time, they been the center of X-Men for such long time, while other characters fade into the background. Come next year, it will go back to that, Scott and Wolverine will be main focus and either Jean or Emma will be the main focus, while characters like Storm, Iceman, Gambit and Psylocke, will fade into background again. The real problem in comics, is there too many characters in the X-Men universe and hardly none them will be in the spotlight, because of the lame writers. The truth is X-Men will be never be as good as used to be, back in 90's, everything character in the Blue team and Gold team was focus on, every character had a time to shine in comics, it wasn't just about Wolverine, Cyclops or even Jean, every character had a time in the spotlight. If you didn't read X-Men, you could read the X-Force or even X-Factor and still be interested in the comics, unlike today. I have taken 5 breaks from reading comics in the last four years, where as in 90's I would haven't taken one. There are too many characters, not many them are being explore, there not many good writers and as result not many good stories. Just look at Matt Fraction, he barely has a good story to his name and he wrote for Uncanny X-Men for four years and there is Mike Carey, X-Men legacy didn't get interesting untill 2 or 3 years in the series.

X-Men will only become good, if they limit the number of mutants they have in the X-Men universe and focus on the ones they do have and have better writers. They also need to return some good villians to the X-Men world.

Well said! I think the biggest issue with the X-Men comics nowadays is that they don't ever want to focus on all of the characters in the X-Men universe, they are always just focusing on the same characters in every issue. I also believed that the 90s X-Men were really good in focusing on each individual character instead of just one or two characters the whole time and we got some really good insights on each character's personality. Hopefully, as long as the writers try to focus on each character with Schism happening, now that the X-Men are broken up in different groups, then I think that these separate series will last for awhile.

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By A-Strondinaire

I read Wolverine and the X-Men and it's basically the same premise for New X-Men and it will die just the same once the next writer wants Wolverine for a bigger more worthwhile project, so they'll take him out the X-Men in some huge event and I'm pretty sure Jean Grey will come back either as another tired Psychic vision or (unless the whole event is based on her resurrection) ask Logan what the hell is he doing and tell him to stop this and during all this, Utopia will probably explode, somebody dies, and everyone heads back to the mansion because of course Logan is always right.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Kallarkz

hopefully for quite some time..if not I will be done with X books for a while.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Kallarkz said:

hopefully for quite some time..if not I will be done with X books for a while.

I agree! This event is too huge to be done with quickly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.