Post AvX: Has Xavier had a funeral yet?

#1 Posted by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't noticed one yet, and maybe it's not even worth having.. but has Xavier been buried or had his funeral yet? I want to see Wolverine, Iceman, Beast and Storm speak at his funeral. Also do you think the Avengers would be invited-- or better yet attending? OR Cyclops, Magento, and Emma? Think they will even bother paying tribute?

Is this even coming or are they going to skip over this?

If he does have a funeral story. I want it to be like Northstar's wedding. Have many of the x-characters interactions and testimonies on how they feel about everything.

Tell me what you think on the subject.

#2 Posted by tomlikesfries (4640 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so. What happened in Uncanny Avengers wasn't really what I'd call a funeral. It was just Logan giving a cheesy speech about how they all loved Charles.

But he was buried, and then got his body stolen by the Red Skull, who also stole his brain.

#3 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, and Wolverine spoke at it... I hated the entire seen. Of all the people to speak for Charles it had to be Wolverine... seriously? Bobby or Angel or Beast... Nope Wolverine...

#4 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Wolverine's speech-thing was the funeral.

#5 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blacharrt1: beast , bobby , and angel had to do it the last 2 times Professor X died , now its logan's

#6 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@Blacharrt1: beast , bobby , and angel had to do it the last 2 times Professor X died , now its logan's

Your numbers doesn't add up, 2 times there are three of them. I don't recall Angel ever sending Charles off, nor Bobby Beast i believe i remember either way. Wolverine isn't the first person on that list even after those three.

#7 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blacharrt1: when telling a joke , certain areas of the statement are exaggerated , thereby producing a humorous result . in this case i wanted to show that comic deaths are not a big deal especially those who died numerous times or were offed in a ridiculous crossover event like AvX , professor x would be considered a twofer (as in two-for-one ) in this situation . i on my part apologize for my hint of sarcasm to fly over you head , good day :)

#8 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Read uncanny avengers

#9 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: I'm soooo sorry i didn't catch the sarcasm... i wish there was special internet sarcasm text that let's people like me who are getting old and can't tell the difference... *holds head in shame*

#10 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blacharrt1: no worries i like messing with people who are waaay too serious for their own good , and yes a sarcasm text would be great ! maybe italics? you think it might catch on ? lol

#11 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, we can set that trend, people will follow us.

#12 Edited by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Italics will never catch on.

#13 Posted by jhole (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think Storm should had done it

#14 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

yes he has but i dont get cyclops saying xavier was to blame about avx because xavier put him on the path he is on now:

well i dont have the post but its from avx 12

oh and scott once said that he wished he never set foot at the xavier school....i forgot which one avx:consequences

#15 Edited by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Yeah, Wolverine's speech-thing was the funeral.

Dassit?

#16 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhole said:

Or Kitty, i would have accepted Kitty f*cking Pryde. But Wolverine ? Oh lol.

#17 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jhole said:

Or Kitty, i would have accepted Kitty f*cking Pryde. But Wolverine ? Oh lol.

That was some of the sh***iest mess I've ever read

#18 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhole said:

She was too busy sitting in the audience, looking like Mavis Beacon teaches typing

#19 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Don't worry, that was most probably bad-writing.

#20 Posted by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@jhole said:

She was too busy sitting in the audience, looking like Mavis Beacon teaches typing

Like this? LOL

#21 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't call it so much a 'funeral' as a 'disgrace'.

#22 Posted by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn.... >_>

I am kinda glad I didn't read this.

I was hoping all key members of the X-men (Storm, Iceman, Beast & ...I guess Wolverine) and avengers would have said something about him. Then afterwards hear Cyclops' thoughts...

Guess that was too much to ask for.

#23 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: Don't make the same mistake I made. Uncanny avengers is up to the second issue as stupid as AxX. Seriously!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.