Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Possible (teen)Jean Grey Solo Series?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think most people would rather have an adult cyclops solo, he is by far the most interesting X-man in the marvel universe right now. Love him, hate him, doesn't matter, hes stolen the show.

Right On!!!!!!! :)

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'll read it as long as Bendis isnt writing.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Give me a young mutants book instead involving hope and some other teen x-men.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

No. Give me a young mutants book instead involving hope and some other teen x-men.

whatever happened to x-men legacy they should bring that back

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for randomtasticfantasy
    RandomtasticFantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind a Jean Grey solo, and I'm not a huge fan if hers. I came around Morris(?) run and was NOT a fan. To me, she was an over powered Mary Sue caught in a disgusting love triangle.

However, after a fellow fan insisted I go back and read more about her, more so from before. I grew to really like her then: most may see her as flat, but to me, she was that awesome character you get who has no angst. Yes, usually the characters with angst and flaws are more interesting (Cyke, Wolvie before he became an insufferable hypocrite whom I still adore because I'm an unapologetic fangirl) but it's nice to have that character who emotionally is just nice, the heart--well rounded.

NEW teen Jean is...annoying to me, though given what she's going through Nd a teen, I can at least understand.

Whatever, sorry for the ramble: point is, I would want a solo book so she can be explored more--and not just because of the Phoenix and her power up--her actual character.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By EC2277

@randomtasticfantasy said:

I wouldn't mind a Jean Grey solo, and I'm not a huge fan if hers. I came around Morris(?) run and was NOT a fan. To me, she was an over powered Mary Sue caught in a disgusting love triangle.

[…]

That is the point: the fans of Jean see her potential. An unexpressed potential because her writers made always a bad job with her and with her relationship with Cyclops. Morrison killed (I fear definitely) Jean and from that moment Emma Frost (you can read who was the original Emma in Classic X-Men 34 "Double negative") was transformed to be what Jean should have been form the first time.

Very rarely Jean was well characterized and now she is useless in the X-Men stories, because we have another Jean. A blonde and more uninhibited Jean, who is called Emma.

Byrne, who was the co-author of the X-Men, said about Jean that she was useful like the spare wheel of the Blackbird and if an author start with this idea of a characters, what can become that character?

What I think about the Teen Jean?

I don't know, because I don't understand where Bendis is going. In some story seems he wants make Jean more credible, better characterized, more deepened. In others it seems Bendis is going to nowhere and in still others it seems Bendis is rewriting to umpteenth the story of the overpowered poor Jean, destined for a tragic fate.

I don't know what is your opinion, but I can't take anymore this last possible evolution of the story. Morrison can able to keep me away from the x-stories for ten years and if Bendis rewrite it I will put a tombstone over the x-stories; definitively.

Also the story of the eternal love between Scott and Jean is rancid. It's impossible continue to haunt the X-stories with the phantom of a woman death ten years ago. Or the writers left die definitely Jean, or they resurrect her. Read every time the same story is very, very, very, very boring; like the triangle between Jean, Scott and Wolverine.

What the hell!

Obviously I hope she be brought back to life, because I think a well characterized Jean and an Emma who returns to be what she was in origins, are only can be only an asset for the X-stories. But I prefer also that Jean stays dead, rather than read stories with a Jean bad characterized; like the past stories with Jean.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's face it, teen jean is bendis' baby. His masterpiece. He gave jean more character. Reason why i don't hate him that much

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By EC2277

@darthphoenix: It isn't a little too soon to talk about masterpiece?

I think he's working quite well with her, but I prefer wait before to express any definitive judgment.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By darthphoenix

ikr? he's got a reputation with bad endings

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By rodrigomonsalv

could this happen after secret wars?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Thread
    This Thread

@rodrigomonsalv: Lol Honestly....who knows? I certainly don't want it, and it doesn't seem like it fits with the whole "shared universe" idea of the X-Books that Marvel was talking about.....but who knows, maybe they'll try to use it to hold the All New X-Men crowd who may not stick around post-Secret Wars. Really though Teen Jean has been written into the ground as an unlikeable character so I'm not so sure it would help to give her full focus in a story.

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope its happen

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.