Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Possible (teen)Jean Grey Solo Series?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Eh maybe. but i wasn't exactly a fan of how he's written Jean whenever he's got the chance. X-Men Forever and X-Men The End weren't all that good at making her a likable character or more then a walking plot device.

yeah now that i think about it, maybe it wouldnt be a good idea.....

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Brian Azzarello, Brian Wood or even Guggenheim would be better. Though they are all very unlikely.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: maybe brian wood but watch it be bendis(he cannot let that character go, lol)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol maybe then he'd let go of one of his other books and Peter David can write All New X-Men with just Beast, Angel and Iceman as "2 and a half X-Men"

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Warren - Charlie, Hank - Allan and Bobby - Jake. It'd consider putting that in top of my pull list again

@hopesummersforthefuture: I think bendis may not plan to be the writer but he'll be on the creative team since he technically owns teen jean and probably has a set path for her that the writer will have to follo

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula: Bendis doesn't own Teen Jean since it's just a variation of the character. But he'd probably dictate what's ok and whats not the same way he does with Teen Scott.

And 2 and a half X-Men is just about the only way you could make that book interesting with just those 3 characters anyway.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol maybe then he'd let go of one of his other books and Peter David can write All New X-Men with just Beast, Angel and Iceman as "2 and a half X-Men"

lol (sorry for the late responce because it didnt notify me) I like two and a half men

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: or keep X 23 to boost sales, altough it did not worked on avengers academy. I'm sure you can apply wolvie logic to X 23 Jeen and tyke and have them in solos and ANXM at the same time, I mean storm is in space and her solo atm why other chars cant?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula: Yea probably. But I don't see why you can't just tell Cyke and Jeans story in the same book with the others. I mean i get the money game but All New would benefit immensely from Tyke returning and Jeans story is bothering me because it's the only story being told in it.

I was just under the impression that you made your spin off if the book is good, and it seems like the book is just barely out of the toilet.

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Well ANXM is currently the top book of the X line along with UXM, X 23 can ebenefit from logan death, jean is jean and tyke can benefit if bendis kills cyclops

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By EC2277

In my opinion Bendis can't kill Cyclops because Cyclops is the backbone of Uncanny X-Men.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I'd read it.

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: Bendis can do almost anything he wants

He wiped all the mutants

Put wolvie in the avengers

he blew avengers mansion

and killed exodus

He's bendis !

Anyways, I'd buy the series even if the artist were to be greg land with covers by milo manara

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By EC2277
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

I'd read it.

:)
    @somacula said:

@ec2277: Bendis can do almost anything he wants

He wiped all the mutants

Put wolvie in the avengers

he blew avengers mansion

and killed exodus

He's bendis !

Anyways, I'd buy the series even if the artist were to be greg land with covers by milo manara

i still have a hard time believing exodus is dead. maybe hes just hurt really badly, plus he made the prof X come back from the dead when he was shot in the head

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#169  Edited By Teerack

If Marvel wants to make more x-men solos I would really rather Marvel gives solos to their long standing X-Men like Domino, Adult Cyclops, Adult Jean, Adult Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Magik, or even an 616 version of Jimmy Hudson.

It could be an Adult Jean book. I think after the trail of Jean Grey Bendis has been trying to set things up so that Jean can actually survive without the Phoenix when she returns.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula said:

@koays: or keep X 23 to boost sales, altough it did not worked on avengers academy.

Yeah well Avengers Undercover is selling way worse than Academy/Arena did. Her removal was certainly a part of that. And to be honest I bought them both just for X-23 but those books were unquestionably mediocre at best. They deserved to get cancelled IMO.

Anyway I really don't think that Jean gets a solo. All New X-Men is focusing so hard on her already, I don't really see a point in it. Besides Iceman, Beast and Angel can't really carry a book the way they are right now.

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion: Aengers undercover ended (got friggin cancelled), the whole premise starting from avengers academy until avengers undercover was HOPELESS, just the living proof that avengers side can't do %&$&% with teen heroes, I think I dropped arena after X 23 went full leeroy jenkins.

I think Jean can get a solo and remain in ANXM, I'm pretty sure there are people that simply won't get tired of her even tough she's technically not THE Jean Grey, and new readers (if those even exist) will get used to her as THE jean grey. I don't think if bendis is gonna let Laura leave ANXM so easily, if he managed to make his books stay away from axis and CC from writing a new team book he can do anything.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Galerion

@somacula said:

@galerion: Aengers undercover ended (got friggin cancelled), the whole premise starting from avengers academy until avengers undercover was HOPELESS, just the living proof that avengers side can't do %&$&% with teen heroes, I think I dropped arena after X 23 went full leeroy jenkins.

I think Jean can get a solo and remain in ANXM, I'm pretty sure there are people that simply won't get tired of her even tough she's technically not THE Jean Grey, and new readers (if those even exist) will get used to her as THE jean grey. I don't think if bendis is gonna let Laura leave ANXM so easily, if he managed to make his books stay away from axis and CC from writing a new team book he can do anything.

Even including X-23 in Arena was wrong for quite obvious reasons. None of those kids would have really stood a chance in a fight against her. That's why they were forced to let her go leeroy jenkins had to make the completely nonsensical plot that Arcade can somehow mix the Trigger Scent together.

You may be right that some people may not get tired of Jean but to be honest Im definitely not one of them. She is the main character in ANXM already to the point were you have to ask the question why they are still the 04. Iceman, Beast and Angel might as well not exist anymore since their development is nowhere to be seen. Give her a solo and you might as well cancel ANXM since the others ones are just filler anyway.

And to your point about Bendis not letting Laura leave ANXM. That is implying that he wanted to have her there in the first place. I don't think that he would go out of his way to include a character in his ongoing book just to completely ignore her basically. Her inclusion felt totally forced and random, had no real explanation, her development has been limited and she serves no real purpose on the team besides so Iceman can make Wolverine clone jokes and other characters can comment on not even noticing her being there. She is one the best fighters and could have been the one to train the 05 but all that potential got wasted.

If you want to tell me that a creative mind like Bendis wanted it to be exactly that way and that wasn't just editors saying that she needs a place until the Logan Legacy then OK. Bendis X-Position about ANXM is next week and the Logan Legacy starts in 10 days so we will soon find out what is exactly happening anyways.

Sorry for getting carried away a bit by the way. My opinion on a jean solo is in the middle. Ignore the rest if you want to.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Teerack
    @galerion said:

@somacula said:

Even including X-23 in Arena was wrong for quite obvious reasons. None of those kids would have really stood a chance in a fight against her. That's why they were forced to let her go leeroy jenkins had to make the completely nonsensical plot that Arcade can somehow mix the Trigger Scent together.

Are you kidding me? Hazmat could have reduced the whole island to ash, There is literally nothing she could have done to take down Bloodstone, Darkhawk armor is cosmic level, Kid Brittian had the powers of a Captain Britian Corps member, and by the end Nicco is one of the strongest magic uses currently alive in the Marvel Universe. 60% of the cast was all new characters or characters who had only made tiny cameos a long time ago, and were virtual unknows. Saying none of them stood a chance is really presumptuous and kind of ignorant.

I wish the number of people who like to talk about AA/AU was equal to the number of people who actually read it so that it could have not gotten cancelled.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Galerion

@teerack said:
    @galerion said:

@somacula said:

Are you kidding me? Hazmat could have reduced the whole island to ash, There is literally nothing she could have done to take down Bloodstone, Darkhawk armor is cosmic level, Kid Brittian had the powers of a Captain Britian Corps member, and by the end Nicco is one of the strongest magic uses currently alive in the Marvel Universe. 60% of the cast was all new characters or characters who had only made tiny cameos a long time ago, and were virtual unknows. Saying none of them stood a chance is really presumptuous and kind of ignorant.

I wish the number of people who like to talk about AA/AU was equal to the number of people who actually read it so that it could have not gotten cancelled.

OK I bite. And I change my statement. She could have killed everyone on the island if she would have wanted to.

She is one of worlds best assassins and issue 8 reinforced that. She said herself that she had the field narrowed down to five serious threats before even being released.

And assassins normally don't come screaming and running at you trying to clobber you to death. They ambush, attack and kill you when you don't expect it.

You are right that a few could have a chance in fair, straight up fight but it would never come that if she really wanted to.

No Caption Provided

Just saying.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Teerack
    @galerion said:

@teerack said:
    @galerion said:

@somacula said:

OK I bite. And I change my statement. She could have killed everyone on the island if she would have wanted to.

She is one of worlds best assassins and issue 8 reinforced that. She said herself that she had the field narrowed down to five serious threats before even being released.

And assassins normally don't come screaming and running at you trying to clobber you to death. They ambush, attack and kill you when you don't expect it.

You are right that a few could have a chance in fair, straight up fight but it would never come that if she really wanted too.

No Caption Provided

Just saying.

Black Widow is one of the best assassins in the world but she couldn't kill the rest of the Avengers. Just being skilled doesn't mean you can beat everyone. There is actually literally nothing she could have done to stop Bloodstone and she was just as surprised as everyone else when he transformed so her original assessment was wrong since she had no clue about the powers of the people she was looking at, and if Kid Britan was in the state of mind of "KILL EVERYONE!!!" it would have been like her fighting Sentry since his strength and durability is linked to his emotions.

Saying "Oh she could ambush them" just really speaks about how you haven't read the book considering most conflicts come from ambushed and everyone is hiding out and paranoid.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Galerion

@teerack said:
    @galerion said:

@teerack said:
    @galerion said:

@somacula said:

You are right that a few could have a chance in fair, straight up fight but it would never come that if she really wanted too.

No Caption Provided

Just saying.

Black Widow is one of the best assassins in the world but she couldn't kill the rest of the Avengers. Just being skilled doesn't mean you can beat everyone. There is actually literally nothing she could have done to stop Bloodstone and she was just as surprised as everyone else when he transformed so her original assessment was wrong since she had no clue about the powers of the people she was looking at, and if Kid Britan was in the state of mind of "KILL EVERYONE!!!" it would have been like her fighting Sentry since his strength and durability is linked to his emotions.

Saying "Oh she could ambush them" just really speaks about how you haven't read the book considering most conflicts come from ambushed and everyone is hiding out and paranoid.

Sure man. Think what you want but I know exactly what happened in the book.

No Caption Provided

Keep telling to yourself that it would have been totally impossible for her to find anyone despite being an expert tracker with enhanced senses who can identify and find people based on their scent alone. And that it would have been totally impossible for her to just stab them while they were sleeping just as she said on the last page of issue 8.

This REALLY off-topic anyways so have a good day, sir.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion: X-23 fans are so much like Storm fans.

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: From what I've seen most X 23 fans tend to get mad about mischaracterization and inconsistence in X 23 abilities, such as her going full leeory jenkins against a bunch of goons (BW 11) or using contractions and bendis-speak-23, in a way they've got a point since it derails the character because she's supossed to be the as good or better than wolverine and how some author handle her abilities tends to leave a lot to be desired. Honestly x 23 is supossed to be the best and dennis hopeless in avengers arena did the idiot ball thingy, leeory jenkins and ooc x 23, not in that order but it sucked (I get yar anger @galerion) .

I'm almost glad that he didn't get to use her in avengers undercover. It seemed that it was going to good for her in ANXM as a trainer and potential love interest for young cyke, I was like "cool finally young cyke is going to get to be with a girl that isn't named jean grey, jean grey, jean grey or jean grey" until fridge logic/horror kicked in and I realized why the hell would young cyclops (aka the stoic and emotionally repressed and traumatized character acording to all his horrible combined origin stories) would date laura (girl with an horrible origin story too and quite stoic) that gots a knack for killing, trigger scent, is so friggin dangerous and as emotionally repressed as him and it'd be completely OOC if they kissed after they've met. It'd be so wrong if these two started dating not even considering the fact that she's a wolverine clone (when considering it it is really funny). I don't hate laura, she's awesome at so many levels but it'd better for young cyke to stay the hell away from her, and I'm glad Bendis dismissed the idea and sent tyke to space (but no that she put laura with angel, OOC too!)

What differences X fans from stormies is that x 23 fans (from what I've seen) aren't lurking around forums arrhating against poor old cyke

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula: but isnt teen scott stoic too just like laura 0,0

Well All-New X-men has pretty much been Jean's series but I would like one if only to redeem the character from Bendis making her into a brat.

she is borderline brat and this is marvel they make teen redheads into bratz ie hope summer, rachel summers and im sure there is lots more

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yeah, I cant picture Laura dating the original X Men stoic, the amount of broodin would be over 9000. Unless cyke gets a mayor attitude change in space

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yeah, I cant picture Laura dating the original X Men stoic, the amount of broodin would be over 9000. Unless cyke gets a mayor attitude change in space

never going to happen. Even adult cyclops is still stoic which emma always tells him. Also in cyclops the series he learned about "honor" from his father. Maybe he'll be a nicer person

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Sure, which is why I think they should make her different and more suited for the leadership role she is taking in All-New X-men. Plus I don't think Rachel is that much of a brat.

:)

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Love to lurk around in x-men threads and read the discussions.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love to lurk around in x-men threads and read the discussions.

:D

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It beats reading trolls and fanboys on the battle forum even though i go there to debate.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking of redhead brats jean trying to use her against emma to show scott does not love and emma turning it back at her showing her bedside scenes of her and scott. Jean even going to the head of miles to get info, dafuq is wrong in asking.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula said:

No Caption Provided

scott trying to be scary then polite??? scott reminds me of the song hot n cold by katy perry

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: not becoming a creepy ass psycho with mood changes for young cyke, he could just turn a a bit cheerful and a lil less sadclops

@gizmorino: being a psychic saves time when you want to know who to trust, that's the reason she entered in his mind.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking of redhead brats jean trying to use her against emma to show scott does not love and emma turning it back at her showing her bedside scenes of her and scott. Jean even going to the head of miles to get info, dafuq is wrong in asking.

Say what?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula: ya i know it saves time. She invaded his privacy asin she access his whole or 90% of his memories, and again it was not bad she needed answers(and miles might lie since they are just meeting). And again it was still bratty of her to do it even if it was kinda right.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cant believe there is no words on a jean grey solo. i mean even tempus gets one sort of a limitede series 5 parter ugh

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

PLease no more solos!!! Its called Xmen, started as a team book and should remain as such. Tell the little stories within the book. More and more books just water down the product. How about instead of solos we release a few good books more often. Storylines would move faster and since you are printing the same amount of books, sales should be fine but quality and consistency could end up being better

you poor guy. if you seperate the x-men means more comics. trying to figure out what charaters peoplelike best. like the gambit solo got cancelles, i said that from day one. also the all-new x-factor series, i knew it would get cancelled, im amazed it lasted 20 issues

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@hopesummersforthefuture: telling the stories within the team book and releasing it more often would have the same effect. Like I said, makes money for Marvel and better consistency for the fans. I dont know why people always seem to think that more is better. Just a few good books well written and consistently done would do wonders.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By EC2277

@hopesummersforthefuture: I think this is the wrong moment for a Jean Grey solo series: we will have three event in 2015 and one of these (Years of future past) very probably will focus on Jean. Moreover Jean is already the leading figure of All New X-Men and a Jean Grey solo series could be the end of ANXM.

Young Cyclops has had his solo because he was a character too cumbersome to coexist side by side with Young Jean: she are the core of the Bendis run (with Old Cyclops) and remove Cyclops from ANXM allow make Jean the undisputed protagonist of ANXM; in fact also Old Cyclops had have his series: Uncanny X-Men. But remove Young Cyclops from ANXM it was possible only because there was a story about Young Cyclops to tell: the story of his adventures with the Starjammers.

@hawk2916: I agree.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont like the idea of mutants fighting weird alien races.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most people would rather have an adult cyclops solo, he is by far the most interesting X-man in the marvel universe right now. Love him, hate him, doesn't matter, hes stolen the show.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny X-Men is de facto a solo of Cyclops.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.