Phoenix 5 Poll Results Fail

#1 Posted by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even know if this is worth mentioning considering AvX is a piece of flaming crap so far... But Marvel did a poll on the Phoenix Five and the results where questionable imo...

Who's your favorite member of the Phoenix Five?

Colossus... 30.50%

Cyclops... 26.42%

Emma Frost... 18.83%

Magik... 12.83%

Namor... 11.42%

Maybe this is dumb because I find over half these hosts for the phoenix pretty lame.. Can we replace Colossus, Magik, Cyclops, and Namor for Magneto, Storm, Psylocke and Angel?

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

Can we replace Colossus, Magik, Cyclops, and Namor for Magneto, Storm, Psylocke and Angel?

No, thank you.

#3 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@poisonfleur said:

Can we replace Colossus, Magik, Cyclops, and Namor for Magneto, Storm, Psylocke and Angel?

No, thank you.

#4 Posted by Augment (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@poisonfleur said:

Can we replace them with Cyclops taking the entirety of the Force and imploding from the amount of surplus energy, inadvertently and inexplicably taking Storm with him?

Yes, thank you.

Fixed. <3

#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

@poisonfleur said:

No, thank you.

John Valentine, his opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to the X-Men. If you disagree with him, chances are you're wrong. True story.
#6 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, and my favourite member of the Phoenix 5 is Cyclops.

#7 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

5 bucks say people like colossus best because he got his hair back. and on topic: no.

#8 Edited by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Augment said:

@John Valentine said:

@poisonfleur said:

Can we replace them with Cyclops taking the entirety of the Force and imploding from the amount of surplus energy, inadvertently and inexplicably taking Storm with him?

Yes, thank you.

Fixed. <3

Thank you, Augment! :D

Btw-- Where is Jean Grey in the midst of all this Phoenix action?

#9 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@John Valentine said:

@poisonfleur said:

No, thank you.

John Valentine, his opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to the X-Men. If you disagree with him, chances are you're wrong. True story.

Ha, thank you!

#10 Posted by Dman1366 (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@John Valentine said:

@poisonfleur said:

No, thank you.

truth hahaha. oh and everyone knows Magik is the best.

#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Colossus can keep the hair after this, I'm fine.

#12 Posted by jhazzroucher (15540 posts) - - Show Bio

I would prefer Cyclops, Emma, Storm, Mahgneto and Psylocke.

#13 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did they even conduct a poll?

#14 Posted by Rickbarry (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm would simply whine about Cyclops and do nothing with her Phoenix abilities. She's awful.

#15 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3525 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of Magik having the Phoenix Force, honestly even considering they are being set up to fail and they're going to get a lot of blame soon. I'd just like to see her costume design focus more on fire and the silvery armor she used to wear. The current outfit is OK but bland.

#16 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix 5 is fine as is.....okay the concept is crap but the roster is A-Ok

#17 Posted by Dernman (14911 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it a fail? The poll is what is your favorite member of the group. No of which are any of the people you mentioned. So their is no reason for them to be on the poll.

#18 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

@John Valentine said:

@poisonfleur said:

No, thank you.

#19 Posted by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

All the members of Phoenix Five are really good x-men. Although I it comes off so weird that the phoenix would choose these 5 instead of other more suitable hosts. It makes the Phoenix look desperate and not really that exclusive anymore, imo.

I guess I am still wrapping my head around the idea of the phoenix choosing male avatars.

Jean, Emma, Rachel, ans Storm have worked in the past stories.

And didn't Emma already have a phoenix costume?? Why did it change?

#20 Posted by cattlebattle (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have rather of seen the original 5 X-men as the Phoenix 5....Warren could have had awesome, flaming wings.......could of been cool. Don't know how it would have worked for Iceman though

#21 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

All the members of Phoenix Five are really good x-men. Although I it comes off so weird that the phoenix would choose these 5 instead of other more suitable hosts. It makes the Phoenix look desperate and not really that exclusive anymore, imo.

I guess I am still wrapping my head around the idea of the phoenix choosing male avatars.

What makes Storm a more suitable host? What could she do that the others can't?

#22 Edited by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: To avoid coming off as a crazed Storm fan (because that stigma goes around anytime someone says anything good about her.)

Storm's powers where greatly enhanced in the 'What if' storyline.

Imo, I think the Phoenix force is complimented best by preferably female avatars and users with power-sets like that aren't so limiting.

Telepaths and telekinetic worked in the past. Rachel or Psylocke would have been nice to see. Although Emma is perfect imo.

And power-sets like Magneto's & Storm's would be devastating combination under the power of the Phoenix compared to those like Colossus. And I like Cyclops, it just seems like all that could be enhanced by him is his optic blasts. And quick question? Why does he still need his visor???

But I guess when you have limitless godlike powers, it doesn't really matter who you pick to be your avatar.

#23 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@Osian2: To avoid coming off as a crazed Storm fan (because that stigma goes around anytime someone says anything good about her.)

Storm's powers where greatly enhanced in the 'What if' storyline.

Imo, I think the Phoenix force is complimented best by preferably female avatars and users with power-sets like that aren't so limiting.

Telepaths and telekinetic worked in the past. Rachel or Psylocke would have been nice to see. Although Emma is perfect imo.

And power-sets like Magneto's & Storm's would be devastating combination under the power of the Phoenix compared to those like Colossus. And I like Cyclops, it just seems like all that could be enhanced by him is his optic blasts. And quick question? Why does he still need his visor???

But I guess when you have limitless godlike powers, it doesn't really matter who you pick to be your avatar.

I actually prefer it that some of the more limited characters (Cyclops and Colossus) have become the host as we get to see how they deal with such a major change. I'm also tired of the whole telepath side of the Phoenix, I mean why would the Phoenix need psychic powers anyway? Out of the five I'm most interested in what Magik will do because as far as I know there hasn't been a magic based host so there's a lot of potential to be had with her.

Cyclops told xavier that he wears the visor because it help to keep him focused on a "singular vision" so it's a psychological thing. He only seem to wear it though while in Phoenix mode as he wasn't wearing it while he was relaxing.

What "What if?" story are you talking about and what happened if I may ask?

#24 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

The Phoenix Force didn't choose, it's was kinda of forced to use the mutants available on the blue area of the moon after Stark's PF killer just fragmented the force and hurt it. Cyke pretty much said so in AvX 5. Prior to that it was attempting to bond with Hope, though she was trying to reject it and get Logan to kill her. Don't view that as weird personally.

Think the writer's aim was to have a powerful mix of avatars for the force, but all with flaws that the PF will ultimately amplify and corrupt (e.g. Namor = Arrogance, Emma = Selfishness, Illyana = Dark/cruel heart, etc). Storm, etc just don't have those big flaws really.

#25 Posted by Dman1366 (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

@poisonfleur said:

The Phoenix Force didn't choose, it's was kinda of forced to use the mutants available on the blue area of the moon after Stark's PF killer just fragmented the force and hurt it. Cyke pretty much said so in AvX 5. Prior to that it was attempting to bond with Hope, though she was trying to reject it and get Logan to kill her. Don't view that as weird personally.

Think the writer's aim was to have a powerful mix of avatars for the force, but all with flaws that the PF will ultimately amplify and corrupt (e.g. Namor = Arrogance, Emma = Selfishness, Illyana = Dark/cruel heart, etc). Storm, etc just don't have those big flaws really.

what about colossus?

#26 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

Storm would simply whine about Cyclops and do nothing with her Phoenix abilities. She's awful.

No... you forgot a key part... she'd also whine about being claustrophobic.

#27 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@Rickbarry said:

LMFAO.

#28 Posted by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

@Daycrawler said:

@poisonfleur said:

what about colossus?

Mhmm!! I Daycrawler I didn't look at it that way!!! That makes things a bit more interesting. These 5 x-men do have huge flaws among them. And it really seems like the all Phoenix 5's members are corrupted in their own ways. I just thought the writers where picking names out of a hat. lol

@Osian2: Gotcha, and I shouldn't bash on anyone's fav. I was just SUPER surprised Colossus was the favorite of the 5. As for Storm (in the What-if story), the Phoenix leaves her body after Kitty and the x-men go against her. And after the Phoenix leaves, Storm dies. :/

#29 Posted by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

@X35 said:

@Rickbarry said:

LMFAO.

Are you serious?? Don't bash on Storm. Besides there are a lot more X-men who Whine more than Storm.. Not going to point any fingers, you know who you are...

#30 Posted by Rickbarry (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: Eh, don't be super surprised. Colossus is one of the more popular X-men and he's getting some spotlight over the past few months. Although it could be as superficial as his new look. It's blows the other uniforms out of the water.

#31 Posted by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: I don't understand the hype!

D:

I like Colossus, he is likable. As a reader, I always considered him as the muscle of the x-men who goes out with Kitty. (His uniform doesn't do much for me. It reminds me of a gladiator or something. Although it's nice to see him with hair again. :) I do like Emma and Namor's new costumes)

I really gotta take the time to digest this event and all the crazy things going along with it...

#32 Edited by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

@Daycrawler said:

@poisonfleur said:

what about colossus?

Yeah was thinking about Piotr. Depends on what the situation is with Cyttorak. If he's basically jugerlossus with Phoenix Force, then I'd say the flaw is obviously rage. However, if the PF has purged him of cyttorak then his flaw would be caring for Illyana (bit of a positive flaw!). Basically if Illyana becomes corrupted by the PF and then attacked by the Avengers,etc, then Piotr's devotion to / protection of his Sister could could be the thing that the PF corrupts or feeds off of.

Gillen has said that he'll clarify what's going on with Colossus re: the PF and Cyttorak in an issue of Uncanny X-Men soon.

EDIT: Or....Piotr could be the only one of the Phoenix Five that doesn't have any big enough flaws to easily corrupt, so whilst the other four become corrupted Colossus doesn't and actually fights against the others once they turn?

#33 Posted by MuhollandBlack (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Could someone please post a link to this poll? I cannot find it on the Marvel site. Thanks!

Also, how many people voted? A couple hundred? That often isn't an indicator of the actual readership.

#34 Posted by Saren (25583 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who likes bald Piotr?

#35 Edited by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Am I the only one who likes bald Piotr?

Yes. Why you'd like him, I don't know.

As for the rest:

@John Valentine said:

No, thank you.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.