Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13409 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

overrated

• 122 results
    Blowout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Blowout

i got this topic idea off of the x-men forum on marvel.com. who do you guys think is the most overrated x-man?????

i say gambit and angel. they are cool, but their powers seem quite weak in comparison to those of the other members on the team(s). i just dont see why these two guys are SO popular.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

Wolverine...

everyone seems to think he's the best thing since sliced bread...

lately his powers have become suped up to a stupid extent.

M

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Valkaad

Methos says:

"Wolverine... everyone seems to think he's the best thing since sliced bread... lately his powers have become suped up to a stupid extent. M"

Totally agree. I liked it better when it took him a while to heal. It made him more interesting and it gave him more depth. He actually had to try to elude people sometimes and use strategy and stealth. I also think his old healing factor made him a lot tougher. By tougher I mean, It used to be when he got shot or stabbed it hurt him like hell and it took time for his body to knit itself back together (even the healing was painful). Even when he knew an injury or a batttle was gonna hurt him bad and it may take him weeks to recover, he kept coming. It takes a tough as nails S.O.B to go into a battle thinking "man I might be laid up in pain for couple of weeks if I keep fighting, but I've got to do it". Now if he gets shot he is practically healed before the bullet has exited his body, sword and knife wounds heal in seconds (It once took him a couple months to heal from a sword wound through the gut). To me this makes him not as tough. If I knew I would heal in one second I would run in like gangbusters too.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By zero edge

I never liked the idea that Wolverine could regrow organs and even a freaking heart.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Sparda

Methos says:

"Wolverine...everyone seems to think he's the best thing since sliced bread...lately his powers have become suped up to a stupid extent.M"

Most everyone I know don't like him much anymore.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Wolverine, Gambit and Storm.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Apparition

Valkaad says:

"Methos says:
    "Wolverine... everyone seems to think he's the best thing since sliced bread... lately his powers have become suped up to a stupid extent. M"
    Totally agree. I liked it better when it took him a while to heal. It made him more interesting and it gave him more depth. He actually had to try to elude people sometimes and use strategy and stealth. I also think his old healing factor made him a lot tougher. By tougher I mean, It used to be when he got shot or stabbed it hurt him like hell and it took time for his body to knit itself back together (even the healing was painful). Even when he knew an injury or a batttle was gonna hurt him bad and it may take him weeks to recover, he kept coming. It takes a tough as nails S.O.B to go into a battle thinking "man I might be laid up in pain for couple of weeks if I keep fighting, but I've got to do it". Now if he gets shot he is practically healed before the bullet has exited his body, sword and knife wounds heal in seconds (It once took him a couple months to heal from a sword wound through the gut). To me this makes him not as tough. If I knew I would heal in one second I would run in like gangbusters too."

great point, i completely agree

Blowout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blowout

fesak says:

"Wolverine, Gambit and Storm. "

i agree about wolverine and gambit, but i would also add archangel. i like storm though.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Storm overrated? Wolverine by far is not only the most overrated X-Men but most overrated in the Marvel U.

P.S. If you think Gambit has weak powers I truly think you haven't taken the time to know the character.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rotten gun

yeah there is proof wolverine is overated "the wolverine vs lobo crossover". i also cant stand jubilee so any time i get to bag her i feel liberated... JUBILEE... OVERATED!!!

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEADPOOL

Wolverine's pretty bad, but so is Storm.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By John Valentine

Wolverine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Storm

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By John Valentine
    TheDrifter said:
    "Storm"

How?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

John Valentine said:
    "TheDrifter said:
    "Storm"

How?"
    I'm tired of listening to Storm Fan-boys
    SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SeSAW

Neither Id say Cyclops, Emma Frost, or, Beast. Wolverine and Storm are cornerstone characters, even though i do agree that wolvies power level has gotten a bit dumb. But Id much rather see more of havok than cyclops, and would rather have Jean Grey than Emma. 

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By John Valentine
    TheDrifter said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "TheDrifter said:
    "Storm"

How?"
    I'm tired of listening to Storm Fan-boys"

I don't like her either, but I fail to see how shes overrated.
    Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Super-Buster

Sometimes Prof. X

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By pixelized

Wolverine...sometimes i wish i was a wolverine fan because i wouldn't ever run out of reading material. 

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Korg

John Valentine said:

"I don't like her either, but I fail to see how shes overrated."
    Search for some Storm battle threads and you'll see why everyone says Storm. I'd go with Emma and Gambit.
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DEADPOOL
    Valkaad said:
    "

Methos says:

Totally agree. I liked it better when it took him a while to heal. It made him more interesting and it gave him more depth. He actually had to try to elude people sometimes and use strategy and stealth. I also think his old healing factor made him a lot tougher. By tougher I mean, It used to be when he got shot or stabbed it hurt him like hell and it took time for his body to knit itself back together (even the healing was painful). Even when he knew an injury or a batttle was gonna hurt him bad and it may take him weeks to recover, he kept coming. It takes a tough as nails S.O.B to go into a battle thinking "man I might be laid up in pain for couple of weeks if I keep fighting, but I've got to do it". Now if he gets shot he is practically healed before the bullet has exited his body, sword and knife wounds heal in seconds (It once took him a couple months to heal from a sword wound through the gut). To me this makes him not as tough. If I knew I would heal in one second I would run in like gangbusters too.

"
    Those are my thoughts aswell.

I also have to nominate Storm too. Writers go completely overboard with her powers.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John Valentine
    DEADPOOL said:
    "Valkaad said:
    "

Methos says:

"
    Those are my thoughts aswell.

I also have to nominate Storm too. Writers go completely overboard with her powers."
    Hell, know he even makes jokes when his penis gets cut off....
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By speedlgt

wolverine is NOT overrated

Lets get real here Hes one of marvels TOP money making heros behid spiderman and hulk  hes quickly become the face of marvel and as such hes been beefed up so whats overrated about that? He has constantly been shown getting his ass handed to him being riped cut shot more than any other hero out there. If we all saw spiderman get mamed like that we all cry or hed be dead. His power has grown and that makes sense as its a mutation.

he was left out of civil war....and hes on a new avengers team running backup to LUKE CAGE..................LUKE FREAKING CAGE!  and I like cage but come on you cant tell me logan is seriously gonna take order from him.

wolverine is fine

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By John Valentine
    speedlgt said:
    "wolverine is NOT overrated

Lets get real here Hes one of marvels TOP money making heros behid spiderman and hulk  hes quickly become the face of marvel and as such hes been beefed up so whats overrated about that? He has constantly been shown getting his ass handed to him being riped cut shot more than any other hero out there. If we all saw spiderman get mamed like that we all cry or hed be dead. His power has grown and that makes sense as its a mutation.

he was left out of civil war....and hes on a new avengers team running backup to LUKE CAGE..................LUKE FREAKING CAGE!  and I like cage but come on you cant tell me logan is seriously gonna take order from him.

wolverine is fine
    "
    Why not?
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By speedlgt
    John Valentine said:
    "speedlgt said:
    "wolverine is NOT overrated

wolverine is fine
    "
    Why not?"

why not what?
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By John Valentine

Why should't he take orders from the man who kept the New Avengers together after Cap's death?

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By speedlgt

oh ok

Um well like i said I am cage fan but  hes just cage and I cant see someone like wolverine or spiderman for that matter following him.
    Wolverine has more expirence and is pretty smart at war tactics and overall military issues Cage is street smart he did keep them together and does have something to him but honestly wolverine and Dr. strange should lead that team it just seems more natural of a fit.  Also wolveinre is tough guy to command and only Cap and Cylocpus have done it and they are the best leaders in marvel U

so i guess thats what I am thinking

Demonic Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Demonic Reaper

Logan

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Super-Buster
    speedlgt said:
    "oh ok

Um well like i said I am cage fan but  hes just cage and I cant see someone like wolverine or spiderman for that matter following him.
    Wolverine has more expirence and is pretty smart at war tactics and overall military issues Cage is street smart he did keep them together and does have something to him but honestly wolverine and Dr. strange should lead that team it just seems more natural of a fit.  Also wolveinre is tough guy to command and only Cap and Cylocpus have done it and they are the best leaders in marvel U

so i guess thats what I am thinking"
    Something smells skrully.
    Jaadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#30  Edited By Jaadu

I THINK......

-WOLVERINE: I love him, but he's realllllllllllly overatted and always looked as being soo great, and has a ton of his own series plus is like in all the x titles (most)

-CYCLOPS: I did like him as a leader before, but now i'm tired of him! he's so overrated in the sense that his powers/leadership is so great, but i don't really think he's all that powerful and he sometimes is a jerk!

-SHADOWCAT- She just seems like she gets soo much attention, but I feel like she's reallly 2-demesional personality wise!

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#31  Edited By time1

cylops

emma

beast

are overrated

Billy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Billy

lolwut, BEAST!?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By John Valentine
    time said:
    "

cylops

emma

beast

are overrated

"
    How are they overated?
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pixelized

Cyclops, Kitty, wolverine

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By John Valentine

Ho is Cyclops overated?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pixelized

cause

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By John Valentine
    pixelized said:
    "cause"
    Why?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c9bb5509ec3c
    deactivated-5c9bb5509ec3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my God Jean Grey is REALLY overrated.

She needs to stop dying and get a life already.
    I'm so sick of it -___-

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By John Valentine
    Shadow Huntress said:
    "Oh my God Jean Grey is REALLY overrated.

She needs to stop dying and get a life already.
    I'm so sick of it -___-"
    I don't like her but I wouldn't say that she's overrated...

The only X-Man I say that is, is Wolverine.
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By time1

cylops is overated cause he still in x-men that's why. his powers are not great,  what does he have?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    time said:
    "

cylops

emma

beast

are overrated

"
    Just because you don't like them doesn't make them overrated.Nobody even likes Beast and Cyclops is fairly disliked.Emma is the only person you named who is actually really popular.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By John Valentine
    time said:
    "cylops is overated cause he still in x-men that's why. his powers are not great,  what does he have?"
    Well you're totally correct.... besides from having a near lifetime of training and developing his leadership skills, as well as finding ways to use his powers, plus his tactical brilliance, he has nothing....
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By pixelized
    John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:
    "cause"
    Why?"
    he is.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    time said:
    "cylops is overated cause he still in x-men that's why. his powers are not great,  what does he have?"
    That is like saying Iron Man is overrated because he's still in the Avengers.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c9bb5509ec3c
    deactivated-5c9bb5509ec3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah yes and Cyclops and Emma Frost are really overrated too.

Emma also needs to put clothes on.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Precise
    Vance Astro said:
    "time said:
    "

cylops

emma

beast

are overrated

"
    Just because you don't like them doesn't make them overrated.Nobody even likes Beast and Cyclops is fairly disliked.Emma is the only person you named who is actually really popular."

Hey! I like beast.. then again.. i always like the characters no one else likes..
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By John Valentine
    Precise said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "time said:
    "

cylops

emma

beast

are overrated

"
    Just because you don't like them doesn't make them overrated.Nobody even likes Beast and Cyclops is fairly disliked.Emma is the only person you named who is actually really popular."

Hey! I like beast.. then again.. i always like the characters no one else likes.."
    Like Moon Knight?
    Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Precise
    John Valentine said:
    "Precise said:
    Hey! I like beast.. then again.. i always like the characters no one else likes.."
    Like Moon Knight?"

Meh.. Not a real fan of him, but i do read one of his comics sometimes.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Shadow Huntress said:
    "Ah yes and Cyclops and Emma Frost are really overrated too.

Emma also needs to put clothes on."
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By time1

i didn't say i didn't like these characters

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.