Out of these X-Men characters, who do you think is X-Men best female character

#1 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Ms. Omega (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Rogue she has been my favorite since I was a kid.

#3 Edited by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue will always be my favourite X-Lady. Tough choice though, Jean my second choice and Psylocke is my third favourite X-lady.

#4 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

there is a reason it was called pryde of the x-men.

#5 Posted by Night Thrasher (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
Wolverine & The X-Men
#6 Posted by darkmagik (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine always be Magik

#7 Posted by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

If the question was favorite, I'd have gone with Kitty. But since the question was "best" I think of "most valuable," and thanks to the X-Men film franchise I'd say that's Mystique.

#8 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Really tough between X-23, Kitty and Rogue. Um...screw it, Kitty Pryde

#9 Posted by Invisible_Witch (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey

#10 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Roro.

#11 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke....I don't know exactly why, but I just like her.

#12 Posted by stambo42 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

And by Psylocke, I mean Remender. Otherwise I would have gone Morrison Emma. I've always loved Rogue, but she's just been written so poorly for a while now.

#13 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison's version of Jean Grey is my favorite. he managed to juggle a character that was involved in a highly unnecessary, long-running love triangle with the need for her own personality, strengths and grey moments in a masterful way to come up with a character that stands out the most clearly of all the X-women. An added bonus was that her powers enabled her to develop aspects of her character even before Morrison that typically go unexplored due to the fact that she could read minds and interact using her thoughts.

#14 Posted by Veitha (2886 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost is the best. She's the X-Men's diamond

#15 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean ever since her "death's" the X men have lost there heart.

#16 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: What? no Moonstar!!??

#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is my favorite X-Man.

#18 Posted by Crusader105 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue. Tough, strong, sassy, yet sensitive and flawed. Plus that accent. And she can give quite a beat-down when she has to.

#19 Posted by jhazzroucher (15053 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa! Psylcoke is currently leading and beating the x-female trinity Storm, Jean and Rogue. : )

#20 Posted by jhazzroucher (15053 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Storm is now.

#21 Posted by Pso_Christen (76 posts) - - Show Bio

I go with Storm. That's my girl, but my second would be a toss up between Jean and Rogue. Third would be Psylocke.

#22 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm

#23 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean, Mystique, storm, and Kitty are my favorite.

#24 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

I created a voting one for the X-Men couples, but I posted it on the wrong forum by accident. You can find it on off-topic forum. So I hope people vote on that too.

#25 Posted by poisonfleur (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

STORM

#26 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

So Storm is X-Men best lady. OK

#27 Posted by jhazzroucher (15053 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

i love that statement but I prefer saying the x-women are the best ladies in comics, especially Phoenix, Rogue and Storm. : )

#28 Posted by SoA (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

psylocke has always been my fave x-woman

#29 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@time said:

i love that statement but I prefer saying the x-women are the best ladies in comics, especially Phoenix, Rogue and Storm. : )

I think it's between Storm and Jean Grey. No surprise there. I hope more people vote. 

#30 Edited by Selina_Sublime (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the A-Listers I would rank it:

1. Kitty Pryde (solid antagonist and narrator for the X-Men)

2. Storm (great, groundbreaking character with tremendous history with a bit of an antiquated take on an African-American female IMO; sorely in need of a reinvention)

3. Mystique (although I wished Aaron's overly psychopathic b would've blended with Carey's overly-sympathetic manipulator, she's one of the X-Men's most exciting villains)

4. Rogue (melodramatic, pathos-filled tragic heroine whose character arc the past couple decades is reminiscent of a Disney Princess)

4. Emma Frost (down several spots due to the past several years in stories of patriarchy, she was once a bright and unique character among the X-Men)

5. Jean Grey (great character with too much convoluted story aspects, which are not limited to countless deaths and resurrections, the back-and-forth Phoenix-related retcons, and general overemphasis on her romance with Cyclops; this bird has been cooked overdone)

6. Psylocke (antiquatedly racist and sexist caricature that brings forth not only the worst of the 90's, but of comic books in general)

Of the up-and-comers:

1. Marvel Girl (her characterization is all over the place, her history is messy (although unlike her mother's, its easily and often ignored), but has been a striking, young, layered, yet still fresh character in Wolverine and the X-Men)

2. M (lacks the pathos and has suffered from one of the weaker (and occasionally obnoxious) character arcs in X-Factor, Monet still holds the honor of slowly being built from the ground up through witty exchanges, a bold and brash personality, and memorable relationships with any character she comes across. If only her mutant "perfection" or SOMETHING can help her crack the top spot)

3. Magik (last minute insert, will add comments later)

4. Boom Boom (could probably never be any more than a supporting character, but she's hilarious, a visual, and has a thorough but not overdone history that lays the ground work for her future)

5. Surge (I honestly find her visually obnoxious, but can see her hanging with the big dogs)

#31 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6000 posts) - - Show Bio

KITTY PRYDE STORM AND ROGUE are my faves.

#32 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine. He's the best at everything and is all things to all people.

Okay, okay, Domino.

#33 Posted by Yasiiii4 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Jean Jean

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.