Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Out of these choices which would you recommend? Why?

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

Poll Out of these choices which would you recommend? Why? (17 votes)

Cable & X-Force 12%
    Uncanny X-Force 24%
    X-Men Legacy 0%
    Ultimate Comics X-Men 6%
    X-Factor (Then collect the back issues or trades) 18%
    None of the above 29%

I'm thinking about picking up another X-title. I've never been interested in Deadpool, Gambit, and I read enough Wolverine books already. Here are my options.

• 
    Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

if you mean X-Factor (2005), I'd have to go with that, at least the first bunch of trades; just great. Also, if you do end up checking it out, you might also want to check out the Madrox mini series (from 2004) that precedes it. Probably the definitive Madrox story.

I am really liking Uncanny X-Force right now though. So far it's mostly been about Psylocke, and it's definitely not for everyone, but I'm enjoying it a lot.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By knighthood

@oldnightcrawler: I can't believe anyone has voted yet. Nobody must read these books. I gave up on UXF after the first issue, but with Astonishing wrapping up soon I thought I should give another X book a chance. You mentioning UXF elsewhere got me curious. I'll pick up the past 7 or so issues that I've missed of UXF and give it a shot. Then try to find some X-Factor trades as well.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@knighthood: I was surprised to see UXF on the list of options, due to your earlier comment (something something Ms.Pottymouth..), but of the current books on this list, it is the one I'm enjoying most. Not every issue is great, actually, I don't know that any of them would rate as great, but it's built to a good stride; it's fast and loose with pacing and plots, but it still feels pretty organic. I dunno, I like it.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Most of these arnt that great try wolverine & the xmen or uncanny xmen

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Most of these arnt that great try wolverine & the xmen or uncanny xmen

I totally disagree with this guy lol. A.) i hate Wolverine and the X men (i am a big fan of Uncanny however)

B i love about every book on this list

ok now, lets talk about each title my personal favorite and i cant really tell you why is Cable and X Force. It is a good solid title, i like alot of the characters and the story moves at a nice pace imo.

My next one off the list would be X Men legacy, because well i have no idea but the book is addictive. It's just a good read, the art is meh and the story is very weird but i still enjoy every issue try it before you dis it too bad.

Uncanny X force i WANT to like, really i do the characters in it i am fond of. Thing is it is really really Phantomx & Psylocke centeric i AM HOPING that after this arc wraps up that it gets a little more balanced with Bishop, Puck, Spiral, Storm ect.

The other two i left off because i tend to stay away from alternate time line books (IE ultimate X men although i did start it i hav elike the first 14 issues and its really good so if you don't care its alternate time line i highly suggest it) and books that are canceled are something i spend extra money on, i don't go out and hunt for them but if i see one i pick up kind of thing, but i was a big fan of X factor and i would say if you see one you havent read its worth the cash to pick it up

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As much as I like Psylocke, I can't recommend Uncanny X-Force.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

lately cable and xforce has picked up a bit. uncanny xforce is a bit wierd. i always fall asleep reading legacy. xfactorvis ending but if u go back in tpb that would be cool. im just getting into ultimate and dont really know the stories but so far im enjoying it. ultimate gets my vote

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By knighthood

@mcklayn: @queencorp15: @oldnightcrawler: I really didn't like how Psylocke was written in that first issue, but I really want to like this series. Mainly because of Puck, Storm, and Spiral.

Ultimate Comics X-Men is written by Brian Woods. That's partly why I'm interested. His work with W&tXM Alpha & Omega and "X-Men" is great, so I'm curious what he's doing in the Ultimate universe. I usually hate alternate timelines and universes, but honestly these main universe character never stay the same. And honestly most 616ers change for the worst, so I'm somewhat okay with alt universes if there is a good story. For example, I think Wolverine Max is the best Wolverine book out at the moment. Personally it seems more true to his loner persona.

I'm already reading Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine and the X-Men. W&tXM is an acquired taste, and yes overall it is not a great book.

I read Legacy's first issue and wasn't impressed, but I have to admit it's hard to pass up this book every month. Since they have some of the best covers.

Cable & X-Force only interests me only because Colossus is in this book, but I've only read one book.

I've decided to pick up some UXF back issues and 3 X-Factor trades.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@knighthood: sometimes I don't even realize what's in continuity. This happens less with the X-men, but just the other day I was trying to recommend a good Luke Cage story, and I realized the only one I'd read prior to him joining the Avengers was the marvel Max Cage mini series. The same thing happens when I try to recommend good Batman or Superman stories, too. Honestly, I don't think it really matters if books are in the same continuity or not most of the time, as long as they're good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.