Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Our Time vs X-men Time?

LadyHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LadyHarley

What is the ratio for our time and their universe time? Someone told me 4 years in real life correlates to 1 year for them in comics. I know they are in the same Marvel Universe as the Avengers etc, but their storylines are told at different rates. I know they're comics and sometimes you just have to not analysis to much into it, but I'm just wondering if there's a general ratio for the X-Men.

Is there even a ratio at all?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

I don't believe there is a ratio, the original X-Men started off in their teens and have remained in their mid to late twenties for quite some time now

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By moywar700

I think 10 years has passed. The original x-men were in their teens and now in their mid twenties.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By papad1992

@moywar700 said:

I think 10 years has passed. The original x-men were in their teens and now in their mid twenties.

I always thought characters like Beast, Polaris, Cyclops, Havok, Jean Grey, Angel, the oldest X-members were in their early to mid-30s!? Makes much more sense. The New Mutants should be in their mid to late 20s while the X-students are of course teenagers!!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

There is no ratio.

Sh!t just happens.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skaddix

There is no real ratio but 4 years is a good rough number.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daycrawler

@papad1992 said:

@moywar700 said:

I always thought characters like Beast, Polaris, Cyclops, Havok, Jean Grey, Angel, the oldest X-members were in their early to mid-30s!? Makes much more sense. The New Mutants should be in their mid to late 20s while the X-students are of course teenagers!!

Yeah, I'd go with this. There's no way that Cyke, Beast, Angel, etc are early/mid 20's now. I'd say about 28 - 32 ish, New Mutants are early to mid 20's with Gen X / Young X-Men in their teens.

I've always thought it was more like 3 years real time roughly equals 1 year X-Men time. It's what I've heard before anyway, and what kinda feels right to me. It's 37 years since the giant-sized X-Men issue, so if 3 years = 1 year, then 37/3 = 12 years X-Men time. That means if Cyke started out as 16 then he's now 28. Could probably call it 30 or 31 years old given that I was discounting the classic 60's run.

Someone should do a serious study on this involving graphs, pie charts and powerpoint presentations!

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Powerzone789

I can't remember where but it was stated that cyclops and the original x-men have been stated to be in their mid to late 30's. The new mutants are in their mid twenties, it would make no sense for the original x-men to be in their twenties when the new mutants are

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By papad1992

@Daycrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

@moywar700 said:

Yeah, I'd go with this. There's no way that Cyke, Beast, Angel, etc are early/mid 20's now. I'd say about 28 - 32 ish, New Mutants are early to mid 20's with Gen X / Young X-Men in their teens.

I've always thought it was more like 3 years real time roughly equals 1 year X-Men time. It's what I've heard before anyway, and what kinda feels right to me. It's 37 years since the giant-sized X-Men issue, so if 3 years = 1 year, then 37/3 = 12 years X-Men time. That means if Cyke started out as 16 then he's now 28. Could probably call it 30 or 31 years old given that I was discounting the classic 60's run.

Someone should do a serious study on this involving graphs, pie charts and powerpoint presentations!

Funny... but I would have to disagree on the Gen X members, they should be in the same category or a few years younger than the New Mutants but a little older than the students!!! Somewhere in the early 20s sounds about right!!

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Daycrawler

@papad1992 said:

@Daycrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

@moywar700 said:

Funny... but I would have to disagree on the Gen X members, they should be in the same category or a few years younger than the New Mutants but a little older than the students!!! Somewhere in the early 20s sounds about right!!

Yup, you are right sir. I actually meant to say Gen Hope and not Gen X. D'oh!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.