Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Opinions on Puck in Uncanny X-Force

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gotwillpower

In case you haven't heard, the new Uncanny X-force team is Psylocke, Storm, Spiral, Cluster (Lady Fantomex), and Puck. I'm unfamiliar with Puck, and I guess now I'd like to know more. Sam Humphries has stated that, "What Fantomex was to Rick's Uncanny X-Force, Puck will be here." Is that even possible? After reading Remender's run, Fantomex has become one of my favorite characters of all time. I don't really see Puck doing that, but I'd love to hear what you think.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

Please stop making short canadians tall.

I mean look at Wolverine now, he grew 6 inches and lost everything I loved about him.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Blood1991

I've always liked Puck. He is like a Wolverine parody, who is even better now that he is bat sh!t crazy and hearing demons.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DarkDay

@Blood1991 said:

I've always liked Puck. He is like a Wolverine parody, who is even better now that he is bat sh!t crazy and hearing demons.

I pretty much agree with this. Also I think the Fantomex reference is to the fact that he is relatively unknown to most except for the deeper ends of the fan base, but he's a potentially cool and interesting character that might seem underwhelming on paper, but could be awesome in practice with the right cast of characters to interact with and the proper writing at his back.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By papad1992

@gotwillpower said:

In case you haven't heard, the new Uncanny X-force team is Psylocke, Storm, Spiral, Cluster (Lady Fantomex), and Puck. I'm unfamiliar with Puck, and I guess now I'd like to know more. Sam Humphries has stated that, "What Fantomex was to Rick's Uncanny X-Force, Puck will be here." Is that even possible? After reading Remender's run, Fantomex has become one of my favorite characters of all time. I don't really see Puck doing that, but I'd love to hear what you think.

Puck was a founding member of Alpha Flight. He's a bad@ss acrobat and combatant... I don't see how he and Fantomex could be compared but I'll have to read it to believe it!

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chasereis

@papad1992: Well said. Although I was under the impression he was dead and in hell (no joke). I clearly missed something...

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By evilvegeta74

They have no use for that particular character. It's like the one of these kids is doing his own thing song. Puck just doesn't fit at all, he's a defective puzzle piece. I do like the guy, with Alpha Flight though.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By papad1992

@chasereis said:

@papad1992: Well said. Although I was under the impression he was dead and in hell (no joke). I clearly missed something...

Well initially I thought Puck was resurrected with the other Alpha Flight members that died during Chaos War but when I checked, he wasn't there! I'm confused as much as you are!! Maybe the first issue will reveal what happens... it has to actually!!

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By kiss_lamia

@papad1992: im guessing spiral might have gotten him out since she can teleport through different times and dimentions, well maybe anyway lool

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By papad1992

@kiss_lamia said:

@papad1992: im guessing spiral might have gotten him out since she can teleport through different times and dimentions, well maybe anyway lool

There's a thought.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been much of a fan of Puck, the last time I found him even the slightest bit interesting was during the original run of Alpha Flight. That said, some revivals can work out well (Iron Fist) so I'll wait and see.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By Timandm

I liked Puck since he was first introduced... I think he fits in with the idea of X-Force rather well, with the exception of not being a Mutant and having no super powers whatsoever...

I think he will bring a certain 'character' to the group...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.