Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Omega-Level

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@moonlighterstone said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@moonlighterstone: Because scans were posted on page three of this thread and still ignored with some crap about telepathic illusions being the same as illusions being created by light bending.

But I thought Dazzlers was the one that created a hologram image? Image can also be an illusion as we all so confused about.

She create an image around herself to look like Xavier, and that was all she did. Jean made Magneto believe he killed Allison so that she could impersonate Xavier.

I wish I had those books.

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im back and yes Magneto would win. He could easily kill Xavier if he really wanted this have actually happened many times before. He haven't done that because Xavier is his friend and his mission in life is to protect his fellow mutant from the dirty human scumbags.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@4u2nv said:

Im back and yes Magneto would win. He could easily kill Xavier if he really wanted this have actually happened many times before. He haven't done that because Xavier is his friend and his mission in life is to protect his fellow mutant from the dirty human scumbags.

and Xavier can easily turn him into a drooling invalid, and did!

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ay dios mio.

Even if Magneto not a omega, he's still the master and a master should be respected.

The confusion might come from the fact that not every helmet he has has blocked telepathy. Sometimes he'll just make one out of whatever metal is around.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fridric said:

@blackblade said:

@fridric said:

@blackblade: Jean can do the same things as Magneto and better! Why? she controls ALL forms of energy which includes magnetism for those who can't understand! It's only the writers who are stupid and can't develop all of the aspect of Jean's powers and limits her to simple TK when she can generate other(all!) forms of energy. It's what an Omega level is originally! I don't count Iceman, Storm and others supposed Omega level because they are NOT real Omega level mutants(except Kid Omega and Jean's children). An Omega is supposed to generate ALL the type of existing form of energy and not only ONE! That's why I'm against the fact Iceman and Storm are Omega level mutants. If Magneto is not considered an Omega level, Iceman, Storm and others can't be classified as such too!

It is true that Mags and Grey have similar powers. Grey however, can control more than simply metal. I cannot say though that this would give her an advantage. It seems by the comics, that Grey has to concentrate more when moving objects than Mags does. and in a battle with Mags, time is something you cannot afford to waste.

Storm is powerful, she is/was one of the twelve (not sure if all the twelve still have their powers now due to M day), but not omega level (Iceman is an omega level). she can not alter the entire planet's ecosystem just small areas. she can attune herself to any weather condition of any planet but that doesn't mean she can control it. And the more sever the ecosystem is that she try to controls it could hurt her because she is not immune to it!

I completely agree with you. Bobby and the rest of those (who's classification are omega) shouldn't be naming omega if Magneto don't qualify as an omega (lol). Beside Magneto (lets face it), If he want to he can destroy the whole planet. Yup that's right, and why? Because electromagnetism is one of the obvious and ubiquitous forces we see in day to day life. From the electricity used in all of our modern technology, to shape of the solar winds, to the cohesion of matter, the electrochemical signals of the nervous system, electromagnetism is responsible for them all... GLOBALLY. Magneto should actually be an omega level. As @Cutter stated "Magneto is easily worthy of being an omega mutant. He's basically the walking Unified Field Theory." And this is so true.

I add this: I agree that Magneto is extremly powerful and has a variety of effects with his powers but I think you make a confusion between the "type of power"(Omega level mutant=Jean Grey) and the "level of the mutation"(it has many levels between the telepaths fro example). For example: Polaris is(supposed) weaker than Magneto, it's her level of mutation. Between the Omega level mutants, we see there's difference of level of their mutation even if all of them are Omega! Do you understand what I mean?

Yes I understand (barely). What I just think is tragic that Magneto is not classified omega.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flavalon said:

But I'm affraid I have to agree with some people here that Jean did have access to Magneto's mind. I'm a fan of Jean just like I'm a fan of Magneto, but the fact is the fact. So those who have the point I'll give it to them and those who don't I'll take it away. Too bad for some of you who didn't know about this. But I'm telling ya, it did happened. It's confusing, but all I can say is read the story and find out for yourself.

Magneto is a skilled strategist and hand-to-hand combatant. He has been able to successfully fight off telepathic attacks from Professor Xavier, Jean Grey, and Psylocke through sheer force of will. Everything is on panel and I'm sure if you're such of fan you'd know this.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperians: LOL

Magneto can react to light speeds. Magneto can detect and drag a bullet 5 times the size of the empire state building all the way in another solar system and drag it to earth in minutes. Magneto hasn't been throwing metal for years. In his fight with Proteus (a high level reality warper made of energy) Magneto beat him by messing with Proteus true form himself. It's not like Magneto doesn't get stronger every time he's shown. He just owned a global level reality warper and (again) dragged a planet destroying bullet 5 times the size of the empire state building which was light years away moving at light speeds back to earth, while he was in a weakened state. I am not a fanboy, just posting proof on Magneto's feats.

Aint that some s^^t. Ever since the Phoenix Force f^^^^d with his powers. Dude pulled a f^^^^ng alien metal bullet back to Earth across light years in weeks. That's Omega level s^^t.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By Viperians
    No Caption Provided

Jay_Alam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I know Magneto has generally been perceived as an Alpha Level mutant but dayum, you're telling me the ability to control magnetism (and not limited to) and control magnetic fields is not worthy of omega status? If Iceman, Jean, and Apocalypse are omega level mutants how is Magneto not? This confounded me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto was never stated to be an omega level mutant on panel so all we will ever be able to do is speculate and assume. Is he stronger than some omega level mutants? yes I would say so. Does that mean he is one? No we can't tell. You don't have to be a classified omega level mutant to be stronger than one or to beat one. The magneto debate has been going on forever and its not gonna lead anywhere or to anything. We all know how strong Magneto is, it doesn't matter if he is an omega level or not >.<

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4u2nv said:

and Xavier can easily turn him into a drooling invalid, and did!

Magneto would win for sure, he looks much more badasssss, and will be victorious!

Hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#262  Edited By Hassun

@erik: As far as I know only Nate Grey was called an omega level mutant. You could infer from that Cable was one too but I don't think it was ever explicitly mentioned. The Summers-Grey bloodline is nothing if not a ridiculous mess of course.

As for the lower classifications not existing:

No Caption Provided

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@hassun: My mistake on other classifications.

In regards to Cable, it was stated on panel that Nate Grey is what Cable would be without the T-O virus. It's kind of a roundabout way of saying Cable is an Omega but IMO, it's satisfactory.

Hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By Hassun

@erik: Yeah I can accept that.

Glad Nate got depowered though. All those Summers-Grey omega level mutants are/were so damn broken. It's no wonder Cable needed to have the techno-organic virus just to make his power levels more manageable.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_alam said:

Ok I know Magneto has generally been perceived as an Alpha Level mutant but dayum, you're telling me the ability to control magnetism (and not limited to) and control magnetic fields is not worthy of omega status? If Iceman, Jean, and Apocalypse are omega level mutants how is Magneto not? This confounded me.

Confounded indeed.

WonKka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone: No im not a scam. Im a fan just like you and every one else here. I was only reporting what you wanted to know. So I did and still you don't believe. If I were you, I wouldn't keep saying "Post a scan" cause that would make you look stupid cause it did happened. I literally agree with you, it shouldn't happen, but it DID. Like I say, something was not right, something didn't click, and yes, some writers seem to screwed up. So, I will politely tell you this... get the book and find out for yourself and maybe "you" can post those scans.

WonKka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ay dios mio.

Even if Magneto not a omega, he's still the master and a master should be respected.

The confusion might come from the fact that not every helmet he has has blocked telepathy. Sometimes he'll just make one out of whatever metal is around.

That can be one of the main reason.

Jay_Alam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok I did some additional research into this as most expert aren't clear as to it's purpose. In the X Men movie, the helmet does serve the purpose of blocking Professor Xavier's mind probes, but in the X Men (Earth 616) comic, it's shown that Magneto does not need the helmet to ward off psychic mind probes. Some other theories then suggest that the helmet is made from the same materials as cerebro as to allow him to block this more extreme mind probe which does make some sense. I needed to make some research cause this actually wasn't making sense. So it DOES block telephaty. I believe Magneto at the height of his powers, is an Omega mutant.

Jay_Alam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_alam said:

Confounded indeed.

Hi. I'm sorry I didn't see this. Just saw a 2 in my notifications. I'm new so I need to learn more about this website.

Yes... Very confounded. I'm surprised no one mentioned about Pyro. While the movie does not explicitly state Pyro's classification, Callisto says that the only people in the anti-cure mutant meeting with a classification higher than class 3 was Magneto and Pyro. Later in the movie, Callisto says that Jean Gray is the only Class 5 mutant she can sense and therefore that puts Magneto and Pyro under Class 4. Interestingly, Pyro and Magneto are considered alpha mutants in the Greek classification which essentially supports the theory that a class 5 mutant is equivalent to an omega level mutant and a class 4 mutant is equivalent to an alpha level mutant. Sad because Magneto is an omega and can't be labeled in the same league as Pyro. Impossible.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Viperians

@wonkka said:

@psy_chrometer said:

Ay dios mio.

That can be one of the main reason.

No Caption Provided

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_alam said:

@moonlighterstone said:

@jay_alam said:

Confounded indeed.

Hi. I'm sorry I didn't see this. Just saw a 2 in my notifications. I'm new so I need to learn more about this website.

Yes... Very confounded. I'm surprised no one mentioned about Pyro. While the movie does not explicitly state Pyro's classification, Callisto says that the only people in the anti-cure mutant meeting with a classification higher than class 3 was Magneto and Pyro. Later in the movie, Callisto says that Jean Gray is the only Class 5 mutant she can sense and therefore that puts Magneto and Pyro under Class 4. Interestingly, Pyro and Magneto are considered alpha mutants in the Greek classification which essentially supports the theory that a class 5 mutant is equivalent to an omega level mutant and a class 4 mutant is equivalent to an alpha level mutant. Sad because Magneto is an omega and can't be labeled in the same league as Pyro. Impossible.

Alpha and Omega are the two highest. Magneto is more powerful than Pyro.

Jay_Alam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_alam said:

@moonlighterstone said:

@jay_alam said:

Confounded indeed.

Alpha and Omega are the two highest. Magneto is more powerful than Pyro.

Hi. Sorry I didn't see this.

yes I understand. That's why I say it's not possible for Pyro to be in the same league as Magneto.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O.K people...have patience that I will post scans of the EoD as soon as I find them. Haven't got a chance to, but I will. Hopefully by tomorrow I can post them.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was meggan an official omega?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was meggan an official omega?

No, the only official omegas I know of are Jean, Bobby, Franklin, Nate, Rachel, Legion, Elixir, Mr. M, Quire, Vulcan and Hope. Power levels and feats don't make you an omega, and since the Shi'ar can scan for them it's safe to say it's a genetic marker. It was up in the air for years if Meggan was even a mutant and not just some kind of fairy hybrid, they finally made her a total mutant, but in the past that was not always the case.

Jay_Alam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I thought Meggan was an omega. It's true not everyone is an omega, but I thought she was including Magneto.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_alam: ya on paper he seems to be an omega but we only consider someone an omega if it is stated on-panel that they are. Like Lord said, i believe power levels and feats dont make someone an omega :)

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By Viperians
    No Caption Provided

This don't look omega to you guys?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This don't look omega to you guys?

No

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperians: Yes!

@cutter: Well I can't wait for U to. I'm losing my patient already lol (j/k).

@jay_alam: Hi and welcome. I remember those lines in X3 and couldn't understand the meaning of this classification between Pyro and Magneto. This was so absurd and to even know that X3 was the worst movie of them all, the classifications was stated wrong... everything was wrong. Of course Magneto is powerful then Pyro.

@wonkka: And why U can't post those scans? Cuz U don't know if this actually happen (unless U already feels stupid). Otherwise, post them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperians: doesn't matter whether it looks omega or not, if its not states on panel we don't consider it omega. There was that girl early on the series that could destroy the planet with her EM controlling powers or something like that but it doesnt make her an OLM

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is so cool. I like Magneto and I don't "think", I believes he is a omega there is no question whether on papers or panels. He is an extreme powerful and can take down few omega. Also, if you can destroy the planet, this is some omega level feats and not powerful feats. it wouldn't make sense. Would it? Magneto is a omega. Long live the king of mutants. Hurrrrraaaayyyyy! I'm so happy I'm here.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azalae said:

This thread is so cool. I like Magneto and I don't "think", I believes he is a omega there is no question whether on papers or panels. He is an extreme powerful and can take down few omega. Also, if you can destroy the planet, this is some omega level feats and not powerful feats. it wouldn't make sense. Would it? Magneto is a omega. Long live the king of mutants. Hurrrrraaaayyyyy! I'm so happy I'm here.

Magneto is not an omega level mutant genetically, he is a powerful mutant but powerful does not mean omega!

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azalae said:

Magneto is not an omega level mutant genetically, he is a powerful mutant but powerful does not mean omega!

Yes... keeps saying that 2 UR self :)

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azalae said:

I see. I have to admit that even though he's not omega, i'm just happy to know he's powerful enough to stand against his enemies. Do you likes Magneto? Who is your fave character? Mine is Wolverine and Magneto.

Jay_Alam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone: Thanks. Well, I actually like her in all her movies. Notwithstanding the evidence of how bad x3 was. I agree, the classification theme was so deluded.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azalae said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@azalae said:

I see. I have to admit that even though he's not omega, i'm just happy to know he's powerful enough to stand against his enemies. Do you likes Magneto? Who is your fave character? Mine is Wolverine and Magneto.

Jean Grey and Magik are my personal favorites.

@lordofallhumans said:

@azalae said:

Yes... keeps saying that 2 UR self :)

ok

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, I just did some analysis and for some reason there are website where it's stated he is, but then in other website it's stated he's not. This is confusing. Either way he's powerful. Right?

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Viperians

@viperians: doesn't matter whether it looks omega or not, if its not states on panel we don't consider it omega. There was that girl early on the series that could destroy the planet with her EM controlling powers or something like that but it doesnt make her an OLM

No Caption Provided

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally found the EoD books. Oh how excited I am to post them. I will do that in a little bit...still doing something...but for sure I got it...yaaaayyyy.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: @martinceld

An Illusion is a perception of a thing or quality that has no physical counterpart. Is a persistent false belief. I Can only imagine that if Jean had him warped then, why didn't she just shut down his mind and end the conflicts (It's why I think she didn't). I thought it would've been better then just having all the team fighting Magneto. Isn't easier that way? I'm just saying Illusion can be causes by Images as well. It doesn't always has to be "mind controlling"

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

An Illusion is a perception of a thing or quality that has no physical counterpart. Is a persistent false belief. I Can only imagine that if Jean had him warped then, why didn't she just shut down his mind and end the conflicts (It's why I think she didn't). I thought it would've been better then just having all the team fighting Magneto. Isn't easier that way? I'm just saying Illusion can be causes by Images as well. It doesn't always has to be "mind controlling"

But Jean is a telepath so the only way she can create illusions is through controlling a persons mind to believe a false reality is true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tbh I personally am boggled by this. Jean is a telepath so really, the ONLY WAY she can make him see illusions is by affecting his mind so i say it without a doubt jean affected magneto's mind. Why didn't she just shut him down then? I don't know. Perhaps she could only get enough of a grasp or entry into his mind to make him believe those illusions and not enough to fully take him out

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightblaze said:

tbh I personally am boggled by this. Jean is a telepath so really, the ONLY WAY she can make him see illusions is by affecting his mind so i say it without a doubt jean affected magneto's mind. Why didn't she just shut him down then? I don't know. Perhaps she could only get enough of a grasp or entry into his mind to make him believe those illusions and not enough to fully take him out

She didn't shut him down because they had to make sure Xavier was safe first, remember they infiltrated his country and he was surrounded by basically an entire country of mutants that were loyal to him, last we checked the number of mutants on Genosha was around 16 million, better to make sure the reason you came their can safely escape before you brain fry the leader of country in front of his super powered citizens.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna print and post some panels in a lil bit.

mad_max17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid omega is the best telepath(in the future)

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is the best at magnetism (in the future, past, and even present lol).

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter what people say about Magneto. We ALL know he is omega. He is the S&%T and is the FACT.

mad_max17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba: you are right, but he is not omega-level (in the future, past, and even present lol)

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_alam said:

@moonlighterstone: Thanks. Well, I actually like her in all her movies. Notwithstanding the evidence of how bad x3 was. I agree, the classification theme was so deluded.

Yes very. at lease DOFP filled some holes to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.