Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Omega-Level

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lordofallhumans:

X-Men 3 (albeit the movie may not be entirely canon) showed her as being around 10x more powerful than the two of them. However there have also been times where Magneto has taken her down (Green Phoenix form).

What do you think?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Obvious failed troll is obvious. Go read some comics!

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Excuse me? You're calling me a troll for saying what I believe while you saying what you believe? Well that is not fair. Well what does that make you?

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

@lordofallhumans: Excuse me? You're calling me a troll for saying what I believe while you saying what you believe? Well that is not fair. Well what does that make you?

It makes me confused as I clearly made a list of things and I have no idea which applies to you.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: And you? Haven't you failed being one? I'm sure you don't even know me and the conversation I had was all passed. Nothing I said was a failure. Everything is true. Just don't like to admit something that it's been right on ya faces. And by calling troll to someone doesn't make you look like an angel.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well .. i'm going to peek in here every now and then because Roddy's verbal smackdown is going to be the hottest thing on Comic Vine in 2014..

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba: I'm not the one blatantly using incidents out of context to support a flawed argument but that's none of my business.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

While it’s debatable whether this was actually Magneto, Magneto invades the school disguised as a mutant, Xorn, who Cyclops let in. Magneto reveals himself and destroys New York. Magneto kills Jean Grey with an electromagnetic pulse that gives her a massive stroke. And Wolverine beheads Magneto. Face it that he killed her. It's right on panels and too bad that this is what it was. FACE IT how many times has Jean Grey Died?

First of all it wasn't a fight. It was a sucker punch attack and the phoenix already told her she was not long for the world because she needed to take care of phoenix business so she really had to die. But if you really want to play it that way then here we go, as you said wolverine beheads magneto. Wolverine killed magneto ergo wolverine>magneto by your logic. genius logic ftw

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@roddy010 said:

@shebba: I'm not the one blatantly using incidents out of context to support a flawed argument but that's none of my business.....

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

Whether it be his helmet, his will or the EM spectrum Magneto still has a defense for psionics. I made a point to point out his helmet since that his most well known line of defense. Either way those are two instances of Jean overcoming his defenses and making someone telepathically believe something for an entire issue is a mind f%#k to me. Just because she didn't chose a more lethal approach doesn't mean she isn't capable besides her tk should be more than enough to handle Mags.

Yeah, especially when it was Xavier who shuts Magneto's access to his powers, and not Jean. All things you say she should be capable of doing is not backed up by continuity though, at least not against him.

@shebba said:

Magneto DID kill Jean with a magnetic stroke (don't give me that Xorn ****).

The question is, are you one of those Xorn deniers?

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Let me guess... U must be a Roddy's fan. It is b-cuz she or he called people a troll (just like lordofallbull) or is b-cuz U agree with this.

@roddy010: "I'm not the one blatantly using incidents out of context to support a flawed argument"

I'm sry, but these are not incidents out of context. These are facts. What this poor person said about Magneto (Xorn) was true. The list that this person listed was true as U can see I posted below U. There was nothing this person posted was a failure or wrong cuz it was all correct with issues numba and date and years. This was a perfect examples for those who think they know better.

@martinceld: Firstly SHEBBA never stated that it was a fight, but that "Magneto kills Jean Grey with an electromagnetic pulse that gives her a massive stroke." I think U miss read or something, but anyway, who cares. The point is that he did killed her... period.

@lordofallhumans: And as for you... this.

1. Dies Piloting a Crashing Space Shuttle Uncanny X-Men #101 (October 1976)

This is the first, brief death of Jean Grey. In order to help the X-Men escape the Starcore space station, Jean pilots a space shuttle through lethal radiation from a solar flare, attempting to use her powers to shield her. After the shuttle crashes in the bay, Jean emerges, now exhibiting the powers appearance of “Phoenix.”

It would later be explained that Jean was actually saved by the Phoenix force, who placed her in a stasis pod underwater and, using a psychic link, assumed her life. It’s debatable whether there was any actual death here, but future instances of Jean’s Phoenix manifestation have required her to die first, so I’m get to say that’s retroactive confirmation that if she hadn’t died, she wouldn’t have become Phoenix.

2. Commits Suicide on the Moon Uncanny X-Men #137 (September 1980)

Following the corruption of Phoenix into the Dark Phoenix, and her subsequent destruction of an inhabited star system, Jean was placed on trial by the Shi’ar for the murders she committed in the guise of Phoenix. During their attempts to win Jean’s life in a trial by combat, Phoenix re-emerges and Jean, wanting to take responsibility for the deaths she helped cause, uses her powers to activate Shi’ar weapons and vapourise herself.

Of course, this is actually a Phoenix-created duplicate of Jean who dies, but it was considered to be her at the time so I’m going to count it. It was later explained that Jean’s psychic link with the Phoenix was what caused her to sacrifice herself.

3. Erased from existence by Thanos Infinity Gauntlet #1 (July 1991)

The real, undisputed Jean eventually returned, alive, in 1986′s Fantastic Four #286. It was a mere 5 years until the next time Jean bit the dust, though this was a brief one. After acquiring the complete power of the Infinity Gems, Thanos erases half of all life in the Universe to impress Death. Luckily, everyone gets restored later on.

Jean was one of the super-heroes that got blinked out of existence, as confirmed by her “missing” status in Infinity Gauntlet #2. It wasn’t necessarily intended to be permanent, but given that it did happen it inarguably makes the list.

4. Killed by Fitzroy’s Sentinels Uncanny X-Men #281 (October 1991)

During an attack on the Hellfire Club, Trevor Fitzroy’s Sentinels kill the Hellions and Jean Grey – luckily, she had transferred her mind into Emma Frost before they delivered the final blow – the Sentinels declare their target dead at the scene.

Jean was eventually transferred back into her own body by Xavier a few issues later, though the question of how, exactly, you can transfer a living mind into a dead body was glossed over somewhat. Still, her body was braindead, if nothing else, and that’s what I call a technical death.

5. Age of Apocalypse Jean murdered by Havok X-Men: Omega (June 1995)

I don’t want to start getting picky about alternate universes, but as we’re aware, this was no mere “What If?” story – the Marvel Universe timeline genuinely was altered, and as a result, Jean had the opportunity to die all over again. After hooking up with Cyclops, the AOA Jean was murdered by Havok in the closing pages of X-Men Omega in a revenge attack on his favoured brother.

Shortly afterwards, Wolverine killed Havok, Magneto killed Apocalypse and then the Human High Council’s atomic bombs destroyed most of America before the timeline was repaired – or so it seemed at the time, because there was a much worse miniseries much later on that revealed a bunch of new stuff after that scene. Let’s not talk about it.

6. Stabbed by Wolverine on remains of Asteroid M,New X-Men #148 (October 2003)

After Magneto infiltrated the X-Men under the guise of Xorn (yes, that’s what happened, please ignore any Xorn material not written by Grant Morrison) he managed to trap Wolverine and Phoenix on the remains of Asteroid M. When his deception came to light, he plunged the asteroid into the sun.

Wolverine, trying to spare Jean the suffering of being burnt alive, stabbed her with his claws right through her gut and spine. Not a particularly clean kill, to be honest. Jean’s death awakened her Phoenix powers, and she was able to fly them both back to Earth to help confront Magneto…

7. Murdered by “Xorn” (Magneto) New X-Men #150 (December 2003)

…which, unfortunately, did not end well for Jean. While it’s debatable whether this was actually Magneto, thanks to some increasingly screwed-up editorial wrangling which was supposed to “clear up” Morrison’s already clear plot about Magneto inventing “Xorn” to get into the X-Men, we do know that whoever it was, they did manage to kill Jean with a magnetic pulse that gave her a planetary stroke.

This death lasted a solid 150 years before she returned, corrupted and under the control of Sublime, but eventually broke free and altered the timeline so that the future seen in the New X-Men arc “Here Comes Tomorrow” never happened.

8-13. Fatally stabbed SIX SEPERATE TIMES by Wolverine Phoenix: Endsong #3 (April 2005)

When a wounded part of the Phoenix force makes it way to earth, it brings Jean back to life to help heal itself. Feeling the Phoenix power taking control, she asks Wolverine to repeatedly kill her to weaken the Phoenix. He attempts to do so, disembowelling her no less than 6 times – including four on one page. Each time, the Phoenix is able to help resurrect Jean almost immediately, but the entity is weakened enough for Jean to wrest back her faculties.

These are some seriously rapid-fire deaths, and the montage shown may even represent more than what I’ve counted. Still, they’re all valid – dead is dead, after all!

14. Submerges herself in glacier Phoenix: Endsong #3 (April 2005)

This death is fairly unspectacular, as Jean submerges herself in a glacier, partly mirroring her final resting place in the then-recent X2: X-Men United. Even this fails to hold her, though, and she comes back once again. In Phoenix: Endsong #5, Jean decides that she’s not yet ready to come back to life, instead returning to the “White Hot Room” which is apparently where Phoenixes go to gestate, or something. It’s not entirely clear. She doesn’t seem to die at the end of that series, though, and disappears into another plane of existence leaving no corpse, so that’s it – she’s out there, somewhere.

Oh and there is more :0

While these don’t really count because they didn’t happen to Jean Grey in-continuity, these deaths do explain why people expect Jean to keep dying.

15-16. Jean dies in the future, X-Men: The End, book 3 #6

In this potential future (and remember, potential futures aren’t the same as alternate universes, kids!) Jean and Cyclops are killed by a mind-controlled Marvel Girl. Luckily Jean is brought back to life by Madelyne Pryor and she and all the other dead X-Men become one with the universe. I’m counting that as two deaths, despite how ridiculous it all sounds.

17-18. Movie deaths: X2: X-Men United and X-Men: The Last Stand

Movie Jean has, so far, died twice. First, at the end of X-Men 2 when she allowed the waters of Alkali Lake to crush/drown her after using her telekinesis to save the X-Men, and then at the end of X-Men 3 when, once again, Wolverine delivered the killing blow by stabbing her in the gut in order to stop the Phoenix from killing everyone.

19. John Grey dies of a (severe) headache, 1602-verse (1602 #7)

In Neil Gaiman’s “not an alternate universe” meta-fictional limited series, 1602, Jean posed as “John Grey” alongside the rest of the original X-Men as one of Carlos Javier’s “Witchbreed” students. Before dying. She suffered severe brain damage as a result of using her telekinesis to levitate the X-Men’s sea-faring vessel, and was cremated by the 1602 Johnny Storm, who witnessed a Phoenix firebird as the character was immolated.

20. Jean Grey explodes in Wolverine & the X-Men, episode 1

The start of the new X-Men cartoon series begins with the X-Men’s psychics – Professor Xavier and Jean Grey – coming under attack from an as-yet-unrevealed assailant. After an explosion, Xavier is left in a coma and awakens only in the far future, but Jean? She disappears altogether, presumed dead by all that know her. Even Cerebro can’t find her. While I don’t believe for a second that she’s gone for good, the question is, is she “dead” enough to count on this list. Well, yes. Yes she is.

It makes me confused as I clearly made a list of things and I have no idea which applies to you.

And you are talking about the phoenix, the phoenix is a cosmic entity, it´s a little bit unfair, I would like to see Jean Grey or Rachel Summers , defeating Magneto without the Phoenix force, they wouldn't. And why do you think that in comics Magneto is most of the times tired, and with problems due to the highly addictive powers of Fabian Cortez, because if Magnus was at full power, the stories wouldn't BE funny because he would beat the living crap of his enemies. And just one more thing who can have sex with rogue? yes indeed Magneto can he puts some kind of magnetism field trough his body protecting him from Rogue´s powers, isn't that something?

Oh and sorry, but it would never happen, you probably think that magneto can only control metal, that is wrong, read about him in one of the links I put in the beginning of the post and then you will understand. This sounds like its turning into a Jean vs Magneto thread...It has already been demonstrated that Magneto would have a better chance against Jean. Phoenix don't count cuz like I say is an alien and Jean without the alien ain't nothing (No wonder why writers kept her dead for a period long time). Jean sans PF isn't all that impressive.

And no Jean didn't had access to his mind. So, while it was cool that he turned dazzler's attack back on her, it became somewhat unbelievable when it turned out that her "death" was merely a visual illusion. The visual light while limiting his second sight was causes by Dazzler and Jean just make it look more real in Magnetos EYES. Have you even read the issue you're invoking? no outside help or influences? Basically none of the x-men have beaten Magneto one-on-one so the logical thing is to talk about who came close.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Let me guess... U must be a Roddy's fan. It is b-cuz she or he called people a troll (just like lordofallbull) or is b-cuz U agree with this.

@roddy010: "I'm not the one blatantly using incidents out of context to support a flawed argument"

I'm sry, but these are not incidents out of context. These are facts. What this poor person said about Magneto (Xorn) was true. The list that this person listed was true as U can see I posted below U. There was nothing this person posted was a failure or wrong cuz it was all correct with issues numba and date and years. This was a perfect examples for those who think they know better.

@martinceld: Firstly SHEBBA never stated that it was a fight, but that "Magneto kills Jean Grey with an electromagnetic pulse that gives her a massive stroke." I think U miss read or something, but anyway, who cares. The point is that he did killed her... period.

@lordofallhumans: And as for you... this.

1. Dies Piloting a Crashing Space Shuttle Uncanny X-Men #101 (October 1976)

This is the first, brief death of Jean Grey. In order to help the X-Men escape the Starcore space station, Jean pilots a space shuttle through lethal radiation from a solar flare, attempting to use her powers to shield her. After the shuttle crashes in the bay, Jean emerges, now exhibiting the powers appearance of “Phoenix.”

It would later be explained that Jean was actually saved by the Phoenix force, who placed her in a stasis pod underwater and, using a psychic link, assumed her life. It’s debatable whether there was any actual death here, but future instances of Jean’s Phoenix manifestation have required her to die first, so I’m get to say that’s retroactive confirmation that if she hadn’t died, she wouldn’t have become Phoenix.

2. Commits Suicide on the Moon Uncanny X-Men #137 (September 1980)

Following the corruption of Phoenix into the Dark Phoenix, and her subsequent destruction of an inhabited star system, Jean was placed on trial by the Shi’ar for the murders she committed in the guise of Phoenix. During their attempts to win Jean’s life in a trial by combat, Phoenix re-emerges and Jean, wanting to take responsibility for the deaths she helped cause, uses her powers to activate Shi’ar weapons and vapourise herself.

Of course, this is actually a Phoenix-created duplicate of Jean who dies, but it was considered to be her at the time so I’m going to count it. It was later explained that Jean’s psychic link with the Phoenix was what caused her to sacrifice herself.

3. Erased from existence by Thanos Infinity Gauntlet #1 (July 1991)

The real, undisputed Jean eventually returned, alive, in 1986′s Fantastic Four #286. It was a mere 5 years until the next time Jean bit the dust, though this was a brief one. After acquiring the complete power of the Infinity Gems, Thanos erases half of all life in the Universe to impress Death. Luckily, everyone gets restored later on.

Jean was one of the super-heroes that got blinked out of existence, as confirmed by her “missing” status in Infinity Gauntlet #2. It wasn’t necessarily intended to be permanent, but given that it did happen it inarguably makes the list.

4. Killed by Fitzroy’s Sentinels Uncanny X-Men #281 (October 1991)

During an attack on the Hellfire Club, Trevor Fitzroy’s Sentinels kill the Hellions and Jean Grey – luckily, she had transferred her mind into Emma Frost before they delivered the final blow – the Sentinels declare their target dead at the scene.

Jean was eventually transferred back into her own body by Xavier a few issues later, though the question of how, exactly, you can transfer a living mind into a dead body was glossed over somewhat. Still, her body was braindead, if nothing else, and that’s what I call a technical death.

5. Age of Apocalypse Jean murdered by Havok X-Men: Omega (June 1995)

I don’t want to start getting picky about alternate universes, but as we’re aware, this was no mere “What If?” story – the Marvel Universe timeline genuinely was altered, and as a result, Jean had the opportunity to die all over again. After hooking up with Cyclops, the AOA Jean was murdered by Havok in the closing pages of X-Men Omega in a revenge attack on his favoured brother.

Shortly afterwards, Wolverine killed Havok, Magneto killed Apocalypse and then the Human High Council’s atomic bombs destroyed most of America before the timeline was repaired – or so it seemed at the time, because there was a much worse miniseries much later on that revealed a bunch of new stuff after that scene. Let’s not talk about it.

6. Stabbed by Wolverine on remains of Asteroid M,New X-Men #148 (October 2003)

After Magneto infiltrated the X-Men under the guise of Xorn (yes, that’s what happened, please ignore any Xorn material not written by Grant Morrison) he managed to trap Wolverine and Phoenix on the remains of Asteroid M. When his deception came to light, he plunged the asteroid into the sun.

Wolverine, trying to spare Jean the suffering of being burnt alive, stabbed her with his claws right through her gut and spine. Not a particularly clean kill, to be honest. Jean’s death awakened her Phoenix powers, and she was able to fly them both back to Earth to help confront Magneto…

7. Murdered by “Xorn” (Magneto) New X-Men #150 (December 2003)

…which, unfortunately, did not end well for Jean. While it’s debatable whether this was actually Magneto, thanks to some increasingly screwed-up editorial wrangling which was supposed to “clear up” Morrison’s already clear plot about Magneto inventing “Xorn” to get into the X-Men, we do know that whoever it was, they did manage to kill Jean with a magnetic pulse that gave her a planetary stroke.

This death lasted a solid 150 years before she returned, corrupted and under the control of Sublime, but eventually broke free and altered the timeline so that the future seen in the New X-Men arc “Here Comes Tomorrow” never happened.

8-13. Fatally stabbed SIX SEPERATE TIMES by Wolverine Phoenix: Endsong #3 (April 2005)

When a wounded part of the Phoenix force makes it way to earth, it brings Jean back to life to help heal itself. Feeling the Phoenix power taking control, she asks Wolverine to repeatedly kill her to weaken the Phoenix. He attempts to do so, disembowelling her no less than 6 times – including four on one page. Each time, the Phoenix is able to help resurrect Jean almost immediately, but the entity is weakened enough for Jean to wrest back her faculties.

These are some seriously rapid-fire deaths, and the montage shown may even represent more than what I’ve counted. Still, they’re all valid – dead is dead, after all!

14. Submerges herself in glacier Phoenix: Endsong #3 (April 2005)

This death is fairly unspectacular, as Jean submerges herself in a glacier, partly mirroring her final resting place in the then-recent X2: X-Men United. Even this fails to hold her, though, and she comes back once again. In Phoenix: Endsong #5, Jean decides that she’s not yet ready to come back to life, instead returning to the “White Hot Room” which is apparently where Phoenixes go to gestate, or something. It’s not entirely clear. She doesn’t seem to die at the end of that series, though, and disappears into another plane of existence leaving no corpse, so that’s it – she’s out there, somewhere.

Oh and there is more :0

While these don’t really count because they didn’t happen to Jean Grey in-continuity, these deaths do explain why people expect Jean to keep dying.

15-16. Jean dies in the future, X-Men: The End, book 3 #6

In this potential future (and remember, potential futures aren’t the same as alternate universes, kids!) Jean and Cyclops are killed by a mind-controlled Marvel Girl. Luckily Jean is brought back to life by Madelyne Pryor and she and all the other dead X-Men become one with the universe. I’m counting that as two deaths, despite how ridiculous it all sounds.

17-18. Movie deaths: X2: X-Men United and X-Men: The Last Stand

Movie Jean has, so far, died twice. First, at the end of X-Men 2 when she allowed the waters of Alkali Lake to crush/drown her after using her telekinesis to save the X-Men, and then at the end of X-Men 3 when, once again, Wolverine delivered the killing blow by stabbing her in the gut in order to stop the Phoenix from killing everyone.

19. John Grey dies of a (severe) headache, 1602-verse (1602 #7)

In Neil Gaiman’s “not an alternate universe” meta-fictional limited series, 1602, Jean posed as “John Grey” alongside the rest of the original X-Men as one of Carlos Javier’s “Witchbreed” students. Before dying. She suffered severe brain damage as a result of using her telekinesis to levitate the X-Men’s sea-faring vessel, and was cremated by the 1602 Johnny Storm, who witnessed a Phoenix firebird as the character was immolated.

20. Jean Grey explodes in Wolverine & the X-Men, episode 1

The start of the new X-Men cartoon series begins with the X-Men’s psychics – Professor Xavier and Jean Grey – coming under attack from an as-yet-unrevealed assailant. After an explosion, Xavier is left in a coma and awakens only in the far future, but Jean? She disappears altogether, presumed dead by all that know her. Even Cerebro can’t find her. While I don’t believe for a second that she’s gone for good, the question is, is she “dead” enough to count on this list. Well, yes. Yes she is.

And you are talking about the phoenix, the phoenix is a cosmic entity, it´s a little bit unfair, I would like to see Jean Grey or Rachel Summers , defeating Magneto without the Phoenix force, they wouldn't. And why do you think that in comics Magneto is most of the times tired, and with problems due to the highly addictive powers of Fabian Cortez, because if Magnus was at full power, the stories wouldn't BE funny because he would beat the living crap of his enemies. And just one more thing who can have sex with rogue? yes indeed Magneto can he puts some kind of magnetism field trough his body protecting him from Rogue´s powers, isn't that something?

Oh and sorry, but it would never happen, you probably think that magneto can only control metal, that is wrong, read about him in one of the links I put in the beginning of the post and then you will understand. This sounds like its turning into a Jean vs Magneto thread...It has already been demonstrated that Magneto would have a better chance against Jean. Phoenix don't count cuz like I say is an alien and Jean without the alien ain't nothing (No wonder why writers kept her dead for a period long time). Jean sans PF isn't all that impressive.

And no Jean didn't had access to his mind. So, while it was cool that he turned dazzler's attack back on her, it became somewhat unbelievable when it turned out that her "death" was merely a visual illusion. The visual light while limiting his second sight was causes by Dazzler and Jean just make it look more real in Magnetos EYES. Have you even read the issue you're invoking? no outside help or influences? Basically none of the x-men have beaten Magneto one-on-one so the logical thing is to talk about who came close.

and as for you this ridiculous out of context list of "deaths" was already dealt with in a previous post, two deaths at most happened and non-616 versions of Jean dying do not count when we are talking about 616 Jean. All the rest of that crap you posted you can save for somebody else, I'm well aware of what Magneto can and cannot do, and he cannot block Jeans telepathy as shown in Genosha, Dazzler even says Jean made him believe she was dead, Jean is a telepath, meaning she hacked him mind and made him think something that was not true. Dazzler only used illusions to impersonate Xavier, Jean made him think he killed Dazzler by creating a telepathic illusion which can only happen when a telepath enters your mind and manipulates it into seeing things that are not real. I was going to say you were as ignorant as the other people in this thread about how telepathy works but I'm starting to think you are all the same person.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: "I was going to say you were as ignorant as the other people in this thread about how telepathy works but I'm starting to think you are all the same person."

I would apply this to U as well (OR I'm I the only one who likes Magneto?) And calling people ignorant doesn't make U Intelligent. U have ur opinion as I have mine as many other have theirs. The fact that Jean died many time and poor Jean who writers keep killing off. This R not ridiculous out of context and pleeease don't tell me U R still with these illusions about Jean. U think U R correct on everything which in fact U R Nots. Sry I have to correct U on some things. And calling ppl a Troll was the reason I stepped up cuz that's not RIGHT. Poor SHEBBA as U can C she was talking to @adamtrim and U seem to attacks right away to people who actually like Magneto. If U don't like or think Magneto potential R enough for him to beat UR Jean Then... that's ur opinion.

And I kind of hope U'R a troll because ur comments R so bad, like intentionally bad just to get a rise out of people.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@lordofallhumans: "I was going to say you were as ignorant as the other people in this thread about how telepathy works but I'm starting to think you are all the same person."

I would apply this to U as well (OR I'm I the only one who likes Magneto?) And calling people ignorant doesn't make U Intelligent. U have ur opinion as I have mine as many other have theirs. The fact that Jean died many time and poor Jean who writers keep killing off. This R not ridiculous out of context and pleeease don't tell me U R still with these illusions about Jean. U think U R correct on everything which in fact U R Nots. Sry I have to correct U on some things. And calling ppl a Troll was the reason I stepped up cuz that's not RIGHT. Poor SHEBBA as U can C she was talking to @adamtrim and U seem to attacks right away to people who actually like Magneto. If U don't like or think Magneto potential R enough for him to beat UR Jean Then... that's ur opinion.

And I kind of hope U'R a troll because ur comments R so bad, like intentionally bad just to get a rise out of people.

I'm not here to defend my intelligence or my right to call an ignorant person ignorant. You lack knowledge on one of the most popular powers in fiction and when told how it works you apply mechanics from a totally different power to refute said power, that sir is being ignorant. See that is the problem, you have opinions and when given facts from issues and even scans provided by people arguing your point, but too ignorant to see that are building a case against their own point, you still give more opinions and an out of context list provided by somebody that was making a joke of all the times Jean died, even though hardly anything on that list was an actual death. A list by the way that had nothing to do with the conversation I was having and was randomly pulled out in an attempt to deflect from the willful ignorance that this thread has become. You haven't corrected anything, you have only shown a blatant lack of knowledge on the subject of telepathy and how it works, when even a child would know that a power that can only be used on the mind must access the mind in order for it to be used, yet you still argue about visual illusions created by a light manipulator being the same thing as illusions created solely in the mind of the telepaths target. I didn't call anybody a troll, I wanted to if I was dealing with one so I could stop engaging in this senseless debate. Correcting people that are wrong about something is not an attack, or trying to rewrite what happened in the comics to fit some Magneto fetish would be considered one too.

The difference between you and I, is you admit to only having an opinion, when faced with facts an opinion doesn't mean much. The fact is Jean is a telepath, the fact is Jean made Magneto think he killed Allison by turning her attack back on her, the fact is Allison stated on panel that she was only using her powers to create an illusion of Xavier and that Jean is the one that made Magneto think he killed Allison which means Jean created the first illusion, telepathically, because at the time that was the only power she had. Telepathy is mind to mind, the only way for a telepath to use telepathy on a person is by first entering their mind, that simple and absolute fact seems to be flying over your head, all in an attempt to make Magneto impervious to everything known to mutant kind. Everything I have said thus far can be checked out as true, but what you are saying about the entire Genosha incident is basically just a lie wrapped in denial. If you and your imaginary friends don't like the way I respond to you, then you can simply not respond to, tag, or quote me anymore.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so if xorn is considered as magneto, shouldn't he be dead?

if magneto is alive, then it is not him who killed jean.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct!!

Xorn was never Magneto, they were gonna make him Magneto and decided not to, so when Xavier was taking "Magnetos"/Xorns body to Genosha we find out that Magneto has been there the whole time after the C.Nova sentinel attacks. Turns out some weird crap happened to prove that Wanda was manipulating reality before House of M and that is why Xorn thought he was Magneto. Then we find out Xorn has a twin brother and more nonsense ensues.

Point is Magneto did not kill Jean Grey, because he never left Genosha after it was attacked. It didn't make sense for Magneto to try to take over Manhattan anyway. He already had a sovereign nation for mutants, and it was already well known that humans did not attack Genosha, and I don't feel Magneto would even use kick considering he just had his Xgene repaired good as new and has several other ways to augment his powers as we've seen in the past.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By DarkDay

@adamtrmm said:

Apocalypse and Proteus are not Omegas btw.

I really stopped caring about the term, maybe it did mean something in the beginning, but so much has changed since I don't really think even the writers know what to do with that title besides entitling their pet characters lol

To me it has always been writer speak for... "Watch out for these guys, they can potentially be story breakers." Almost all of the confirmed Omegas are people that on a team can completely destroy all tension in a story, so yeah I just have always thought of it as such.

@macyordie said:

@moonlighterstone:

I heard that Dazzler was an Omega level? Not sure though, as I'm still new to the [real] X-Men (curse those movies).

She is. I could have sworn there was some line or another about her having limitless potential because there is no limit to the amount of energy she can create so long as there is sound available.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkday said:

@adamtrmm said:

I really stopped caring about the term, maybe it did mean something in the beginning, but so much has changed since I don't really think even the writers know what to do with that title besides entitling their pet characters lol

To me it has always been writer speak for... "Watch out for these guys, they can potentially be story breakers." Almost all of the confirmed Omegas are people that on a team can completely destroy all tension in a story, so yeah I just have always thought of it as such.

@macyordie said:

@moonlighterstone:

I heard that Dazzler was an Omega level? Not sure though, as I'm still new to the [real] X-Men (curse those movies).

She is. I could have sworn there was some line or another about her having limitless potential because there is no limit to the amount of energy she can create so long as there is sound available.

Did they use the workd Omega? or just say she had limitless potential, because Magneto has limitless potential but an omega he is not.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Well I'm sry if U feel this way. This apply to U either way.

@darkday said:

@adamtrmm said:

@macyordie said:

@moonlighterstone:

I C that everyone can B an Omaga except Magneto... yet with all these feats that Magneto done during the years, he's not consider an Omega.

I just don't know B-side Magneto who else could've killed Jean with an eletromagnetic pulse.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xorn might not be Magneto. Does that mean Xorn Jean might not b Jean. Totally a confusing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone: the thing is, it was proven on panel that Xorn was not magneto, while no such thing happened for Xorn jean, so yes Xorn is not magneto while Xorn Jean IS Jean unless they retcon it later on :)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By adamTRMM

@lordofallhumans:

Xorn was never Magneto, they were gonna make him Magneto and decided not to

Xorn's creator Morrison did intended for him to be Magneto, it's just his portrayal was so awful it was retconned.

so when Xavier was taking "Magnetos"/Xorns body to Genosha we find out that Magneto has been there the whole time after the C.Nova sentinel attacks.

That's the problem with the retcon, it was handled so poorly we were never given an actual explanation what happened to then crippled Magneto, maybe Claremont did intend it to be addressed in his Excalibur, but then HOM happened.

Turns out some weird crap happened to prove that Wanda was manipulating reality before House of M and that is why Xorn thought he was Magneto.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only HINT we were given, took place during the final showdown in HOM were Strange voiced the rumor that Magneto was seen puzzled, which means Wanda had something to do with this. Xorn wasn't even acknowledged there.

Point is Magneto did not kill Jean Grey, because he never left Genosha after it was attacked. It didn't make sense for Magneto to try to take over Manhattan anyway. He already had a sovereign nation for mutants, and it was already well known that humans did not attack Genosha, and I don't feel Magneto would even use kick considering he just had his Xgene repaired good as new and has several other ways to augment his powers as we've seen in the past.

*sigh* Morrison...

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone: the thing is, it was proven on panel that Xorn was not magneto, while no such thing happened for Xorn jean, so yes Xorn is not magneto while Xorn Jean IS Jean unless they retcon it later on :)

I C. I guess It depends on who is writing him. Grant Morrison's portrayal of Magneto was less than spectacular - he had to use the drug "Kick" to boost his powers such that he could perform feats that he did without effort in the second run of "X-Men." I do believe he released a global E.M.P. in the earlier issues.

At his full potential, he would be scary indeed.

Hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#174  Edited By Hassun

It's funny that people still talk about the omega level mutant thing. Marvel dropped the mutant classification system quite a while ago. Omega level mutants do not longer exist.

They switched it to "Omega level threat" or "Omega level [insert power here]". Neither of these are the same as the old classification system. Also back when the system still existed there where only a very small number of them. Magneto was never one of them either.

People often seem to be confused about the classification as well. It in no way means actual power output, only potential. Some of the most powerful mutants ever are not or I should say were never omega level mutants. E.g. Scarlet Witch.

All omega level mutant ever meant was "limitless potential". Iceman was an omega level mutant, despite only very rarely performing like it. Magneto never was.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was always under the assumption that magneto has demonstrated Gravity powers or at least had the potential to. Magnetisim is a powerful force and Mags is the Master! Let's just say he is near the top of the mutant food chain. This means that no matter how powerful his control over gravity, Magneto still controls the more powerful force. At the end of the day, the entire planet is a dipole magnet and Magneto is the "master of magnetism". I dont know why Jean is in this thread. Jean without Phoenix is pathetic, she is a non factor.

More like this: Nope. I like my version better :)

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purepower: Indeed. Magneto needs to turn his attention to outerspace and start controlling the magnetism of the universe. He is empowered by the very Earth and his body is a self generator. That makes him twice as deadly as his own power.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#179  Edited By Erik

@adamtrmm said:

@ageofhurricane:

During the 90s there was another instance I cannot really specify, also said by Xavier IIRC.

What, you thought I'm fanwanking over here without having the evidence? I thought I'd have a little of credit :(

It should be noted that Joseph used that "unlimited potential" and almost immediately died because of it. It was also stated that Magneto was losing the raw power fight (because he knows his limits and to exceed them is fatal) and only won his fight with Joseph because of his experience.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

It's funny that people still talk about the omega level mutant thing. Marvel dropped the mutant classification system quite a while ago. Omega level mutants do not longer exist.

They switched it to "Omega level threat" or "Omega level [insert power here]". Neither of these are the same as the old classification system. Also back when the system still existed there where only a very small number of them. Magneto was never one of them either.

People often seem to be confused about the classification as well. It in no way means actual power output, only potential. Some of the most powerful mutants ever are not or I should say were never omega level mutants. E.g. Scarlet Witch.

All omega level mutant ever meant was "limitless potential". Iceman was an omega level mutant, despite only very rarely performing like it. Magneto never was.

Saying someone is an omega level threat is not saying they are abandoning the omega level classification. Omega Mutants are not popping up because they are supposed to be rare. Hope was classified as an Omega Mutant and that wasn't that long ago at all.

Iceman has shown his true colors when he has needed to. The only reason why he doesn't normally is because he is afraid of his own power.

I agree that Magneto was never classified as an Omega Mutant.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always felt that Jean Grey Summers was the most powerful mutant with her skill and combination of telepathy and telekenesis.

But after seeing House of M, that title may go to the Scarlett Witch.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozon said:

I always felt that Jean Grey Summers was the most powerful mutant with her skill and combination of telepathy and telekenesis.

Well it does make sense (since is Magneto's daughter). I hope this won't turn into Jean vs Scarlet lol (J/K).

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozon said:

Well it does make sense (since is Magneto's daughter). I hope this won't turn into Jean vs Scarlet lol (J/K).

Lol. If it does, I didn't mean for this to happen.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By adamTRMM

@erik said:

It should be noted that Joseph used that "unlimited potential" and almost immediately died because of it. It was also stated that Magneto was losing the raw power fight (because he knows his limits and to exceed them is fatal) and only won his fight with Joseph because of his experience.

Yeah, but the reason for that was Joseph's young body of an identical, perfect clone of Magneto, with Magnus losing the power because of his age. It was stated if Magneto hadn't fought the restrain of EMS he absorbed, he would have become one with the EMSpectrum. Which is also angle we've never seen before. It contradicts the on panel evidence kinda.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@erik said:

Yeah, but the reason for that was Josedph's young body of am identical, perfect clone of Magneto, with Magnus losing the power because of his age. It was stated if Magneto hadn't fought the restrain of EMS he absorbed, he would have become on with the EMSpectrum. Which is also angle we've never seen before. It contradicts the on panel evidence kinda.

That's odd. I recall that they said that Joseph died because he didn't have the inherent mental blocks that Magneto had developed. So unrestricted use of the powers burned out his (Joseph's) body and he died.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Viperians
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

That's odd. I recall that they said that Joseph died because he didn't have the inherent mental blocks that Magneto had developed. So unrestricted use of the powers burned out his (Joseph's) body and he died.

Magneto's machine that he used as a generator to create Electromagnetic hurricane was damaged by Astra so when Joseph interfered Magneto was in the middle of sustaining those energies from being released into the Earth's magnetosphere, so if he would have released them he would "become living part of the EMStorm", now when X-men interrupted they removed him from the field of restraining these energies, yet it already affected him (his X-gene was damaged in the end), so Joseph was left to sustain those powers and the same explanation was applied on him as well, he could have embraced the energies to become one with the nature or either fight it and be damaged by them to save the magnetosphere, which he chose as a "noble hero and stuff". It was said these energies are too much for him to control, and that his organic matter started to decay. So I guess it was lack of knowing what exactly he's doing.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@erik said:

Magneto's machine that he used as a generator to create Electromagnetic hurricane was damaged by Astra so when Joseph interfered Magneto was in the middle of sustaining those energies from being released into the Earth's magnetosphere, so if he would have released them he would "become living part of the EMStorm", now when X-men interrupted they removed him from the field of restraining these energies, yet it already affected him (his X-gene was damaged in the end), so Joseph was left to sustain those powers and the same explanation was applied on him as well, he could have embraced the energies to become one with the nature or either fight it and be damaged by them to save the magnetosphere, which he chose as a "noble hero and stuff". It was said these energies are too much for him to control, and that his organic matter started to decay. So I guess it was lack of knowing what exactly he's doing.

Thanks for the information.

WonKka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperians: @shebba: @moonlighterstone: As much as I hate to break this down to you guys, but you guys are wrong. We understand the helmet is made specifically for blocking telephatics, but this is actually true. And Illusion is part of controlling your mind. Just look it up in the dictionary. I wish I can say otherwise, but it did happen.

@lordofallhumans: @roddy010: And you guys are absolutely right. Somehow Jean (Phoenix) did have some access to his mind. They took him by surprise. I can't explain this, but it's how Jean and Allison came up with the plan. For some reason I feel like something is not right with those writers. But hey, I like Dazzler as much as I like Jean and Magneto.

And for those who stated that Magneto is not an Omega, well, out of the respect that we all should have for this character, he should be.

I don't know how many times this has been posted here, but Magneto's actual power is to be able to generate and control magnetic fields, and manipulate existing fields. It turns out this can do a lot more than just bend metal. One of his most frequent tricks is an electromagnetic force shield, which can stop most projectiles, and well, most anything. Nuclear warheads have struck the field before, but Magneto is so powerful that he still emerges unscathed. Let's not forget that Magneto controls a force of nature. So, to answer the question, yes. Magneto is one of the most powerful people on the planet, but not the universe and not the only one. He might even be able to hold up against some cosmic beings, but that's a totally different type of power... less based on the reality of the X-Men world. He should be an Omega IMHO.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@xrs10 said:

There are several characters that I think could possibly fit into omega status but for me and this isn't just because I am a big fan, but I really think Storm needs that classification if she doesn't already have it, I say this based on something that happened in the comics yearrrrrs ago before the omega stuff came about.

Rogue Storm.

If Storm could learn to control that then she would be considered Omega surely. Plus she can see everything as energy, so you aren't telling me that she couldn't learn to control it enough to access those pieces of energy.

God I wish Emma would be chummy with Storm and go "I have kept this from you... you are an omega... Here is an unlock"

OMG could imagine?? I would die.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonkka: Agreed and excellent post. Electromagnetism is one of the strongest of the four fundemental forces of the universe. This ability gives him near infinite range so I can't understand why he hasn't been labeled as atleast an omega level threat. I guess its more to do with how taxing the extremes are to his physical body.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@wonkka: Agreed and excellent post. Electromagnetism is one of the strongest of the four fundemental forces of the universe. This ability gives him near infinite range so I can't understand why he hasn't been labeled as atleast an omega level threat. I guess its more to do with how taxing the extremes are to his physical body.

I'm too drunk to respond to the other things I will respond to later...his body being taxed is the only reason he will never be an a omega. An omega will transcend the body after it is taxed, Magneto needs machines to fix him if he pushes to far.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

I'm too drunk to respond to the other things I will respond to later...his body being taxed is the only reason he will never be an a omega. An omega will transcend the body after it is taxed, Magneto needs machines to fix him if he pushes to far.

Hahaha

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonkka: How polite, but R U serious? Let me guess... u'r new here, u respect Magneto, and yet u'r saying that I was wrong about the whole theory? I hope u'r not a scam.

"We understand the helmet is made specifically for blocking telephatics"

If U "understand" then U should know this should have never happened. This is a fact and is written all over the internet and in every wiki u can find. If so PLS post a scan.

Oh BTW, U don't need to explain what Illusion mean cuz I damn know well what the definition is. I was actually curious if u knew what it mean specifically.

"Somehow Jean (Phoenix) did have some access to his mind."

Really? Somehow? the question is HOW the hell she have access to Mags mind when "We understand the helmet is made specifically for blocking telephatics" This is a hoax and if u think so PLS post a scan.

"I can't explain this, but it's how Jean and Allison came up with the plan."

If U can't explain this (then how the hell I'm I suppose to explain this myself), then u don't know if this is what actually happened cuz no matter how powerful is a telephati, NO one can access his mind while wearing the helmet. If so PLS post a scan.

"For some reason I feel like something is not right with those writers."

If this is what ur saying, then yes, something is obviously wrong with every writer who trying to write down on Mags abilities. Unless u need to reread cuz u seem confused. Otherwise post a scan.

"And for those who stated that Magneto is not an Omega, well, out of the respect that we all should have for this character, he should be."

This is the only thing I agree with. The only positive I can understand. If u really have this kind of respect for ur magnus, then u should know that what I was saying was a fact (about the helmet). U have ur own entirely opinion as I have mine and u guys R lucky enough that I happened to trade that comic (cuz I couldn't find it last night), which is EVE OF DESTRUCTION I believe. And those of U who believe that this incident took place... post a scan.

Hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@erik: No they completely stopped mentioning anything related to the mutant classification system. This is most likely because it doesn't help anyone and can seem kind of racist/reductive too.

Alpha level mutants, beta level mutants, gamma level mutants, omega level mutants, none of it exists anymore. And that is a good thing.

The only thing "omega x" means now is a way for the writer to say "really powerful". It's a completely different meaning from the old classification. As far as I know the term "omega level mutant" hasn't appeared in comics for years now. Vulcan was probably the last one to be called that (if my memory serves me right).

So when someone calls Cable an omega level telekinetic it has nothing to do with being an omega level mutant.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

@erik: No they completely stopped mentioning anything related to the mutant classification system. This is most likely because it doesn't help anyone and can seem kind of racist/reductive too.

Alpha level mutants, beta level mutants, gamma level mutants, omega level mutants, none of it exists anymore. And that is a good thing.

The only thing "omega x" means now is a way for the writer to say "really powerful". It's a completely different meaning from the old classification. As far as I know the term "omega level mutant" hasn't appeared in comics for years now. Vulcan was probably the last one to be called that (if my memory serves me right).

So when someone calls Cable an omega level telekinetic it has nothing to do with being an omega level mutant.

So what? Superman stopped leaping buildings in a single bound. Does that mean he can't? There is absolutely no evidence that they have abandoned the classification system. Especially not when a mutant was recently classified as such. You are trying to say an absence of recent evidence is an evidence of absence. It's not and that's a terrible assumption to make. Where would this world be now if everyone assumed no findings meant there were no findings to be had?

There is no alpha, beta, gamma mutants. Those are fan-made classifications. They never existed.

You are assuming much. Once again, where was it stated that it doesn't mean the same thing that it used to?

Vulcan and Hope have been classified as Omega Mutants.

Even if you are right in that they don't use Omega Mutant classification anymore, you are wrong about Cable. He was classified long before your claims of classification abandonment took place. He is an Omega Mutant.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: " So when someone calls Cable an omega level telekinetic it has nothing to do with being an omega level mutant."

Then he should be calling a powerful telekinetic and not an omega level telekinetic mutant. C the different? Is two completely distinction.

Joker13CSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give Gambit his full powers and he is easily Omega Level.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Marvel doesn't label a mutant OMEGA LEVEL, then the mutant IS NOT OMEGA LEVEL.

It is just a CLICHE for writers to make it seem that a villain is more powerful than most of a mutant team combined. It is very interesting to see a team to take on a lone villain when in fact just a member of the mutant team can easily take down the said villain alone. This results to false justification of facts and inconsistencies in writing.

also, xorn jean is an alternative future of current teen jean.

Twinblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I come to realize this thread is really getting fascinating and entertaining lol.

Let me say a little from what I know about the helmet (from my experience and not as a fanboy). Yes, it blocks telepathy. Not sure where he got it though. I think he made it. I believe his helmet was shown to block telepathy in the X-Men cartoon. It was only after they removed his helmet was that Charles attacked him psychically. His helmet has been described as blocking telepathy in the comics before. I think he even mentions the Xorn helmet having the same property. Magneto has built circuitry into the inside of his helmet to allow him to simulate telepathic effects. He has also used it to communicate with others, and to even mentally control other minds. Even in the movie is suggested that Magneto's helmet does anything special, like block telepathy. Now.. if Jean had access to Magneto's mind, then, that something I don't know since I didn't read the story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.