Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Omega-Level

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Viperians

@the_titan_lord:

Can knock the planet off it's exist

Can can shutdown one's nervous system and brain function with focus EMP.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Can possibly shut down all electrical equipment.

No Caption Provided

Can use different types of energy through EM spectrum.

No Caption Provided

Can create Worm-holes

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Can create astral Project of his image

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Keeps his asteroid base in orbit.
    Keeps his asteroid base in orbit.
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Surrounded the planet with nukes.
    Surrounded the planet with nukes.

Can hinder the powers of telepaths by creating a EMP field.

No Caption Provided

Can reverse the polarity of people and objects cause people/objects to float up into air as if gravity were reversed (or Propel a person at high speed horizontally akin to a telekinetic blast).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Can endure Blackbolt screams. (Can't find this yet, but this happened when Magneto wanted to see his grand-daughter)

Can endure a nuclear explosion.

No Caption Provided

Can endure Thor's hammer (Though at one point, Thor could easily negate it) and Captain America shield.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Can endure attacks from superhumans such as She-Hulk
    Can endure attacks from superhumans such as She-Hulk

Can keep out teleporters

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Can shield himself from telepaths without a helmet.
    Can shield himself from telepaths without a helmet.

Can ward most non-metallic objects (this is obvious).

No Caption Provided
    Is empowered by freezing attacks (Storm trying to freeze him)
    Is empowered by freezing attacks (Storm trying to freeze him)

No Caption Provided
    Is or should be immune to electrical attacks (Via TAS)
    Is or should be immune to electrical attacks (Via TAS)

Can see and sense using EM spectrum.
    Can see and sense using EM spectrum.

So Tell Me, Do I Qualify?
    So Tell Me, Do I Qualify?

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Viperians

And this are for the one who think im not enough to be Omega. HaHaHaHa

No Caption Provided

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: If you say so. I know he has limits to his power, but he seem too powerful for his limitation.

X-Man is an Omega level mutant. Stryfe too. Cable should be as well but I think has only been called an omega level telekinetic on-panel

Cable an omega? How about Magneto and Cable have fought. Magneto handle Cable his a**. One clinch of his fists and cable was a mess of tangled wires.

Twinblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperians: LOL

Magneto can react to light speeds. Magneto can detect and drag a bullet 5 times the size of the empire state building all the way in another solar system and drag it to earth in minutes. Magneto hasn't been throwing metal for years. In his fight with Proteus (a high level reality warper made of energy) Magneto beat him by messing with Proteus true form himself. It's not like Magneto doesn't get stronger every time he's shown. He just owned a global level reality warper and (again) dragged a planet destroying bullet 5 times the size of the empire state building which was light years away moving at light speeds back to earth, while he was in a weakened state. I am not a fanboy, just posting proof on Magneto's feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

@adamtrmm: If you say so. I know he has limits to his power, but he seem too powerful for his limitation.

@martinceld said:

X-Man is an Omega level mutant. Stryfe too. Cable should be as well but I think has only been called an omega level telekinetic on-panel

Cable an omega? How about Magneto and Cable have fought. Magneto handle Cable his a**. One clinch of his fists and cable was a mess of tangled wires.

Well omega level telekinetic atleast

No Caption Provided

And so what if magneto beat him? Magneto beat iceman and jean a lot too before but it doesn't make them not omega level mutants. Have you not seen cable without the TO virus in providence?

And it also doesn't seem far fetched at all because rachel is an omega and so is nate

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

@martinceld said:

Well omega level telekinetic atleast

No Caption Provided

And so what if magneto beat him? Magneto beat iceman and jean a lot too before but it doesn't make them not omega level mutants. Have you not seen cable without the TO virus in providence?

And it also doesn't seem far fetched at all because rachel is an omega and so is nate

I asked because since I've been reading comics, I never saw Cable as an omega. Though I need to catch up a lot because I only had 12 years of experience in the comic world.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperians: Nice images, but can you put these images as an avatar size? they seem to be taking too much space. I see you are a fan big time. Not trying to be rude, but they ridiculously humongous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba: ya he never actually gets to do much using his powers coz of the TO virus. Its pretty much understood that cable would be at stryfe and nate's level if he didnt have the virus (although they might be more powerful coz of genetic manipulation stuff), but as for actual feats, the one vs silver surfer is the only one I know of :)

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Shebba

@shebba: ya he never actually gets to do much using his powers coz of the TO virus. Its pretty much understood that cable would be at stryfe and nate's level if he didnt have the virus (although they might be more powerful coz of genetic manipulation stuff), but as for actual feats, the one vs silver surfer is the only one I know of :)

Wow. If he can take up Silver Surfer by himself, then he must be really powerful because I heard he's one of the most powerful forces in the universe. I know Cable from the New Mutants until he renamed his team the X force, I believe. Stryfe being gone for quite sometime and I liked him when he was leading the Mutant Liberation Front. Cool Team. I follow tempo cause she was one of my favorites (beside Forearm). Then most of them died and Tempo remain alive and joined with the Acolytes. Then joined with the X men and that's when she died. Pity because she was very interesting while she was with the Acolytes.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Hotshotters

the one thing most people tend to forget is that "omega level" was coined by grant morisson (in recent years). that being said alpha mutants have always been the most powerful mutants in the marvel universe. So what grant has essentially done is turn all alpha's into his omega's the only difference comes from those that have reached the apex of their power. besides if we're going to claim alpha, epsilon etc then are you trying to tell us that apocalypse, xavier and magneto are at the bottom of the power scale? ha ridiculous!

and why storm isn't on the list? I'm almost positive that magneto and xavier told storm that she was omega. i don't know if this true but I heard that magneto told her that she was omega while he was asking her to leave the x-men. but i don't know about this. storm and magneto are high alphas, who are capable of beating omega level mutants.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Apocalypse and Proteus are not Omegas btw.

I really stopped caring about the term, maybe it did mean something in the beginning, but so much has changed since I don't really think even the writers know what to do with that title besides entitling their pet characters lol

proteus happens to be an omega mutant reality warper.

apocalypse at one point, he fought loki to a standstill. So he has some level of power.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the one thing most people tend to forget is that "omega level" was coined by grant morisson (in recent years). that being said alpha mutants have always been the most powerful mutants in the marvel universe. So what grant has essentially done is turn all alpha's into his omega's the only difference comes from those that have reached the apex of their power. besides if we're going to claim alpha, epsilon etc then are you trying to tell us that apocalypse, xavier and magneto are at the bottom of the power scale? ha ridiculous!

and why storm isn't on the list? I'm almost positive that magneto and xavier told storm that she was omega. i don't know if this true but I heard that magneto told her that she was omega while he was asking her to leave the x-men. but i don't know about this. storm and magneto are high alphas, who are capable of beating omega level mutants.

Omega level mutants aren't omnipotent - most of them can be knocked out by surprise attacks or killed by gunfire or other weaponry. Wolverine can kill omega level mutants, for example, and his mutations put him on the low end of the 'power scale'. The term really has more to do with the ultimate potential of a mutation - not how powerful the character can become, though some writers really muddy the waters.

I think you can take Charles, Emma and Jean as pretty good examples - Charles was the most powerful mutant telepath on Earth for many years (considered an Omega class telepath), Emma was exquisitely skilled by only had the ability to project & manipulate telepathic/psionic energy (later, she gained the Omega class classification, as well), but of the three, Jean's telepathic mutation kept expanding - it developed into telekinesis, became empathic abilities, she manifested the power to communicate with animals (very specialized telepathic mutation, and Danielle Moonstar was the only other X-character to display this reliably and in limited applications), and eventually we see that she can become psionic energy (which, ironically enough, is closer to what her power expansion was supposed to be under Claremont's initial idea for the Phoenix storyline). Of the three very potent telepaths, she ends up being the most powerful and skilled because her powers kept expanding, while Charles and Emma had limits hence Jean is generally IDed as having an omega level mutation while the other two have some abilities that are omega class.

Another example is Siena Blaze; she was never confirmed to be an omega level mutant whatsoever, but everytime she used her powers she had the potential to destroy the planet via rupturing the EM field. She was easily a match for Storm, who could barely even repair the damage Siena caused, and required Storm, Cyclops and Prof. X's efforts to defeat her (and I think that was a strategic defeat - they didn't overpower her; just took advantage of her lack of experience). You don't really need to be classified as omega class or even omega level to take out superhuman mutants possessing more powerful mutations. Wolverine has a good track record despite having a limited powerset.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Hotshotters

@phoenixofthetides: i agree with you entirely. very true about siena blaze. so many mutants that can be on those levels and is an unexplained occurrence that baffled everyone (couldn't conceive the meaning of that classification). of course, since some mutants later tap into unseen power, are genetically altered by outside forces, or have experienced secondary mutations that change their nature and, as a result, put them into a different classification. perhaps with the lack of so many characters they should have renamed this set.... NO MORE MUTANTS.... lol

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm has been a suspected omega but not yet confirmed. I don't think Magneto was ever confirmed an omega, but I agree pretty much everything you said. Based on what they have done on panel they have impressive showings of power that could definitely place them as omega levels with unlimited potential.

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: Siena Blaze was an astounding dynamic rage. I remember this story, which was from Scott Lobdell. If this story was about half as long, and it was just about the X-Men crashing in a blizzard, it would be okay. Unfortunately this issue deals with Siena Blaze, who is a little bit of a mess of a character. Her power is just plain ridiculous because even though it is supposed to potentially destroy the planet, Marvel is never going to let that happen, so why bring it up? Second, her motivations are all very vague and even her reason for being an Upstart is never cleared up. She doesn’t care if her powers destroy the Earth, but she wants to achieve immortality through the Upstarts; how does that make sense? Also, we never learn why Fitzroy wanted her to join, so really it’s best not to think too hard about this character as she never appears in X-Men or Uncanny X-Men (as far as I know), except for an Annual back story that predates this issue. I never understood her characterization and paint her as she can be an Omega... is way too over character.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm has always been labled "Potential Omega" but that's just what i don't understand .. there's no grey area its either you ARE or you AREN'T.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: i guess that's how it works, which is an unlikely explanation.

@thunderbolt30: i thought the same thing. i believe they should be up there cause they have shown their potential during the years.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flavalon: All I can say is 'Welcome to the '90s!' Where as long as the character had shoulder pads, they were k3wl. Personally, I thought it was a pretty good story, and since we've seen other characters depicted in similar ways, it's easiest to just accept it as canon. She's homicidal, has immense power and, as the story shows, isn't that smart. It doesn't seem far-fetched for a villain to have vague, conflicting motivations - most of the Upstarts had thinly veiled MOs, too. How many times have we heard the "destroy the world to rule it" mission statement?

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I see alotta disagreements here. I actually like Magneto as portrayed in the film versions. He's not insanely powerful, but he uses his powers with style. The thing with the grenades was classic muy classic.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poze11 said:

I would say a big problem for Magneto is his age, but then again, his potential seems to go to an extreme.

Yes, and I hate this PD!

@shebba said:

If you say so. I know he has limits to his power, but he seem too powerful for his limitation.

Nah, it's just because he's too old. It was stated that Joseph is a perfect clone and doesn't have the same limitations because he's young. Again, idiotic and repetitive plot device.

During Fatal Attractions? Well, to be fair, it's not that Cable was anywhere near full power. Now that could've been epic.

proteus happens to be an omega mutant reality warper.

apocalypse at one point, he fought loki to a standstill. So he has some level of power.

The misconception of yours is that "Omega level" means "uber-powerful", well, it isn't. I mean, it does sometimes, but it doesn't HAVE to be about being just powerful, more like "continual self-evolution", "unlimited potential" or "unknown bounds". For example, Cyclops can easily kill Elixir, who is OLM and who has yet to show how his mutation is being developed (I say, he can turn into Prototype-esque kind of bio-madness - shapeshifting, from classic impersonations to Symbiote-like cold weapon generation and solidification; flesh-consuming (memories and knowledge as well); manipulation of contagions to any degree; X-gene, meta-gene, muta-gene, whatever manipulation; enhancement of others by turning them as physically powerful as they can be (the three abilities he already hinted to have); damn, creating clones of himself to have them under control by being the patriarch of their hive mind - just let your imagination do the job and it's all there lol) yet cannot resist that kind of offensive powers. For now of course. To me, Omega is potentially boundlessly powerful characters, but most of them are just not there. Another example, Hope Summers - near mutants, you don't mess with her, but if there are none, you can kill her with a punch. There are also lots of mutants who happen to be also uber-powerful, yet do not have the title of Omega, what do we do with them? It's Mad Jim Jaspers I'm talking about.

Of the three very potent telepaths, she ends up being the most powerful and skilled because her powers kept expanding, while Charles and Emma had limits hence Jean is generally IDed as having an omega level mutation while the other two have some abilities that are omega class.

People always tend to say how powerful Jean Grey is eve without Phoenix, but to be honest, I was never impressed with her and Xavier seems to be leagues above her, by feats, with skill and in power.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

People always tend to say how powerful Jean Grey is eve without Phoenix, but to be honest, I was never impressed with her and Xavier seems to be leagues above her, by feats, with skill and in power.

Well, honestly, most writers trot out the Phoenix Force as an excuse for most of her higher level feats, so it gets difficult to separate Jean Grey from the Phoenix. I think some of her more overt displays of sheer power are things that are underrated in comic land - she's often been shown to be able to punch her way through psionic interference by sheer power, and establish telepathic contact even when other psychics are neutralized, but that's not as sexy as psibolts, I guess. I think her major telepathic power, which places her leagues beyond Charles or Emma, is the ability to establish telepathic rapports so quickly - this backdoor into the minds of people with very strong psi-resistance like Wolverine or Storm is very powerful...she just never had a reason to use it malignantly. It's basically how she ended up catatonic in the first place when it manifested in her as a child, and most telepaths need training just to get to that point (kind of like how Karma's mutant power is extremely advanced and most telepaths aren't powerful enough for that ability, but her psi powers are "weaker" because it's so highly focused).

And since the Phoenix made an imprint of her personality, powers and psyche (which she's been able to live up to on her own for the most part), it's still her essence that originated the higher level feats so we can still count them as her own.

Ah, the Phoenix Force. Muddying the waters all day, every day. Howsabout explaining how an Omega class telepath with the Phoenix Force is reduced to turning to diamond to beat up a Norse god? I liken it to the Roguestorm "feat" - the character is said to have this amazing, planet busting potential, but you only see a fraction of it because they have morals.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Where the hell did you got this information about Cyclops? Sound like a montrous to me. Or this is just you guessing because I never saw this noble man doing any of that. Just asking.

And I thought Jean was more powerful then Proffessor? The Last Stand stated that she was. I also heard that even without her Phoenix, she can be as Proffessor's level. Maybe not quite, but she's up there with him. Just wondering.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Frozon

I assuming the question here is... how the hell Magneto work?

He is very well versed in the use of his powers (at least the electromagnetic ones), but tends to be too far out of his prime for his body to use them to their fullest regularly. On top of that, as somebody already pointed out, Magneto's powers extend beyond "just" the full scope of the E-M spectrum. He has demonstrated control over gravity (another major universal force), as well as the ability to manipulate space and create wormholes. His power isn't just the ability to control metal, its far more than just that. Not to mention tremendous latent psychic potential. He is an expert on genetic engineering and mutation, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science. iceman is a bonified omega level mutant. Magneto at best is an omega level threat. Its like comparing a bonified planet buster to a planetary threat.

Magneto has years of experience in using his powers in comparison to Iceman. It took Emma Frost telling Bobby how to use his powers, in order to use them to their potential. It’s like giving a child reality warping powers, they’re not going to take over the world; they’re going to create toys, toys, candy and more toys. Their 'power-levels' don’t make that much of a difference, it’s how they use them. Magneto “at best” nearly bested Nate Grey.. a confirmed Omega as well.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where the hell did you got this information about Cyclops? Sound like a montrous to me. Or this is just you guessing because I never saw this noble man doing any of that. Just asking.

And I thought Jean was more powerful then Proffessor? The Last Stand stated that she was. I also heard that even without her Phoenix, she can be as Proffessor's level. Maybe not quite, but she's up there with him. Just wondering.

It was hypothetical assumption, a "what if" for power comparison. It isn't about what character would do, but what he could've done powerwise.

Well, honestly, most writers trot out the Phoenix Force as an excuse for most of her higher level feats, so it gets difficult to separate Jean Grey from the Phoenix. I think some of her more overt displays of sheer power are things that are underrated in comic land - she's often been shown to be able to punch her way through psionic interference by sheer power, and establish telepathic contact even when other psychics are neutralized, but that's not as sexy as psibolts, I guess. I think her major telepathic power, which places her leagues beyond Charles or Emma, is the ability to establish telepathic rapports so quickly - this backdoor into the minds of people with very strong psi-resistance like Wolverine or Storm is very powerful...she just never had a reason to use it malignantly. It's basically how she ended up catatonic in the first place when it manifested in her as a child, and most telepaths need training just to get to that point (kind of like how Karma's mutant power is extremely advanced and most telepaths aren't powerful enough for that ability, but her psi powers are "weaker" because it's so highly focused).

I understand, but Xavier's immense planetary level powers that make him look much better, damn, he fought Phoenix, the entity that embodies the psychic energy of all living being in the universe (retconned though, but that's the cannon now), on the infinite planes of existence, instantly forcing to sleep Phoenix Namor and Thor like nothing with so many other highend feats, is the reason why I'll put him above the others, except for maybe Nate Grey for obvious reasons.

And since the Phoenix made an imprint of her personality, powers and psyche (which she's been able to live up to on her own for the most part), it's still her essence that originated the higher level feats so we can still count them as her own.

Not really, her feats with Phoenix always tend to exceed her regular feats, drastically I'd say.

Ah, the Phoenix Force. Muddying the waters all day, every day. Howsabout explaining how an Omega class telepath with the Phoenix Force is reduced to turning to diamond to beat up a Norse god? I liken it to the Roguestorm "feat" - the character is said to have this amazing, planet busting potential, but you only see a fraction of it because they have morals.

Emma simply played with him, the real question is, how was it impossible for her to enter his mind with the PF?

Some characters deserve to have their unique powers explored beyond the typically habitual and unimaginative usage. I feel that Claremont was always passionate about thus explorations, today's X-writers? Not so much.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean became more powerful and skillful than profesor x. there were feats that she was able to do even without prof x teaching it to her. example is transferring her psyche to emma's body. transfering prof's psyche to her own mind while she was really physically sick. profesor and emma can't communicate to animals. i don't even think prof was able to penetrate juggernaut's helmet, it was only jean who was able to get through it without taking it off. Prof was only able to defeat the phoenix in a psychic battle because jean helped him.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean became more powerful and skillful than profesor x. there were feats that she was able to do even without prof x teaching it to her. example is transferring her psyche to emma's body. transfering prof's psyche to her own mind while she was really physically sick. profesor and emma can't communicate to animals. i don't even think prof was able to penetrate juggernaut's helmet, it was only jean who was able to get through it without taking it off. Prof was only able to defeat the phoenix in a psychic battle because jean helped him.

I agree that Jean is more powerful than Xavier, since he actually has predicted her surpassing him and noting that she was tapping power on a cosmic scale before the Phoenix took her over, and the fact that before the Phoenix was turned into a force Marvel always intended her to be more powerful as evidenced by her originally reaching that level of power due to him unlocking her telepathy allowing her to transcend the mortal plane becoming a being of pure psi and reforming as the Phoenix.

I think adams point in mentioning the Xavier/Dark Phoenix battle was to point out that the strength of his mind is great enough to fight on all those planes, we all know he didn't win by himself. What gets lost to me when people bring up him having the strength to fight Phoenix on all those planes is that Jean too would have also been fighting on all those planes in order to help him fight the Phoenix, meaning not only can she match his strength, but she can tip the scales in his favor against the Phoenix, this would at least put her on his level of power back then. When that battle was done, Xavier used his own power to create the bindings that locked the Phoenix up, but it took Jean all of a second to destroy those bindings to let the Phoenix out, which shows that her mind is stronger. So while Jean does not use her powers to scan the globe (even though she did after OZT while looking for him) and interplanetary distances, she has proven that her mind is stronger than Xaviers mind enough times for her to be considered more powerful than he is IMO. There are other instances that show this, like when Moira was dying, he was not strong enough to maintain a connection with her even with Cerebro. Jean used Cerebro to basically escort him to Moira and created a sustainable link, as he could not do it. Even in classic Xmen back stories it was shown that young Jean was more powerful because she could sense Scott while Xavier could not, which led to him even knowing about Scott, he could only view Scott through Jeans perceptions. The psi rapport that many believe was created when Phoenix was Jean was in fact forged by a young barely teen Jean years before the Xmen were founded, with her telepathy turned off by Xavier it seemed to have manifested a physical attraction. Looking back at the scan with both of them bathed in the flame of the Phoenix it foreshadowed his eventual possession of the Force and showed that he in fact needed Jean to be able to control it, but I digress, it's my day off and I like to do shots to celebrate lol.

Point is feats aside, Jean is more powerful than Xavier at most and at least just as powerful, with a higher threshold. Whenever Xavier is pushed to his limit, what we see is what we get, when Jean is pushed to hers, due to having unlimited potential we see that she develops a new limit, until she she needs to push past that. The nature of her training was always mired in restraint, so she won't push unless it's necessary and once pushed she will stay at that level until she needs to push against her limits again. Her children do not restrain power, so they hit a road block and just keep pushing and pushing until they can accomplish what they need/want to get done even subconsciously. In the case of her "sons" this usually leads to burning out for a time. So even with his tremendous powers Nate can reach a limit and his powers will not respond. Rachel and Jean not so much. As a matter of fact Jean if she reaches a limit can "swim" across an ocean of psychic light in her own mind and get power directly from the Phoenix

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Oh okay. I was just wondering. Yes he can do all these thing if "what if"

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto doesn't control just magnetism, but EM fields. He can manipulate things which are excessively heavy. He can manipulate multiple objects at one time with more accuracy. He can also manipulate EM fields to act as a force field, and he's nearly invulnerable. He can increase his own strength and durability to levels far beyond that of a normal human, and most other mutants (including omega). He can turn invisible by altering visible light. He's incredibly powerful in a variety of ways, and has more experience than any other omega level. Magneto has full control of his powers. I believe he should be omega.

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Flavalon

@lordofallhumans said:

@darthphoenix said:

I agree that Jean is more powerful than Xavier, since he actually has predicted her surpassing him and noting that she was tapping power on a cosmic scale before the Phoenix took her over, and the fact that before the Phoenix was turned into a force Marvel always intended her to be more powerful as evidenced by her originally reaching that level of power due to him unlocking her telepathy allowing her to transcend the mortal plane becoming a being of pure psi and reforming as the Phoenix.

I think adams point in mentioning the Xavier/Dark Phoenix battle was to point out that the strength of his mind is great enough to fight on all those planes, we all know he didn't win by himself. What gets lost to me when people bring up him having the strength to fight Phoenix on all those planes is that Jean too would have also been fighting on all those planes in order to help him fight the Phoenix, meaning not only can she match his strength, but she can tip the scales in his favor against the Phoenix, this would at least put her on his level of power back then. When that battle was done, Xavier used his own power to create the bindings that locked the Phoenix up, but it took Jean all of a second to destroy those bindings to let the Phoenix out, which shows that her mind is stronger. So while Jean does not use her powers to scan the globe (even though she did after OZT while looking for him) and interplanetary distances, she has proven that her mind is stronger than Xaviers mind enough times for her to be considered more powerful than he is IMO. There are other instances that show this, like when Moira was dying, he was not strong enough to maintain a connection with her even with Cerebro. Jean used Cerebro to basically escort him to Moira and created a sustainable link, as he could not do it. Even in classic Xmen back stories it was shown that young Jean was more powerful because she could sense Scott while Xavier could not, which led to him even knowing about Scott, he could only view Scott through Jeans perceptions. The psi rapport that many believe was created when Phoenix was Jean was in fact forged by a young barely teen Jean years before the Xmen were founded, with her telepathy turned off by Xavier it seemed to have manifested a physical attraction. Looking back at the scan with both of them bathed in the flame of the Phoenix it foreshadowed his eventual possession of the Force and showed that he in fact needed Jean to be able to control it, but I digress, it's my day off and I like to do shots to celebrate lol.

Point is feats aside, Jean is more powerful than Xavier at most and at least just as powerful, with a higher threshold. Whenever Xavier is pushed to his limit, what we see is what we get, when Jean is pushed to hers, due to having unlimited potential we see that she develops a new limit, until she she needs to push past that. The nature of her training was always mired in restraint, so she won't push unless it's necessary and once pushed she will stay at that level until she needs to push against her limits again. Her children do not restrain power, so they hit a road block and just keep pushing and pushing until they can accomplish what they need/want to get done even subconsciously. In the case of her "sons" this usually leads to burning out for a time. So even with his tremendous powers Nate can reach a limit and his powers will not respond. Rachel and Jean not so much. As a matter of fact Jean if she reaches a limit can "swim" across an ocean of psychic light in her own mind and get power directly from the Phoenix

I agree with this. Both are extremely powerful despite each other skills. Jean Grey's powers appeared at a very early age. She became a danger to herself and to others. This is shown differently in the movies and comic books. In both, Professor X alters her mind to tone down her powers. In the comic books he cuts down her telepathic abilities, in the movies he cuts down much of her telekinetic abilities. Their power level bounce back and forth, but at Phoenix level, Jean is shown to be much more powerful than Magneto and Professor X. She is able to manipulate things on a sub-atomic level, with uncanny control. Jean's powers are more flexible, yes, but (aside from the full force Phoenix powers) Mangeto's powers are much stronger in his "chosen" field. While Jean is capable of throwing very heavy objects around with effort, Magneto was able to grab an asteroid the size of a large city and place it in proper orbit around the Earth, and then maintain an atmosphere around it in a magnetic field *in his sleep*. It's believed he could use his magnetic control to literally rip the Earth apart if he tried.

Now... can someone answer me why can’t telepaths simply lift Magneto’s helmet?

The helmet protects it’s wearer from all but the strongest or most unexpected of telepathic attacks. This is achieved due to technology wired into the helmet itself. Lets not forget the fact that if this helmet is made out of metal than with his mutant ability theres no doubt that he’ll be using magnetic force to keep this helmet (his head protection) on his head and unbelievably strong/dense enough to withstand any pressure that has been put upon it. Magneto truely is a smart guy. Magneto is a charming, likeable well-intentioned extremist. His character has depth.

I came to wonder between Magneto and Jean... who would win? I think Jean will, but then again, Magneto can take this on his own imo.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By PurePower

Magneto is an Omega level mutant he can control all forms of magnetism. His powers branch into several different forms of magnetism. His abilities are powerful enough to be one of the XMen greatest foes and the human race most feared mutant.

And this are for the one who think im not enough to be Omega. HaHaHaHa

No Caption Provided

Way to go Viperians LMFAO.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Moonlighterstone

@psy_chrometer said:

Well I see alotta disagreements here. I actually like Magneto as portrayed in the film versions. He's not insanely powerful, but he uses his powers with style. The thing with the grenades was classic muy classic.

I agree about the grenades, but the depiction of his powers in the movie doesn't fit with even his most basic portrayal in the comics. The movies insist his power "manipulating metal". In actually his power is, of course manipulating magnetism, for a variety of effects. He is always portrayed as being able to manipulate non-metallic objects through magnetic repulsion, fire blasts of electromagnetic energy, and create magnetic forcefield that can repel a wide range of objects and forces.

@hotshotters said:

@phoenixofthetides: i agree with you entirely. very true about siena blaze. so many mutants that can be on those levels and is an unexplained occurrence that baffled everyone (couldn't conceive the meaning of that classification). of course, since some mutants later tap into unseen power, are genetically altered by outside forces, or have experienced secondary mutations that change their nature and, as a result, put them into a different classification. perhaps with the lack of so many characters they should have renamed this set.... NO MORE MUTANTS.... lol

Even if a mutant goes through a secondary mutation doesn't necessarily guarantee that they will be omega level powerful. Callisto, Kylun, Caliban (if he wasn't changed by Apocalypse), Beast, Micromax, etc. (I'm just throwing random names) are not going to be that powerful.

@flavalon said:

I agree with this. Both are extremely powerful despite each other skills. Jean Grey's powers appeared at a very early age. She became a danger to herself and to others. This is shown differently in the movies and comic books. In both, Professor X alters her mind to tone down her powers. In the comic books he cuts down her telepathic abilities, in the movies he cuts down much of her telekinetic abilities. Their power level bounce back and forth, but at Phoenix level, Jean is shown to be much more powerful than Magneto and Professor X. She is able to manipulate things on a sub-atomic level, with uncanny control. Jean's powers are more flexible, yes, but (aside from the full force Phoenix powers) Mangeto's powers are much stronger in his "chosen" field. While Jean is capable of throwing very heavy objects around with effort, Magneto was able to grab an asteroid the size of a large city and place it in proper orbit around the Earth, and then maintain an atmosphere around it in a magnetic field *in his sleep*. It's believed he could use his magnetic control to literally rip the Earth apart if he tried.

Now... can someone answer me why can’t telepaths simply lift Magneto’s helmet?

The helmet protects it’s wearer from all but the strongest or most unexpected of telepathic attacks. This is achieved due to technology wired into the helmet itself. Lets not forget the fact that if this helmet is made out of metal than with his mutant ability theres no doubt that he’ll be using magnetic force to keep this helmet (his head protection) on his head and unbelievably strong/dense enough to withstand any pressure that has been put upon it. Magneto truely is a smart guy. Magneto is a charming, likeable well-intentioned extremist. His character has depth.

I came to wonder between Magneto and Jean... who would win? I think Jean will, but then again, Magneto can take this on his own imo.

I totally agree that Phoenix/jean would win. Magneto and Xavier are the strongest mutants, but Phoenix is an alien, and when coupled with a strong telekinetic like Jean, she's practically unstoppable. The alien controlling Jean doesn't count. Either way, as Phoenix, Magneto fought the alien (Phoenix) several times (knowing his outcome). And yes, Magneto can take this on his own.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans:

Interesting. But what are her best global scale/battle feats because I really don't recall much?

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean as phoenix would easily beat Magneto. She could just pulverize him like in X-3. As regular old Jean though, I think it would be a pretty tough fight. Magneto would be busy throwing metal objects at her, and she'd be busy stopping them. Guess it would depend on who could last the longest at doing that. It's obvious Magneto will last longer.

And for Magneto... he is both. He is the Alpha and the Omega! For he is as far beyond mutants as they are beyond man! He is the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against him and be broken!

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean as phoenix would easily beat Magneto. She could just pulverize him like in X-3. As regular old Jean though, I think it would be a pretty tough fight. Magneto would be busy throwing metal objects at her, and she'd be busy stopping them. Guess it would depend on who could last the longest at doing that. It's obvious Magneto will last longer.

And for Magneto... he is both. He is the Alpha and the Omega! For he is as far beyond mutants as they are beyond man! He is the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against him and be broken!

Well Magneto DID actually KILL her... so...

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who win? Magneto, for several reasons:

• Magneto is impervious to jean grey's telepathy
    • Magneto can use the environment against jean.
    • If there is no metal around, Magneto can still blast Jean away through diamagnetism (as exhibited in ultimate x-men)
    • Magneto has way more raw power than jean.
    • Magneto's forcefields have held off blows from Thor's Mjolnr, Hulks fists, and Silver Surfer's cosmic energy blasts, so it can definitely hold off jean's telekinesis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

enough with the jean vs magneto pls this hardly seems like the place to debate it.

here is the link to the Magneto vs Jean thread for those interested

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By adamTRMM

@devilsgrin81 said:

Well Magneto DID actually KILL her... so...

Gladly, it was Xorn, so...

Silver Surfer's cosmic energy blasts

Where did this happen?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jean can tk pop organs in a sec

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Psy_chrometer

@moonlighterstone: Im glad you agree about the grenades. I just don't see why you have to depicted him as a monstrous when in the movie he was quite fine. I have to paste something here from what you said about the energy.

"I thought U'D agree with that part the most. It's an electrical energy that exists in every dimension, every universe, and every era. It touches every part of reality, it is an electric force that Magneto could absolutely manipulate"

Don't you think that sound like a monstrous?

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone: Im glad you agree about the grenades. I just don't see why you have to depicted him as a monstrous when in the movie he was quite fine. I have to paste something here from what you said about the energy.

"I thought U'D agree with that part the most. It's an electrical energy that exists in every dimension, every universe, and every era. It touches every part of reality, it is an electric force that Magneto could absolutely manipulate"

Don't you think that sound like a monstrous?

Magneto has monstrous ability to control all other energy form in the EM spectrum. He can intensify and focus these forces for monstrous damage within 20 areas or increase this to unearthly on touch. He has mastered a few energy specific stunts such as; Invisibility, Electrical, Absorption, Deflection, Flight, Forcefield, Magnetic control, Telephatic, Astral projection, and many more. Yes, it does sound like a monstrous, but this is a fact.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it seems that magneto can lift things up to a 500thousand pounds and throw it without being tired, while telekinetic would have trouble lifting up a car. it also seems like magneto can tear metal into pieces and shred bridges apart, while telekinetics can't separate not even the handcuffs by which they've been arrested. lol

Even if the phoenix gives strong telekinesis, normal jean grey can barely do anything?

jwayneyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well what a telekinetic can do depends on how much power and skill said telekinetic have, but that is misconception that most can barely lift a car as the majority of telekinetics that are constantly on panel can easily do that. However you are right in the assumption that magneto can left heavier weights than most.

WonKka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba: it seems so. most telekinetic can't do that much.

Magneto can disrupt the electromagnetic field of the whole planet and fight head to head with a team of the strongest X-Men. Magneto is very difficult to beat cause he could stop the flow of iron in your bloodstream still. Also no contest, Magneto wins.

I have a lot of respect for that man and he should be Omega.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonkka: @shebba: well here jean is straining A LOT but this was very early on. Going by how much more powerful she became later on she should be able to do this with ease. The problem is really the consistency from writers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Viperians

@martinceld: In the first image, it look like she struggling with the metal pipe. Magneto can take that smoothly.

In the sec image, it look like she only cut the top of the building in half. Unless you have an image where she's levitating that piece of cake.

Jean is powerful no doubt, and Magneto does struggle like Jean only when he's lifting something like this image here.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.