Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Omega-Level

TrekGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#551  Edited By TrekGrey

@warhammer: You are right, but it's not her mutant power, it's Chthon "blessing", it's the reason why she isn't a Omega. But I don't really care about those "statuses".

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know mags should and could have easily defeated ironman but avx didn't say so

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There has to be some mistake during AVX. I mean come on, really?

Scarlet Witch is more powerful than anyone.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554  Edited By Viperians

@viperians said:
    No Caption Provided

Nice! Check this out.

No Caption Provided

LOL

LMFAO

Let me bring this one to the chart....

No Caption Provided

As you can see why LOL.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix is more powerful than sw.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Then why you and "other" people don't think he fit in? When he's done crazy stuff. I think he SHOULD. And what part you do not understand when people are saying he SHOULD or he CAN be omega when no one is saying HE IS? I say he SHOULD because he's very powerful.

And same goes to Wanda. Wanda's magic is CHAOS magic ... uhh chaos WAVE, sound familiar? The chaos wave is a sneeze compared to the Phoenix force.

Writer Kurt Busiek redefined the Scarlet Witch's powers, and maintained that it was in fact an ability to manipulate chaos magic, activated when she was born. Busiek's redefinition upgraded Wanda's powers substantially, and she is shown as being capable of feats such as the resurrection of Wonder Man. She was here described as the "nexus being" of the Marvel Universe, capable of birthing children with power enough to challenge avatars of Eternity.

Writer Brian Michael Bendis revamped Wanda's powers yet again, with Doctor Strange stating that there was in fact no such thing as chaos magic, and that Wanda had been altering reality all along. Her power was here depicted as sufficient to rewrite her entire universe, and cause multiverse-threatening ripples.

I think she also SHOULD be omega level. Oh wait ... maybe "Beyond Omega Level" is where PROBABLY she fit in.

Now come and bring your logic saying she's not capable of any of this. THIS sounds very beyond if you logically think about it.

This is so dumb all of it!!!

Each and every time you open your internet mouth you prove you know nothing about the actual characters you talk about.

Avatar image for magnetowasalwaysright
    MagnetoWasAlwaysRight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This question has been raised several times with a critical thinking when it comes to Magneto's powers. Magneto is not a low level let alone 4. Magneto is extremely powerful that no one can't even guess how powerful he is. Magneto wins without much trouble.

No Caption Provided

Here’s Magneto working hard, oblivious to the rest of the world, trying to save the life of a certain X-Men. I suspect his nose is bleeding from the effort of breaking the laws of physics more than usual, that is. Magneto is using his power to affect an object so distant in space that his power his is traveling faster than the speed of light — which considering that his power involves generating electromagnetic waves is pretty damn impressive.

Magneto for almost 24 hours doing this incredible power? Clearly the omega question is something to be ask if you wonder what classification can he be........?????

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still not an omega...as per marvel writters

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This question has been raised several times with a critical thinking when it comes to Magneto's powers. Magneto is not a low level let alone 4. Magneto is extremely powerful that no one can't even guess how powerful he is. Magneto wins without much trouble.

No Caption Provided

Here’s Magneto working hard, oblivious to the rest of the world, trying to save the life of a certain X-Men. I suspect his nose is bleeding from the effort of breaking the laws of physics more than usual, that is. Magneto is using his power to affect an object so distant in space that his power his is traveling faster than the speed of light — which considering that his power involves generating electromagnetic waves is pretty damn impressive.

Magneto for almost 24 hours doing this incredible power? Clearly the omega question is something to be ask if you wonder what classification can he be........?????

OMG I remember this. How can I forgot to mentioned this? Here we can see that for a character not label an omega, broke the law of physics. I mean BROKE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS. He went beyond his limits to save Kitty. Awww I remember how good was this to see Kitty's back. Magneto is the hero in our (atlease mine) eyes :)

LordDracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#560  Edited By LordDracula

@cutter: You also forgot Mr.Sinister,Apocalypse they are much stronger and can harm omega level.Like Mr.Sinister powers can affect nate grey.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#561  Edited By DaymarePrime

I think the main difference is that there are omega level feats that can be performed but Omega in general is a condition to naturally be at a power level above another. It may not mean you can do it all but you are naturally predisposed to being more powerful than another even of the same power-set. Like a savant. Nowadays the writers do not even have a reason for some. They randomly throw the term on anyone they want if the wind blows in the right direction. In the 80's and 90's there seemed to be a standard, today many are or will be for a short arc if the writer does not understand the term or learned of the X-men through the cartoon.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

@magnetowasalwaysright said:

No Caption Provided

OMG I remember this. How can I forgot to mentioned this? Here we can see that for a character not label an omega, broke the law of physics. I mean BROKE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS. He went beyond his limits to save Kitty. Awww I remember how good was this to see Kitty's back. Magneto is the hero in our (atlease mine) eyes :)

All superpowers break the laws of the physics and all other sciences as well.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let us admit magneto's powers are story telling device. He's hard to be defeated by TEAMS, because he's a lone villain then. magneto, xavier and storm can't push themselves further than what their bodies can do. OMEGA level mutants can.

A good example is when Rachel made a micro blackhole, she pushed herself way past her limits and her body was able to even take the energies supplied by her teammates.

Omegas are not necessarilly mean their more powerful than the alphas. For example elixir's powers are not that offensive. rendering him less powerful than those who can project energy because it is more useful in a battle.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darthphoenix:
    I see your point. So...that said the classification shouldn't ever existed...lol

@shebba: Yes...he literally went beyond his limits in order to save a precious X-Men.

@lordofallhumans: All superpowers break the laws of the physics and all other sciences as well.

I agree, but saying for 24 hours holding on to this? Not. They are some who might broke the laws, but like Magneto...never. Unless...you have some panel :)

@daymareprime: I agree with you.

@magnetowasalwaysright: Thanks for sharing this particular image...itshow how impressive this moment was.

@cutter: You also forgot Mr.Sinister,Apocalypse they are much stronger and can harm omega level.Like Mr.Sinister powers can affect nate grey.

I'm sure I might missed a few, but if you know any other please confirm them. Thanks...

@purepower said:

@viperians said:
    No Caption Provided

Nice! Check this out.

No Caption Provided

LOL

LMFAO

Let me bring this one to the chart....

No Caption Provided

As you can see why LOL.

Way to go guys. I like Magneto's face...he is like....WTF? LOL

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#565  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@cutter:

I agree, but saying for 24 hours holding on to this? Not. They are some who might broke the laws, but like Magneto...never. Unless...you have some panel :)

What? There are mutants that can rewrite the laws of physics. By nature all superpowers break or at least bend the laws of science. Magneto is no different or more special than anybody else with superpowers in any form of fiction that involves superpowers when it comes to that. The panel evidence is every comic book in the world that has superhumans.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter:

What? There are mutants that can rewrite the laws of physics. By nature all superpowers break or at least bend the laws of science. Magneto is no different or more special than anybody else with superpowers in any form of fiction that involves superpowers when it comes to that. The panel evidence is every comic book in the world that has superhumans.

But not all superpowers are like Magneto's power. I'm just saying he's more powerful than most.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@cutter:

But not all superpowers are like Magneto's power. I'm just saying he's more powerful than most.

Polaris has the exact same power and we find out from him having to use her power that she can do anything he can do, the only difference being he has had more time to explore that power, because he often relies on tapping energies outside of himself (the EM spectrum of Earth) and she was just using the power that was available to her naturally.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@cutter:

Polaris has the exact same power and we find out from him having to use her power that she can do anything he can do, the only difference being he has had more time to explore that power, because he often relies on tapping energies outside of himself (the EM spectrum of Earth) and she was just using the power that was available to her naturally.

Ok...so that mean eventually she will be able to open a wormhole, bring another X-Men from distant...like he did with Kitty. I'm sure Polaris can do what her father can if she has the experience like her father. Perhaps in his solo book Magneto will teach her lol (just guessing). Why I keep forgetting that all his family are so powerful just like the Master of Magnetism?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@cutter said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@cutter said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@cutter:

Ok...so that mean eventually she will be able to open a wormhole, bring another X-Men from distant...like he did with Kitty. I'm sure Polaris can do what her father can if she has the experience like her father. Perhaps in his solo book Magneto will teach her lol (just guessing). Why I keep forgetting that all his family are so powerful just like the Master of Magnetism?

Because they aren't. Polaris has the potential to be more powerful than him because she is younger than him. Wandas big feats have everything to do with magic and not much to do with being a mutant. Quicksilver is not considered powerful by any mutant standard, and Anya and Luna are not even mutants and were born with no natural powers at all.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@cutter said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@cutter:

Because they aren't. Polaris has the potential to be more powerful than him because she is younger than him. Wandas big feats have everything to do with magic and not much to do with being a mutant. Quicksilver is not considered powerful by any mutant standard, and Anya and Luna are not even mutants and were born with no natural powers at all.

Oh yes they are. Scarlet Witch is a mutant, born with the magical ability to alter reality in unspecific ways and has the ability to manipulate probability via her hexes aside from her chaos magic. Same goes to Wiccan. If someone can move as fast as the speed of Quicksilver...I don't know about Omega-Level, but this is....pretty powerful. Same goes to Speed. Quicksilver is a mutant capable of moving and thinking at superhuman speeds...capable of running at the speed of sound. Luna eventually gain her power...she was just a late bloomer. Luna can read and manipulate the state of nearby beings, including their emotional state, intentions, truthfulness, mental illness, and whether a person is under the mental control of maximum. Luna can manipulate these auras to effect a mental manipulation ability. Anya was never stated if she was a human or a mutant, but knowing all his family are mutants and have powers...there is no doubt she might have been one. And Polaris...as you mentioned...she has the potential to be more powerful than Magneto, but even though she didn't reach the level as her father, she still seems powerful. But label her as the Master of Magnetism is too far from her reach. I think no one can master the magnetism as Magneto can. But who know if one day she will. That's said...all his family are powerful enough to become in this nonsense classification...lol.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@cutter said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@cutter said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@cutter said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@cutter:

Oh yes they are. Scarlet Witch is a mutant, born with the magical ability to alter reality in unspecific ways and has the ability to manipulate probability via her hexes aside from her chaos magic. Same goes to Wiccan. If someone can move as fast as the speed of Quicksilver...I don't know about Omega-Level, but this is....pretty powerful. Same goes to Speed. Quicksilver is a mutant capable of moving and thinking at superhuman speeds...capable of running at the speed of sound. Luna eventually gain her power...she was just a late bloomer. Luna can read and manipulate the state of nearby beings, including their emotional state, intentions, truthfulness, mental illness, and whether a person is under the mental control of maximum. Luna can manipulate these auras to effect a mental manipulation ability. Anya was never stated if she was a human or a mutant, but knowing all his family are mutants and have powers...there is no doubt she might have been one. And Polaris...as you mentioned...she has the potential to be more powerful than Magneto, but even though she didn't reach the level as her father, she still seems powerful. But label her as the Master of Magnetism is too far from her reach. I think no one can master the magnetism as Magneto can. But who know if one day she will. That's said...all his family are powerful enough to become in this nonsense classification...lol.

Wanda was not born with those powers, she was infused with demonic chaos energy by an elder good at birth, which turned her inherited energy manipulation powers into what they are. We don't even know what Wiccan is, Wanda and vision never actually had children she absorbed demonic energy and used it to create the children that are now speculated to be Wiccan and his twin. There is nothing powerful about Quicksilver by any mutant standard, he is powerful compared to non-powered humans, but mutants and other superhumans not so much. There are several superhumans that don't have superspeed as a main power that are faster than him and can process information just as fast if not faster like Sage (information) and Northstar (speed and information), even Magneto can react to Quicksilver with no superhuman speed at all. Luna did not gain power eventually she was exposed to the terrigen mist and granted power like her mothers people. Anya was born a non-mutant as far as we know and died one, there is no reason to believe she had an active X-gene as it is not impossible for mutants to have non-mutant children as evidenced by Mystique and Creed and the fact that her own brother has a non-mutant daughter in Luna. None of his family are powerful enough to be classified because as you and others have been told what looks like hundreds of times the level of power has nothing to do with being an omega level mutant.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#572  Edited By DaymarePrime

Polaris is powerful but let us not forget she has lost her power a few times and now her power is "basically" a side-effect of apocalypse technology which reignited her genes but to what level no one really knows...that and there have been a few instances of her not being able to open a mayo jar. We have enough faux-mega mutants due to head-cannon. I think she is good how she is, putting a label on, even a powerful one, can lead to problems across writer's, especially since many do not read or research the characters they write at the moment apparently. :(

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans:

As adolescents, Wanda and Pietro discovered that they had peculiar talents. With a particular gesture while she was in a certain frame of mind, Wanda found that she could cause unusual phenomena to occur. Wanda possesses the mutant power of affecting probability fields (she was born with it). By a combination of gestures and mental concentration...she creates a hex-sphere...a finite pocket of reality-disrupting quasi-psionic force...which upon reaching its intended target...causes disturbance in the molecular-level probability field surrounding the target. Thus, unlikely phenomena will occur. Among the many phenomena she is able to cause are: the sudden melting of gun barrels, the spontaneous combustion of any flammable object...the rapid rust or decay of various organic and inorganic materials...the poltergeist-like deflection of an object in flight, the sudden evacuation of air from a given volume, the disruption of energy transmissions and fields, and so on. These phenomena occur practically instantaneously after the completion of her hex. Her range of hex-casting is limited by her line of sight.

Her sorcerous training has not given her a set of powers separate from her mutant abilities, but only honed her control over her existing abilities...that she was born with. She has, however, a special affinity for the natural elements and materials that true witches utilize in their spells: the four alchemical elements, wood, organic substances, etc. The reliability factor of her hex-casting ability is also limited by her physical condition: when well rested, in good health, and mentally and emotionally alert, Scarlet Witch can cast numerous hex-spheres in rapid succession and attain desirable results for almost an hour. I think there is no question of what she's capable of.

Quicksilver...of course...no one is more powerful than Magneto. Pietro's body is adapted towards the rigors of high-speed running. His cardiovascular and respiratory systems are many times more efficient than those of a normal human being. His bones contain unknown materials significantly...more durable than calcium to withstand the dynamic shocks of his feet touching the ground at speeds a human could never achieve or withstand. Quicksilver's practical reaction time is several times faster than a normal human's...and the speed at which his brain processes information is heightened to a level commensurate with his bodily speed, enabling him to perceive his surroundings while traveling at high velocities.

He was originally capable of running faster than the speed of sound (770 miles per hour). He had sufficient energy reserves that enabled him to run at this average speed for an unknown amount of hours before reducing his speed to replenish his body's store of energy. Quicksilver has used his powers of acceleration for various feats. He has plucked an arrow out of the air from a standing start...and has dodged machine gun fire. He has created cyclone-like gusts of wind...which are able to knock a man off his feet. He is able to run across the Atlantic Ocean and to oversea continents without having to stop...run up the sides of buildings effortlessly...and also seems able to use some type of energy...comparing it to "his father's power". After being captured by the High Evolutionary, where his powers were upgraded by Isotope E, his speeds have been increased until he was capable of easily reaching high supersonic speeds of Mach 4 (3,080 miles per hour), the true extent of his new speeds are unknown, though he has been observed outrunning Thor's lightning bolts, running from Tibet to Indonesia in a few seconds...and covering half the Earth's distance in 92 seconds. Though he has ran back and forth in time and created time displaced duplicates (which Stephen Hawking theorized to take speeds of 25,000,000 mph) it can be confirmed Quicksilver has moved at speeds faster than light. No explanation has been given yet for his recent increase in speed. Quicksilver is also immune to the effects of friction...reduced oxygen up to a point where a human can no longer breathe...and impact upon his body while moving at super-speeds. He has traveled around the world by running on top of the ocean water and even ran all the way up Mount Everest without slowing down and went flying above cloud level as a result. He has recently shown the ability to shift his molecules through solid objects...and transport people at speeds greater than the speed of sound without injuring them. I think there is no question of what he's capable of.

Wiccan and Speed are now what they are...mutants. They were created by Wanda. Heinberg stated on the situation in a transcript with fans, "According to Billy's theory, the souls of Wanda's twins inhabited his and Speed's bodies when they were dispersed from Mephisto. But it's only a theory". "When the Scarlet Witch used her powers to recreate the world after the House of M event, she inadvertently recreated both Wiccan and Speed as well. However instead of recreating them as her children, they ended up as the children of other parents. Thomas ended up as the son of the Shepard family while William ended up as the son of the Kaplans family." In Children Crusade #6, Scarlet Witch confirms that Billy and Tommy are the reincarnations of her sons.

Wanda and Vision could not have children because Vision lacked thee uh "necessary" parts. So she created them using her magic. It turned out that they were parts of Mephesto...so he took them back (Master Pandemonium thought they were his souls)...but they fought back, and got away from them. When this happened Agatha Herkness took away the memories of the children from Wanda (the greff was to much). That's why Wanda was screaming about her children during the whole pre-HoM. Wiccan and Speed are supposed to be the reincarnation of Wanda's and Vision's children. Those other two are just Wanda creating her children...not knowing they were alive. But you wonder yourself...She recreated Thomas and William, but why did she not recreate Tyler Magnus...? Or why did she create him in the first place...? Is he another child she lost...? Maybe she miscarried him during her time with the Brotherhood (I guess it would be another interesting story)...but they are still her children since they were born...because they were in Wanda's belly...I assuming...lol. And though...they have powers like their mother and uncle and there is no question of what they're capable of. Let not talk about Nocturne...lol

Luna was a human until Quicksilver had his daughter go through Terrigenesis (agree) and Luna obtained the ability to see and read the emotional auras of others. Luna can see the feelings of others. Luna is now a full empath able to sense... remove and alter emotions at will. After receiving her powers...Luna had trouble controlling them and wore shades at all times. It appears that she gained enough control of her powers to no longer require them later on. So...she has power now. I guess it would make her an Inhuman? Ether way...she's not a human anymore, but an Inhuman and she also shown of what she's capable of...lol.

Anya was born and died human, but that doesn't mean she couldn't be a mutant if she was alive. I literally hope...in the Magneto going...can hint something more about Anya. And as I mentioned before...Wanda and Pietro didn't discover their ability until their adolescents...is when they discovered that they had peculiar talents. This could've been the same for Anya...if you think about it (of course...that's assuming if she was still alive and going through her adolescent and discovering that her mutation power was teleportation...what if before she ever got burn...she reacted and teleported herself to another place where she got stuck ever since? Well imagine that. Another good story to think about...lol).

They might not be Omega-Level...just like Magneto, but it's obvious that they can be for the simple matter of them being capable of everything we know what they can do (at lease I know what they can literally do). As you can see how I love this family despite their imperfection as many other characters are...lol.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@cutter said:

@lordofallhumans:

As adolescents, Wanda and Pietro discovered that they had peculiar talents. With a particular gesture while she was in a certain frame of mind, Wanda found that she could cause unusual phenomena to occur. Wanda possesses the mutant power of affecting probability fields (she was born with it). By a combination of gestures and mental concentration...she creates a hex-sphere...a finite pocket of reality-disrupting quasi-psionic force...which upon reaching its intended target...causes disturbance in the molecular-level probability field surrounding the target. Thus, unlikely phenomena will occur. Among the many phenomena she is able to cause are: the sudden melting of gun barrels, the spontaneous combustion of any flammable object...the rapid rust or decay of various organic and inorganic materials...the poltergeist-like deflection of an object in flight, the sudden evacuation of air from a given volume, the disruption of energy transmissions and fields, and so on. These phenomena occur practically instantaneously after the completion of her hex. Her range of hex-casting is limited by her line of sight.

Her sorcerous training has not given her a set of powers separate from her mutant abilities, but only honed her control over her existing abilities...that she was born with. She has, however, a special affinity for the natural elements and materials that true witches utilize in their spells: the four alchemical elements, wood, organic substances, etc. The reliability factor of her hex-casting ability is also limited by her physical condition: when well rested, in good health, and mentally and emotionally alert, Scarlet Witch can cast numerous hex-spheres in rapid succession and attain desirable results for almost an hour. I think there is no question of what she's capable of.

Quicksilver...of course...no one is more powerful than Magneto. Pietro's body is adapted towards the rigors of high-speed running. His cardiovascular and respiratory systems are many times more efficient than those of a normal human being. His bones contain unknown materials significantly...more durable than calcium to withstand the dynamic shocks of his feet touching the ground at speeds a human could never achieve or withstand. Quicksilver's practical reaction time is several times faster than a normal human's...and the speed at which his brain processes information is heightened to a level commensurate with his bodily speed, enabling him to perceive his surroundings while traveling at high velocities.

He was originally capable of running faster than the speed of sound (770 miles per hour). He had sufficient energy reserves that enabled him to run at this average speed for an unknown amount of hours before reducing his speed to replenish his body's store of energy. Quicksilver has used his powers of acceleration for various feats. He has plucked an arrow out of the air from a standing start...and has dodged machine gun fire. He has created cyclone-like gusts of wind...which are able to knock a man off his feet. He is able to run across the Atlantic Ocean and to oversea continents without having to stop...run up the sides of buildings effortlessly...and also seems able to use some type of energy...comparing it to "his father's power". After being captured by the High Evolutionary, where his powers were upgraded by Isotope E, his speeds have been increased until he was capable of easily reaching high supersonic speeds of Mach 4 (3,080 miles per hour), the true extent of his new speeds are unknown, though he has been observed outrunning Thor's lightning bolts, running from Tibet to Indonesia in a few seconds...and covering half the Earth's distance in 92 seconds. Though he has ran back and forth in time and created time displaced duplicates (which Stephen Hawking theorized to take speeds of 25,000,000 mph) it can be confirmed Quicksilver has moved at speeds faster than light. No explanation has been given yet for his recent increase in speed. Quicksilver is also immune to the effects of friction...reduced oxygen up to a point where a human can no longer breathe...and impact upon his body while moving at super-speeds. He has traveled around the world by running on top of the ocean water and even ran all the way up Mount Everest without slowing down and went flying above cloud level as a result. He has recently shown the ability to shift his molecules through solid objects...and transport people at speeds greater than the speed of sound without injuring them. I think there is no question of what he's capable of.

Wiccan and Speed are now what they are...mutants. They were created by Wanda. Heinberg stated on the situation in a transcript with fans, "According to Billy's theory, the souls of Wanda's twins inhabited his and Speed's bodies when they were dispersed from Mephisto. But it's only a theory". "When the Scarlet Witch used her powers to recreate the world after the House of M event, she inadvertently recreated both Wiccan and Speed as well. However instead of recreating them as her children, they ended up as the children of other parents. Thomas ended up as the son of the Shepard family while William ended up as the son of the Kaplans family." In Children Crusade #6, Scarlet Witch confirms that Billy and Tommy are the reincarnations of her sons.

Wanda and Vision could not have children because Vision lacked thee uh "necessary" parts. So she created them using her magic. It turned out that they were parts of Mephesto...so he took them back (Master Pandemonium thought they were his souls)...but they fought back, and got away from them. When this happened Agatha Herkness took away the memories of the children from Wanda (the greff was to much). That's why Wanda was screaming about her children during the whole pre-HoM. Wiccan and Speed are supposed to be the reincarnation of Wanda's and Vision's children. Those other two are just Wanda creating her children...not knowing they were alive. But you wonder yourself...She recreated Thomas and William, but why did she not recreate Tyler Magnus...? Or why did she create him in the first place...? Is he another child she lost...? Maybe she miscarried him during her time with the Brotherhood (I guess it would be another interesting story)...but they are still her children since they were born...because they were in Wanda's belly...I assuming...lol. And though...they have powers like their mother and uncle and there is no question of what they're capable of. Let not talk about Nocturne...lol

Luna was a human until Quicksilver had his daughter go through Terrigenesis (agree) and Luna obtained the ability to see and read the emotional auras of others. Luna can see the feelings of others. Luna is now a full empath able to sense... remove and alter emotions at will. After receiving her powers...Luna had trouble controlling them and wore shades at all times. It appears that she gained enough control of her powers to no longer require them later on. So...she has power now. I guess it would make her an Inhuman? Ether way...she's not a human anymore, but an Inhuman and she also shown of what she's capable of...lol.

Anya was born and died human, but that doesn't mean she couldn't be a mutant if she was alive. I literally hope...in the Magneto going...can hint something more about Anya. And as I mentioned before...Wanda and Pietro didn't discover their ability until their adolescents...is when they discovered that they had peculiar talents. This could've been the same for Anya...if you think about it (of course...that's assuming if she was still alive and going through her adolescent and discovering that her mutation power was teleportation...what if before she ever got burn...she reacted and teleported herself to another place where she got stuck ever since? Well imagine that. Another good story to think about...lol).

They might not be Omega-Level...just like Magneto, but it's obvious that they can be for the simple matter of them being capable of everything we know what they can do (at lease I know what they can literally do). As you can see how I love this family despite their imperfection as many other characters are...lol.

These are nothing but assumptions that have nothing to do with what is really happening. Wanda and Quicksilver are not as powerful as you try to make them seem, Anya was human as far as we know and to undo her death would undermine everything about Magneto, as her death is what shaped his character and even jumpstarted his inactive mutant abilities that you seem to think are on the level of a cosmic space god. Regardless of what Luna is capable of now it has nothing to do with Magneto, just like what Wanda can do has nothing to do with him either. She was born a flatscan, latent mutants can be detected whether their X-gene is active or not it's called epsilon-delta mutants as Jean Greys niece and nephew were designated by a prime sentinel while under the protection of Nate Grey. Luna was a flatscan plain and simple.

They can never be omega level mutant, ever!!! You may know what they can do but you cannot grasp that what Wanda can do it not a result of mutation which means she can't be an omega level mutant based on her current powers. Magneto cannot be an omega level mutant because he has clear limits the main one being his body is not strong enough to handle a certain amount of power before it shuts down and he becomes nearly powerless unable to even life his own helmet. There is only one family line that has consistently produced omega level mutants, and that is the Grey family.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@lordofallhumans:

These are nothing but assumptions that have nothing to do with what is really happening. Wanda and Quicksilver are not as powerful as you try to make them seem, Anya was human as far as we know and to undo her death would undermine everything about Magneto, as her death is what shaped his character and even jumpstarted his inactive mutant abilities that you seem to think are on the level of a cosmic space god. Regardless of what Luna is capable of now it has nothing to do with Magneto, just like what Wanda can do has nothing to do with him either. She was born a flatscan, latent mutants can be detected whether their X-gene is active or not it's called epsilon-delta mutants as Jean Greys niece and nephew were designated by a prime sentinel while under the protection of Nate Grey. Luna was a flatscan plain and simple.

They can never be omega level mutant, ever!!! You may know what they can do but you cannot grasp that what Wanda can do it not a result of mutation which means she can't be an omega level mutant based on her current powers. Magneto cannot be an omega level mutant because he has clear limits the main one being his body is not strong enough to handle a certain amount of power before it shuts down and he becomes nearly powerless unable to even life his own helmet. There is only one family line that has consistently produced omega level mutants, and that is the Grey family.

These are not assumptions. They are in panel, wiki, and in every wiki you can find. And no I don't think they are on the level of cosmic space "GOD" I didn't even mentioned anything about them having to do anything with Magneto (except that they're his family...period). And Luna has to do with Quicksilver. Despite her being a human first...then inhuman...she still carries the blood of a mutant called Quicksilver. Wanda was born with power which later discovered her peculiar talents. You can't be serious and not knowing this. I don't care if they are omega or not, but they're more interesting than the Gray family which they're hardly around for that simple reason...because they're "omega". Rachael is suppose to be omega, but MM came along and is making her look more like an Alpha...lol. X-Man powers has diminished so that don't count...Jean Grey's been gone. Hope...who knows for how long. That's what happen for being an Omega...lol.

LordDracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@cutter: Ironman uses anti magnetism in his technology.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter:

These are not assumptions. They are in panel, wiki, and in every wiki you can find. And no I don't think they are on the level of cosmic space "GOD" I didn't even mentioned anything about them having to do anything with Magneto (except that they're his family...period). And Luna has to do with Quicksilver. Despite her being a human first...then inhuman...she still carries the blood of a mutant called Quicksilver. Wanda was born with power which later discovered her peculiar talents. You can't be serious and not knowing this. I don't care if they are omega or not, but they're more interesting than the Gray family which they're hardly around for that simple reason...because they're "omega". Rachael is suppose to be omega, but MM came along and is making her look more like an Alpha...lol. X-Man powers has diminished so that don't count...Jean Grey's been gone. Hope...who knows for how long. That's what happen for being an Omega...lol.

You said they are powerful just like he is, when that is not true. The mutant blood of Quicksilver offered nothing to Luna in the power department, in fact Magnetos most devoted follower was going to kill her because she was a flatscan and considered an embarrassment that Exodus could not stomach. Stay on your own topic, your opinion about which family you think is more interesting is irrelevant when it is you that claims they can somehow turn into a certain kind of mutant because your have no concept of the classification at its base. Wanda was not born with those “peculiar talents” she was given that power at birth, being a member of his family has nothing to do with her powers to manipulate probability it was a gift from an Elder god, her biggest feats are from the use of magic not from being inherently powerful enough to just do those things. Rachel is not supposed to be omega she is omega, you can’t make a mutant look like an alpha, especially since you think that an alpha like Magneto looks like an Omega even though he is not, because that line of thinking is ridiculous when it is a fact that being an omega, as ill-defined as it may be is genetic and inborn. Rachel was able to see through her oh so powerful reality warps with her natural mutant powers, and the power that her mother is now one with undid it with ease. Nate’s current power level is not relevant either because he is still an omega level mutant by birth and genetics, further evidence that you cannot gain or lose that classification you either are or you are not regardless of how much power you have at your disposal, and he and Rachel are omega level mutants, just like good ole mom (Jean Grey). Your comment about Jean is just as irrelevant, as not only is there a living Jean that is still an omega level mutant, her older self is one with the very power of creation manipulating entire realities in her spare time. Jeans dead body is more valuable than his entire living family because it can still house unlimited power due to her being an omega level mutant. The rest of your rant is just childish, because for a fan you know absolutely nothing about the mutants you are talking about that is not from a wiki. So when you mention powerful families and being omega level mutants know that there is only one family that consistently produces them and that is the Grey family.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: I think you're absolutely wrong about Magneto's family just as much as you're wrong about the Grey family. Nate is not omega anymore because his powers got taking away. Not all but most. So he's not omega. The future Jean died saving the heroes, Current Jean is not displaying she's an omega at all, and the real Jean is dead or in hot room or what ever you want to call it. Rachael and Hope might be only one active as an omega. So no they are not that important.

Also, Scarlet Witch was born as a mutant. She was born with powers and so is Quicksilver. Despite Luna is not a mutant, but she is STILL Quicksilver's daughter. Anya can possibly be one, I reckon. I think you just been trolling down Magneto and his family ever since you started posting here. I think you're the one who doesn't know anything about anything or maybe you do or you just acting like you do Magneto's family are powerful enough to do what they had done. Magneto is very destructive, Polaris can be right after Magneto, Scarlet Witch is powerful enough to depopulate and bring back the mutants with "no more mutants" and "no more phoenix", Quicksilver is what people stated and that is true. I think you just don't want to accept the fact and just want to act like you're the one who's correct. Shame because you've been lying the whole time about the Magnus family. And before coming here to comment this, I check in some Wiki including here and they're all there (I can post link and prove you wrong, but that would make you look.....you know as my username. You just coming with your logic and saying what ever you feel like and as a fan you might think you are, you're just being in denial about the whole thing. Let me know if you want some links. I have it all with me. Comes with fact and stop pretending you know more than the creators and writers. I'm sorry, but you need to read or study the fact.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@uhypocrite said:

@lordofallhumans: I think you're absolutely wrong about Magneto's family just as much as you're wrong about the Grey family. Nate is not omega anymore because his powers got taking away. Not all but most. So he's not omega. The future Jean died saving the heroes, Current Jean is not displaying she's an omega at all, and the real Jean is dead or in hot room or what ever you want to call it. Rachael and Hope might be only one active as an omega. So no they are not that important.

Also, Scarlet Witch was born as a mutant. She was born with powers and so is Quicksilver. Despite Luna is not a mutant, but she is STILL Quicksilver's daughter. Anya can possibly be one, I reckon. I think you just been trolling down Magneto and his family ever since you started posting here. I think you're the one who doesn't know anything about anything or maybe you do or you just acting like you do Magneto's family are powerful enough to do what they had done. Magneto is very destructive, Polaris can be right after Magneto, Scarlet Witch is powerful enough to depopulate and bring back the mutants with "no more mutants" and "no more phoenix", Quicksilver is what people stated and that is true. I think you just don't want to accept the fact and just want to act like you're the one who's correct. Shame because you've been lying the whole time about the Magnus family. And before coming here to comment this, I check in some Wiki including here and they're all there (I can post link and prove you wrong, but that would make you look.....you know as my username. You just coming with your logic and saying what ever you feel like and as a fan you might think you are, you're just being in denial about the whole thing. Let me know if you want some links. I have it all with me. Comes with fact and stop pretending you know more than the creators and writers. I'm sorry, but you need to read or study the fact.

You can't stop being an omega level mutant! Nate is omega and will always be omega regardless of his current powers levels, the way Elixir is an omega level mutant despite not having world shacking power. His (Nates) powers are not gone, they are damaged. Current Jean is future Jean, Jean was always an omega level mutant as the classification was coined by Xavier specifically to define the potential of Bobby and Jean when they were young.

Scarlet witch was born a mutant, but she was not born with the power to manipulate probabilities.reality, she was infused with the energies of an Elder god at birth, meaning she was already born and then her power which would have been energy manipulation was changed. Luna being his daughter has nothing to do with her having power which is the point. Cutter insists that his family is powerful when two of them were born powerless including Anya. Wanda is not powerful enough to do anything you just said, she channeled some unknown mystic force called the Lifeforce and that is what gave her the power she had during M-day, it had nothing to do with her normal powers except for enhancing them beyond her station. No more Phoenix did nothing to the Phoenix and was just said for dramatic effect as anybody that actually read the story knows that the piece of the Phoenix that was involved in AVX (which was not the entire Phoenix force since Jean is still in the White Hot Room) left Hopes body and spread across the Earth breaking the "No more mutants" spell by creating more mutants. You can't prove me wrong with a wiki when my knowledge comes directly from the comics and not some summary created by fans. The people that say you can become an omega level mutant or no longer be one because of power levels are the ones that think they know more than the writers when it is fact that being an omega is something that is genetic and can even be tracked by Aliens.

I'm sorry but you need to just stop replying as you are clueless.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580  Edited By UHypocrite

@lordofallhumans: And my knowledge comes directly from comics too. I don't have scan with me, but I will bring you everything, Son of M, HOM, Children Crusade, Scaret Witch and The Vision, AVX, and there are more. I will give you panel by panel once I have them on scan because I don't want you to think I go by the wiki (even though the wiki is what all the info are kept. I'm sure the people who created the wiki Marvel also go by the comics) I'm not clueless. I'm not the one saying every negative things when all this is on panels. If you can prove your point, and since you go by the comics, than start posting some panel instead of typing which wont mean anything that you're right. Don't worry I will have mine soon. But you are wrong in many things. Especially about Magneto family and more.

I wont reply if you don't reply. Don't be scare only because I'm about to prove you wrong. is what this whole forum is all about, to share opinions and post images and that's what I'm doing and will do the next time I come with my info and panels for everyone. You'll see me again.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#581  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@lordofallhumans: And my knowledge comes directly from comics too. I don't have scan with me, but I will bring you everything, Son of M, HOM, Children Crusade, Scaret Witch and The Vision, AVX, and there are more. I will give you panel by panel once I have them on scan because I don't want you to think I go by the wiki (even though the wiki is what all the info are kept. I'm sure the people who created the wiki Marvel also go by the comics) I'm not clueless. I'm not the one saying every negative things when all this is on panels. If you can prove your point, and since you go by the comics, than start posting some panel instead of typing which wont mean anything that you're right. Don't worry I will have mine soon. But you are wrong in many things. Especially about Magneto family and more.

I wont reply if you don't reply. Don't be scare only because I'm about to prove you wrong. is what this whole forum is all about, to share opinions and post images and that's what I'm doing and will do the next time I come with my info and panels for everyone. You'll see me again.

Why do I need to post panels if you claim to have them. If you read the comics you would know that the power Wanda used to warp reality during HOM was not her own power. It was a power she needed Doom to help her summon and it was called the Lifeforce. The power levels she had in all the other stories you are mention was nowhere near the level of HOM. But since you are so desparate for proof that Wanda at normal levels is not as powerful as you would like to think her you are, she even says that before the lifeforce her magic isn't even stronger than Dr. Dooms. This was only made possible due to her status as a nexus being and had nothing to do with her being a mutant or the daughter of Magneto, and still the power she tapped was too much for her to contain and drove her insane leading to decimation and HOM.

No Caption Provided

now here is the proof that Wanda was not born with the ability to manipulate probabilities/reality or chaos magic. An Elder god "touched" her well after her birth and altered her mutant power.

No Caption Provided

Here is a scan marking the creation of her twins, which was through her once again tapping some outside mystical force.

No Caption Provided

I think you get the point, Wanda without the help of outside mystical forces and her status as a nexus being which allows her to channel mystical forces is not as powerful as you say and does not fit the criteria for omega level mutant because the powers you are talking about are not mutant in nature.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega-level mutants

An Omega-level mutant is one with the most powerful genetic potential of their mutant abilities. The term was first seen in the 1986 issue Uncanny X-Men #208, but was completely unexplained beyond the obvious implication of it referring to an exceptional level of power. The term was not seen again until the 2001 limited series X-Men Forever. Some abilities depicted by mutants described as Omega-level include immortality, extreme manipulation of matter and energy, high psionic ability, strong telekinesis, and the potential to exist beyond the boundaries of the known physical universe. No firm definition has been offered in comics. Examples of mutants that have been confirmed as Omega-level include Jean Grey,[6]Quentin Quire,[7]Vulcan,[8]Rachel Summers,[9]Iceman,[10]Legion,[11]Elixir,[12]Franklin Richards,[13]

AS PER MARVEL CHARACTERS' PAGE

MAGNETO-possesses the power to control all forms of magnetism. He can shape and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially. It is unclear, however, whether he must draw magnetic force from outside himself (if so, then he can do so over vast distances), or whether he can also generate magnetic force from within himself. Nor is it clear whether Magneto's power is psionic or purely physiological in nature. Magneto's power is, for all practical purposes, limitless. Moreover, he can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously. He can completely assemble a complicated machine within seconds through his powers. He can erect magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability around himself for protection. Although Magneto’s primary power is control over magnetism, he can also project or manipulate any form of energy that is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, including visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma rays, and x-rays. However, Magneto almost always uses only magnetism, since it’s more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy. Magneto has also exhibited powers of astral projection and telepathy, and has claimed to be able to control the minds of others, though his abilities along these lines appear to be minimal. Magneto’s ability to wield his superhuman powers effectively is dependent upon his physical condition. When severely injured, his body is unable to withstand the strain of manipulating great amounts of magnetic forces. OMEGA LEVEL MUTANT NOT STATED HERE

SOURCE: http://marvel.com/characters/35/magneto

and not also stated as omega in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto_%28comics%29 and

QUICKSILVER -possessed superhuman speed, and could travel on foot at speeds exceeding the speed of sound for hundreds of miles before tiring; he could "fly" for short distances by flapping his arms or "vibrating" his legs; he could also use his speed to create cyclones, dodge machine gun and laser fire, and run up walls and across water. When the High Evolutionary's Isotope E upgraded his powers, he did not know the true limits of his speed.Following the loss of his mutant nature, Quicksilver exposed himself to the Terrigen Mists, resulting in him now possessing the power to vibrate his atoms so quickly he travels forward in time. His molecular speed that he generates displaces him out of the mainstream time/space so that he is able to propel himself into the future. He can leap from thirty seconds to up to twelve days, and remain for several minutes to several hours before being recalled to his present time once his body tires, or he can return at will before his time is up. As he returns from his trip, he returns the exact moment he left so as to appear that he has been gone for half a nano-second. He is able to bring inorganic objects from the future back to his correct time, although it has yet been shown what would happen if he attempted to bring organic objects with him. These new powers are having an affect on his physical health. Each time he meets up with his future self (if indeed the person he meets is his future self), the future self looks more and more haggard. After the incident on Genosha, Pietro continued to inhale the Mists of Terrigen and has apparently obtained the power, with the shards of the Mists in his hands, to restore other mutants’ powers OMEGA LEVEL MUTANT NOT STATED HERE

SOURCE : http://marvel.com/characters/44/quicksilver

SCARLET WITCH can tap into mystic energy for reality-altering effects; this power was formerly limited to the creation of "hex-spheres" of reality-disrupting quasi-psionic force to cause molecular disturbances in a target's probability field, resulting in spontaneous combustion, deflection of objects in flight, and so on. She later became able to alter reality on a far greater scale, creating entire armies of enemies from nowhere. Although the Scarlet Witch has been trained in basic sorcery techniques, she lacks the specialized mystic training required to fully control her power. OMEGA LEVEL MUTANT NOT STATED HERE

SOURCE: http://marvel.com/characters/50/scarlet_witch

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uhmmmmm. This is getting confusing here. Ok. Again, I don't see anywhere where someone is saying they are omega level, but that they are powerful. I think this is 2 different meaning. Omega is what we all know it is and powerful mean that they're just powerful without being omega. It that clear? I think people still getting confuse about the whole thing with "omega" and "powerful" And that they can be? Sure, I don't see why not.

Scarlet Witch (I'm sure there are more panel than this) was being used by many powerful beings for the simple reason that her powers attracted many of them. They couldn't do what Scarlet can. She uses some outside power, but most of that power came from her. She's just not in full control over her power while using other sources, but it is her main power to. and it's what people are trying to say here. She was born with it despite she can't control it and needed Doom who's magic was stronger. But I think this changed in Avengers World #15. She beat Doom and seemed to have more control than ever before. It didn't show she needed his magic even though she wasn't creating her kids at that incident, but fighting Doom for using her. I think this is what it happening now in the Axis event. But she did crated her kids in the first place, she used Doom to resurrected them once again after she lose them.

Those family are not omega, but is clearly on panel that they are powerful being as well comparing to the omega ones. It's pretty simple they are powerful without being omega. I think that's the point people are saying here including me because they are powerful despite the stupid classification. I just wanted to make it clear that "powerful" and "omega" are 2 different things. Just saying.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#584  Edited By EC2277

Perfect!

Scarlett Witch and Hope was the only able to defeat Cyclops/Phoenix, but they aren't omega level mutant. Instead the omega level mutants wasn't enough powerful to defeat Cyclops/Phoenix.

Jean Grey is an omega level mutant (so she should be immortal), but she die continuously.

Maybe that classification could be useful, if it were more coherent with the reality of the stories, but as it is currently defined, I don't think it is a great thing.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@purepleazure4u:

uhmmmmm. This is getting confusing here. Ok. Again, I don't see anywhere where someone is saying they are omega level, but that they are powerful. I think this is 2 different meaning. Omega is what we all know it is and powerful mean that they're just powerful without being omega. It that clear? I think people still getting confuse about the whole thing with "omega" and "powerful" And that they can be? Sure, I don't see why not.

If you don’t see that then you have not read this thread. It was suggested that Magento and his family can reach omega level status based on power levels, even though it has been stated time and time again that the omega level status is not about level of power and has to do with genetics that can be identified.

Scarlet Witch (I'm sure there are more panel than this) was being used by many powerful beings for the simple reason that her powers attracted many of them. They couldn't do what Scarlet can. She uses some outside power, but most of that power came from her. She's just not in full control over her power while using other sources, but it is her main power to. and it's what people are trying to say here. She was born with it despite she can't control it and needed Doom who's magic was stronger. But I think this changed in Avengers World #15. She beat Doom and seemed to have more control than ever before. It didn't show she needed his magic even though she wasn't creating her kids at that incident, but fighting Doom for using her. I think this is what it happening now in the Axis event. But she did crated her kids in the first place, she used Doom to resurrected them once again after she lose them.

Scarlet Witch is a nexus being, meaning she is a focal point for mystical energy, and that is why she has been used by others in the past. Her status as a nexus being is due to her being infused with mystical energy at birth. I just showed you above that she was not born that way, and that a demon that was once an elder god gave her this potential well after she was born. She was only able to create those kids because she used the magic of a town of witches, she did not create them under her own power, which is why she wanted to find another source to have them recreated. If she can just create them whenever she wanted she would not have even sought Doom out.

Those family are not omega, but is clearly on panel that they are powerful being as well comparing to the omega ones. It's pretty simple they are powerful without being omega. I think that's the point people are saying here including me because they are powerful despite the stupid classification. I just wanted to make it clear that "powerful" and "omega" are 2 different things. Just saying

They are not powerful on their own to be compared. Magneto is the only one that can be compared and many times in the past he has needed tech to enhance his powers. Polaris has a higher output of natural energy than Wanda, and she is not as powerful as Magneto, only potentially as powerful as him because she did not know how to tap outside forces (the Earths EM field to enhance her powers like her father). Wanda, see above. Quicksilver is not powerful enough to compare to anybody that doesn’t have some kind of passive base physical power and his daughter even with her non-mutant powers is not that powerful either. At least you understand that being powerful does not have anything to do with having the genetic markers of an Omega level mutant.

@ec2277 said:

Perfect!

Scarlett Witch and Hope was the only able to defeat Cyclops/Phoenix, but they aren't omega level mutant. Instead the omega level mutants wasn't enough powerful to defeat Cyclops/Phoenix.

Jean Grey is an omega level mutant (so she should be immortal), but she die continuously.

Maybe that classification could be useful, if it were more coherent with the reality of the stories, but as it is currently defined, I don't think it is a great thing.

Hope is an omega level mutant and they did not defeat Cyclops, he decided to let the power go because Jean told him to.

Jean is one with the Phoenix and must cycle through life and death as part of that connection. It was made clear that it was the Phoenix that was judging her and that she would have to die because the Phoenix was not going allow her to stay long due to her neglecting her Phoenix work in getting rid of Sublime while she was alive. Jean exists now on a higher plane of existence as a cosmic force that can still affect reality even in death. The ultimate goal of mutation as shown in X-men Forever (the story line, not the comic set in another universe) is to become one with and replace the cosmic force of the universe, Jean Grey has reached the height of mutation by fully bonding with the Phoenix Force so in fact she has in fact reached the potential that is stated to be part of the omega level mutant classification.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#586  Edited By EC2277

@lordofallhumans: You're too complicated to me. Not, it is the Marvel too complicated to me: I am a narrow-minded reader and to me, if a character is dead and if it doesn't appear in any story (neither like a ghost) it it erase from the Marvel Universe. The complex explanations aren't to me: made me only headache and because I don't want headache, I avoid to pursue the matter.

Obviously I'm joking.

Seriously, that story that Jean is one with Phoenix make unusable the character, because she is too much powerful and not exist enemy can deal with her. I think it only an elegant way to get rid of a character of which the writers don't need, leaving open the possibility of her return.
    Do I have already said that I am a narrow-minded reader, who don't love the complex explanation?

P.S. Thank you: I don't knew that Hope was an omega level. I thought that the list of Purepleazure4u was complete.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@lordofallhumans: You're too complicated to me. Not, it is the Marvel too complicated to me: I am a narrow-minded reader and to me, if a character is dead and if it doesn't appear in any story (neither like a ghost) it it erase from the Marvel Universe. The complex explanations aren't to me: made me only headache and because I don't want headache, I avoid to pursue the matter.

Obviously I'm joking.

Seriously, that story that Jean is one with Phoenix make unusable the character, because she is too much powerful and not exist enemy can deal with her. I think it only an elegant way to get rid of a character that the writers don't want use, leaving open the possibility of her return.

P.S. Thank you: I don't knew that Hope was an omega level. I thought that the list of Purepleazure4u was complete.

That list must have been made before Hope was created, and the newest Omega level mutant Matthew Malloy is not on it either, nor is Mr. M, who was created before both of them.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588  Edited By EC2277

@lordofallhumans: It can be that the list is old: the last update of the page of Jean Grey is dated back to 2007.

No, Matthew Malloy isn't an omega level mutant, because he is over the omega level. It's Beast to say that in the last page of Uncanny X-Men 26. Exactly he say: «He is more than an omega level mutant. He is more powerful than any signature we have ever seen before.»

Now we have the enemy for Jean/Phoenix and I don't like this run to the overpowered characters, because I think that a good comic book need to good stories and good character, not to powers every day more powerful.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@ec2277 said:

@lordofallhumans: It can be that the list is old: the last update of the page of Jean Grey is dated back to 2007.

No, Matthew Malloy isn't an omega level mutant, because he is over the omega level. It's Beast to say that in the last page of Uncanny X-Men 26.

Now we have the enemy for Jean/Phoenix and I don't like this run to the overpowered characters, because I think that a good comic book need to good stories and good character, not to powers every day more powerful.

There is no such thing as over omega (just like potential omega), it is just something they say for dramatic effect. Omega level means they already have unlimited potential for power, you can’t go beyond unlimited potential as that already suggests there is no end so to be over something that already has no top is redundant, just like it’s ridiculous to say that somebody has the potential to have the potential to be potentially unlimited (potential omega level mutant). They said the same thing about Vulcan when he first appeared and have said it about Franklin Richards for hype, both of them are omega level mutants and Matthew Malloy is no different.

I don’t see how a guy that can be restrained by periodic doses of telepathy from Xavier is a good enemy for Jean/Phoenix, or even Jean the adult considering she is more powerful than Xavier.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#590  Edited By EC2277

@lordofallhumans: I was sarcastic because an omega level is already unlimited.

:-)

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592  Edited By Frozon

@lordofallhumans: Again you're wrong.

Scarlet's powers have changed as well, becoming much more powerful (like a number of Silver Age heroines). At times, she’s been a nexus of chaos magic and at other times she’s had the ability to twist reality itself (this should be in this classification).

This powerful mutant has the unique ability to control the probability field, the force that guides everything in the universe. By focusing her energy and creating a hex-sphere, Scarlet witch is able to alter reality, causing objects to move, melt, rot and change in ways her enemies can't defend. She can alter the course of any battle, conjuring objects out of nowhere or wiping them out of existence in an instant."

It was because of these powers that the Avengers were once actually disassembled as she caused the deaths of Hawkeye, Scott Lang, and the destruction of the Vision. She was finally stopped by Doctor Strange and given into the care of Magneto and Professor X. Despite their best efforts, the Scarlet Witch lost control of her powers and created the House of M where Magneto and mutants ruled supreme. The events of the House of M would lead to her most famous whisper "No more Mutants" which depowered 90% of the mutant population.

Scarlet Witch was born with powers. Is not like you're saying everyone gave her every piece of power. She defeated her greatest worst nightmare. Admit it, she is powerful and people just hate her. Oh and speaking if she was born with powers or not, here is a little image for your thoughts. And the powers she was born with was still powerful enough let alone with just pointing a finger on you will bring you destruction.

No Caption Provided

Her mutant control over forms or reality.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#593  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@frozon said:

Scarlet's powers have changed as well, becoming much more powerful (like a number of Silver Age heroines). At times, she’s been a nexus of chaos magic and at other times she’s had the ability to twist reality itself (this should be in this classification).

This powerful mutant has the unique ability to control the probability field, the force that guides everything in the universe. By focusing her energy and creating a hex-sphere, Scarlet witch is able to alter reality, causing objects to move, melt, rot and change in ways her enemies can't defend. She can alter the course of any battle, conjuring objects out of nowhere or wiping them out of existence in an instant."

It was because of these powers that the Avengers were once actually disassembled as she caused the deaths of Hawkeye, Scott Lang, and the destruction of the Vision. She was finally stopped by Doctor Strange and given into the care of Magneto and Professor X. Despite their best efforts, the Scarlet Witch lost control of her powers and created the House of M where Magneto and mutants ruled supreme. The events of the House of M would lead to her most famous whisper "No more Mutants" which depowered 90% of the mutant population.

Scarlet Witch was born with powers. Is not like you're saying everyone gave her every piece of power. She defeated her greatest worst nightmare. Admit it, she is powerful and people just hate her. Oh and speaking if she was born with powers or not, here is a little image for your thoughts. And the powers she was born with was still powerful enough let alone with just pointing a finger on you will bring you destruction.

No Caption Provided

How am I wrong with panel evidence above to back everything I said, yet you show some irrelevant scan to say the same uninformed BS? Did you know that for years Wanda was unaware about the true nature of her powers genius? Her mutation was altered, her mutant ability to manipulate energy was turned into the mutant ability to manipulate probability, through an Elder god and had nothing to do with what she would naturally be or her fathers DNA. Her ability to twist reality is connected to the fact that she is nexus being that can channel vast amounts of mystical energy thus increasing her mutant powers, still nothing to do with her natural talents as a mutant and more to so with her unnatural talents as a mystical conduit.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozon said:

No Caption Provided

How am I wrong with panel evidence above to back everything I said, yet you show some irrelevant scan to say the same uninformed BS? Did you know that for years Wanda was unaware about the true nature of her powers genius? Her mutation was altered, her mutant ability to manipulate energy was turned into the mutant ability to manipulate probability, through an Elder god and had nothing to do with what she would naturally be or her fathers DNA. Her ability to twist reality is connected to the fact that she is nexus being that can channel vast amounts of mystical energy thus increasing her mutant powers, still nothing to do with her natural talents as a mutant and more to so with her unnatural talents as a mystical conduit.

I'm sorry? This is not BS. Is all in panel and in your face. So now deal with it.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozon said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@frozon said:

No Caption Provided

I'm sorry? This is not BS. Is all in panel and in your face. So now deal with it.

It's BS because it is from a time when she didn't know her origins or the nature of her power, which I have already provided in a previous post.

Somebody that claims to know so much and is so quick to point out how “wrong” others are should at least be knowledgeable about these very basic facts.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#596  Edited By Frozon

@lordofallhumans: I kind of noticed you don't like to be corrected. The panel is in your face and in everyone else. You just don't like the fact of being wrong and I'm sorry, but you were warned. I have something special for those who think Scarlet as a normal level can't beat Jean. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Jean as much as I love my dear Scarlet. Jean without the Phoenix and Scarlet without the "no more mutants" or "no more Phoenix" powers. I can gladly say that Scarlet can defeat her with her original power that she was born with.

No Caption Provided

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#597  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@frozon said:

@lordofallhumans: I kind of noticed you don't like to be corrected. The panel is in your face and in everyone else. You just don't like the fact of being wrong and I'm sorry, but you were warned. I have something special for those who think Scarlet as a normal level can't beat Jean. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Jean as much as I love my dear Scarlet. Jean without the Phoenix and Scarlet without the "no more mutants" or "no more Phoenix" powers. I can gladly say that Scarlet can defeat her with her original power that she was born with.

No Caption Provided

You're posting a scan of Jean having a telepathic probe turned on her by a sneak attack from Wanda to prove that Wanda can beat Jean....LOL you are unbelievable. They weren't even fighting, did you read the book? And once again she was not born with those powers, she was given those powers after birth as shown in a scan above. Apparently only one of us doesn't like to be wrong and cannot properly interpret scans and it sure as hell ain't me. Do you even read comics? Or do you just look for scans and read wikis lol.

This is how a real fight between them looks with Jean knowing that Wanda had to focus and gesture to use her hex bolts, while Jean only needs to think.

No Caption Provided

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozon said:

Generalizing what you said, I can explain why the concept of the omega level mutant is useless in the develop of the stories: an omega level mutant who don't have reached his full potential, are exactly like any other mutant. An omega level mutant who have reached his full potential is unusable, because he is omnipotent and then no one can deal with him.

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#600  Edited By PurePleazure4u

Cutter said: Oh yes they are. Scarlet Witch is a mutant, born with the magical ability to alter reality in unspecific ways and has the ability to manipulate probability via her hexes aside from her chaos magic. Same goes to Wiccan.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Cutter was right! Say no more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.