Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Off My Mind: How Can Cyclops' Uncanny X-Men Win the Public's Hearts

• 108 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-64a584ff1973b
    deactivated-64a584ff1973b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 5

If you want to be taken seriously. 1.Get rid of the code names you are President King-God Summers 2. Don't flouder about your power if you want to be loved. 3. PPut your best mutatnts forward, dosome charity work for the blind. You have someone there that can cure cancer make a reality show where he just dose that all day. You have so many mutants that could help humanity as a whole and your keeping them on the island for show.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I find it funny how a Marvel Public would almost fully accept a morally challenged Dark Avengers.. But wouldnt accept the X Men even with all theyve done for the world and never asked for payment.. I think this is a noble &quite understandable move from Summers.. also

I think the X Mens power &publicity circle should go as follows

Cyclops - Founder/Leader/Commander In Chief/Possible Key Member of Illuminati? (It should be tastefully noted that this man is literally the Mutant answer to Steve Rogers/Martin Luther King &Malcolm X combined)White Queen - First Lady/Co Leader/Financier/Utopia Secretary Of Media.. (Still has ties with numerous clandestine power circles &a staunch republican, could come in handy balance wise)

Storm - Spiritual Leader/Moral Compass/Ambassador to Wakanda/Royalty=PR Wet Dream (a more visible prescence from her would bring in the international &black community.. Im thinkin guest spots with Oprah, a few BET Awards appearances etc)

Angel - Founding Member/Financier/Utopia Secretary of Commerce/International Playboy (despite his troubles with the split personality disorder I cant imagine leaving the blue eyed blue blooded pretty boy billionaire &1of The ORIGINAL 5 out of the mix ESP when it comes to PR links with Republicans)

Ice Man - Founding Member/CFO/Utopia Secretary of Finance? (An incredibly underused member, ppl keep forgetting hes been there since the start, &would be an EXTREMELY valuable asset.. &With his comedic charm guest spots on SNL & The Daily Show wouldn be outa place &could possibly garuantee rising support with entertainment sectors &Democrats)

Colossus - Utopia Secretary of Arts&Agriculture/Ambassador to Russia, represents the working class man...SnM

That would be the BEST forefront team IMO As for other powrhouses that could make the "round table" but not be at the head of the team....

Namor - Utopia Secretary of the Environment: royalty &extremely valuable asset that'd make the round table but with his temper, personality etc would be best suited to X tinction Team B

Magneto - Utopia Secretary of Defense/Special Advisor to The Commander in Chief/Wartime Consigliere to Cyclops: Again a PR liability.. &even more so than Namor, even though hes exhibited the ability to change.. Any PR transformation of Green Goblinesque levels would mean ALL resources focused solely on him.. Not wise or possible. Keep him in the background as a reminder of exactly how powerful the X Man are but just howmuch they are holding back

Xavier - Utopia Secretary of Education?/Special Advisor to The Commander in Chief I think he & Magneto should both be background figures called upon for advice in times of crisis..he could be the angel on the left side of Cykes shoulder to Magnetos devil on the right.. &would make for more balanced decision making by the leader. Hell Don Vito had 2 consiglieres & he was .... umm The Godfather o__O

The top 5 (Emma doesnt count) is My ideal idea of the X Mens ideal Media Offensive.. hopefully after someone at Marvel reads this..silly things like having Danger (really???) & Hope (too young &inexperienced) on the panel will be a simply retconned thing of the past

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By VesKaGan

@THEBlaqueBasterd said:

I find it funny how a Marvel Public would almost fully accept a morally challenged Dark Avengers.. But wouldnt accept the X Men even with all theyve done for the world and never asked for payment.. I think this is a noble &quite understandable move from Summers...

I think the main problem is... it's Cyclops. The guy some people really looove to hate. Sometimes to a ridiculus degree, if you ask me....

aiightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By aiightman

Good article. I agree with everything except Emma wearing more clothes ;-)

Nosfistis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105  Edited By Nosfistis

Extinction team rules! Some of the biggest mutant powerhouses are in and Emma Frost keeps showcasing her "assets". All is well in mutant paradise. I don't completely agree with the whole PR thing or their general strategy,but I don't think it too much. For me its just a means to an awesome end: X-men finally playing with the big boys and actually making a difference on the whole Marvel U and not just mutant U.

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By rpgr

Not to be a negative nanny but of course no matter what Scott does it won't work. The whole point point of the X-men comics is to protect a world that fear and hates them. If they stopped that theme then what makes X-men different from the Avengers or JLA or any other super team? Scott could give everyone in the world a baby puppy and kitten and infinite chocolate/wine but the world would still hate them (or revert to hating them once everyone develops diabetes/becomes an alcoholic/puppies and kittens grow up to be not as cute) . It's part of the X-men schtick/status quo.

The only thing you can do about it is to explore the different ways X-men could operate within that context and tie it into how current society is.

kuma_far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By kuma_far

@HotSauceCommittee: LOL

If I was a Mutant in Marvel Universe I would have totally sided with Wolvie, Slim seems to uptight (Maybe is the spandex talking I dont really know)

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Skaddix

This team only has two characters who would actually do well enough in PR Storm and Cyclops. The rest don't help matters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.